• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Brawl Game Disc Ripping Thread: File Structure up! Stages! ATs! Roster!

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
I have to say that today I was very intrigued by the thought of possibly having the full OST in several days...

ShortFuse

Smash Lord
*First posted updated*

Zako = Alloy before you people start with "zOMG!!! More than 35!!!1!!~!!one"

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
What's the status on the soundtrack, and will people be able to convert them to mp3?

ShortFuse

Smash Lord
What's the status on the soundtrack, and will people be able to convert them to mp3?
i don't have the image yet but i'll probably have it by tomorrow. the developer of in_cube will probably do something to get it to work and from then i'll see what i can do. the status is... i don't have the disc/image yet.

Xane

Smash Journeyman
NNID
XaneFeather
3DS FC
3866-8124-2065
i don't have the image yet but i'll probably have it by tomorrow. the developer of in_cube will probably do something to get it to work and from then i'll see what i can do. the status is... i don't have the disc/image yet.
Can't wait to get my hand on the Soundtrack...
But I'm just interested in the original *.DSP files..
Could you upload them aswell? ^^;

I could help convert them to MP3/OGG and upload on my space for direct fullspeed download, if anyone wants.

And I don't think, that those "*.pac" are actual sound-effects.
They wouldn't have 1mb each, even in raw PCM data.
I think, they're mostly some model/animation or misc data.

espio87

Smash Ace
if you get the image by tomorrow then it will be awesome. I predict that the entire soundtrack will be composed of 80+ songs.

GenG

Smash Lord
Holy ****.

Thinking that I could have the whole soundtrack in the following days gives me shivers.

Epsilon52

Smash Champion
nice find on the ripped cd. thxs so much for this find. looks like we can finally put to rest all thoughts of other characters and focus on the rest of the game.

Looks like future hacks will be able to provide us with playable fighting alloy team, giga bowser, and warioman. Looks to be the folder is split with the

MotionEtc-animations, also being the largest file
Final- final smash data, whihc explains how easily fox, falco, adn wolf were given landmaster tanks. it was a simple copy and paste method. same for ness and lucas.
i dont know what the rest are but my guess is color outfits for the 00-dark selections

this means we will be able to theoretically assign different final smash to different characters. Cross your fingers for a low crash rate.

very nice find.

Fawriel

Smash Master
So, any news on the music yet?
Once it's ripped, it would probably be best to distribute it via torrents... though admittedly I have no idea how one goes about creating a torrent file.

Thino

Smash Master
I'd love to have the soundtrack , there are so many good tracks in this already i already heard , I want that Master Hand Music lol

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
On the bottom of the roster, what is this zakoball, zakoboy, zakochild, zakogirl, yeah?

Otherwise yeah, pretty cool accomplishment with the whole thing decrypted and such.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Ah, so it probably wouldn't be too hard in the future to go through like a debug menu to play the alloys huh?

munsif

Smash Cadet
if the gannon charcter is only 18 mb then it would be possible for downloadable charcters as some n64 games are of that size. pokemon stadium 2 was 40 mb i think so it would definately be possible.

Drclaw411

Smash Lord
where is sandbag on the character list? master hand? crazy hand? all the subspace enemies? the bosses? anybody who could be action replayed playable should be on there

Thino

Smash Master
zako are alloys , it was also the japanese name of fighting polygon team in ssb64
well i guess other chacter arent AR'able

Aryman

Smash Master
3DS FC
1934-0665-4529
Torrents are good for the music but please put it on Rapidshare too. Some of us don't do torrents.

Chaosblade77

Smash Lord
Hate torrents but I could live with that. Rapidshare/megaupload would be better though.

And ShortFuse, if those are only sound effects then where would the data like the model be, or would you not be able to access that easily? I have no idea how that kind of thing would be stored on the disk, but I am interested because there is a character model from another game that I'd like to get...

Kokichi

Skia Oura
BRoomer
What kind of pictures can you rip from the game disc? Any of them high quality? We could use some for new avatars, chi :)

Epsilon52

Smash Champion
with the absense of the actual full rip, we cant disconfirm the "bosses" as hackable characters just yet. They can always be under a different folder with similar code. PLus The debug menu has yet to be found if its even present. lets hope so.

antimatter

Smash Lord
can you make assist trophies into characters? i know nothing about this kind of thing yet, though i am starting a computer programming class.

Epsilon52

Smash Champion
most liekly not...they are coded as items im sure. and items arent playable. they are shootable though...for instance- i went as far as to having my samus shoot goombas and my sheik shoot unkownws as needles in smash.

Ripped

Smash Cadet
if you could get the soundtrack ripped and possibly uploaded, that would be godly.

Thanks in advance if you do.

Top Bottom