• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official BBR Tier List v7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
I've seen hype generate from Yoshi more than Kirby.
Polt Vs DSF at MLG or Redhalberd where we has deemed the blood god. Almost any match Delta plays now, and whenever I play, random hype for me... especially against Sky Pirate back from a Woodlawn tournament in SA.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
actually you sit there and watch people desperately attempt to not get grabbed to death.

which admittedly, is pretty entertaining. and then they fail and everbody gets sad.

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
Yoshi is fun to play as and against.

DDD is boring to play against unless you're destroying him and he can't CG you.
DDD is boring to play as unless you're gimping Olimar with him.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
its like suspense/horror movies, your essentially paying 5-15 bux to see how long a group of people can survive desperately trying to run away from a guy in a mask.

some people find that entertaining.

Jrugs

Smash Ace
snake is so bori- naw jk, my character is the most interesting in the whole game. Carry on

Orion*

Smash Researcher
And I always had trouble understanding why Wario supposedly loses to MK by -2. It really seems like a -1 to me.
on paper you can argue -2

in what actually happens, outside of what any salty wario main has to say it;s -1

Every move is a commitment in Melee, because while characters are stronger offensively they are also stronger defensively.

You're making it sound like reads don't exist, and Melee is just: "I attack you, you mess up, I take your stock. You attack me, you mess up, I take your stock, etc..."
You only think that because you don't understand the Melee metagame.

And that's a fact.
Basically, any argument you give for Melee top tiers being one-dimensional will be flat-out wrong - because they definitely aren't.
You need to stop plz xD

How is Yoshi more annoying than Olimar, Diddy or Falco? o_o
Because yoshi doesn't win.

The character and all of it's mains essentially enjoy spending 548043 hours making the game suck, to still lose. The worst part being if they get like 1 tournament win vs a decent player, they feel so good about themselves, whereas it's more likely the opponent probably opted to lose rather than commit suicide.

Olimar, falco whatever camp and it's not so bad because I feel like they are actually going to do something with camping. Yoshi just sucks the fun out, and still loses. Theres no point in the character.

**** yoshi
Boring to play against or as? I find him really fun xD

:phone:
fml

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Orion nope you gotta get out of here. -2 as in ranging from 6:4 to 65:35 yeah that accurately describes MK vs Wario. It's not 55:45 like people used to think. I've seen the MU get consistently worse over time. Remember the days people actually believed Wario went dead even with MK? I used to think that occasionally back in the day too.

MK has too many safe things vs Wario, and from a neutral position Wario has to commit a lot harder than he would like to. Now Wario in the lead is sorta even: Wario at 40% and MK at 70% is very scary for the bat. But getting into scenarios like that isn't very common and is more indicative of player vs player not MK is assumed to be down % wise (if anything you'd expect MK to do more damage and be ahead more, with Wario using fart to catch up).

You have to bait MK, for the most part, to win. There is no character secret to getting past Fair Dtilt or shielding: bite is horrible vs MK but that's for another day. The best you can do honestly is hard SDIing Fairs, trying to PS like a god, or hoping they don't understand how Wario flows from air to ground. Punishing MK's who choose, say rising Dair, as Wario is trying to land. Or the grounded shuttle loops as Wario airdodges in, instead of using it OOS or in situations like that.

The MU is much simpler and easier on the MK side, and frankly as long as you don't get fart molested you solidly win somewhere around 6:4 in all honesty.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
Because yoshi doesn't win.

The character and all of it's mains essentially enjoy spending 548043 hours making the game suck, to still lose. The worst part being if they get like 1 tournament win vs a decent player, they feel so good about themselves, whereas it's more likely the opponent probably opted to lose rather than commit suicide.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q_3Ed-XuiY0

We don't always lose.

Also, matches take forever because people don't know how to approach us. :glare:

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Orion*

Smash Researcher
Orion nope you gotta get out of here. -2 as in ranging from 6:4 to 65:35 yeah that accurately describes MK vs Wario. It's not 55:45 like people used to think. I've seen the MU get consistently worse over time. Remember the days people actually believed Wario went dead even with MK? I used to think that occasionally back in the day too.

MK has too many safe things vs Wario, and from a neutral position Wario has to commit a lot harder than he would like to. Now Wario in the lead is sorta even: Wario at 40% and MK at 70% is very scary for the bat. But getting into scenarios like that isn't very common and is more indicative of player vs player not MK is assumed to be down % wise (if anything you'd expect MK to do more damage and be ahead more, with Wario using fart to catch up).

You have to bait MK, for the most part, to win. There is no character secret to getting past Fair Dtilt or shielding: bite is horrible vs MK but that's for another day. The best you can do honestly is hard SDIing Fairs, trying to PS like a god, or hoping they don't understand how Wario flows from air to ground. Punishing MK's who choose, say rising Dair, as Wario is trying to land. Or the grounded shuttle loops as Wario airdodges in, instead of using it OOS or in situations like that.

The MU is much simpler and easier on the MK side, and frankly as long as you don't get fart molested you solidly win somewhere around 6:4 in all honesty.
look at the +1 vs the +2s mk has on the chart. Wario clearly is in the difficulty of a +1. 6:4 is my ratio for numbers, but as far as +1/2 goes it's more a +1 than a +2.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q_3Ed-XuiY0

We don't always lose.

Also, matches take forever because people don't know how to approach us. :glare:

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
No character ALWAYS loses. Statistically I don't even think that's possible. You don't do anything significant. The character is worthless. There is nothing valuable about the gameplay in terms of entertainment or appreciation of high level play. You can say if it's not broke don't fix it, but LOL nobody's winning significant events or money. So if you're goal is to not win, and annoy people then you have accomplished your job.

Even if you are a good player, which you are it doesn't matter because essentially you throw away all hope you have of achieving anything in this game other than mediocrity and the fandom of your other mediocre/garbage character fanboys.

The character is essentially synonymous with being masochistic. You literally choose to suck at something you spend hours and hours putting hard effort into, with very little hope of relative success in addition to the hate of your peers. It doesn't matter if people don't know how to approach you or not, relatively that makes it more worthless as it shows the self acceptance that the character is a gimmick in itself. I'm not gonna even both looking at the youtube link, it's probably you vs some random mid/high level player with half a name for being good and a poor soul.

Your argument is as worthless as your character.

The salt powers our eggs. >:3 Keep it coming.

:phone:
Like, if I can not play a yoshi main, let alone in bracket for like 2+ years and still beat you solidly with delta coaching you I doubt any amount of salt will make you place better.

When you want to play with the big boys and pick up metaknight, give me a shoutout. Just not on aib, it'll probably crash and I'll never see it.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
I personally hate the +/- system. I think we agree it's basically 6:4 though that's all that matters. Relative to other character's it's also easily 6:4 so yeah that fits.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
No character ALWAYS loses. Statistically I don't even think that's possible. You don't do anything significant. The character is worthless. There is nothing valuable about the gameplay in terms of entertainment or appreciation of high level play. You can say if it's not broke don't fix it, but LOL nobody's winning significant events or money. So if you're goal is to not win, and annoy people then you have accomplished your job.

Even if you are a good player, which you are it doesn't matter because essentially you throw away all hope you have of achieving anything in this game other than mediocrity and the fandom of your other mediocre/garbage character fanboys.

The character is essentially synonymous with being masochistic. You literally choose to suck at something you spend hours and hours putting hard effort into, with very little hope of relative success in addition to the hate of your peers. It doesn't matter if people don't know how to approach you or not, relatively that makes it more worthless as it shows the self acceptance that the character is a gimmick in itself. I'm not gonna even both looking at the youtube link, it's probably you vs some random mid/high level player with half a name for being good and a poor soul.

Your argument is as worthless as your character.

Like, if I can not play a yoshi main, let alone in bracket for like 2+ years and still beat you solidly with delta coaching you I doubt any amount of salt will make you place better.

When you want to play with the big boys and pick up metaknight, give me a shoutout. Just not on aib, it'll probably crash and I'll never see it.

I would like to Nominate this for post of the year.

and grim its not that its a low tier character, its that its a low tier character that 1. doesnt even really have breakout moments of success. and 2. nobody even likes playing or watching.

Orion*

Smash Researcher
I personally hate the +/- system. I think we agree it's basically 6:4 though that's all that matters. Relative to other character's it's also easily 6:4 so yeah that fits.
We usually agree to at least similar outcomes, it's just we tend to have different ways of expressing how we move forward with the information. That's why I didn't even bother trying to argue with some essay, we agree on the same **** for the most part.

I do like the +/-1-4 system in all honesty though for the mu chart.

Orion, why do you care?
:denzel:

And here I thought hating on a player for using a low tier was just something that casual players said we did.
listen to gogglez plz

Orion*

Smash Researcher
the first stock was hilarious...

but your watching 2 players friendly that don't even place in their respective region. like ideally, deltacod can make people cut their wrists and once every 6 months come out of retirement after people forget how to play against his character and net 1-2 wins. I don't know if zudenka has beaten anyone good in singles.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
I like playing/watching Yoshi. His movement and move strings flow really nicely and once you get them down he feels really smooth and satisfying to play. Imo at least. Like, when Im not in an intense match or against some stupid character like Falco, playing Yoshi can actually relax me.

Orion*

Smash Researcher
Like, when Im not in an intense match or against some stupid character like Falco, playing Yoshi can actually relax me.
To me that translates to, when I'm not playing tournament matches or viable characters yoshi is fun/relaxing.

I've always loved Yoshi, he just happened to be incredibly dumb to play against in other peoples eyes apparently.
That and I'm kinda the underdog guy, no high tiers just low tiers. I guess I also love the fact that he's probably one of the most flashy characters to use in the game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yeOAFrFi-AQ
"Besides, I beat him in winners and I was mentally drained after playing RedShadow due to me not wanting to Infinite him so he wouldn't get too mad so I had to play extra careful.

The fact I had to play Nike again for 3rd made me give up since I didn't feel like dealing with Marth's BS and then playing K Prime's Pikachu for the umpteenth time."

your comment in your video

LMAO. when you genuinely feel self conscious enough to not want to infinite someone with a character that loses 90% of his MUs you know your lame. Maybe you wouldn't feel mentally drained if you didn't play an extremely boring and stressful character.

To be fair, they're playing Yoshi and Peach.
That's fair. But like idk about the yoshi main, but Yami despite having amazing control over his character has a lot of holes in game, which moreso than his character effect him from placing decently. It's not llike he goes to tournaments and just get's bodied by MKs everyday, europe in general doesn't have that problem. I genuinely don't think yami would place significantly higher or lower regardless of the character that he chooses.

edit: ROFL @ yoshis moves stringing together nicely. the character should feel genuinely happy getting more than singular hits assuming theres no grab release shenanigans at high level play. Yoshi has extremely good air speed, and DR so his movement is fine. But his actual pressure game outside of that movement is nothing to be afraid of, and consists of mostly isolated hits

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom