• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official BBR Tier List v7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
>stealing golden-psycho's quote
Anyways, While I doubt this'll happen again I think this sub-forum needs an active mod or something just in case?

Iota

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2852-7054-7732
I'm not going to Apex V. It interferes with school. Besides I know I'd lose not EVERY canadian is free :happysheep:

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
I don't think Jiggz is the worst character in the game. She's got her glaring issues but she'll surprise you if you haven't seen her in action before and she's got some traits in the air/offstage that I believe keeps her from being absolute bottom.

That's just how I imagine/remember it. Grim would know more. =)

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
Oh cool, this is unlocked.

Yeah Puff isn't that bad at all.

She is TERRIBLE if you don't use the bait and punish style (i.e. short hop aerial spam, which is how a lot of people see/play Puff), but as long as you play her like you would in Melee, she is clearly better than Ganon, Link, Zelda and possibly Falcon and/or Bowser, depending on who you ask.

Haters should actually describe why they think she is bad, cause I get the feeling they have severe flaws in their perception of how Puff actually works at high level.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
***random***
IMHO, Shielda and Pokémon Trainer should each be merged in the Tier List, and separated in the MU chart....

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
Shame that nobody places with Puff in majors aside from Mink just recently.

C.J.

Smash Master
Cry more?

You're the only person that consistently completions about it. We don't care about your opinion.

:phone:

CJ stop being such a ****, lol.

The tier list will be released when we get to it, and atm, the BBR is doing other projects.

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
He didn't try to censor your opinion. You were just complaining about the date of the next tier list's release by saying that this tier list is inaccurate. That's not exactly a productive complaint.

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
It wouldn't be so irritating if, you know, people didn't ask about it twice a week >__>

Once the new MU Chart is out, we will get the tier list project going. And the MU Chart will be out maybe early spring (March perhaps), so April/May for the tier list is a reasonable estimate.

People shouldn't ask "when is project X getting updated" when we're busy with project Y, which is a prerequisite for X because, y'know, we used weighted match-ups to create the tier list >__>

:059:

C.J.

Smash Master
Not to mention that the difference between criticism and complaining/whining is that criticism gives support/ideas/suggestions while whining/complaining is "WAAAAAH, my opinion >>> those that have proven themselves to be better and/or smarter than me in this regard. You disagree with me, you guys are biased meanie-faces! WAAHHHHHH" Meanwhile, ever time you've brought it up, you're been met with a fair amount of disagreement from everyone (with the exception of how we handled results- which we will be addressing the next time around).

It's not a mystery, to anybody, which one of those two categories ViperGold falls into.

And no, I wasn't trying to censor your opinion. Please continue to post. I was just hoping you would start to form coherent thoughts and arguments beyond that which I just saw my 5 year old cousin throwing a tantrum.

@ Grim- he beat TrueBlue, took pj to game 3 (last hit?), and I think he had one other notable win in pools.

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
Oh cool, this is unlocked.

Yeah Puff isn't that bad at all.

She is TERRIBLE if you don't use the bait and punish style (i.e. short hop aerial spam, which is how a lot of people see/play Puff), but as long as you play her like you would in Melee, she is clearly better than Ganon, Link, Zelda and possibly Falcon and/or Bowser, depending on who you ask.

Haters should actually describe why they think she is bad, cause I get the feeling they have severe flaws in their perception of how Puff actually works at high level.
Implying Puff is played at a high level

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
The biggest issue I see with Puff comes from game mechanics.

Melee, you could WoP people and gimp them a LOT more effectively. You were also relatively difficult to combo, somewhat alleviating the weight issue.

Brawl, WoP and gimping are significantly less effective. Very few characters get straight-up combo'd so that advantage turns into a disadvantage (losing every trade). The lack of combos also emphasizes having the speed/hitboxes to pressure your opponent properly after a hit, which Puff doesn't have imo :/

:059:

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
CJ: Who is TrueBlue? And almost beating a mid/high level player? Mehhh...

Also it's funny because Puff's follow-up game in Brawl is really solid; she doesn't get punished on hit unless you are using the wrong moves, and that's true of everyone.

Just goes to show how little people understand this character.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
CJ: Who is TrueBlue? And almost beating a mid/high level player? Mehhh...

Oh thank god.

I was scared people were actually starting to think he was good or something.

TrueBlue is a sonic main from florida whos biggest achievement to date has been being-ryos-teams-partner.

C.J.

Smash Master
I mean, he is good. He's not espy/X status, but he is a high level player- albeit not top

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
That is not what people generally consider "high level"... haha

When I hear top I think of the handful of players who are always placing in the top 4~ of majors; high level are the ones who are in their shadow and can fluctuate between like... 3rd and 16th or something. THEN comes mid level.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
I mean, he is good. He's not espy/X status, but he is a high level player- albeit not top

Hes not my status either...

I mean, I can legit name all the sonics that matter on one hand and maybe some change.

X. Espy. MeekSpeedy. Me. Kai. Speed.

If the sonic youre playing against isnt one of those six and in the last 2 years or so. Your experience is probably meaningless.

That is not what people generally consider "high level"... haha

When I hear top I think of the handful of players who are always placing in the top 4~ of majors; high level are the ones who are in their shadow and can fluctuate between like... 3rd and 16th or something. THEN comes mid level.
this is pretty accurate.

Tesh

Smash Hero
I hear good things about Kai in these conversations but never any results. Doesn't he simply place kinda "meh" while using mostly Diddy anyway?

There is alot less talent shown for weaker characters (why waste it after all). I wouldn't list anyone but Espy/X as high level.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
I hear good things about Kai in these conversations but never any results. Doesn't he simply place kinda "meh" while using mostly Diddy anyway?

There is alot less talent shown for weaker characters (why waste it after all). I wouldn't list anyone but Espy/X as high level.
He plays mostly diddy yes, but his sonic does have notable wins on the few times he does use sonic.
as players that main sonic, the only top players are espy and X, yes. the few others pretty much are high level players in certain circumstances. Im really good at being aggressive and debating here, and I have the pika, ike, and DK matchups (as well as a few others) locked up. meek represents a really defensive sonic and has his specific matchups that he performs well in. And so on and so on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom