• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NW Monthlies, Bolton, DATE TBA (Melee + Brawl) Updated first page, MORE HYPE PLEASE!!

Anaky

Smash Champion
NNID
AnakyUK
Yeah Kyle this one will be in Bolton, both Melee and Brawl, although i dunno if im 100% going to this yet, i'll know by the end of this week coming, if i have enough money im definatly going so u and cal can come over to mine the night b4 to train ur WARIO loool.

K.Mac

Smash Lord
loool

I've got a long way to go before I get any good with Wario, but sleeping at yours is pro. definitely can't miss out on the sexy sofa cushion bed. :B

btw is Yens even thinking of coming to this? lol.

The_Rake

Smash Lord
What time does it start and finish?
If people need housing what time will they need to be there on the friday?

I'm thinking of coming now and if i do I'll be bringing calz, willz and brado most likely

Anaky

Smash Champion
NNID
AnakyUK
Ok if u ppl want to then i can most likely house u Friday night but i gotta know if u can (or want to first), then i'll ask my Mum.
1 Me
2 Rake
3 Willz
4 Brad (Yes Brad)
5 Calzum
6 Calzorz
7 Yeniths
8 Kmac
9 Rega
Would be awsomez IMO, if not i'll probz have my original smash crew round anywayz.

The_Rake

Smash Lord
if willz brad calzum and rega are comin with me then i intend to stop at trios if i can rearrange my shift, i beieve i can swap it though so shud be fine (Y)

COEY

Smash Lord
cool guys sounds good i'm looking forward to a nice EM turn out, be cool to meet you guys especially as i'm very likely to be moving to licolnshire in like 6-12 months.

i'm hoping to start registration at 10am and start actual events 11am. between then as at shs1 will be time for some warm up friendlies, this will also allow some more time for people to arrive etc. doubles will likely be the first event, i'm not sure if i will run melee or brawl first. I think i might even kick off the whichever hasnt started once some tv's clear up, and get both events out of the way asap.

please once registration does commence please do register straight away, just to make sure things do begin at 11. this would just be a big help for me, i'm not going to put any rulings in to punish slow registration ;)

Dacacia

Smash Journeyman
Hmm, if you're gonna start events at 11 then I may need a place to stay overnight beforehand- jo3, is there still space at yours? Either that or I'll have to leave at leave at around 8.30 =@.@=

Tamoo

Smash Master
Joe: I dont think willz is that amazing at melee tbh, (responding on a different thread lol) im pretty sure yeniths is much better than willz, and unfortunately yens placed like last at the last london ranbat somehow :s.
And I dont need a doubles partner either cos i got dacacia :)
Also im booking right now so im def confirmed

J03

Smash Master
Haha Im going to pummel all of you muhaha, fear my fox

Pros gonna watch the vids and be like 'OH MY GAWD, i gotta learn how to do that son!'

you aint ever gonna beat me guys, keep dreaming, Ill show you how to play the game!! Yall better have notepads at the ready, and if anyone forgets their pen there gonna regret it!

Anaky

Smash Champion
NNID
AnakyUK
Me and Calzorz are gonna be team partners for Melee and Brawl, we gonna win both looool jks jks.

Willz

Smash Master
NNID
WillzUK
Joe: I dont think willz is that amazing at melee tbh, (responding on a different thread lol) im pretty sure yeniths is much better than willz, and unfortunately yens placed like last at the last london ranbat somehow :s.
Huh. I'm not amazing but neither is Yen. When he came round about 3 weeks ago I mostly went even with him and he said that I was improving a lot. Considering I've only been playing Melee like SRS BUSINESS since about May.

COEY

Smash Lord
jo3's moves consist of up throw up air, and different variations of that combination :)

oh i believe he likes to throw some back air into the mix to edge guard.

Willz

Smash Master
NNID
WillzUK
Hope my parents let me go with Rake if he even goes. They're thinking about not letting me travel so far with someone they don't know well.... **** being 15. Raaaaaaaage.

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
wtf is with you 15 year olds age johnning?

i traveled from london to lancaster for my first tournament at 13, when i came back i was 15 for a few months and i still traveled to tki and such lol

J03

Smash Master
jo3's moves consist of up throw up air, and different variations of that combination :)

oh i believe he likes to throw some back air into the mix to edge guard.
rofl, i dont have to play properly against most people these days, so aye you'll prolly get killed by that

Willz

Smash Master
NNID
WillzUK
My parents are very protective of me. I won't give reasons why on here but it involves someone in my family dying so I understand why they are like that.

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
i know there's obviously another reason and my guess was due to protective parents, i'm just saying dont use 15 as a john lol

J03

Smash Master
My parents are very protective of me. I won't give reasons why on here but it involves someone in my family dying so I understand why they are like that.
can anything be done to remove the awkward atmosphere now circling this thread?

...Boobs

Dacacia

Smash Journeyman
Gosh Jo3, you suck. Will, is it alright if I crash at yours the night before then? I suppose I could just wake up earlier... Hmm, I shall think on this.

J03

Smash Master
rofl i cant team with him coz me and will always team and me and will are amazing, why mess with perfection? Plus if charles teams with me therell be no point to teams, might as well hand us the prize money =/.

Aiko or Alan will team with charles but neither of them can confirm atm, as soon as they confrim theyll offer themselves... sexually

AmcD

Smash Ace
atm it's looking doubtful but there's still hope =). ill team with charles if he wants.

The_Rake

Smash Lord
Just to let Willz, Brado, Calzum and Rega/Bloodbowler know the plan is to go to Trios on the friday, then off to the ranbat in the morn. The overall journey (there and back) will be about 360 miles (£36 altogether as my car does 40 mpg = £1 per mile)
That means then that if there's 5 of us i shall need diesel contributions of £7 each
If theres just 4 of us that'll be £9 each

We'll sort out times and such when the day draws closer

The_Rake

Smash Lord
Hope my parents let me go with Rake if he even goes. They're thinking about not letting me travel so far with someone they don't know well.... **** being 15. Raaaaaaaage.
If it helps tell your parents i'm 21, been driving for over 3 years and am yet to have an accident. I won't be speeding either, in the past year I've had to drive a lot of people, particularly youth from my church, around so I've done a heck of a lot of driving for someone my age.

Oh brado, teams? =P

Willz

Smash Master
NNID
WillzUK
Unlikely, as he's still in America Joe and haven't heard from him in a month or so now. But he should be at the next EM fest hopefully. SO MAKE THAT!

Ty for that info Rake. Hopefully my mum might change her mind. =]

COEY

Smash Lord
duncan - your more than welcome to sleep over on the friday mate.

rake - it's pretty cool the amount of driving your going to do just to come to this, i'm guessing you wont wanna drive back on sat too, so i will try and sort you out with an airbed seeing as how you will be driving all that way back the next day.

The_Rake

Smash Lord
duncan - your more than welcome to sleep over on the friday mate.

rake - it's pretty cool the amount of driving your going to do just to come to this, i'm guessing you wont wanna drive back on sat too, so i will try and sort you out with an airbed seeing as how you will be driving all that way back the next day.
Tbh i was thinking of drivin back on the sat. I wont be doing the whole trip on the sat anyway, I'll be most the way by then seen as we'll all be staying at trios hopefully. That does sound like a tempting offer though. I may take you up on that if I'm feeling particularly shattered on the sat, otherwise I will prob head back on the evening.
Depends weather willz, calz, brado and rega are ok with it too.

Well the drive home wont be as long as the one there, we wont be going via trios this time so that cuts out quite a bit of milage.

The_Rake

Smash Lord
I hope dooan can make it, I wanna hear his amazing commentary again....well it's just him shouting "OOOOOOHHHH" and "SPEED GANON!" but its awsome =P

The Filth

Smash Lord
I hope dooan can make it, I wanna hear his amazing commentary again....well it's just him shouting "OOOOOOHHHH" and "SPEED GANON!" but its awsome =P
I'm a pale shadow of Solid-Pit, I warn you now.

You are not prepared for what he brings to smash.

Willz

Smash Master
NNID
WillzUK
Brado won't be making this Rake just so you know. Me and Calzum will hopefully be coming though. Still need to convince my mum though...

The_Rake

Smash Lord
Ah ok willz, in that case, prob gona be about £10-£12 each to cover diesel, if i give some guys a lift from trios then it'll prob be a few pound less (more like 9 or 10), i'll do the exact calculations when i can be bothered to.
(just so you kno i am a mathmatical wizz and these calculations can indeed be trusted, always freaks people out with the speed at which i can work these kinda things out)

Infact, whatever the diesel comes to i wont ask for more than £10, i dont want the cost for each person to becoe ridiculous, so even if theres 3 of us and it comes to (eg) £40 total ill only ask for £10 (or less if it comes to less divided amongst however many are in the car)

Hey dooan, need someone for teams?

Top Bottom