• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official BBR Tier List v5

Status
Not open for further replies.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Marth and Wario have to put in a lot more work, for results not as good as MK, Snake, Diddy, or Falco. Maybe that's why?

Snake > Falco, at least judging by the results threat with the money component to it. Only character not named MK to have double digits. So much for "Snake doesn't get results anymore, he should be 5th"
Kinda. I think Wario's not popular because people get frustrated with his weaknesses and don't fully exploit his strengths. Wario is top 5 in the game when played well. He's one of the most dynamic characters Brawl has to offer, but it's a lot to manage.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
I say we take D tier and throw it into low tier as a new standard, and turn F and G to bottom tier

Least low tier will be fun again.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
Kinda. I think Wario's not popular because people get frustrated with his weaknesses and don't fully exploit his strengths. Wario is top 5 in the game when played well. He's one of the most dynamic characters Brawl has to offer, but it's a lot to manage.
Ya, but I would say he's barely top 5, while the others a clearly a step ahead of him. :/

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Peach isn't relevant to the metagame. So she's dropping or staying put.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
When's the last time a player said "Oh great, I have to play a Peach?"

For Brawl anyways. Melee... Armada got that on lockdown.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
Excuse me gentlemen.

Fox v Yoshi is tuff stuff.
Ask Delta about it since I see him viewing dis here thread.
Stalker.

And I just have problems with Fox. I've seen people beat Fox, I don't get how, and I don't get much practice with the match up, but I think I'm starting to understand what to do with the much repeated advice I've been given. >_<

Delta?
Last time I heard he said it was 55-45
And now I think Snake ***** us, but I've also seen otherwise, especially with Polt's performance at Pound, so I'm probably doing it wrong.

Yes, but recent tourneys has shown that he's consistently lost to Snakes (MVD and someone else). Anyways, this is quite off-topic. You're welcome to continue this in the Yoshi boards.
The tier thread has become a character board on several occasions *coughSonic*. I SAY IT'S YOSHI'S TURN.

I've very aware that he's a great Snake player. I've played him myself lmao. I included his name because he told me he played another Snake main and lost before MVD (IIRC). When he had to play against him, I knew he had a fairly high chance of losing due to how MVD plays (***** don't die <3).

Flayl, do you want to talk about Bowser then? At least it's much more controlled than when every Yoshi main was posting in the previous times.
MVD ***** meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. @_@

The other Snake main was Takeover, who was ****** me in friendlies the night before KTAR4, and who I barely beat in tournament by camping like a ***** on Picto.

:yoshi:

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
Peach sucks, she becomes less threatening as your damage becomes higher and she doesn't even have an air dodge. All she can do when her opponent is past 100% is spam turnips and hope her jab/float mix-ups force them to mess up or hit her shield because all of her **** stops stringing and none of the stuff that's easy to land kills. She has a lot of options at low percents but can't kill until like 200 on anyone.

This is a pretty dramatic simplification but yeah Peach is bad, 19th is generous.

Browny

Smash Hater
Peach has been 19th for 4 tier list in a row ROFL

inbe4 the majority dont care enough about her to even think about placing her, and keep her where she is.

Browny

Smash Hater
A better argument, is which characters have TWO separate solo mains who placed top 8 in a national

MK
Diddy
Snake
Sonic

Who else is in that group? That should define S-tier imo

Orion*

Smash Researcher
NR plays differently from other ZSS players though.
He's not stupid? :glare:

Most ZSS's I can just get in a free position and **** because they dont understand their character weaknesses. NR has the experience to stay out of them.

Funny that... I believe coney won?

Backroom arguments between Dedede and ZSS which was originally -1 and -2, which NR conceded (he thought) but Coney ended up submitting -2...

hurpadurpa.
DEDEDE FOR TOP TIER.
I think D3 wins, maybe even if you can get that stupid cg off?

You're welcome to MM me instead of make up sets. I never got 3 stocked by a PT. I don't even think it was a 2 stock. Only game 2 wasn't "close" IIRC.
Vids plz
A better argument, is which characters have TWO separate solo mains who placed top 8 in a national

MK
Diddy
Snake
Sonic

Who else is in that group? That should define S-tier imo
I can't tell if you're serious... >_>

Jebus67

Smash Rookie
I would of liked to see ness jump up a few steps, personally speaking, hopefully he will if there is a new list later, or if someone starts kicking *** with him at tourneys hahaahahah

Tagxy

Smash Lord
Haha, why stop at 2? If we make it 3 then we have MK, Snake, Diddy, and Pika xD

Also I dont think sonic did too bad considering X and espy werent there. If anything I was impressed that a couple other sonic mains performed as well as they did without being on the same level as espy or X.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
I would of liked to see ness jump up a few steps, personally speaking, hopefully he will if there is a new list later, or if someone starts kicking *** with him at tourneys hahaahahah
It's SaveMeJebus :awesome:
Yeah Ness is like SSS tier as he can OHKO with PKflash and PKT2 and his PKfire traps everyone for a 0-death herps.

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
Yo, how about that Link/Mario though?

I mean, Kirin still does work. That has to account for something. :3c People still somehow lose to both of these characters.

BSP

Smash Legend
Peach is probably going nowhere or down because she's getting outperformed nearly everywhere.

Steam

Smash Hero
She isn't going anywhere, but she's in the way of sonic moving to A tier and she's going to Bair all of his approaches.

totally

Chuee

Smash Hero
Excuse me gentlemen.

Stalker.

And I just have problems with Fox. I've seen people beat Fox, I don't get how, and I don't get much practice with the match up, but I think I'm starting to understand what to do with the much repeated advice I've been given. >_<

And now I think Snake ***** us, but I've also seen otherwise, especially with Polt's performance at Pound, so I'm probably doing it wrong.

The tier thread has become a character board on several occasions *coughSonic*. I SAY IT'S YOSHI'S TURN.

MVD ***** meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. @_@

The other Snake main was Takeover, who was ****** me in friendlies the night before KTAR4, and who I barely beat in tournament by camping like a ***** on Picto.

:yoshi:
I just happened to look at the people viewing this thread when I posted and you were the only yoshi :3

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Peach sucks, she becomes less threatening as your damage becomes higher and she doesn't even have an air dodge. All she can do when her opponent is past 100% is spam turnips and hope her jab/float mix-ups force them to mess up or hit her shield because all of her **** stops stringing and none of the stuff that's easy to land kills. She has a lot of options at low percents but can't kill until like 200 on anyone.

This is a pretty dramatic simplification but yeah Peach is bad, 19th is generous.
I think either you haven't been playing the REALLY good peaches, or I've been playing Excel_Zero too much. It could go either way.

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
All of Ike's aerials are good and have their uses. Only problem are overlap in uses and therefore possible blind spots that need spacing to work around.

Ike's tilts are more situational than his aerials to utilize. Ike's jab is above every other characters' in the game in most areas. You also failed to mention Ike's decent pivot grab and throw followups.

You not even listing bair at least makes me doubt you know much lol.

Fuujin

Smash Champion
All of Ike's aerials are good and have their uses. Only problem are overlap in uses and therefore possible blind spots that need spacing to work around.

Ike's tilts are more situational than his aerials to utilize. Ike's jab is above every other characters' in the game in most areas. You also failed to mention Ike's decent pivot grab and throw followups.

You not even listing bair at least makes me doubt you know much lol.
What legit ways does he have to land b air?

Just play safe and almost all of his attacks are one dimensional and leave him open., you really shouldn't be getting hit by a lot of his moves unless you don't know the MU.
I don't see how he's better than Sheik, though placing speak differently I suppose.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
What legit ways does he have to land b air?

Just play safe and almost all of his attacks are one dimensional and leave him open., you really shouldn't be getting hit by a lot of his moves unless you don't know the MU.
I don't see how he's better than Sheik, though placing speak differently I suppose.
Doesn't Jab combo into it at higher percents?

It's fast and safe enough to throw out without a whole lot of worry.

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
Toot Toot thrills in Green Hills (England, UK)
NNID
RicardoAvocado
She isn't going anywhere, but she's in the way of sonic moving to A tier and she's going to Bair all of his approaches.

totally
dat ***
10:peach:'s

peach placed as high as sonic in pound sooo...

A tier?
Lol xD

I wouldn't be surprised if she dropped something like 2 places - she should never fall below C tier but it'd be reasonable at the moment to move her down a tad if we don't look at Europe where Peach seems to be princess of in both Brawl and Melee

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801
dat ***
10:peach:'s

Lol xD

I wouldn't be surprised if she dropped something like 2 places - she should never fall below C tier but it'd be reasonable at the moment to move her down a tad if we don't look at Europe where Peach seems to be princess of in both Brawl and Melee
She does pretty well in Japan as well thanks to Kie.

:052:

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Is it guaranteed?
I thought you could DI away from his jab so it prevents most follow ups.
It's a decent move but I think its one of those moves that if you get hit by it, you probably did something wrong.
DIing 1 way only allows for just a different followup. Ike's hitboxes are so large that it is very difficult to get away even with DI. Most of the time, DI is not enough.

One would need to SDI jab->uptilt if hit close enough. It is hard to SDI a 3 frame move all the time.

You are not safe until you're completely away on the ground. DIing away actually makes it easier to land jab->bair.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom