• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official BBR Tier List v5

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShadowLink84

Smash Hero
do you ever think about the japanese and what they do when they see our tierlist?

'How coodu sonikku be so hai? He so terribuu'

'We were lighto, faukusu ees pro!'
You're so extremely moronic right now I can't at all find you funny. --;

Moving on, I do think that Japan may have Zelda u there de to the Shelda deal.

I am rather disappointed at Sonic being so low.

Steam

Smash Hero
You're so extremely moronic right now I can't at all find you funny. --;

Moving on, I do think that Japan may have Zelda u there de to the Shelda deal.

I am rather disappointed at Sonic being so low.
but there isn't another zelda. and zelda is above sheik...

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
I am the best Zelda in Japan.

I dins fire and upsmash and doesn't afraid of anything.

Mr.-0

Smash Ace
:D anyone here an anti-MK pro-banning him person? Send me a PM if so. Or, just post it here. Preferablly the first one. I'm not sure if this is spam or not, since MK ban discussions don't really have a place, and this is a tier list discussion, so...

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
I think we should contemplate how on earth Zelda is above pikachu on the japanese tier list.
Are you really, really sure we're looking at the same one?

iirc it was Zeik/Shelda/whatever you wanted to call the duo there.
:sheilda:

edit: wooooooooooooow he's right:
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=287307&highlight=Japanese+tier+list

Zelda too goodz lol

I call major fanservice shenanigans or a mistranslation. I bet in Japan, Zelda's knockers are twice as big and has a low cut chest line, which accounts for the distraction factor.

Jigster

Smash Rookie
it saddens me that jiggly is located in such a lower place ,it can be a very good character , people are just lazy to learn to use it xD it's the best aerial character ,in my opinion ,so yeah , it should be in a higer place , maybe not middle tier ,but a 25th-20 is what it really deserves , it's way of fighting is different to all the characters ...maybe that's why people believe it is weak :c , melee was way better D|

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
it saddens me that jiggly is located in such a lower place ,it can be a very good character , people are just lazy to learn to use it xD it's the best aerial character ,in my opinion ,so yeah , it should be in a higer place , maybe not middle tier ,but a 25th-20 is what it really deserves , it's way of fighting is different to all the characters ...maybe that's why people believe it is weak :c , melee was way better D|
:metaknight:

Also, that was quite possibly the longest run-on sentence ever.

Jigster

Smash Rookie
lol ,well that's correct ,metaknight is better but hey , jigglypuff is way faster in air ,sure,it does not have many combos , no projectiles, dies when it's shield breaks, but it has rollout which can knock you out at around 60% , as well as rest (way better in meele ._.why did nintendo ruin it?) meta knight ,yea sorry i messed up,it is better ,but only because people play it because it looks "cool" which jigglypuff obviously does not , saddly people go by the rule "cool characters are the best" if it had more players ,maybe it'd be in a better place ,well i guess i just have to get along with the tier list.. now this is long XDDD

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
lol ,well that's correct ,metaknight is better but hey , jigglypuff is way faster in air ,sure,it does not have many combos , no projectiles, dies when it's shield breaks, but it has rollout which can knock you out at around 60% , as well as rest (way better in meele ._.why did nintendo ruin it?) meta knight ,yea sorry i messed up,it is better ,but only because people play it because it looks "cool" which jigglypuff obviously does not , saddly people go by the rule "cool characters are the best" if it had more players ,maybe it'd be in a better place ,well i guess i just have to get along with the tier list.. now this is long XDDD
No, Jigglypuff is just terrible. She has little to no approach options and her kill moves can be seen a mile away. She's also the lightest character in the game, which makes her suck even more. She dies from Snake Utilt like at 90 with good Di...

Your grammar/spelling/English vocabulary needs some work @__@...

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
Rest and Rollout are both terrible moves that should never hit people.

You're right in saying that she's underrepresented, but that's because she's recognized as a terrible character. Also, putting her at 20th would place her at C tier; I'd honestly be surprised if she moves up even one spot (in my opinion, she should only be above Ganondorf).

:069:

Jigster

Smash Rookie
uh about the english thing , yeah , sorry english is not my main language ,so i fail at it.
You might be right though , most people dislike jigglypuff , nintendo just made it sort of unfair ,in fact yes , she is the lightest character , and you're right about the attacks-shrug- i guess i'm sort of stupid :c
But you cannot deny that what i said about the cool characters thing is true ; 3; ,'sides , tiers sort of ruin the game for some people , like me.
They just go like "haha the character i use is way better than your's look at the tiers" anyways , sorry about my ranting i have to get along with the fact , jigglypuff sucks for most people.

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
Well, people shouldn't be making fun of your character choice. That's just being rude. The tier list is simply that: a list. It doesn't matter who you play as.

Jigster

Smash Rookie
Well, people shouldn't be making fun of your character choice. That's just being rude. The tier list is simply that: a list. It doesn't matter who you play as.

i completely agree with you , finally someone understands! -hug- most people are rude with me for choosing jiggly :c but hey , i do believe that in some cases lower tiers can own higer tiers ;3

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
Well, considering that I'm a Yoshi main (well, he doesn't belong in low-tier, but that's besides the point) I do agree to that.

Orion*

Smash Researcher
A island isn't an island if it's big. That's called a continent.
So no, we're not all on islands.
splitting hairs
Rest and Rollout are both terrible moves that should never hit people.

You're right in saying that she's underrepresented, but that's because she's recognized as a terrible character. Also, putting her at 20th would place her at C tier; I'd honestly be surprised if she moves up even one spot (in my opinion, she should only be above Ganondorf).

rest isnt bad lol
well, he doesn't belong in low-tier

FML

Yikarur

Smash Master
wouldn't mean Yoshi doesn't belong in low tier, there's no limit how much characters a tier can have. (the border should be reasonable though).

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
I feel like eventually, its going get to the point where mid tier (if it isnt already, i havent stopped to look before I made this post) is going to be as big as high/top and low/bottom tiers put together. possibly bigger. there are very few characters that are totally and completely inviable. and there are also, comparatively, very few characters that stand out above the rest of the pack.

Xebenkeck

Smash Lord
Bottom Tier:
Mario
Bowser
Samus
Falcon
Link
Zelda
Jiggly
Ganon

Garbage Tier
Yoshi

I agree yoshi for his own tier

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Lol Lounis and Calvin both main MK now?

You gotta switch characters man. :[
So, Kismet picked up Meta Knight, BigLou picked up Meta Knight, and a bunch of other power-ranked players in Georgia picked up Meta Knight.

I'm pretty sure this back-to-maining-Wario thing is inevitable. FOR REAL, this time. After spending an hour losing with Pokémon Trainer, I spent twenty minutes losing with Wario, and then an hour winning with Wario. I just need to start on top of my game and -practice- with him. I told myself I'm going to leave PT alone for a little while and work on my Wario.
I've been practicing a ton since then, and I just won a tournament with mostly Wario. I think I'm back, baby.

Nestec

Smash Ace
do you ever think about the japanese and what they do when they see our tierlist?

'How coodu sonikku be so hai? He so terribuu'

'We were lighto, faukusu ees pro!'
Was I the only one who thought this was hilarious?

:green:

Tesh

Smash Hero
The thing is PT needs ALL of your results to have a chance at mid tier. Without you its just a meh character with worse results than some low tiers.

I know we already discussed how much fatigue holds PT back, but do you think PT really belongs in mid tier despite all the weak points overshadowing his strengths?

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
The thing is PT needs ALL of your results to have a chance at mid tier. Without you its just a meh character with worse results than some low tiers.

I know we already discussed how much fatigue holds PT back, but do you think PT really belongs in mid tier despite all the weak points overshadowing his strengths?
I often used to use other characters in tournament, so it's not like it's a big difference either way, and I guarantee that if my Wario gets really good, Pokémon Trainer will have better results overall, even though he will have to split them with Wario.

As far as being mid tier goes, yes; partly because Pokémon Trainer fares a fair amount better in the current metagame than the characters in low tier, and partly because Pokémon Trainer DESTROYS everyone in Low Tier. The fact that everyone else apparently sucks with the character does not make him low tier.

Nestec

Smash Ace
These were his reasons.

:green:

Jigster

Smash Rookie
XD^^^^^^^ Lol. Why on earth did that noob dude think Jiggly was good?
First of all , i might be a noob on here but not on the game so i would kindly ask you to stop calling me that :3 (it's a bit offensive |c).

and well i can have my opinions pal ,can't i? :3 for me ,diddy kong sucks and even though i've won torunaments with jiggly people say it sucks ,i think the tier list also depends a lot on the person's playing style , i have a hit and run strategy soo yeah ; 3; you don't have to be offensive about my opinions pal :c

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom