• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official BBR Tier List v5

Status
Not open for further replies.

vVv Rapture

Smash Lord
Writing Team
I would like to propose that Ganon tier is revised to "Best Tier" please.

Other than that, great job. Kudos to the Zelda/Sheik inclusion.

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
I'm really happy with this list, since a lot of the stuff I was championing came to fruition (Fox's jump, Peach in the top part of mid tier instead of the bottom, ZSS in high tier). I think you guys are overrating Game and Watch a little bit, but I think this is the best tier list to date. Congratulations, guys.

Even though ZSS didn't jump 3+, I'd say she's a winner for this tier list. A middle tier moving into high tier is a serious change, given that most of mid tier is considered concrete at this point.

D

Deleted member

Now, how many BBR members went and reviewed the character discussions when the voting began? Also, how much did tournament results even matter in this list?

I'd really like to know.

Dr. Tuen

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0559-7294-8323
My only issue with the tier list: Zelda/Shiek is above Sonic and Ike, while Shiek is below those two. I found it hard to believe Zelda contributed enough to bump over Sonic and Ike
I agree with this statement. Otherwise, I like this list as is.

Goldenadept

Smash Lord
i think pikachu is still too high, outside of esam i dont think i've heard of any pika main placing well recently. :/ glad rob dropped though.

**** you wolf! two tier lists and you havent moved >:/ lazy old space pirate

D

Deleted member

i think pikachu is still too high, outside of esam i dont think i've heard of any pika main placing well recently. :/ glad rob dropped though.

**** you wolf! two tier lists and you havent moved >:/ lazy old space pirate
Wolf hasn't been lazy tournament wise. That's why I'm confused....

typh

BRoomer
BRoomer
so did you all forget to put an explanation of what the tier list is or what it is supposed to accomplish in the first post, or are you just not telling us? all i see is a list of characters

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
Toot Toot thrills in Green Hills (England, UK)
NNID
RicardoAvocado
Its interesting, upon furthur inspection there are quite a lot of characters that were close in places aswell as Snake, Falco and Diddy

Wario and Marth
Olimar and Pikachu
G&W, Lucario and ZSS
Kirby, Fox and ROB
Pit and Peach
Zelda/Shiek and Sonic
Shiek, Ike and Ness
Yoshi and Lucas
Falcon, Samus and Jigglypuff
Link and Zelda

Looking at the way things averaged out, there are some definite gaps in the tiers but some characters were really, really close as to where their positions were

just86

Smash Rookie
Here's a quick reference of how each character has done in all of the tier lists.

Bowser: 22, 23, 25, 27/26, 32

Captain Falcon: 37, 37, 35, 32, 33

Diddy Kong: 11, 7, 5, 3, 3

Donkey Kong: 10, 14, 18, 18, 20

Falco: 5, 3, 4, 4, 4

Fox: 19, 24, 21, 20, 16

Ganondorf: 35, 36, 37, 37, 38

Ice Climbers:
13, 15, 11, 5, 7

Ike: 25, 26, 28, 29, 25

Jigglypuff: 34, 35, 34, 34, 35

King Dedede: 3, 4, 6, 8, 10

Kirby: 14, 13, 13, 16, 15

Link: 36, 34, 36, 36, 36

Lucario: 9, 10/11, 14, 11, 12

Lucas: 27, 28/29, 29, 28, 30

Luigi: 23, 21, 20, 21, 21

Mario: 29, 27, 30, 31, 31

Marth: 7, 6, 7, 6, 6

Meta Knight: 1, 1, 1, 1, 1

Mr. Game & Watch: 4, 5, 8, 12, 11

Ness: 28, 29/28, 31, 26/27, 27

Olimar: 18, 11/10, 10, 10, 8

Peach: 24, 19, 19, 19, 19

Pikachu: 12, 12, 9, 9, 9

Pit: 15, 18, 17, 13, 18

Pokemon Trainer: 30, 32, 27, 24, 28

R.O.B.: 6, 9, 12, 17, 17

Samus: 31, 30, 33, 33, 34

Sheik: 26, 25, 24, 23, 26

Snake: 2, 2, 2, 2, 2

Sonic: 33, 31, 23, 25, 24

Toon Link: 17, 17, 16, 14, 14

Wario: 8, 8, 3, 7, 5

Wolf: 16, 20, 22, 22, 22

Yoshi: 32, 33, 32, 30, 29

Zelda: 20, 22, 26, 35, 37

Zelda/Sheik: NA, NA, NA, NA, 23

Zero Suit Samus: 21, 16, 15, 15, 13

Dumbfire

Sex? Yes, I'm familiar with the theory
NNID
AncientSunlight
Its fun how I can refresh the page every 5 secs and theyre always is a new comment.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Why is Snake still #2?

Subborn people -__-
I personally agree.
Snake shouldn't be #2, and Sonic shouldn't be below Wolf or Zelda/Sheik.

Whatever though, beyond that, I love this list.
Good job to everyone on the write ups. I'm happy about the entire thing. Good stuff.
<333~

Albert.

Smash Master
Snake seems to be #4 now

The disgustingly fast characters Diddy and Falco need to be the debate for 2/3

(my opinion)

Otherwise, this list is great, props.

everything was expected, but in a good way.

Olimar, Ike, ZSS moving up

bowser and others moving down.

yay

Edit:
is this the first tier list update where the characters at #3 and 4 didn't change????

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
☯ ****, Pit and Bowser got owned. )=

☯ Glad to see Kirby's slowly being high tier again, (just you wait). XD

etecoon

Smash Hero
lol @snake #2 still

mostly agree with this otherwise, personally I think IC's > marth > wario but not a huge thing

my other huge gripe is I think pit fell too far, and NE should be added to regions where pit does well(koolaid is second on our PR)

Goldenadept

Smash Lord
Wolf is just a bad character.
lol no, wolf isnt a bad character at all, he's just an underwhelming character with "potential"
i've no problem with his placement at all but given the decent results he's been putting out over the last half year it seems a bit weird that he didnt move at all

typh

BRoomer
BRoomer
so did you all forget to put an explanation of what the tier list is or what it is supposed to accomplish in the first post, or are you just not telling us? all i see is a list of characters
to clarify, did you set out and vote w/ a definition of a tier list firmly in place or did you guys just go "here, vote"? i haven't been following smash lately so if there's another public topic stating the mission statement of this tier list i'm sorry and i would appreciate if someone linked it to me

Browny

Smash Hater
lol, I only got one placing wrong when I memorised the order :p (mario too high)

Why is Ganon in "Ganon" tier but not G in the expanded version lol?

Sheik/Zelda has no business being on a tier list imo, this is supposed to represent how good a character is and then you factor in some completely arbitrary thing like for what % of a match someone uses one or the other, it becomes extremely innacurate. The combination has existed in melee for what, 8 years and not once were they joined, yet for some reason they are joined on the brawl tier list? Explanation please. Not on the reason they were joined (Irrelevant and I wont change my mind anyway) but on the discrepancy between melee and brawl.

gunterrsmash01

Smash Champion
IMO falco and marths spots should be switched.

Foxs spot is good, but pit and luigi should be right under him

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
More stuff:

Top 5 is perfect, don't change it. Order is a little wonky (I agree that snake at 2 is weird), but top 5 characters is perfect.

This is the most progressive and brave tier list to date; Kudos to the BBR for making real changes.

D

Deleted member

lol no, wolf isnt a bad character at all, he's just an underwhelming character with "potential"
i've no problem with his placement at all but given the decent results he's been putting out over the last half year it seems a bit weird that he didnt move at all
This this this this this!

Wolf gets no respect from the backroom. :(

XLR8TION

Smash Ace
NNID
XLR8TION
3DS FC
4399-0465-6002
yus ike is now mid teir....but fffffffffff sonic should be lower

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
because he gets gayed by possibly any infinite in this game.

Dumbfire

Sex? Yes, I'm familiar with the theory
NNID
AncientSunlight
The sprite for Zelda/Sheik is really creepy btw.. Reminds me of some kind of Cyborg.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
lol, I only got one placing wrong when I memorised the order :p (mario too high)

Why is Ganon in "Ganon" tier but not G in the expanded version lol?

Sheik/Zelda has no business being on a tier list imo, this is supposed to represent how good a character is and then you factor in some completely arbitrary thing like for what % of a match someone uses one or the other, it becomes extremely innacurate. The combination has existed in melee for what, 8 years and not once were they joined, yet for some reason they are joined on the brawl tier list? Explanation please.
... You're apparently too good to read the write-up about Zelda/Sheik?

And what does Melee have to do with Brawl? The Melee tier list has NOTHING to do with the Brawl tier list. ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. Care to tell me WHY we should take the Melee tierlist into consideration when making a tierlist for Brawl?

But if you're already bringing in Melee:
In Melee, Sheik is Top Tier. Zelda is Bottom Tier. There is no real advantage if you switch from Sheik to Zelda.
Both are handled as separate characters with no Down B because there is no reason to switch to Zelda. Zelda doesn't benefit Sheik at all in Melee.
In Brawl, Sheik is Mid Tier and Zelda is Low Tier. However, there are certain matchups in which Zelda actually is beneficial to Sheik. For instance, against chaingrabbers, who have more trouble chaingrabbing Zelda.

Valueing Zelda and Sheik as own characters but also as combination does make sense in this game.

Brawl is NOT Melee.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom