• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official 2012 Florida Power Ranking Thread! (Powered By Bath Salts)

Status
Not open for further replies.

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
Guys complaining about sloppy 400s?
They have an exit valve from their mouths, guys.
It's called a throat.

What is this thread turning into...

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
****ING WHOBO

Also, it's nice to seem some actually healthy discussion going on in this thread for once.

Quite proud of everyone. Thank you Mink.

Giving the gift that keeps on giving, bj's that is.

DFEAR

Smash Hero
i name searched. ktar6 was fun. loved mopping the floor with dat ganon's hair then ****ing sending him flying to the ****ing heavens.

my priorities are moving to orlando in december for an actual salary job, moving in with my friend jesus/jonny. transfering to ucf to finalize my bachelor and finish my masters there.

i got back into yugioh cuz i still see that the scene is big as **** and that **** is so free if you have a job lol. its ****ing WAYYYY bigger than the fgc anyday friggin 3 tournies a week with 40 minimum participants with not only cash but box payouts, **** is so fire. not to mention a casual day you see randomly 20 different people there doin their own thing and they'll host mini tournies or w.e. luis/jesus/i were invited to a shonen jump tourney back in like 08' we declined that **** SOOO FAST cuz we were ****ing in 10th grade no jobs no car so y'know cant do much. then our main store closed down and we aint never heard of coolstuffinc/glenn's/tates/realgooddeal before until NOW so we got into yugioh faster than dyck in a possy.

ill play smash but casually, when im near alcohol, one hand with a shot, the other not on a controller

Master Raven

Smash Master
ok guys we got a new pr i collaberated with flatsoda on this

1. flatsoda
EDIT: 1.5. player-3
2. me
3. lad
4. seibrik

**** everyone else

Queen B. Kyon

Smash Master
I don't know what took you guys so long to play yugioh. Yeah having money makes things easy but even then a smarter player should always win..... Unless your playing dragons. Which is like auto pilot.

:phone:

VSC.D-Torr

Smash Hero
I will never understand why Smash community continues to go with Round Robin pools rather than Double Elimination pools. Not a knock against Smash, knocking the community for that matter.

B_AWAL

Smash Master
It kinda gives everyone a better chance...

you have so many different MUs and you would rather have the best make it out.

:sonic:

Master Raven

Smash Master
tbh i'm with dtorr in regards to the community. there are some cool people yeah but i think there are a lot of stupid dumb****s who have no business having a keyboard

Two-Ell

Smash Master
Beacause smash is somewhat of a poverty game. While Smash events have a decent attendance compared to other poverty games, they(read potfillers) demand more for their dollar. This is something that's also been in place for a long time, so it's become a traditional practice.

Not saying this is how I feel btw; I've experienced both systems. This is just my observation.

:rosalina:

:phone:

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
round robin makes it impossible for larger events to happen, due to how long they take.

theres no way a 1500 man brawl event could happen in a weekend with round robin, or even get to top 8 in one day, like EVO. Sure its more games but you should get the additonal games with casuals

but oh well, its not changing anytime soon

B_AWAL

Smash Master
Can someone please post the thread 4 FL ppl traveling to WHOBO 2gether? I'm trying to ride with you guys and I cant find the thread

VSC.D-Torr

Smash Hero
It kinda gives everyone a better chance...

you have so many different MUs and you would rather have the best make it out.

It also dispels the need to play your best throughout the tourney which in turn makes play not as good as it can be throughout the tourney. Also, using Double Elimination would completely remove the sabotaging in pools that can happen in Round Robin. I'm all about giving people chances but people have to want to get better at some point on not rely on chance to get them through.

btw, I'm not knocking on the idea. I just don't like OS that much :cool:
LOL

Dtorr, when's the last time you had something optimistic to say :c
I'm saying Double Elimination pools is better than Round Robin pools and the Smash community should change. What's pessimistic about wanting the game to be played with better competitive play since there's little room for error and people will have to play there best?

I'm beginning to think you're picking my posts out and just saying that I spew out negativity instead of looking at what I'm really trying to say. I may say it in a blunt way but at least I'm being real. If being real is wrong then I don't wanna be right.

tbh i'm with dtorr in regards to the community. there are some cool people yeah but i think there are a lot of stupid dumb****s who have no business having a keyboard
The thing is while I do agree, my comment about the Pools system had nothing to do with that issue. I was just saying that Double Elim is better than Round Robin for pools.

round robin makes it impossible for larger events to happen, due to how long they take.

theres no way a 1500 man brawl event could happen in a weekend with round robin, or even get to top 8 in one day, like EVO. Sure its more games but you should get the additonal games with casuals

but oh well, its not changing anytime soon
That's unfortunate.

yeah for larger scale events round robin is not a good idea, but people are stuck in their ways I guess.

:rosalina:
Sad but true.

I mean if we have a MAJOR brawl event then we can have Pool tourneys

You can't be serious?

If the PR should continue i think mk should be unbanned the same amount of tournaments he is banned
I think MK should just be unbanned period.

Yes, because our top players are known for playing casuals with randoms.
This is a shame.

http://www.twitch.tv/gamedragonx

Watch ME (HRNUT) Destroy these scrubs :D
Watching Curleh Mustache instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom