• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official BBR Tier List v7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
Kain is the obvious exception to the rule, every character with at least some redeeming qualities has at least one of them. TKD for Fox, Kain for Wolf, Illmatic for Peach (to a lesser extent but still). One exception does not constitute as a trend.

@ Espy - The Midwest is pretty free, but at least we aren't always locked out of top three. <3

/Texas
:wolf: players have placed good for a long time. Choice and I have brought in money results as well a decent number of times.
imma woop kain's wolf's *** when i play him
tell that motha TKD to come to WHOBO 4, i'll woop it too
Don't forget me Illi bby.

:018:

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
***** i ain't scared of yo wolf's ***** *** losing to nicole n **** wahahhahahahaa
gonna take yo money too

WIFI KINGZ!

imo, Seagull you're more of a threat to me than Kain
i don't think that bro likes the peach mu too much

WHOBO 4 WILL BE HYPE

why would anyone go to SKTAR over it?
to get planked, timed out, and play on a boring japanese ruleset for 2 days?

orrrrrrrrrrr

GO TO DAVE AND BUSTERS
HAVE TWO MID TIER EVENTS
MK BANNED
TEXAS BROS

the path is obvious......

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
why would anyone go to SKTAR over it?
to get planked, timed out, and play on a boring japanese ruleset for 2 days?

orrrrrrrrrrr

GO TO DAVE AND BUSTERS
HAVE TWO MID TIER EVENTS
MK BANNED
TEXAS BROS

the path is obvious......
See, that was my reasoning, for sure.

z00ted

LMFAO yesssssss

kk, back on topic
wolf is overrated on this tier list, imo

I MEAN NOT EVEN ONE SINGLE WOLF REPRESENTED AT APEX
YET THE FOXES AND PEACHES (well, only me hueuehue) PULLED THROUGH?

AND JAPAN'S FOXES + TKD????

OUT OF THIS WORLD

Fox should be higher (definitely high tier), Peach deserves to be where she's at (or one above wolf) and Wolf should be one below Peach.

Also Game and Watch is most definitely high tier.
Even better than D3.

PMC66

Smash Journeyman
I have never really been sociable in this part of the community outside of making the odd post here and there but I wish to just say something.

I have been alot of people's opinions on Lucas being mid tier.

Now I can live with DDD in high tier I can live with ROB top of mid tier.

But please voting Lucas mid i at least understood why he wasn't low in tier list v.2 but in todays meta game regardless of representation or results or whatever. This character is garbage, I mean DDD being high is quite amusing i can laugh about it with my friends offline but, Lucas in mid you are all insane or playing a different game.

He is bad and please BBR do not make this character mid tier, I'm not saying Matchup chart v.2 is 100% accurate it isn't there alot matchups wrong but, Lucas is ranked even lower than Samus on it, for overall spread thats just flat out abominable. He is not mid tier please for love of god do not make this character mid tier this isn't 2009 it wouldn't be funny april fool's joke let alone being a representation of the current of future meta game. If anything he should either A switch places with Mario or B stay where he is.

thank you

MEOW1337KITTEH

Smash Lord
NNID
daniel7001
The matchup chart spread ranking is flawed at best. Lucas is a mid tier character, watch some Mekos or FAE and then understand. (Sorry other Lucas mains these are the only 2 I remember)

I've always put Lucas above Ness, but I have no factual evidence, I just feel like Lucas has more potential.

Oh and GnW is high tier. Japanese ruleset is boring, but doable.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Lol, Lucas is *** bro, the **** are you talking about? Hes top of Low Tier at best, and saying Lucas > Ness is a COMPLETE joke and tells me you know absolutely nothing about either character. Lucas is flawed in so many ways I could go on to write ESSAYS on it bro. Like, he's basically a character that needs to approach to do anything, has no good approaching tools, and if he's ahead has no way to stay ahead. He also gets gayed balls out by grabs and has a really hard time avoiding getting grabbed. On top of that, he has a bad camping game, his kill power, while high, comes out far too slow to be reliable, and him getting damage all relies on whether or not your opponent knows how to space, because in 90% of his MUs he gets out-ranged and out-pressured. To top all of that off, he has multiple god awful MUs like DK, Marth, and D3 just to name a few. Also, unlike Ness, he doesnt have an amazing spacing/gtfo move like Ness' fair and cant get out of pressure. All he can do is run and jump around like the whiny ***** he is and get nothing accomplished.

z00ted

These are some really annoying arguments being brought forward...
Lucas is mid tier, in my opinion.

But not much better than the likes of PT or Yoshi.

MEOW1337KITTEH

Smash Lord
NNID
daniel7001
Exactly why I said I have no factual evidence. I know that Ness is better, I just feel like Lucas has potential to rise above him with some more development.

I think Lucas should be bottom of mid, not top of low.

z00ted

lol, aside from xyro once like every year?
no

I doubt there are even enough competent lucas mains/secondaries even out there to win the majority of the events

he's not the easier character to master

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
>Lucas should be mid tier
>Lucas cant win in events of solely low tier characters

MEOW1337KITTEH

Smash Lord
NNID
daniel7001
The problem is that nobody hosts low tier tournaments. He is the game and watch of borderline imo.

And he didn't say that can't win, he said lucas mains are not very common.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
LMFAO yesssssss

kk, back on topic
wolf is overrated on this tier list, imo

I MEAN NOT EVEN ONE SINGLE WOLF REPRESENTED AT APEX
YET THE FOXES AND PEACHES (well, only me hueuehue) PULLED THROUGH?

AND JAPAN'S FOXES + TKD????

OUT OF THIS WORLD

Fox should be higher (definitely high tier), Peach deserves to be where she's at (or one above wolf) and Wolf should be one below Peach.

Also Game and Watch is most definitely high tier.
Even better than D3.
I made it to bracket. Whatchu mean?

:018:

:phone:

Cassio

Smash Master
From what it sounds like those three dont try either. Except trela maybe.

In Socal its 7-10 depending on who you include.

Doc King

Smash Lord
Thanks some of you guys for pointing out why Lucas is low tier. I mean he has a very poor metagame. No combos at all (Except situational DIable ones), slow speed for his weight, hard to land kill moves, gets comboed a lot, recovery is kind of predictable, etc.

His move list is a ****ing mess of bull**** that can't combine to make anything good out of it. He also doesn't make **** in tourney.

He has flashy **** that is useless. His flashy **** has no ****ing use and just can't combine to make ****.

Stop making mid tier so ****ing big and stop making **** characters and this ****ty unbalanced game look like a balanced and greatly designed game.

z00ted

LOL Doc King's cursing almost had me falling off of my bed.
So salty for no reason at all...

Espy, we should start trying again!
I might get seriously back into smash for that WHOBO 4 hype.
Nothing much to do in the hospital other than music/internet/games, and people visit - so I might as well!

Doc King

Smash Lord
ATTENTION!:

Everybody at whobo make Lucas lose. Find out some Lucas AT's that any character can use on him.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Grab release -> damage? That's pretty sweet, especially when the only Lucas approaches are shorthop N-Air and shorthop airdodge. Pivot grabs all day.

_Kain_

Smash Champion
Illmatic top 2 contenders for your pool into bracket was Ally and a Japanese Wario (fav MU for Peach). Pools was stupid at Apex, some were free (yours) others were hard as **** (MJG's pool, Tearbear's pool come to mind)

Free

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
I got 1st seed both times and still got matched up with Vinnie in the first round. What's up with that? >_>

PMC66

Smash Journeyman
ok I just saw the 'you should watch FAE and Mekos play' i'd just like to say one thing just because someone does well with a character does not make said character any better just because people are using them. It's like saying Bowser should be mid because Ixis placed top 8 in UK it's a flawed argument and tells people jack sh**.

Lucas is terrible i am going to say this right now but anyone who think this character is mid needs their goddam head examined, or needs serious mental therapy, or is someone who has deluded themselves because they were gutted to realise just how bad Lucas is. I don't need to make an argument for why he sucks Z gashi said it beautifully. THIS CHARACTER IS BAD SHOULD BE LOW TIER i'm saying this in capitals so you all read it, because i think that if you have problems realising this characters obvious crippling issues at tournament play you'll need the text in a bigger font to help you understand the obvious.

Lucas is low tier this isn't 2009, he is in the same tier as Mario currently that should tell you something, and the fact that his MU spread is even worse than Samuses regardless of whether it's matchup chart V.2 should highlight something. His bad matchups are all correct, don't believe me still think he's got potential? go use him yourself then maybe you'll realise how much he sucks instead of **** riding Mekos.

BSP

Smash Legend
Lucas should be excluded from low tier doubles :awesome:

Edit: I think seeing him in doubles has got me overestimating his singles potential.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom