• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Oak's Laboratory - The Mechanics and Advanced Techniques of Pokémon Trainer

Fearmy

Smash Ace
Oh shush, it's very useful.

You might however want to mention that Hydroplanning really only works with Tap Jump on.

If tap jump is off you can still do it, but you have to smash ^A+Y (on a GC controller)
alright, i'll do that

Fearmy

Smash Ace
so whats the big update?
well it's Squirtle: Jab Locking, Grab Boosting, Reverse Grab Boosting, True Pivot, Pivot Grab, SHAD, Speed Hugging, Speed Recovering, Meteor Cancelling, Combat Walk
Ivysaur: Crawl Dashing, Jump Cancelling, Grab Boosting, True Pivot, Fox Trotting, SHAD, Meteor Cancelling, Sliding Sheild Grab, Tether Save
Charizard: Grab Boosting, Fox Trotting, True Pivot, Pivot Grab, SHAD, Turn around B, Speed Hugging, Speed Recovering, Meteor Cancelling, Sliding Sheild Grab

Tenki

Smash Hero
Check out Crawl Dashing with Squirtle. It's in tactical discussion under the title of Wavedash (vid!) or something like that.

PS:
Pivot, not piviot.

Charizard92

Smash Champion
Any Simple techniques that you know of to learn, because I'm not sure I'm doing them right. All I do with Squirtle is jump around and try not to stand still and always attack. All I do with Ivysaur is unleash bullet seed and smash them up. Charizard, I either Fair, rock smash, or flamethrower my opponent, and knock them off the edge and keep them off.

Rauzaruke

Smash Apprentice
I didn't see it listed as a tech under Zard so I would like to add something.

Smash-Boosting the instant you tilt the control stick to dash is really useful with the Zard. It pushes him about as far as the range of the front and down tilt's hitbox. Since Wing attack lasts for a while and is extremely fast, it catches people off guard in the air. Hitting enemies on the ground is a more risky but it works. I'm sure you guys have already figured this out as common knowledge, but I can't stress how useful it has been for me.

Fearmy

Smash Ace
Check out Crawl Dashing with Squirtle. It's in tactical discussion under the title of Wavedash (vid!) or something like that.

PS:
Pivot, not piviot.

heh sorry, typing a lot didn't see my mistakes, thanks for pointing that out

Fearmy

Smash Ace
Any Simple techniques that you know of to learn, because I'm not sure I'm doing them right. All I do with Squirtle is jump around and try not to stand still and always attack. All I do with Ivysaur is unleash bullet seed and smash them up. Charizard, I either Fair, rock smash, or flamethrower my opponent, and knock them off the edge and keep them off.
for squirtle: i can't give much advice since squirtle is my worst, but U-tilt is pretty much the thing that i am lacking, wheneveri get it in, i get combo like mad with u-air

Ivysaur: Grab game is actually very helpful, D-throw then UP B, Sheild Bullet seed, and Razor leaf game are really helpful.

Charizard: Bair,Nair, and Fair are actually very helpful for gimping, fly is a surprise killing move, and that's all i got

Edit: SOrry for DP :ohwell:

I'll update the guide when i get more AT. Just at the moment, keep having suggestions rolling in

Fearmy

Smash Ace
Okay submit videos to this, i'm going to update this when i get videos, i'll try to find them too

Rauzaruke

Smash Apprentice
Videos of techs and moves in action? Or just demonstration videos? I can do demonstrations but in action moves may be a bit hard, since I'm not the best PT on the block. XD

Fearmy

Smash Ace
Videos of techs and moves in action? Or just demonstration videos? I can do demonstrations but in action moves may be a bit hard, since I'm not the best PT on the block. XD
you can just make demonstration videos

Superhacker75mil

Smash Apprentice
This should definitely get stickied. This is way more helpful than the overly wordy topic I made, since this gives PT players tricks beyond their established moveset to help them overcome all those high tier characters out there.

I'm really grateful for all these techs to be one place...here's to me (and all Pokémon Trainers) implementing them successfully into my game.

Fearmy

Smash Ace
well i wanted to say, you can stop making topics of so and so AT crap like i just saw....

Superhacker75mil

Smash Apprentice
Yes, sticky for the useful AT's topic. Also, is there any way to get the mods to unsticky the two more useless topics here? Or do we have to request the TC's to delete them personally?

Fearmy

Smash Ace
Lol for calling them useless, well i guess they are now that brawl is here, i'm sure you have to ask the mods to do that for you

Fearmy

Smash Ace
after looking at Ivysaur's and Charizard's AT list, they really don't have their own AT, they all are able to be done by every character (well the majority of them)

Yomi-no-Kuni

Smash Lord
very usefull list, even if those arent all character specific lists, but nowadays, there are so many semi-usefull ATs, that its annoying to have to look for the ones that can help you with your character...

thanks

and sticky dis **** mods :D

Top Bottom