• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Brawl Game Disc Ripping Thread: File Structure up! Stages! ATs! Roster!

Chepe

Smash Lord
Guys, I saw this thread and think this should be the one place to discuss what has been discovered in a few other threads, and I will inform you guys on what we have realized in those other threads...

It looks like you have come across the same list of code Shortfuse, which I believe means that it is legit. The one with those leftover character data right? Im sure those were characters and concepts in the game at one point before scrapped. One in particular was interesting, and that is Pra_Mai. It was deduced by someone that it probably means Plusle and Minun, whose Japanese names are Purasuru and Mainan respectively. Pura_Mai = Pra_Mai. More evidence pointing to that conclusion is that Pichu is missing from the list, and it is now apparent that the team probably created a Pichu duo that was going to be developed into a Plusle/Minun character duo before it got scrapped (probably very early on).

One shocking discovery we made was that ATs, Pokeball Pokemon, and music tracks WERE REMOVED FROM THE FINAL PRODUCT. If anyone still remembers, ATs of Sothe, Rosalina, Duster, and Pegasus Knight were seen and described at Jumpfesta and Whobby, but have so far not been seen in any video of the final version of the game and are also not in the list of code. Pokemon Metagross, Onix, Regigigas, and Shaymin were also seen in demos a month ago, and only Metagross is on the list and the only one seen in the final game so far. And Metagross does exactly what it was described to do in the demo, so it cant be all lies. Music Track "Kingdom of Bern" from Fire Emblem is also missing when it was heard in Jumpfesta/Whobby, and not in the OST that was ripped.

Here it is, evidence that stuff was completely deleted from the game when it was there just a month or two ago. It raises the question of what Sakurai and the team did that last month, and if Brawl was really rushed and more problematic to develop than we thought.

Shortfuse, Chronobound sent you a PM about this issue and we are hoping that you can answer some questions about that unfinished character data we know is in Brawl. To what extent can they be used? Since Sheik, Giga Bowser, Nana, and Warioman among others are just costume data that are all 128 in size (their move data and such is in their counterpart's file, apparent by Zelda's abnormally large file), theres a possibility that those cut characters have a Brawl model...

Roy-Kun

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2337-4154-9016
Other fighters were in at some point and then removed. Partial data remains but not enough to hack them back in:
\RSBJ01\effect\fighter\ef_dixie.pac
\RSBJ01\effect\fighter\ef_dr_mario.pac
\RSBJ01\effect\fighter\ef_mewtwo.pac
\RSBJ01\effect\fighter\ef_pra_mai.pac
\RSBJ01\effect\fighter\ef_roy.pac
\RSBJ01\effect\fighter\ef_toon_sheik.pac
\RSBJ01\effect\fighter\ef_toon_zelda.pac
Heh, so Roy, Dr. Mario and Mewtwo were planned to be in.

Dr. Mario would be the only one that would disturb me... but why they took off Roy and Mewtwo? T_T

...Hang on a second, did I just saw Shadow in the AT list?

DeuceBlade

Smash Champion
One shocking discovery we made was that ATs, Pokeball Pokemon, and music tracks WERE REMOVED FROM THE FINAL PRODUCT. If anyone still remembers, ATs of Sothe, Rosalina, Duster, and Pegasus Knight were seen and described at Jumpfesta and Whobby, but have so far not been seen in any video of the final version of the game and are also not in the list of code. Pokemon Metagross, Onix, Regigigas, and Shaymin were also seen in demos a month ago, and only Metagross is on the list and the only one seen in the final game so far. And Metagross does exactly what it was described to do in the demo, so it cant be all lies. Music Track "Kingdom of Bern" from Fire Emblem is also missing when it was heard in Jumpfesta/Whobby, and not in the OST that was ripped.

Here it is, evidence that stuff was completely deleted from the game when it was there just a month or two ago. It raises the question of what Sakurai and the team did that last month, and if Brawl was really rushed and more problematic to develop than we thought.

Shortfuse, Chronobound sent you a PM about this issue and we are hoping that you can answer some questions about that unfinished character data we know is in Brawl. To what extent can they be used? Since Sheik, Giga Bowser, Nana, and Warioman among others are just costume data that are all 128 in size (their move data and such is in their counterpart's file, apparent by Zelda's abnormally large file), theres a possibility that those cut characters have a Brawl model...
That discovery is very shocking.. I don't see the logic in taking fully coded and finished programs and then completely scrapping them... There has to be some reason for this... especially since they were already shown in a demo..

espio87

Smash Ace
shortfuse, one quick question. one which would confirm my fears: the disc you decrypted, can you confirm you decrypted both layers of the disc? as you might recall, the game disc was made dual layered to increase capacity. now what if you weren't able to decrypt the second layer, and it contains the missing music tracks, ATs and pokeballs?

Luigi player

Smash Master
So Mewtwo could've been in? NOOOOO! ;_; Why is it out, that's really sad...

Is it possible to see models from Mewtwo, Roy etc.? If so, could you take pictures of them, or is this impossible?

Roy-Kun

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2337-4154-9016
...I wonder if the removed things, are actually planned for the World-Wide release?

I think that would make SSBB Japanese-Owners went mad.

Zevox

Smash Lord
Okay, am I blind, or is that AT list missing the Andross one confirmed on the Dojo?
Edit: And Lakitu too.

Zevox

espio87

Smash Ace
Okay, am I blind, or is that AT list missing the Andross one confirmed on the Dojo?

Zevox
exactly my point, I think that only one layer of the game disc was decrypted, which would explain why some ATs and pokeballs and music pieces are missing, maybe they're on the other layer

celebi23

Smash Cadet
If the rest of the missing things are on the 2nd layer, then the following missing music should be on there as well. It'd be a little odd to remove a ton of music & not rename the tracks.

Missing Super Smash Bros. Brawl Tracks

Super Mario Bros
A11
A12
A18
A19

The Legend of Zelda
C06

Yoshi
E04

StarFox
G06

Fire Emblem
J01
J05

Mother/EarthBound
K02
K03
K04
K06

WarioWare
M14

Animal Crossing
N04

NES Classics
Q03

Nintendo DS, Wii & Various other games
R01

Metal Gear
S01
S09

Super Smash Bros. and Victory Themes
T04

Sonic The Hedgehog
U05

Super Smash Bros. Brawl General Themes
X14

Subspace Emissary
Y06
Y12

Victory Themes and Various Short Clips
Z09
Z12
Z13
Z14
Z15
Z19
Z20
Z24
Z26 - Z34
Z36 - Z45
Z48
Z49
Z52
Z53

UncleGrandfather

Smash Cadet
Is there any way that the final version of the game will be changed significantly when it is released in the U.S.? Maybe some of the data that is missing was just cut from the Japanese version of the game and the development teams are working to get as much of it into the American version as they can.
Is there any way that that could be true?

Anyways, I'm completely amazed that all those characters were taken out. I would definitely be interested in what is actually included in the data for them. If it can be salvaged at all I would like to see what they would have been like.

Excellent find. Can someone post a link to the other threads that are disscussing this?

Roy-Kun

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2337-4154-9016

Zevox
Pretty much.

Maybe it's in that dual layer thing. But it's still disturbing, isn't it?

ShortFuse

Smash Lord
I think it is a dual layer issue. I think the WiiBrowse isn't compatible with Dual Layer.

Darkfur

Abbey Recorder
sneaking low to the ground, ready to pounce
there's only one way to figure it out. shortfuse, you got yourself a copy of SSBB right? try in training mode to summon all the Ats possible and see if duster or rosalina appear
But isn't it safe to say this simply because of Andross and Lakitu, as both of them are in the game, but not on that list. Correct? I remember seeing a vid with Lakitu in it, though I haven't seen Andross yet.

Shishou

Smash Apprentice
Since we have so many clones(Or rather, semi-clones) I bet they cut all those characters just so that it wouldn't look like they put so many clones in.

But if they were gonna give us clones anyways... We might as well have had a big roster full of them. Roy(Marth), Mewtwo(Lucario), Dixie(Diddy-Luigified?), Dr. Mario(Mario), Toon Sheik/Zelda(Zelda/Sheik)... Iunno who Mai is.

KoopaKoot

Smash Apprentice
Wow. Toon Sheik? I hope there will be downloadable updates on the Wii shopping channel. Probably not though. thanks for all your hard work. :)

Hyenator

Smash Cadet
\RSBJ01\effect\assist\ef_jugem.pac = Lakitu?
\RSBJ01\effect\assist\ef_cyborg.pac = (Cyborg) Andross?

GenG

Smash Lord
Is it possible to know if the english voice clips are in the Japanese Brawl disc too?

SuperLink9

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperLink9
Hmm. You're right! Andross isnt there! Unless Andross is somehow under Ridley, because I don't believe we've seen a Ridley assist trophy.

Are we onto something? :S

Personally I don't know about this whole dual-layer thing. We havn't seen any screenshots yet of stuff that should be in the game but isn't on this list. As in, we havn't heard any mysterious music, or Assist Trophies (dunno about the Andross thing though...

Very very strange. Maybe it isn't over *I think it is though*

.:Alex:.

Smash Cadet
Pra_Mai is supposedly Plusle and Minun. A Pichu replacment duo. Would have been interesting.

Toon Zelda we've seen and gotten to know in The Wind Waker. Toon Sheik would indeed be weird though... Let's hope some textures and models are still in the files!

celebi23

Smash Cadet
Ok, I've got the dual layer ISO but, can't mount it with anything. Anyone know how to decrypt it?

SuperLink9

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperLink9
This is exciting.

So, how much are we willing to bet there's actually nothing on it? :(

FlipTroopa

Smash Lord
Andross is listed as an item and not an AT, I thought.

Jugem is Lakitu, Rosetta is Rosalina, Kuriri is Jill. FYI.

But that doesn't excuse the fishy goings-ons. Where the hell did Sothe go? Where's Onix? Yoshi's 2nd trophy? And are there seriously no Kid Icarus trophies other than Pit himself?

Fierce Deitys

Smash Rookie
I say we stop the "cut" AT dillema until the game goes out here. Maybe some people just didn't upload a video with him. Only then will we be able to see every AT/Item/Pokemon that's in the game.

•Col•

Smash Champion
Andross wasn't cut... He's on the list. Plus, I've seen a recent video with him in it...

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Ok, trying to compile wiifuse http://wiibrew.org/index.php?title=Wiifuse. It allows you to mount the ISO as a read-only volume. Haven't had any luck with the Windows apps for decrypting it so, gonna give it a go with xCode on Mac OS X. Hopefully will post some findings soon. :(
Ugh, I wonder why no one has revealed the contents to Brawl's second layer. This sure does look like one tough shell to crack... :ohwell:

GaryCXJk

Smash Lord
I'm a little doubtful of the WarioWare stage. Are you sure ef_StgCrayon.pac is the WarioWare stage and not ef_StgMadein.pac?

Top Bottom