• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Character Palette Swap Thread (WINNER ANNOUNCED/NEW TOPIC!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
and here's some for bubbles from clu clu land

the blue one is supposed to be based on the unira

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Any specific colors you'd like?

In the mean time, Kid Icarus' Fighter:
[collapse="Fighter"]

Yellow Fighter - Regular
White Fighter - Light Team
Black Fighter - Dark Team
Blue, Green, Red Fighters - Team colors for Team battles.

Note that not recoloring his weapon isn't me being lazy, but keeping with the Smash Bros. theme - look at Samus, Pit, Fox or Ike - none of them have their weapons recolored.[/collapse]
The colors for Takamaru would be red, blue, green, Captain Rainbow Takamaru colors, yellow, & Kuromaru (black/darkside).

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
not my best pain job but, here's some for fawful

bottom left is dark fawful, bottom middle is cackaletta and bottom right is that pink outfit of his

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
If someone could, a Paper Mario or Ghirahim color swap would be great. i'd request others but they've been done. Nice work guys! These look great so far

Onyx Oblivian

Smash Journeyman

Here is my Paper Mario recolors :)

Explanation:

1. Standard

2. "L Emblem" Luigi Outfit

3. Standard Mario "Blue" for teams.

4. "W Emblem" Wario Outfit

5. "L+W Emblem" Waluigi Outfit

5. Doopliss Shadow Mario! :)

EDIT: Definitely thought I edited the first post :o Sorry for the double post haha

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Did Luigi ever have a Mario palette swap before? Also, he's lacking his manly red-and-pink costume that he's had since SSB64.

Edit: Is the Black Luigi referencing anything?
I don't think so. Anyway, I often thought it was awkward for Luigi to be wearing pink, so I replaced that outfit with the one that references Mario.

On a side note, in Brawl, the Fire Luigi outfit replaced the outfit that referenced Luigi's appearance in Super Mario Bros..

Regarding the Black Luigi, that's Flying Luigi, one of Luigi's forms. Flying Luigi appeared in Super Mario Galaxy, and he has the same properties as Flying Mario.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
TBH, both the mario and luigi ones with the overall colors with their usual shirt colors, the blue shirt would look better darker instead of aqua

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I don't think so. Anyway, I often thought it was awkward for Luigi to be wearing pink, so I replaced that outfit with the one that references Mario.

On a side note, in Brawl, the Fire Luigi outfit replaced the outfit that referenced Luigi's appearance in Super Mario Bros..

Regarding the Black Luigi, that's Flying Luigi, one of Luigi's forms. Flying Luigi appeared in Super Mario Galaxy, and he has the same properties as Flying Mario.
Black Mario/Luigi reminds me of their original SMB3 sprites.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Make the buttons flesh colored and you'd be right.

TBH it's the color of the buttons that is bugging me about those ones

(and the color of the hat is wrong as well, IF it were suppose to be SMB3)

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Well, those recolors are more meant to reference Flying Mario and Flying Luigi, but I can see why you thought that they referenced Super Mario Bros. 3.

The only differences between them is the hat colors, but apart from that, the resemblance is quite amusing.

Why did you get rid of the orange alt? I always use that when I play Luigi!
I didn't want to, but I wanted to keep Fire Luigi and the Waluigi reference, and there's also Flying Luigi that I had in mind. The other colors are designed for team battles.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Can we do requests? If so, I'd like to suggest some colors for Bandana Dee:

Blue body w/ White Bandana(Knuckle Joe Reference)
Light Green body (Reference to green palette swap in Return to Dreamland)
Purple body & Mask (Reference to Purple Waddle Dee's from Canvas Curse)
Yellow/Golden Body(Reference to Golden Waddle Dees from Squeak Squad/Mass Attack)
Black & White palette (Like the one Kirby has)

Except for that first palette, I don't really care about the color of the bandana in each palette.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Scoliosis Jones, I will take up Ghirahim! Give me a few days to work on the palette swaps. Do you have any preferences for color schemes?

Very good pictures everyone! They all look fantastic! Later today, I will be splitting the characters up by franchises in order to avoid confusion. I added up all of the new pictures that were posted up until now!

EDIT: Everything has been organized by franchises. I put Takamaru, Balloon Fighter, Bubbles, Prince Sable, and Duck Hunt Dog under Retro and Pac-Man and Amaterasu under 3rd Party

Oh, question. Should Kamek go under Super Mario Bros. or Yoshi? I am in a pickle about it.

Here are a few I did!

[COLLAPSE="Prince Sable"]

Blue Prince Sab;e - Based off Ike`s color scheme
Green Prince Sable - Based off Link`s color scheme.
Black Prince Sable - Based of Dark Link`s color scheme.
Grey Prince Sable - Based off Marth`s color scheme.
Purple Prince Sable - Based off Krom`s color scheme
[/COLLAPSE]

[COLLAPSE="Skull Kid"]

Red and Orange Skull Kid
Purple and Pink Skull Kid
Blue and Green Skull Kid
Twilight Princess Skull Kid - Slightly based off his color scheme from TP.
Dark Skull Kid - A dark color scheme in the same vein as the Dark color schemes for all LoZ characters.
[/COLLAPSE]

[COLLAPSE="Toon Zelda"]

Red Toon Zelda
Blue Toon Zelda
OoT Toon Zelda
Green Toon Zelda
Dark Toon Zelda
All of Toon Zelda`s color schemes were taken from the SSBB Zelda color swaps.
[/COLLAPSE]

EDIT: I added my explanations.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
@Onyx those are great skins. i had the same idea as far as referencing the emblems from Thousand Year Door. Very Nice!

@Venus i have no preference. do as you please, as im excited to see what you can come up with. Surprise me!

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Open requests? Nice. Some Muddy Mole ones would be nice. I'd dig them.

Ba dum tsh...

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Victini Colors

I miss my old Paint.Net program. I can't find my 3D Victini color swaps I made a long time ago, but here's a bunch of different Victini color ideas.

This one's my (obvious) favorite.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
@Venus i have no preference. do as you please, as im excited to see what you can come up with. Surprise me!
Alright, I just finished with some color swaps and after I put them up, I will start with Ghirahim. Expect them in a few days.

As well, I added a few new criteria on the OP:

• Multiple color swaps of the same character is permitted.
  • Color swaps for possible character costumes is permitted. I listed examples on the OP.

Jigglover, would you like to request color swaps for Dry Bowser seeing as you put him up on the first page?

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
here's yet an other from me, this time it's meowth

the red one is ment to be his shiny form

splat

Smash Lord
Here is my Paper Mario recolors :)
I love these palette swaps! I'm no fan of Paper Mario, but wow! Nice :D

Also,

[collapse="Stanley the Bugman"]

Original artwork used for this palette swap. I'd like to have this link to go along with these swaps, as his art is really nice and should be seen more :)

Blue Stanley - Regular palette, as seen in Donkey Kong 3.
Red Stanley - Stanley is said to be the cousin of Mario; I gave him his colors.
Green Stanley - He works in a greenhouse. He's somewhat cloaked with these colors :p
Brown Stanley - Based on his appearance in the Saturday Suparcade.
Black Stanley - Based on his colors in Donkey Kon 3 (Game & Watch).
Yellow Stanley - He's an exterminator - I thought exterminators wore bright yellow/orange suits, so I gave him one, too.
[/collapse]

jigglover

Smash Lord
Jigglover, would you like to request color swaps for Dry Bowser seeing as you put him up on the first page?
Dry bowser was supposed to be a palette swap for bowser, I thought I put that in the post.

Also, Kamek is definitely a Yoshi character, I even put him in my yoshi thread!

I would like to request some shy guy, Baby bros. and baby bowser (not bowser jr, he has a clean bib and is smaller) do I can use them on my thread. Whoever created the Kamek swaps, could I please use them on my yoshi character thread please?

For shy guy, I would like the regular colours from Yoshi's island DS, that would be red (obviously) Blue, a light-ish green, yellow, pink and blacky-grey.
I'd like one baby bros costume to resemble Plusle and Minun, and another Ice climbers, then you can do what you want. Just do whatever you want with baby bowser, Though try to do different palettes to bowser junior please.

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
I love these palette swaps! I'm no fan of Paper Mario, but wow! Nice :D

Also,

[collapse="Stanley the Bugman"]

Original artwork used for this palette swap. I'd like to have this link to go along with these swaps, as his art is really nice and should be seen more :)

Blue Stanley - Regular palette, as seen in Donkey Kong 3.
Red Stanley - Stanley is said to be the cousin of Mario; I gave him his colors.
Green Stanley - He works in a greenhouse. He's somewhat cloaked with these colors :p
Brown Stanley - Based on his appearance in the Saturday Suparcade.
Black Stanley - Based on his colors in Donkey Kon 3 (Game & Watch).
Yellow Stanley - He's an exterminator - I thought exterminators wore bright yellow/orange suits, so I gave him one, too.
[/collapse]
Nice color palette, and the artist made a good 3D Stanley. Has anyone made a thread for him yet?

:phone:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Dry bowser was supposed to be a palette swap for bowser, I thought I put that in the post.

Also, Kamek is definitely a Yoshi character, I even put him in my yoshi thread!

I would like to request some shy guy, Baby bros. and baby bowser (not bowser jr, he has a clean bib and is smaller) do I can use them on my thread. Whoever created the Kamek swaps, could I please use them on my yoshi character thread please?
Alright, I will change Kamek to being Yoshi. I finished a Baby Mario and Baby Luigi palette swap a while ago and waiting till I am done with a few more to post them up. I would consider Dry Bowser more of a costume than a palette swap; much like how Wario had his original outfit PLUS palette swap.

For shy guy, I would like the regular colours from Yoshi's island DS, that would be red (obviously) Blue, a light-ish green, yellow, pink and blacky-grey.
I'd like one baby bros costume to resemble Plusle and Minun, and another Ice climbers, then you can do what you want. Just go mad with baby bowser, make him colourful and multi-coloured or whatever, I want it to look A LOT different to Bowser jr.'s so it would be very spottable if it gets in the game with bowser jr. (just imagine).
I can see what I can do about Shy Guys after I am done with Ghirahim. However, I am not the best at 3D modeling nor anyone else. I am not sure if people can fill out that request since, creating an entire costume altogether would require some 3D modeling or finding previous 3D model of the ice climbers or P and M. However, that looks a little awkward due to the different posturing of the 3D models.

Oh, wait....do you want the Baby Bros to have the colors of P and M and the ice Climbers or a full on costume like Tanooki Mario? If the latter, that is beyond my abilities.

jigglover

Smash Lord
Alright, I will change Kamek to being Yoshi. I finished a Baby Mario and Baby Luigi palette swap a while ago and waiting till I am done with a few more to post them up. I would consider Dry Bowser more of a costume than a palette swap; much like how Wario had his original outfit PLUS palette swap.

I can see what I can do about Shy Guys after I am done with Ghirahim. However, I am not the best at 3D modeling nor anyone else. I am not sure if people can fill out that request since, creating an entire costume altogether would require some 3D modeling or finding previous 3D model of the ice climbers or P and M. However, that looks a little awkward due to the different posturing of the 3D models.

Oh, wait....do you want the Baby Bros to have the colors of P and M and the ice Climbers or a full on costume like Tanooki Mario? If the latter, that is beyond my abilities.
The former with the baby bros, though I suppose Baby mario would have to be alighter red than usual with Plusle, wouldn't he? I'm not certain how it works, but if you find 3D-model of shy guy, wouldn't you just have to change the colour of his hoodie (or whatever it is) to the colours previously listed?

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Shy Guy is entirely possible: regardless of a 3D model. However, I am unable to alter a pre-existing model such as Baby Mario to have a Plusie costume on.

But if you just want a color scheme to imitate Plusie, Minus, and the Ice Climbers; that's easy to do. I'll see what I can do.

:phone:

jigglover

Smash Lord
A colour scheme is good for baby bros., and I had a look at the OP and noticed the dry bowser rule, I didn't think about Wario's costumes when I put it down but yes, I would like to request some dry bowser palettes, I don't have any preferences, unless you can represent dry bones somehow, but I don't know if that's possible.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
here's some for ashley robbins from another code

top middle is matthew crouse from another code r
bottom left is her mother sayoko
bottom middle is her father richard
bottom right is based on her outfit from the first game

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Here is the Ghirahim request for Scoliosis Jones! Addtionally, here is Baby Mario and Luigi palette swaps and a Zoroark palette swap. Jigglover, I will start on your Baby Mario and Luigi requests.

[COLLAPSE="Ghirahim Palette Swap 1"]

Pink Ghirahim
Blue and Green Ghirahim
Green and Brown Ghirahim
Red and Grey Ghirahim
Black and White Ghirahim
[/COLLAPSE]

[COLLAPSE="Ghirahim Palette Swap 2"]
[/COLLAPSE]

[COLLAPSE="Baby Mario and Luigi"]
[/COLLAPSE]

[COLLAPSE="Zoroark"]
[/COLLAPSE]

jigglover

Smash Lord
M&SG, I definitely think that your blue ones are the best, especially on Emboar. Though Servine's shape really compliments your red swap, Oshawott is blue as well, it's a nicer shade than normal anyway. Thos palettes are done incredibly well.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
M&SG, I definitely think that your blue ones are the best, especially on Emboar. Though Servine's shape really compliments your red swap, Oshawott is blue as well, it's a nicer shade than normal anyway. Thos palettes are done incredibly well.
Amusingly, the blue recolors do reference the shiny colorations that Oshawott, Servine, and Emboar have.

Anyway, because the default colors can't be utilized in team battles in this scenario, there's an alternate blue coloration for Oshawott, an alternate green coloration for Servine, and a more red coloration for Emboar.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom