• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official BBR Recommended Rule List 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Due to the large stage list, do we get more than one ban now?

and to what Jack said, omg so do I, PTAD has like 7 songs on it @_@

ksizl4life

Smash Hero
dis *** is sad rainbow and rc is still legal but happy distant planet is allowed.

what the ****

can you just add spear pillar to the list? seriously. as a counterpick though.

ADHD

Smash Hero
we need 7 stage bans to make this a legit stagelist imo
Sorry, I tried--no one helped. If the majority of TO's take this list to heart, then this game will literally degenerate to desperate tactics and luck to win. We've lost our competitive name entirely.

Jack Kieser

Smash Champion
To all of those complaining about a diverse stage list with hazards that you actually have to learn and skillfully interact with, I have one thing to say...

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
I think if the "Counterpick" section was labeled "Counterpick/Banned" it would make it more clear that the TOs are in full control over what stages they deem legal or ban worthy. But that's just me ;)

MetalMusicMan

Sleepwalk our lives away.
Metaknight hes nadoen in yo window upthrowin your people up tryna **** em so you better hide your kids hide your wife.
You don't have to confess, we lookin' for you. We gon' find you, we gon' find you. So you can run an' tell that, run an' tell that, homeboy. Hoooommmeeebooooyyyy.

I think if the "Counterpick" section was labeled "Counterpick/Banned" it would make it more clear that the TOs are in full control over what stages they deem legal or ban worthy. But that's just me ;)
Possibly so. People will complain no matter what though, sadly :\

I just don't understand why no one understands the part about this list being a guideline and not an end-all be-all rule set. None of them ever were, they've always been suggested/recommended, not mandatory...

Jack Kieser

Smash Champion
Commander Shepard has had enough of your disingenuous assertions, Teh Future.

...True story.

EDIT @ shadow1pj: Yeah, I haven't mained Link since Melee, unfortunately. He was bad in Melee, but the additional nerfing he got in Brawl was just too much for my fragile heart to handle. I still love his character, though. Also, I should mention I'm moving to Seattle in... about a month? September, definitely. But, I'm not going to be IN Dallas again until Aug. 27. Good riddance, too; I hate that city. :p

GeorgeTHPS

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GeorgeThePlushie
3DS FC
1676-3689-8314
I was just talking to Reflex this weekend about stages that are generally banned when they shouldn't be, specifically PTAD. A lot of you are freaking out over nothing.

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
dis *** is sad rainbow and rc is still legal but happy distant planet is allowed.

what the ****

can you just add spear pillar to the list? seriously. as a counterpick though.
olimar can just sit on the cliff camping the whole time lol
What. The. ****.
This gives Olimar one stage he's extremely good on, and of course that makes me happy. MK has two stages he's extremely good on - both RC and Brinstar. You can ban Distant Planet, but you can't ban two stages at the same time, and I only dislike them when they're both available due to the fact that you're going to end up on one of them. The same cannot be said for Distant Planet.

But personal preferences aside, there isn't a good enough reason to justify banning RC or Brinstar due to Metaknight, or Distant Planet due to Olimar. I was just saying what I like and don't like; EVERYONE has stages they like and don't like so don't get all butthurt taking this as an argument that the stagelist should reflect my likes and dislikes.

/conversation

culexus・wau

Purchased premium only to change name ><
Liking the neutrals.

a little uncertain on the CPs but thats mostly on LM and GGs.

I have a feeling my region is going to ignore these CPs though.

MetalMusicMan

Sleepwalk our lives away.
Liking the neutrals.

a little uncertain on the CPs but thats mostly on LM and GGs.

I have a feeling my region is going to ignore these CPs though.
Right. Any region and/or TO has the right/ability to modify these rules as they see fit, as they always have.

People generally much prefer to flame, troll, and freak out, though. lmfao

Life

Smash Hero
The whole stagelist is a conspiracy to overpower MK until he gets voted ban!....

....kidding. Or am I? <_< >_> <_> *flees*

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
I await the vote distribution for Luigi's Mansion, Distant Planet, and Green Greens.

While I enjoy their official inclusion as counterpicks, I can't help but think it reveals some severe disconnect the BBR is having with them not being Counter/Banned. The fact the Ook vs MikeHAZE match was cited was very disconcerning. Not to mention the other two stages have light circling. But again, I await the votes and explanations.

uhmuzing

human-alien-cig
Writing Team
I'm very pleased with the new stagelist; I wouldn't change a thing (except LM perhaps). Good job, BBR.

Sage JoWii

Smash Champion
NNID
G0J0J0
So, with this new stagelist out before a new tierlist (which is scheduled for sometime in September right?), are they going to consider how our mains handle the additional CPs and general stagelist as a factor?

Just curious.

hotgarbage

Smash Lord
Another positive affirmation here. The ruleset in general is fantastic, looks like everything was thoroughly covered. Stage list is great, in particular the first three stages being SV, BF, and YI made me grin. The only thing that gave me the slightest pause was MK's EDC being banned (I began to question this after reading some of Crow's posts) but eh, that doesn't bother me too much.

nice work

Teh Future

Smash Master
Another positive affirmation here. The ruleset in general is fantastic, looks like everything was thoroughly covered. Stage list is great, in particular the first three stages being SV, BF, and YI made me grin. The only thing that gave me the slightest pause was MK's EDC being banned (I began to question this after reading some of Crow's posts) but eh, that doesn't bother me too much.

nice work
notice he even has garbage in his name

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom