• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NW Monthlies, Bolton, DATE TBA (Melee + Brawl) Updated first page, MORE HYPE PLEASE!!

J03

Smash Master
i cant grow a beard, trust me ive tried =(

looks like a rampage imo, should be 5-0 rofl.

i was yelling at the TV 'COME ON HESKEY, JUST PROVE US ALL WRONG!!' the man cant score, twice 1 and 1 with the keeper, twice he fumbled rofl, i understand Capellos thoughts but surely a striker should be able to beat a keeper 1 vs 1 to be considered world class =/

And what was with Rooney going goal bound from his own half haha.

and Chaz, i thought you were on holiday with you bird =o How was/is it?

Anaky

Smash Champion
NNID
AnakyUK
Ohh **** i forgot to watch the match, good job were up 2-0 though, makes a change loool, who scored for England?

Willz

Smash Master
NNID
WillzUK
HAHAHA so true trio , only time uv been out EM willz is if ur parents are in the same place , spain and london that 1 time the rest u say ur attending and we all know ur not free post count for u tho so w/e on a seprate note

i will win
Yeah I explained on the other page that they're protective of me and won't let me travel by myself until I'm 16. Which I understand.

Trio, I never say I'm attending tourneys I just say I'll try my best to get there. When did that ever mean 'YEP IM 100% CONFIRMED FOR THIS'. It's not my fault **** comes up and you interpret my words as 'CONFIRMED'.

Willz

Smash Master
NNID
WillzUK
You guys do realise that if me Cal n Brad were allowed to travel to London, Manchester etc, we would certainly do it if we had the money.

J03

Smash Master
Trio: Croatia were a mess, England walked all over them, doesnt mean we were perfect. We opened the scoring with a Penalty. Lennon made a run accross the box, the Defender got in the way, Twas a cliche penny that was deffo a penalty given the rules these days> Lampard slotted it in the Left hand corner.

Second came with some lovely play finding Gerrards head for a nice 2nd goal. Also Heskey cant score for poo rofl.

Second half was the same as the first. 2 more goals from 2 more headers by Lampard and Gerrard giving them 2 goals a piece. Makes you wonder if England have enough talent with their feet if were only scoring from Headers though.

They managed to scrape one back with some great attacking play. Green stopped the first effort but left the ball hanging around, a second shot was saved again but imo it should have been caught, the ball bobbled out once again and was hit in the back of the net, messy but it counts rofl.

One last goal came from Rooney, nothing good at all, their defender passed it back to the keeper who instead of clearing it, miskicked and sent it flying accross the goal mouth and Rooney was there to make it 5-1.

All in all a good match and good to watch. Lennon was man of the match rightly so because the speed in attack was amazing. The word on the street was Englands defense down the right side was our weakness but we responded by attacking down the right side 70-80% of the time rofl, still a possible weakness there but room for improvement ios always a good thing.

Willz: your 15 dude, its cool that your so understanding about your parents protectiveness, personally id push for more independence but A. im not you and B. i know nothing about your situation.

As for the rest of you, leave of him alreet, if he turns 16 and his parents are still the same... THEN you rip the ****e outa him haha.

Willz

Smash Master
NNID
WillzUK
Willz: your 15 dude, its cool that your so understanding about your parents protectiveness, personally id push for more independence but A. im not you and B. i know nothing about your situation.

As for the rest of you, leave of him alreet, if he turns 16 and his parents are still the same... THEN you rip the ****e outa him haha.
Haha nice to see you're understanding joe. Yeah I've tried to let me do my own thing but the most I can get out of argueing with them is I have to go with my bro. Who doesn't like competitive Smash much and will only take me places if he wants to go to them as well (like I go London with my bro for the London MCM Expo). But yeah, when I turn 16 and if they still prohibit me from travelling. Yeah you can rip on me then.

COEY

Smash Lord
5-1 boys where were the croats!!

On a slightly more serious note england are the team to beat in europe now, who else beats a fifa top 10 in the world ranked side 5-1? No one thats who!!!

Charlie G

Smash Journeyman
not oly does emile heskey look like Dave Benson Phillips, he's probably about as good at football as him tbh

yeah, got back a few days ago, it was pretty sweet times

COEY

Smash Lord
cool man

but leave heskey alone, maybe he did miss those 2 chances but apart from that he did some excellent playmaking and winning/keeping of the ball

we nearly scored when he forced an error from the defense only lennon couldnt finish it and he got man of the match!

J03

Smash Master
Glad to hear it dude, i can imagine you on holiday, mingling seemlessly, not appearing a tourist at all. **** you and your charm!

Also does this mean your coming on the 19th? =o=o=o

Coey: i know what you mean, Heskey is a great asset when it comes to playmaking but you cant miss chances like that, Heskey cant do anything when the balls at his feet, as much as we all diss him every english person alive wanted him to prive us all wrong by sinking in a goal, put he didnt, not once but twice.

I thin Capello is right to keep Defoe as a super sub but why not try Carlton Cole in the first half. The only reason i can think of is that Capello wants to play 2 completely different halves of football, but we just watched a match were someone who can finish would have gotten us 2 goals.

The_Rake

Smash Lord
Keeping on topic finally...

Trio, because theres no willz and calzum i can and shall gibe yourself, calzorz and kmac a lift to bolton and back (Y) it's the least i can do afterall seen as you are housing on the friday night.
Gona be good practice though, me and kmac against the best 2 after all lol

COEY

Smash Lord
i've talked about heskey more with joe lol wanted to keep it off the boards, we agreed that heskey is a good strong solid player who is able to wear down and tire a defense and his size can force mistakes, then with that done capello is free to bring on a sub like defoe whos energy and pace is much more useful against a weary defense and means that we get the goals we want then. we dont need to score every chance to win convincingly i think if anything thats what england proved tonight. we've never been the side with the most grace or style or finese. we play good, solid, by the book football, focusing on wearing down the opposition by means of tiring and agrivation.

incase anyone cared..

Anaky

Smash Champion
NNID
AnakyUK
Loool the match was too funny, yeah Joe Croatia were terrible, should have been like 8-1 in the end lol if Hesky didnt keep missing all his shots, were automatically through now right? With 2 games in hand, i still dont think England played to there full potential tbh, but if England keep on form were heading for a good result. Ohh and who played in the startin lineup?

Edit: Nvm i get it on BBC

Willz

Smash Master
NNID
WillzUK
Keeping on topic finally...

Trio, because theres no willz and calzum i can and shall gibe yourself, calzorz and kmac a lift to bolton and back (Y) it's the least i can do afterall seen as you are housing on the friday night.
Gona be good practice though, me and kmac against the best 2 after all lol
Who said I'm not coming? I still might be it's all down to my parents. =/

J03

Smash Master
Willz: perhaps tell your parents way in advance, that way you can get a conditional response, 'you can go if you do this...' swat i used to do back in the day. Also by knowing in advance they are more likely to say yes, mainly to do with our painfully slow acceptance/denial drives rofl.

On top of that if gives you time to reassure them that youll be safe with trustworthy friends, it also gives them time to contact these friends or these friends parents haha. I imagine being a parent is mega stressful so taking the time to reassure them would be mega awesome for them.

PS. not being patronising, just trying to help

K.Mac

Smash Lord
looking forward to this, and on that note who can bring setups and for what game. brawl? melee? a wii with copies of both???? please let me know i currently have one setup of melee and 5 tv's. please let me know if you can help matters.
I'm happy to bring along my Wii / Brawl, like I said. I have character texture hacks though, so some people might end up all "WTF I CAN'T PLAY THAT AIN'T MY CHARACTER WTF" and stuff.

@ Rake / Willz - find out whether you're going man lol. I'm going to panic if I think we're going to get a lift and it turns out we have to bus it. :[ also if Rake is going to give us a lift there and back, I only need to buy myself a ticket from here to Sheffield and not to Bolton... which will save me some money. :/

:\

And the last time I played you online Rake, I ***** you. lol. c-c-c-combo! TWICE lol. that replay makes me laugh.

EDIT RITE THAR

I'll be on MSN / Brawl in about two hours, Rake. ;)

K.Mac

Smash Lord
I'm not sure if I have the IC texture hacks. I can only recall installing ones for Yoshi, MK, Falco, Fox and a few others.

I can always take them off if they're going to be a hassle, otherwise people will have to deal with them. I have the infinite replay thing so >_> it will be useful.

Anaky

Smash Champion
NNID
AnakyUK
Character Textures shouldnt put any1 off lol, just certain stage textures, and definaty no Music johns.

Charlie G

Smash Journeyman
I'm not sure if I have the IC texture hacks. I can only recall installing ones for Yoshi, MK, Falco, Fox and a few others.

I can always take them off if they're going to be a hassle, otherwise people will have to deal with them. I have the infinite replay thing so >_> it will be useful.
as long as you have this

I will be very, very happy

K.Mac

Smash Lord
Hm.

I'm fairly sure that me and Calzorz can be 95% confirmed about comint to this; we're all supposed to be meeting up at trio's place on Friday to come over early on Saturday.

:]

Top Bottom