• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official BBR Tier List v5

Status
Not open for further replies.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
There was a point in time where my region was--

Pokémon Trainer, Falco, Luigi, King Dedede, and Diddy Kong.

Now, it's--

My Pokémon Trainer, Meta Knight, Meta Knight, Ice Climbers, and Meta Knight. :(

I'm gonna have to make the jump back to Wario. No way around it.
Lol Lounis and Calvin both main MK now?

You gotta switch characters man. :[

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
@Ripple: That sucks :/

There are a lot of guys that live near me that im trying to bring into the scene.

4 or so months ago, my cities rep was

:yoshi2: Z'zgashi

Right now, in my city alone there's:

:yoshi2: Z'zgashi
:rob: Ronoc
:pikachu2: Xavi
:luigi2: Rabbi Panda
:gw: TWD
:luigi2: Skarmflames
:samus2: 777Shock777
:peach: THEKAT

Too bad they aren't great yet and get buttraped by me, NOOBS UNITE!!

Xebenkeck

Smash Lord
Sask's seen south of Saskatoon- which has like 6 ppl anyways and is 3 hour drive for me, the next best place is Calgary which is a 9 hour drive away.

:ness2: me

I feel your pain ripple

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
Let me see if I can remember Austin's scene...

Me :yoshi2:
Zigsta :bowser2:/:wario:/:lucario:
Joel :gw:
Clover :olimar:
Mike1 :marth:
Mike2 :snake:
Mike3 :marth:
Bored :ike:
rel12 :yoshi2:
Sam :rob:
Shiken :dedede:
Gova :kirby2:
MC Clusky :luigi2:
Charles :metaknight:/:mario2:

I believe that's everybody.

:069:

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
lol, Austin has a GW named Joel! X's brother is named Joel and mains GW! :laugh:

His gamertag is KANG!

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
this is the Illinois scene that is south of chicago. I kid you not when I say this is the entire state's scene other than chicago

Ripple :dk2:
Move north and come to Loli/anime land.

Looking at the Illinios thread it looks like almost everyone except for Arty, Sago, and Kain are loli lovers.

T0MMY

Smash Master
ROB- this is sure as hell one hard character rank on the tier list. as far as character traits go ROB is an amazing character. the majority of his MUs rock either his advantage or even. however he is also beaten quite hard by a few characters and unfortunately MK is one of them.
R.O.B. has plenty of difficult matchups, and most of those are the high-tier characters. A lot of lower-tiered characters give R.O.B. a difficult matchup (Link, Lucas, Ike, to name a few). The problem is the lack of players of lower-tiered characters so the meta game doesn't really progress and there's only a conclusion of "Well, it's a low-tier, so R.O.B. probably has a 60:40 advantage" that never changes.
Even still, the difficulties of the higher tiered matchups can (for the most part) be overcome, but it takes the R.O.B. players as a whole to get better at it and find out their strengths in this matchup. And since I post primarily on AiB and (for no good reason) many SWF users have an aversion to going to AiB they miss out on the majority of the meta game I am developing, so the character as a whole suffers (Mr. Eric has been kind enough to transcribe some of my postings over to SWF here and there).
I don't believe R.O.B. is "beaten quite hard" by Meta Knight. In the past the majority of R.O.B. players complained the most about this MU; sneakytako was actually pro-ban. When I was in Columbus I made my arguments why I am (strongly) anti-ban, but his argument mainly revolved around the problem that MK was an absolute win against R.O.B. and held the belief the only way he could win was to get the character band. A few months later he posted saying he watched my videos and found that the matchup was not that bad.
This may sound shocking, but I have proclaimed R.O.B. to have an advantage on Meta Knight -- with stipulations. The stipulations being that the CURRENT (overall) meta game would show undeniable proof that Meta Knight is a hard counter to R.O.B. (this is because the majority of the R.O.B. players do not know how to take advantage of every situation). The other stipulation is that the R.O.B. player must play at a level of play far beyond what the MK player has to play at -- this simply means that the MK player can simply spam the B-button and C-stick down and have a decent chance at winning with little effort, whereas the R.O.B. player has to play a near-perfect game in order to capitalize on the advantages.

This is why you see me with a 1st place win in my regional (PNW) having to play vs Jem, Nerd, Eggz, et al (Meta Knights), whereas when Bees wins a CO tourney, someone posts saying he just happened to miss out on facing every Meta Knight as those players will win against him due to character matchup.
Because I focused on that matchup I changed the potential loss into a potential victory.

in the tournament scene ROB has always done rather well in all categories. however since the majority of ROB users aren't actually winning most tournaments let alone in the pro bracket...
I've won PNW regionals since '08. I'm consistently in top 4 at tournaments... and in nationals/large regionals I'm usually 1st seed when I get into the pro bracket. I just don't post my data on SWF, and I really don't accept results on AiB because things like bonus events (eg low tiers) and other games (SSF4/Mariokart/etc) affect score display.
But just let it be known I've always been the highest placing R.O.B. in nationals, yet most results for R.O.B. disregard my records (they're largely east coast based).
Although I think it largely doesn't matter simply because I alone do not represent the CURRENT R.O.B. meta game, but the players as a whole. So it's fine. But just wanted to post some info there because you really won't be finding it anywhere else.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Due to my previous ban on mk and my current mk restricting rules. Tx Doesn't have many of them.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
I like how I started this trend of 'who does your region play?'

I also noticed, that with a few exceptions, the lower level regions tend to have a lot of diversity, while the better regions tend to lean more towards mk along with the other top tiers.

Theres exceptions like md va, even thothey lost to PA and a lot of them (pa) main or second mk

and texas, which xyro just explained that. but overall, thats what im seeing, the real heavy hitter regions, Tri-state (nj especially), socal, have already started dropping a lot of the characters in favor of mk, while the regions that are close but slightly behind, are more diverse.

another observation, about texas.
zigsta plays bowser,
gets ***** by polt,
picks up lucario to counter yoshi.

Espy plays sonic
gets ***** by trela
picks up wolf to counter lucario.

Thats a fun flowing metagame because you get people that are bouncing all over the tier list finding characters to help them beat other characters, which leads to interesting and unique matchups.

none of the would have happened if everyone jst picked up mk for bad matchups, which is the reason most of these really good regions are so mk centric.

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922

Fixed for justice.
Same thing. I like how none of his characters except for Lucario beat Yoshi, though. Bowser, PT (he uses him very rarely nowadays), Wario... I hard countered Zigsta. :awesome:

...Until he started playing Lucario. :scared:

EDIT: To add to that, KID, I'm thinking of picking up King Dedede for Lucario.

Die !

Smash Cadet
Really I hate to bring up the baning of MK But
Hes Becoming Over Centralized, theres simply MKs everywhere ethier 2nd or mained and slowly everyone is shifting to MK

I Think its time he got trashed

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
^^^This. This game is becoming less a game of Nintendo characters fighting, to who can mash B and down c with MK the fastest.

And these kind of mindsets only make it worse:

none of the would have happened if everyone jst picked up mk for bad matchups, which is the reason most of these really good regions are so mk centric.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
If more Marths show up because MK is banned then I want to see more Dededes show up to put Marth in his place, then I want to see Pikachus, Olimars, and Ice Climbers show up in response to the DDD surge, than I want to see Luigis, Peachs, and Yoshis show in response, then the Wolfs, etc. etc. etc.

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
Yoshi slightly loses to Pikachu, goes even with Olimar, and has a slight advantage over the Ice Climbers.

Tesh

Smash Hero
If metaknight gets banned, I want Diddy Kong banned too. His hardest and only even matchup is himself.

Die !

Smash Cadet
Ban Ganondorf, he has infinites with items on

Who else can we talk about.... hmmm, Ike? kgo
How about no ?
We really should bring this up to the BBR and what not

Its Becoming a problem, nearly everyone and there mothers has a Pocket MetaKnight
And Im starting to see people just maining him instead of 2nding him since they switch to him often

When a Char. is becoming this over centralized i think a ban is needed to be place

Die !

Smash Cadet
They won't ban him.

I'm quite sure if people bring it up it'll eventrully happen, i mean look at statistics, Metaknights everywhere and at locations where Higher Level Brawl is being Played nearly over 3/4s of people have pocket MK or already maining him

inb4lock/infraction

I think it was clear that the many times this has been brought up, has left a bad taste in the SWF Staff's mouths.

I could care less about what taste is left in there mouths
It's a matter that should be brought up.

The game is simply Better without MK then it is With Him

And the fact that Metaknight is being Over-Centralized is a problem

D

Deleted member

Threads discussing a ban aren't allowed, so it's only natural for this to be brought up in other threads.

SWF acts like it's saying Voldemort. SHHHHHHHHH!!!!! It's "You-Know-Who!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom