• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official BBR Tier List v7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tesh

Smash Hero
That doesn't sound like the description of a high level player at all though. Being very strong in a few matchups is what mid level players do. Being top of a character doesn't mean you are a top level player. Look at Malcolm and Shugo, they were top Sonics and are now simply "among the best" of their new better characters. I wouldn't be so quick to say Espy and X are top level players.

Its rare for a bad character to have a truly top level player for long because they usually move on to something that doesn't waste so much effort and talent.

About Kai, I'm actually interested to hear who he beat. The vague statement that he has "notable wins" came up when I was talking to Pwii as well but I've honestly never heard of who he has beaten. Partially because I can't use the search function to find the name "Kai".

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Well, Ill only elaborate on myself.

No ego, no bias, I see myself as a high level player. I would say im on a higher level than the people in my region I would consider mid level players. but at the same time, i have specialties. Im super experienced in the ike/pika/dk matchups, for example. I would say Im one of those guys who could place oddly high, or oddly low in a regional sized tournament depending on who specifically I play. Where as I would expect espy to place a certain point regardless of his bracket. Thats how I make the distinction at least.

as far as Kai goes, off the top of my head, I know hes beaten atomks with sonic.

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
KID, who have you beaten recently?
You always say you're good, but I don't remember you beating anybody except like... ESAM in that MM forever ago.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Does speed even play anymore? I haven't really seen him in results as of late. :happysheep:
nope. he quit to do school. and now he plays PAS.
Wait.
K.I.D beat ESAM in a MM, or in bracket?

Cause I've been under the impression that he beat ESAM in bracket
He beat him in an MM. :happysheep:
this.

And lets see.

in all fairness I've been to one tournament since apex. But I won it and it was like 3 weeks ago. So I guess that makes me active for some arbitrary period of time.

only people i beat were people in my region. Theyre good but i doubt anybody here would have heard of them.

Or were you talking like who have i beaten ever?

i never really was able to travel much either. And my brawling scaled down a lot when marvel 3 came out. that was pretty much when the smash scene in my city completely died.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Not sure how much weight my word has, but based off of what I managed to see from KID last Apex, I'd definitely give him a top five spot as a Sonic.

He knows what he's doing with the character, and he has plenty of tricks and whatnot that X and I don't even consider when we play. His only problems are lack of publicity due to his scene's lack of activity, and an execution that needs to be tuned up as a result of no real practice (the first problem also adds on to the second).

Despite that, he's still pretty legit. :applejack:

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
How'd you do at Apex and who did you beat there?
I went game 3 with delta and game 3 with leon but lost to both of them.

and that was first round.

I entered like 4 games at the last apex. only one I took super serious was Marvel. but I dont think you care to hear about that.

aside from that I lost to coney in a money match, beat Tech chase in a money match... Crap, I money matched a good number of people but I cant remember much of anything from that weekend. So much happened...

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
If we want to look at me when I was most on point and at the top of my game, youd probably have to look at pound 5, which is really unfortunate, since (for good reason) most people not named Cheese like to pretend that tournament never existed.

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
Basically what I'm hearing is
I've never beaten anyone notable outside of this 1 MM against ESAM a long time ago, I was at the top of my game during Pound V where I didn't even place well, I got 1st at a local where I beat a bunch of other people you've never heard of that haven't done anything notable either (but trust me they're good) but I consider myself a high-level player
I hope you can understand why others may be inclined to not believe you XD

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
I mean, I have a good number of notable wins for how much I travel (very little) but NR asked for recent stuff, and my two most recent tournaments were the one pidge came to and Apex lol.

but before that, lets see. Ive beaten Will, I beat Snakeee back when he and Dazwa were the top ZSSs, I beat Hylian, I've beaten Lie, I beat Poyo. I beat Nikole (ive named dropped her way to much recently) I beat iLove (his DDD was really good but I dont think many people had heard of him, he also beat hylian and he almost beat Chudat that day). Had a super close set with Bizkit at pound (still need to run it back with him and Fatal)

A lot of those sets/games are recorded if you really want to look and study up on me. Doesnt seem necessary though.

I mean theres another tournament next week that I have a very small chance of getting to. And if I do that, Ill record a set with Fatal and see how that goes.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
KID, IIRC, didn't you go Fox instead of Sonic against me? In that case, you can't use our set as justification for being a top Sonic.

Despite this, I will also vouch for KID being legit.

blacktwins13

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Blacktwins13
V115 talking **** after losing to a Lucas.
you ****ed up big time.
this is funny cause the rest of you zss mains are next :smirk: (once i can travel free of will, of course :) )
You see, there are 3 differences here
1: I was trying to convince people that I'm a high-level player
2: I really let myself go after losing to a lucas and getting up smashes @ 63% :urg:
3: **** you
ppl called :shades:

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
why is will getting in the way of you traveling? dk johns?

You may be reading this post out of curiosity of what happened to MeekSpeedy on the way back from Ann Arbor. Sadly, that information is not here. Make your way over to post #9298.

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
^i'll vouch for that, i enjoyed our match on ps1 :bee:

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Sonic vs Yoshi sounds lame

Delta Cod vs someone is like making the worlds biggest omelette

MintyFlesh

Smash Ace
minty has actually been playing melee more. Too bad he kinda sucks, though... Him, i, and some other guy are the only three samus mains on campus.

Edit: Actually dabuz, you suck at melee too now that i remember it. :p
bad enough that i took a game off you in a ranked match huh

bubbaking

Smash Hero
Baldwin, NY, USA or Alexandria, VA, USA (Pick one)
Missed these... Back to missed topics!

who decided that and why and what purpose does that kind of ratio serve?

like, the entire concept of what you just described is asinine and completely moronic.
It makes complete sense! Whoever said that we have to interpret Smash ratios just like SF ratios? I play 2D fighters; I know what their ratios mean. Like, every question you just asked me above, I could ask about your interpretation of ratios in this game. I think you're just being stubborn and holding to a certain way of seeing things, just because it was used in an older fighting game. I'm pretty sure that the way I described it is how most people who use and/or prefer the ratio system see it. It's arbitrary of you to say, "You're just saying that now to defend your views," because if it makes sense and accurately describes how we view MU ratios, then why not? Smash is not a FG. Stop trying to read numbers for it as if it was.

Stop trying to relate the matchup systems to each other.

We've been saying this since it came out. Is it really that hard?

0 = Even
1 = Slight Advantage
2 = Solid/Strong Advantage
3 = One-Sided Matchup
4 = Unwinnable.
So when exactly does a "One-sided MU" go past the line of +3 and become +4? When does it fall below the barrier and become +2? Why do high level players of one char go against high level players of another char in a -4 MU and still come out on top? This 5-tiered MU value system is vague and ambiguous. Sure, you could argue that it "groups MUs by difficulty" but that doesn't change the fact that MUs are often seen as belonging to more than one group and groups are even treated as such. It's too hard to accurately place one MU into a certain difficulty group unless it's an even MU or a true 100:0 (which doesn't exist). As such, it's even harder to interpret them accurately and consistently after they're written.

As far as rations go, I see it as how much a character has advantage over the course of a match. As in, a 60:40 means that a character will have advantage during 60% of the match course (by using its tools, covering its opponent's options, etc).
So, the thero character, with 40% of opportunities/options able to beat its opponent's have an uphill battle...
Then, there are options or exploits with more value than others, like chaingrabs, Marth's chaingrab>Spike, grab releases, or gimps.

My two cents.
^^^ This EXACTLY! Ratios don't dictate how much you should win. I don't think many have ever interpreted them as such, either. They state how much of an advantage you have during the actual match. SF ratios dictate how many times you should be winning. :)

of course, we have no real set of win rates to go by because no TO does match slips. We simply have often flawed tournament results threads that simply can't account for every set played in the tournament, nor stages used.
Yo, we should seriously start using those! It would make data collection sooooo much more accurate and efficient. We need some TOs to man (and woman) up and start doing this so we can accurately see what's going on in their tourneys. :cool:

Jigglypuff is the worst character in this game by far.
Link, Zelda, and Ganondorf are capable of so much more, at least.

Jiggs is terribad.
Link's bomb alone is better than Jigglypuff.
I'm not trolling dammit.

Ganondorf vs Jiggs might be debatable, but the fact that she's above Zelda and Link especially is kind of ridiculous.
I've agreed with these, and even argued these here, since last year. Jiggs should be last, not Ganon. :smirk:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom