• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Code Q&A + Requests

SSD

Smash Journeyman
Okay, I just did a search in the thread and didn't get any results, so...

Is it possible to bring back the shield density from melee?

Zodac

Smash Journeyman
Again, it doesn't affect old replays, you have to save new ones with the code on. Also, the reason why your B+ matches may be messed up is because you're not watching them with the same code set on (you have to have the same code set on down to the very letter).
i made a new replay specifically to test the tag code, i did not work (i think i was using comtroller port 3 could have something to do with it).
Then later, i checked some old replays and they were screwed up.

Rikana

Smash Champion
Okay, I just did a search in the thread and didn't get any results, so...

Is it possible to bring back the shield density from melee?
By that do you mean light shield? If so, that's not possible. Brawl doesn't recognize the springs in the GC controller because Brawl was made to play with the classic controller as well.

Anyways, was wondering if Ledge Cancel code was possible? Any aerial (whether be it dAir, fAir, bAir, or uAir) or upB's to be canceled upon encountering the edge after the peak of it's jump.

SCOTU

Smash Hero
By that do you mean light shield? If so, that's not possible. Brawl doesn't recognize the springs in the GC controller because Brawl was made to play with the classic controller as well.

Anyways, was wondering if Ledge Cancel code was possible? Any aerial (whether be it dAir, fAir, bAir, or uAir) or upB's to be canceled upon encountering the edge after the peak of it's jump.
edge cancels would be **** in brawl cause you slide wicked far on landing, making them really easy to do. o man that would be a fun game... for 45 minutes.

MK26

Smash Master
http://www.mediafire.com/?zj2oddmz0yy for ZSS fix!
Does anone know if the tags in replays code also stores taunts?
Im pretty sure it doesn't, but if it does ignore this post.

Im assuming that now a tags in replays code is out, it wouldn't be too difficult to store the data for taunt messages in replays? If anyone could make a code for it I'd be very grateful.

Also, my custom CSS code isn't working... I followed all the instructions but for some reason it crashes when I try to load the CSS.

0668310C 00000030
387E006C 3B600000
3C808068 38840DE0
7CBB20AE 7CA50775
41800014 94A30004
3B7B0001 2C1B0032
4180FFE8 48000038
04690338 48000068
066900d8 00000008
2C170028 41820168
02680DE0 0022FFFF
06680DE0 0000002D
000C0203 0607081B
1209150E 04161323
5D170D01 0F0B1F25
205E1005 1A141911
27185C22 2828240A
21262928 28000000

It should look like...

Mario | Bowser| Link | Samus | Kirby | Fax* | Pika | PT | G&W
Luigi | Wario | Zelda | ZSS | Meta | Flaco | Jigg | Squit | Pit
Peach| DK | Shiek | Ness | D3 | Wolf | Luca | Ivysaur | Ice Climbers
Yoshi | Diddy | Ganon | Lucas | Marth | Sonic | Olimar | Char | ROB
None | None | Toon | Falcon | Ike | Snake | Random | None | None
Do you have unique zelda icon, custom random, css fix for Zelda/Shiek+Samus/ZSS, giga&company fix, and indy pokes engine?
If you do, are you going over the 256-line limit?

Tags in replays doesn't store taunts.

======

Is it possible to make a code that can fix Zero Suit Samus' really squished name in her CSS icon (maybe shorten it to ZSS or display it on two lines like most other long names)?

auroreon

Smash Ace
Do you have unique zelda icon, custom random, css fix for Zelda/Shiek+Samus/ZSS, giga&company fix, and indy pokes engine?
If you do, are you going over the 256-line limit?

Tags in replays doesn't store taunts.

======

Is it possible to make a code that can fix Zero Suit Samus' really squished name in her CSS icon (maybe shorten it to ZSS or display it on two lines like most other long names)?

Im using all the required codes, but Im not using custom random, what would I need custom random for... I put random after all the other characters.

SCOTU

Smash Hero
if you're using any "none" characters, or any additional randoms, not using the custom random can cause it to mess up.

Teh Future

Smash Master
Can someone direct me to the thread that tells you how to get homebrew? The thread the TC linked to doesn't work.

edit: im blind, just found it.

edit again: lol is there anywhere where I can get instructions, since apparently smashboards can't post it anymore(?)

lol nevermind

ratts

Smash Apprentice
is there anyway to alter the default control set up? like to turn tap hopping off by default.

SCOTU

Smash Hero
Can someone direct me to the thread that tells you how to get homebrew? The thread the TC linked to doesn't work.

edit: im blind, just found it.

edit again: lol is there anywhere where I can get instructions, since apparently smashboards can't post it anymore(?)

lol nevermind
the resource for which you ask is commonly known as google.

jokey665

Smash Ace
I've searched but did not find what I was looking for so I'll ask here.

Is there a code to disable Bob-ombs from dropping during a Sudden-Death match? Is that even possible?
On this note, could somebody make a code to have bombs drop during normal matches like they do in sudden death? I would love you forever if you made this.

Zodac

Smash Journeyman
we need a character board for brawl+, just one forum for all characters, people are starting to get pissed at people posting stuff on the regulaer brawl char forums.

is any one working on falcon kick double jump code?

Ochobobo

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1075-1052-5472
I haven't tried it, but is it possible to have more than one Brawl gct file on your SD card to choose from in Ocarina?

For example if I wanted to try out Brawl+ but also sometimes go back to normal with small codes still turned on, such as being able to save replays longer than 3 minutes.

auroreon

Smash Ace
if you're using any "none" characters, or any additional randoms, not using the custom random can cause it to mess up.
Ah, ok thanks for that. Got it working now.

Is there a PAL version of the default settings mod and default CPU level mod out there?

Xaej

Smash Cadet
I have a code request that doesn't SEEM to difficult at least.

This is only a request, I have no intention of suggesting it for the Brawlplussery official competitive codelist.

Would it be possible to change the spawn invincibility time to zero? That way as soon as you respawn from being KO'd you can be hurt again?

Thanks in advance!

TommyDerMeister

Smash Lord
we need a character board for brawl+, just one forum for all characters, people are starting to get pissed at people posting stuff on the regulaer brawl char forums.
I totally agree with us getting our own boards. If i remember correctly, one of the back rooms is discussing whether we will get them or not.

is any one working on falcon kick double jump code?
I requested a DJ code after Ganon+Falcon's DownBs a couple of pages back, I havn't heard anything about it since then. But I was told that it is possible to make the code, at the time there was a line space issue, now there really isn't an issue with that. Hopefully it will get made.

EDIT: forgot about this one, lol

I haven't tried it, but is it possible to have more than one Brawl gct file on your SD card to choose from in Ocarina?

For example if I wanted to try out Brawl+ but also sometimes go back to normal with small codes still turned on, such as being able to save replays longer than 3 minutes.
You can have more than one GCT file the SD Card, you just need to make sure that GCT that you DO want use is labeled correctly (RSBE01.gct) and the other can be labeled whatever. Just make sure to switch the name to RSBE01.gct for whichever codeset you want to use.

Ochobobo

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1075-1052-5472
You can have more than one GCT file the SD Card, you just need to make sure that GCT that you DO want use is labeled correctly (RSBE01.gct) and the other can be labeled whatever. Just make sure to switch the name to RSBE01.gct for whichever codeset you want to use.
Ah okay, thanks.

I was hoping for some way to keep both on there and be able to choose between the two on my Wii, so I wouldn't have to go always go back and edit the SD card files on my computer.

(There's no Homebrew app that can rename files is there? lol)

TommyDerMeister

Smash Lord
There is a Wii Code Manager, but it doesn't work. I tried using it, and people where telling me just to use the PC Code Manager.

TommyDerMeister

Smash Lord
I never got it to work, when I asked about it they told me to not use it.

So I guess try finding the Wii Code Manager and see if it works for you Ochobobo.

Rajam

Smash Champion
i dont know if this goes here, but i'll ask anyways:

When you watch your replays, from a SD card for example, is it possible to change the tag names? Like it always shows in the form: mm/dd/yyyy 03:15 (time); can you change it to something like: "Rajam vs XYZ , Tournament ABC 1st round" or anything like that

When i put the SD card on the pc, the replays are saved in a .bin extension at the folder rp; the videos are named rp_123456_7890 ; if i delete the word rp the video can't be seen, if i name the file something like rp_Rajam, some weird numbers appear instead of the text i put....

So, is there anyway to change the names to the replays?

Wiwiweb

Smash Journeyman
Can someone port the 3-lines Infinite Replay Code to PAL ?
The 1-line code doesn't show the "Press Z for replay" icon, while the 3-lines code does.
I tried to port it myself but I don't get it. Comparing both 1-line codes, the offset isn't E220 as it's supposed to be.

Here are all the infinite replay codes :

Code:
Infinite replay [NTSC] (1 line)
040EB804 60000000

Infinite replay [NTSC] (3 lines)
040E5DE8 60000000
04953184 60000000
04953224 60000000

------------------------------------

Infinite replay [PAL] (1 line)
040ED354 60000000
Thanks.

Oondivinezin

Smash Rookie
I haven't seen this yet but... I was wondering if someone had the GSC code by Phantom_Wings. If you could post that for me, I'd very much appreciate it.

raam_carmine

Smash Rookie
PW dynamic sd loader pal

i need someone to port the dynamic sd loader so it will work on pal. i would contribute but i dont have a USB Gecko. if someone can tlel me how to edit the code without using USB Gecko i would glady help.

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801
I dont know whether I'm allowed to ask this but...

Can I still play Twilight Princess normally after I've softmodded my Wii? I want to play Brawl+, but I don't want any problems after.

Xaej

Smash Cadet
I have a code request that doesn't SEEM to difficult at least.

This is only a request, I have no intention of suggesting it for the Brawlplussery official competitive codelist.

Would it be possible to change the spawn invincibility time to zero? That way as soon as you respawn from being KO'd you can be hurt again?

Thanks in advance!
Hey guys, just reiterating my above post/request.

I'm not expecting any kind of an immediate response or anything, but if it's not going to be done, I'd at least like to be told "no" so I don't keep coming, checking, and hoping lol.

Anyway, felt it kinda got overlooked last time, so if anyone can possibly help me here, that would be fantastic.

If not, thanks anyway!

Almas

Smash Lord
As noble as the intent of the thread is, it's success is somewhat reliant on the willingness of Brawl coders to write these codes. Which I don't really think is large. Myself and spunit are the only coders who frequent this board, and there are only 3-4 others in total.

It actually isn't essential to have a USB Gecko to port codes - it's usually done by comparing memory dumps. However, it is fairly necessary to have a firm grasp of Brawl's memory structure as well as the PPC set of ASM opcodes. If you're interested feel free to PM me.

Porting the texture hack codes is certainly on my to-do list, but they aren't really high up there, and I do have other things to do.

Wiwiweb

Smash Journeyman
Could you answer my request ? It shouldn't take more than 2 mins, I'm just lacking info to port the 3-lines infinite replay code.

Code:
Infinite replay [NTSC] (1 line)
040EB804 60000000

Infinite replay [NTSC] (3 lines)
040E5DE8 60000000
04953184 60000000
04953224 60000000

------------------------------------

Infinite replay [PAL] (1 line)
040ED354 60000000
I know that 04xxxxxx is the write code, so in theory, I should just have to add E220 to the address, but it doesn't work.
Also, when comparing both 1-line codes, the offset isn't E220.

Code:
PAL  : 0ED354
-
NTSC : 0EB804
=
1B50
Should I use 1B50 as an offset to port the 3-lines code ?

Almas

Smash Lord
The E220 thing is only valid for addresses in MEM2 (that is, above 90000000). Those codes are modifying the ASM of the game, which is arranged in a different order and has different offsets for every segment.

040E771C 60000000
0494EBF0 60000000
0494EC90 60000000

Should work.

Top Bottom