• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official BBR Recommended Rule List 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
I lol'd at distant planet. Good luck convincing EC TO's to run that list.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
This list is more ******** then the tier list.

I would like to ask you guys this though. WTF were you thinking when you made this list? Seriously. What?

You guys put back Nofair? Are you out of your minds? Have fun catching Meta or even falco when they get the lead and run. There is nothing any character can do about this. Nothing. You guys work for this community to make things fair and legit. You boys are failing so freaking hard.

Luigi's is back? De que diablo.......

You know what you people just did? You just made meta even more of a beast then he already is. Now there is no way you can make things less stressful. You just gave this *** MORE counterpicks.

Do you not think about the damage that would happen bringing all this back? Did you forget the reasons these stages were done for? Have you forgotten when if comes to money, people will be as gay as hell to get it? This is a crappy, gay game for competition called BRAWL. And In Brawl we have one character that is the answer for everything. And nothing can stop it. And that is Meta Knight.

Also, more gay tactics in this game are back. Maybe worst than ever now. This Game for competition has officially become BS. Straight up BS. This is a Game where everyone HAS to pick meta knight. Cause of you don't you are gonna get screwed worst than before. W/e lil chance you had to win is done.

Metagames for characters are done. They won't advance. cause meta will just **** it all up now. or people will be busy funny to meta knight. This came fun (w/e it had that is) is freaking done. More people gonna quit this garbage and go right back to melee. In melee you don't go through so much BS like this game. This **** is insane.

I would also like to give props to meta players that posted in this and felt the same way. not bias about your character and know the deal. You have my respect when when using him.

I swear, this freaking community is one big *** joke. I have no words for you guys. I seriously don't. I'm just gonna get this out the way now. GG guys. GG. Meta is gonna be all over the place now.TYop 8 will be stacked with meta know. Lost gonna main him or just quit this trash *** game for comp. And guess who made it trash? You people with these ******** rulesets. 2 years with this, a room filled with the superiors of the brawl community, the secret society, and this is what you come up with? Pathetic!

...........unless you are doing this to have meta destroy and have a legit reason to bann him. Is that it? Please tell me that is what you guys are up too. It has to be it. No one can be this insane. Yes, it must be it. Oh BBR. You guys got me good. Oh man. That was good one.

NNID
Budget_Player
[*]Battlefield
[*]Yoshi's Island
[*]Smashville
NO FD IN THE TOP 3 MOST FAIR STAGES? Finally, someone gets some ****ing sense. The fact that it's in the top 7 is disappointing though.

[*]Delfino Plaza
[*]Halberd
Delfino above Frigate? Seems questionable (Frigate is a much worse counterpick stage for most chars), but w/e

[*]Luigi's Mansion
[*]Distant Planet
Really? Now these ones I'm really not sure about. T-Block, is that second post a WIP? Because these would be appreciated...

[*]Pokémon Stadium 2
[*]Port Town Aero Dive
[*]Jungle Japes
[*]Green Greens
[*]Norfair
...as would these, because a lot of dumb ****ers just don't get why these are legal. I forsee EC just ignoring the BBR, the conservative idiots.

[*]Yoshi's Island (Melee)
[*]Onett
..and these ones. Why is the former not a straight-out counterpick, and the latter not cp/banned? It has **** going for it.

The BBR now recommends that the game's verdict should always be honored; a victory screen should decide the winner. Any Sudden Death (excluding time-outs) should be treated as a tie; which are resolved with a 1 stock, 3 minute, same characters, same stage rematch.
This is a really good rule. Thank you.

[*]The BBR is opposed to the institution of a Ledge Grab Limit of any number (for any character) for use in determining the winner of a match by time out.
Wait, no MK LGL? :confused: I was under the impression that it was, well... necessary.

PLEASE tell me this is a WIP. I would really love a write-up on a bunch of stages (as seen above).

Oh, T-block, PLEASE PLEASE add the breakdown for PTAD and Pipes. Pretty please? ^_^
THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS.

This stage list...is a joke.

lmfao at Port Town. "We in the backroom feel as if it is completely fair to have a stage that kills you at 50% legal."
You know, FD killed me at 0 the other day. Trufax. I was simply in the wrong place at the wrong time in the wrong condition, and BOOM! Two seconds later I was flying through the blastzone! It was awful! And all because I was ******** enough to miss the ledge with my upB (I was using falco) and end up under that lip! ZOMG BAN FD! 50%? Man, that ain't NOTHING.

Tl;dr learn the ****ing stage and stop ****ing moaning, E****s.

Im surprised since BBR is letting itself be influenced by the MLG ruleset they didn't also include the necessity to play on laggy HDTVs instead of Standard definition
Other way around. The MLG ruleset was influence by the BBR ruleset. WE DID THIS TO YOU. Also you are stupid.

Starter/Counter
Delfino Plaza: YAY we can start a mk stage
Halberd: YAY we can start on snakes best stage
1. Except you won't be starting there. The same way you won't be starting on a Diddy stage (FD, BF, SV) or a Falco stage (FD, SV, BF), or an ICs stage (do I have to say it?). Well, unless you go with a stupidly restrictive stageset, in which case, yes, you will be going to a falco/diddy stage. But I digress-you won't be going to Delfino. You'll be going to like YI, or LC, or CS, none of which are exactly spectacular for MK (as opposed to a stage which IS spectactular for Falco/Diddy/ICs/etc.).
2. See Delfino argument. Also Lylat > BF > Halberd.

Counterpick
Luigi's Mansion:yay now i can never kill snake or beat olimar or dk or...... anyone
Or you can break the mansion? I kinda want to see the write-up on this one too, TBH, because this is one of the few stages I'm shying away from.

Port Town Aero Dive...........really?
See what I said to doom. If you don't play like an idiot, or get knocked into the cars (AKA play like a complete idiot), you will not get hit by the cars. Pretty simple concept.

Distant Planet: ill just go mk and shark you
I'll just stay away from where I get sharked and projectile camp you. Or, you know, deal with it the same way I do on any other stage he sharks me on.

Jungle Japes: did anyone see the match where san lived till 220 here? ally will have loads of fun as will dehf and m2k
We shall see. If this is the case, then yes, BBR will have to revise their list. But it's going to be really hard to check these things if we don't have top-level players abusing ****. When the videos start storming in of players winning by sharking under DP, or living to 450 on LM despite best attempts to kill them while the mansion is down, or similar, then the BBR will revise the list due to the stages being unfit for competitive play.

But most of what I see here are blind hunches from people who have no idea what they are talking about. Specifically E****s. Yes, we know, Beast Coast is awesome, blah blah blah. Doesn't mean you know stages. You want this **** banned? Go to MLG, find the abusive tactic, and win every game on your counterpick because of it. Simple enough, no?

Sorry, I tried--no one helped. If the majority of TO's take this list to heart, then this game will literally degenerate to desperate tactics and luck to win. We've lost our competitive name entirely.
Have I ever told you how stupid you sound? What here is luck-based to the extent where it makes a big difference? We're not talking about warioware here! What tactics are desperately degenerate that these stages allow? What the HELL are you talking about?

Trent

Smash Champion
The stagelist would be better.

You know.

If :metaknight: didn't have a bajillion great stages.

If only there was a way to fix this problem of trying to add new stages..

Like banning a character or something..

Nope I got nothing.

:metaknight:

Jack Kieser

Smash Champion
Man, so much raging. All you ragers need to learn how bans are SUPPOSED to work, and what "burden of proof" means.

Also, hey BPC? *high-fives*

demonictoonlink

Smash Master
Brawl back room, I can now comfortably say you are a bunch of scrub *******. That is all. Call a mod to infract me now.

Thanks for ruining this game.

The Filth

Smash Lord
This is an utter joke haha.

Good job backroom members! You've once again managed to prove that there ARE undiscovered depths of idiocy that mankind hasn't quite reached yet.

If you want to be taken seriously as a community you need to amend this. People already snicker behind their hand at you as a whole, don't make it worse.

ADHD

Smash Hero
BPC, I'm going to outskill you by grabbing the ledge over and over on Norfair as Metaknight.
****ing idiot.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I live for Dark Peach's over the top rage posts.
I'm so glad I had popcorn in my hand as I clicked on this thread.

Trent

Smash Champion

I would like to ask you guys this though. WTF were you thinking when you made this list? Seriously. What?

You guys put back Nofair? Are you out of your minds? Have fun catching Meta or even falco when they get the lead and run. There is nothing any character can do about this. Nothing. You guys work for this community to make things fair and legit. You boys are failing so freaking hard.

You know what you people just did? You just made meta even more of a beast then he already is. Now there is no way you can make things less stressful. You just gave this *** MORE counterpicks.

Do you not think about the damage that would happen bringing all this back? Did you forget the reasons these stages were done for? Have you forgotten when if comes to money, people will be as gay as hell to get it? This is a crappy, gay game for competition called BRAWL. And In Brawl we have one character that is the answer for everything. And nothing can stop it. And that is Meta Knight.

Also, more gay tactics in this game are back. Maybe worst than ever now. This Game for competition has officially become BS. Straight up BS. This is a Game where everyone HAS to pick meta knight. Cause of you don't you are gonna get screwed worst than before. W/e lil chance you had to win is done.

Metagames for characters are done. They won't advance. cause meta will just **** it all up now. or people will be busy funny to meta knight. This came fun (w/e it had that is) is freaking done. More people gonna quit this garbage and go right back to melee. In melee you don't go through so much BS like this game. This **** is insane.

I would also like to give props to meta players that posted in this and felt the same way. not bias about your character and know the deal. You have my respect when when using him.

I swear, this freaking community is one big *** joke. I have no words for you guys. I seriously don't. I'm just gonna get this out the way now. GG guys. GG. Meta is gonna be all over the place now.TYop 8 will be stacked with meta know. Lost gonna main him or just quit this trash *** game for comp. And guess who made it trash? You people with these ******** rulesets. 2 years with this, a room filled with the superiors of the brawl community, the secret society, and this is what you come up with? Pathetic!

...........unless you are doing this to have meta destroy and have a legit reason to bann him. Is that it? Please tell me that is what you guys are up too. It has to be it. No one can be this insane. Yes, it must be it. Oh BBR. You guys got me good. Oh man. That was good one.
Quoting for great truth.

The real issue here is MK, not the stage list.

NNID
Budget_Player
]This list is more ******** then the tier list.

Really? REALLY? Show vids. Because I'd say that their ability to run away the whole game long is kind of limited by the fact that the stage removes half of itself every minute or so.

...which definitely matters because MK obviously needs more counterpicks than RC and Brinstar to win a normal, best-of-3 set. I personally favor Norfair and PTAD over RC and Brinstar, but that's because I'm flat-out terrible on both-a good MK has NO BETTER COUNTERPICK THAN THOSE TWO STAGES. Ban one, he goes to the other. And he doesn't need a third. So now he has PS2, LM, Norfair, and GG. So what? Are they better than Delfino or Halberd? Norfair is massively overrated for MK. GG... yet to be shown, I guess.

Well, if it shows that this **** is THAT gay, then the list will be revised. Obviously. How stupid is the BBR? Not THAT stupid.

What? Again, this list is not that much of an improvement for MK.

Says you? We'll see. Most likely scenario: everyone ignores the BBR. Shame, really.

Not biased towards the char, but biased towards something else... themselves. They don't want to have to learn a ****ton of new stages. They don't want to figure out how PTAD or Norfair ticks. It's a different kind of bias, but it's bias nonetheless.

Prove it?

Let's get one thing straight here, eh? If a system that is fair is presented, and one character breaks this system, what is the best solution:
1. remove that character from the system
2. create a different, less balanced system so that character doesn't run rampant
3. Make the system have special accommodations for him (i.e. MK can't counterpick, MK can't strike stages, etc.)
What's the best out of those 3? It sure as hell ain't number 2.

ksizl4life

Smash Hero

I think this is the only Dark Pch post I love and agree with

i also lmao'd at

junebug

Smash Journeyman
lolololollololollolollolololololololl

are you serious?

lololololololololololololololololololol

oh wait, you are serious.

*facepalm*

Chuee

Smash Hero
Dark Pch. with that orange text wall.
EDIT: ADHD, victory always was his destiny.

Clai

Smash Lord
Where men are born and champions are raised
The Bowser suicide klaw rule present in the SBR Ruleset 2.0 has been removed.

The BBR now recommends that the game's verdict should always be honored; a victory screen should decide the winner. Any Sudden Death (excluding time-outs) should be treated as a tie; which are resolved with a 1 stock, 3 minute, same characters, same stage rematch.
Wait a minute, WAIT A MINUTE!

Are we saying here that anyone who attempts and succeeds in a suicide move is rewarded by nothing more than a simple one-stock replay? How... how can this be? A lot of these said suicide moves can be easily telegraphed and defeated, anyone who falls for these moves deserves to lose. Otherwise, there's no incentive to even use these moves in the first place. This has to be an oversight. It really has to be.

Let me explain my position on this. You can go "Blah blah no one uses Ganon blah blah Ganon sucks," but that can't be an excuse for you to make this rule change and completely bone him. Now not only do you take away Ganon's reliable method of punishing overaggressive edgeguarders, but if you go by the game's verdict, Ganondorf doesn't even go into Sudden Death against some characters- HE OUTRIGHT LOSES! Considering how much of a high risk move this is (smart players can just edgehog Ganon if he attempts a suicide move and beat him), punishing him for landing this is outright ludicrous.

I cannot allow this. This is unacceptable.

The Filth

Smash Lord
lol, darn straight. We're on page 7 already and still, no one has learned to READ THE NOTES. It's so hilarious and sad at the same time.
It might be a suggestion, but its the WRONG suggestion.

But of course, internet arguments are silly. I'll leave you to getting laughed at by the people who have a clue in peace then <3

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
lol, darn straight. We're on page 7 already and still, no one has learned to READ THE NOTES. It's so hilarious and sad at the same time.
Exactly.

Also, since posters who are whining about the list will miss it several times in this post, and in the quoted post, and in the initial topic post:

READ THE NOTES!
READ THE NOTES!
FOR THE LOVE OF YOUR GOD, READ THE NOTES!

lol, That's funny, considering I just made some popcorn. Would you like some butter, Espy?
I'd love some.

=====

Sad part is, many people STILL won't READ THE NOTES.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
If the majority of TO's take this list to heart, then this game will literally degenerate to desperate tactics and luck to win. We've lost our competitive name entirely.
Brawl back room, I can now comfortably say you are a bunch of scrub *******. That is all. Call a mod to infract me now.

Thanks for ruining this game.
This game is over..

pretty much sums up my thoughts nicely.

KageMurphy

Smash Master
Lol, no TO with any common sense will follow this trash, what were you thinking?

Budget Player Cadet, take the BBR nuts out ya mouth LOL

GeorgeTHPS

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GeorgeThePlushie
3DS FC
1676-3689-8314
Problems with the list? Don't run it at your tournaments. It's that simple.

Ramzeh

Smash Ace
You guys must have been seriously trippin' when you made this ****.... christ.

Also,

- Whenever time permits, pool play should precede double elimination bracket play. Pool results can eliminate players as necessary and should be used to seed the bracket. Also, the semi-final and championship sets should be in at least best of 5 format.

- All sets with the exception of winner's finals, loser's finals, and the championship are best of 3 matches (best of 5 and above should be played out for any "finals" matches)
well

huh

so are semis Bo5 or Bo3?

lul

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom