• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OFFICIAL Create a Stage! Create, Share, Rate, Discuss!!!

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
So, Stage Builder has been confirmed as of Monday, October 29th. Though it may not give details as indepth as you can make here, if you explain your ideas well enough, we'll know what you're going to be shooting for when you create your own stage.

Here is a flash version of the Brawl Stage Editor, for all you lazy boneses out there.

Or, if you already have a stage created in Brawl (when it comes out of course), you could upload an image of your stage to share with the rest of the boards.

Good stage ideas are guaranteed to be immitated, the greatest form of flattery!

REGARDING HAND-DRAWN AND SCREENSHOT UPLOADS:
It's hard to describe what you want a stage to look like in Brawl without people raising questions. That's why I created this thread. Make a stage, give it a character theme, give it a unique gameplay twist (or not), make it fun. Use MSPaint, Art Rage, Photoshop, or upload an image from a picture you took when you create your stage ingame. Whatever gets the job done, as long as it looks fun.

The format should go as follows>>
> The name of the stage should go first and entitled as they were in Melee: "Area, Universe"
(Game name should be put in parenthesis underneath)
> Give a brief discription of your stage
> Next, all main and secondary platforms should be discussed in text or highlighted within the picture
> Finally, all unique interactions should be mentioned (and, optionally, pointed out in the picture)

Here's one of my ideas (pre-Brawl release):

Forsaken Fortress, Great Sea
(The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker)

> This is the area of the Forsaken Fortress right where you get off your boat, climb up the stairs, and end up in that court right in front of that big door.

> The main platforms are the main court at the top of the stairs, a small lantern halfway up the wall, and an overhanging walkway above which is the only platform that you can downfall through. The box to the right can be jumped on and walked by and the ladder to the left can be climbed up and slid down. The high walkway can only be reached by the ladder, the box to the lantern, or characters with incredible verticle jumping abilities (Jigglypuff, Kirby, Mewtwo, Ness, Falco, Pit, Meta Knight, and possibly others) but most characters will miss just slightly.

> The ladder can be climbed, slid down, jumped on, jumped off of, you can be attacked while climbing and can attack left and right while climbing. Periodically, a searchlight will beam down from either tower randomly at either the highest or lowest platform randomly and move across either left to right or right to left. Characters will be warned in advance from a /!\ symbol (same as the one from Onett in SSBM when a car was appoaching). The first character to be found in the searchlight will be attacked by a cannonball fired from the opposite tower.

(I will be sure to recreate this stage the best I can when Brawl is released! :bigthumbu)

REGARDING SSB64 STAGES:
I realize that despite the appearance of some Melee retro stages, there are no SSB64 retro stages to be found. It is only natural to desire SSB64 stages for Brawl, and what a better way to get them than to create them yourself. However...

Let me show you all something. I was looking on YouTube and I found this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vKQTlYHFdwM&eurl=http://www.brawlcentral.com/

Do NOT make past stages like this. That's not how they played, and that's barely how they looked. Go for playability, not cosmetics. The only one that was somewhat acceptable is Mushroom Kingdom... and it's still a groaner.

This is the way TO make retro 64 stages:
**Special thanks to Vigilant Gambit for these.

Banks

Smash Hero
I'm going to attempt to make a realistic looking stage with photoshop a little later, ill post it in here. Thats right, im bored...>_>

Rakuen

Smash Apprentice
The Opera House from FF6.

I don't need to post any pictures, any explanations, anything. That should be all you need to know.

Not that it'll ever happen, but we can dream, right?

tirkaro

Smash Champion
I made this pretty quickly, so it's not my best work.
Presenting: a mother brain stage!

anyway, onto following the guidelines:

area: mother brain
universe: Zebes.....I think
(metroid)
the platforms are the left and right elevating platforms, and mother brain's stand thingy, and
the turrets.
lazers will occasionally fire from the turrets mounted on certain sides of the stages.
Mother brain's eye will occasionally look at a random/leading player and such.

rm88

Smash Ace
NNID
Rm88Go
3DS FC
5241-1973-5614
I tried to make them as less interactive as possible, without being plain-stages-with-a-Bowser-Castle-theme.

Bowser's Castle, Valley of Bowser
(Mario series)

1 main platform, two static smaller platforms. You can't KO your opponent by sending him/her to the lava, think of it like Planet Zebes. Fireballs would pop out from the lava.

Bowser's Castle, Valley of Bowser
(Mario series)

1 main platform, two platforms that move horizontally. There's no lava, so you can spike as much as you want. Lakitu throws spinies ocasionally.

<3 8 bit graphics.

rm88

Smash Ace
NNID
Rm88Go
3DS FC
5241-1973-5614
That already exists, it's not like we want it to be replaced by our levels.

Shadow Wolf TJC

Smash Rookie
Alrighty, I've got a few ideas for stages, but no pictures or complete layout features. Here's what I have so far:

Airship Fortress: Like the airship levels of Super Mario Bros. 3, you need to keep up with the screen like in SSBM's Rainbow Ride stage, all while avoiding traps like Bullet Bills, Cannons, Rocky Wrenches, and Flamethrowers. There could even be a part of the stage where you need to quickly jump on those mini-airships found at the 8th world that move at a quick pace in order to avoid falling off the stage.

Tick-Tock Clock: Much of this stage would be composed of treadmills and gears that would change direction as time passes by. A couple of pendulums would swing back and forth on a platform above each side of the stage, acting as a part of the physical environment like the floors and walls of any stage and brushing off any items on the platforms.

Bowser's Castle: Another scrolling stage that has a wide array of tricks and traps found throughout the Super Mario series, including Thwomps, those fireball things that jump out of the lava, those spinning sticks-of-fire, rising lava, those spinning sawblades from Super Mario World, those huge spiky pillars that come crashing down from Super Mario World and New Super Mario Bros., Flamethrowers, Magikoopas, Dry Bones, trap doors, and those platforms in Super Mario World and New Super Mario Bros. that start moving when you step on them and that you have to stay on in order to not fall off.

Pokemon Colosseum: Now I know that it's already been confirmed, but I don't know if this stage's layout is like Battlefield's (and I hope that it is). Other than that, I hope that the stage would transform like in SSBM's Pokemon Stadium and that there would be a Pokemon battle in the background where the Pokemon would try to attack eachother. However, the players would oftentimes get caught in the crossfire as they get hit with moves like Surf, Fissure, Blizzard, Sheer Cold, Twister, Rock Slide, and Hyper Beam to name a few.

Pikabunz

Smash Hero
NNID
Pikabunz
3DS FC
1134-8730-8374
Mario Bros.

It would be fun to play in a stage like this. I don't really need to explain anything.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
I have to say I've always liked that idea for the Super Mario level. But now that I'm looking at it, there's just too little opportunity for you to kill your enemy there. Because you figure you couldn't be smashed out through the bottom level because of the pipes and using the pipes to escape your enemy would be easy and annoying. If they did make that into a level (which I hope they do) they would have to tweak it a bit. POW block is a MUST though.

BRING BACK MUSHROOM KINGDOM from SSB64 ! ! !

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
It would be fun to play in a stage like this. I don't really need to explain anything.
You stole my idea=:ohwell:, it is a exellent idea after all! That course from Mario Bros (arcade) would be straight up awsome, especially if you could use the warp pipes, and go through them, and come out one of the other ones randomly, sorta like Mushroom Kingdom in SSB64.

Hmm...I like the airship idea from SMB 3, we already got 2 SMB1 and 1 weak SMB2 level (even if I like SMB2, the level sucked!). Anyways, got a vid of it, just view 1:48 to 3:30 and you'll get a idea (can't find a pic!!! :mad: )
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lxT9j-CoD7Y

The Super Mario Bros 3 airship would either work like:

1. the ship is moving along the airship like you do with Rainbow Floats, but a moving ship, and you move throughout it, without going onto anything else but the ship, or mainly staying on the ship.'

2. Stay in the boss chamber and fight

But preferably the first way=awsome! Great thread

Originally Posted by X-x-Dyce-x-X
BRING BACK MUSHROOM KINGDOM from SSB64 ! ! !
Ya, the SSBM version was alrite and all, and the SSB64 version was definitely much better. It was good, and would be good, but not great=ya!

Originally Posted by Dylan_Tnga
Meh to that level, I much prefer peach's castle... from ssb64.. that level was SWEET <3 bumper combos.
Ya, that, Sector Z, and Hyrule Castle are my fav SSB64 courses. Bumpers+Mario=total combos, crazy fights, and people flying everywhere! My tupe of level=that should totally be in Brawl! :)

smash~bomber

Smash Journeyman
Somewhere where it's not quite hot, but not quite
mind if i try? ok here goes....
Emerald Coast, station square
sonic adventure/sonic adventure DX

it take place on the beach in front of the hotel near the beginning of the level, except alittle bit towards the part where you'd be able to see the rubber band part of the stage in the background.
it's a plain stage where smashes can only happen of the top and to the sides.
obstacles include the rhino tanks randomly dashing towards the screen from the back ground, or dashing into the playing field and dashing right and left, other obstacles would include the beach tables and chairs, along with the palm trees and kikis throwing bombs onto the playing field at completely random intervals. all obstacles mentioned save the palm trees can be destroyed/ are destructible.
this would ofcourse be one of sonic's stages.
aw yeah~ i can already here nobuo's remix of azure blue world (emerald coast's BGM)
oh.. and i guess since sonic would most likely be in it, along with a sonic/sega themed stage, they might (i repeat MIGHT) implement rings into the game, sorta like invincibility for one hit, except even though the item rates are at maximum drop rate, rings would/should still be pretty rare, just to make it fair. (RhYmEs~)

blueVlaD

Smash Cadet
it might be a little late because of that wind waker game,
but they7 should state a fight on top of that clock tower
from majora's mask...

although i can't think what they would add
to make it not so exactly like final D

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
suck at artwork and couldn't dream of drawing stage, but how about a moving stage with samus's ship as a main platform and it goes through a smaller solar system and the scenery changes with every planet?

ie and ice planet, a fire planet, a jungle planet, a stormy planet, a strech of outer space, maybe a wormhole, and then it starts over, with maybe some space pirate ships attacking randomly, and some platforms that get blown apart by meteors?

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
Can't make a picture, and if I could I wouldn't put it on the internet.

Mt. Coronet, Sinnoh
(Pokemon Diamond/Pearl)
Some pillars and a tablet in the background. Pretty much flat with some snow falling. There are some rocks you can stand on or break.
Once in a while, a wormhole will appear right above the pillar and either Dialga or Palkia will appear. Dialga will attack with Roar of Time which affects every character by dealing a lot of damage which can only be prevented by a shield (and Ness's Psi Magnet). Palkia attacks with Spacial Rend which creates a black hole in the center and sucks in every player (though they can run in the opposite direction to slow the speed they are getting sucked). It only damages when the characters are in it. Again, Ness's Psi Magnet can absorb it. Those two attacks have low chances of KOing. On a very rare occasion, a shining staircase will appear that leads to Heaven's Gates where Arceus will attack with Judgement. It will hit the leading player and has a higher chance of KOing him while dealing minor damage to the others from a shockwave.

Sootopolis, Hoenn
(Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald)
A somewhat small island with a gym on top. You can jump onto the roof of the gym. In the background, you can see Groudon on a small island fighting Kyogre who is in the water. You also see the white rocky walls of Sootopolis.
The weather changes a lot in this stage. When it has intense sunlight, all physical attacks are weakened, speed of running slows, and you can't jump as high. When it's intense rain, you fall faster, the ground is very slippery, and the winds can push you back (which may also slow you down while running). When Rayquaza appears, Groudon and Kyogre stop fighting and the weather turns back to normal, which in turn makes all movement and action normal.
(Yes, I realize Groudon is a Pokeball Pokemon, but I can still dream =P)

Green Shell

Smash Journeyman
The stages I have in mind are too complex for the limited MS Paint.
Heh, but I'm interested as in what you guys have in mind ;)

Y34HDUD3!!!

Smash Lord
OK, here you go man:

Well, I know it looks pretty plain. But with paint I can't make the actual ambientation of the stage. If you go through the portal at the left all players will travel in time to another time! Portals open at random, of course.
Will make all other maps tomorrow, if i can.

The eras are as follows: 650,000,000 B.C. prehistorical kind of $hit with dinosaurs flying around and attacking.
12,000 B.C. ice age, pretty much everything is ice, monsters. 600 A.D. Middle ages, knights and monsters. The usual. 1000 A.D.
present, nothing special happening here. 1999 A.D. the rarest of all, it's the time Lavos comes out and wipes out civilisation. 2300 A.D. future, already destroyed by Lavos. Last human survivors and machines abound. Some monsters too.

Y34HDUD3!!!

Smash Lord
Lol, thanks. Hope I can do better with the rest of the eras.
Oops, dammit. Messed up with the stage. That fountain is supposed to be a light post thing.

Green Shell

Smash Journeyman

Not so much a stage idea, as a concept in general.
Player steps on platform, lowers him down, crawls...
Boom head shot?

Zeela12

Smash Ace
OK, here you go man:

Well, I know it looks pretty plain. But with paint I can't make the actual ambientation of the stage. If you go through the portal at the left all players will travel in time to another time! Portals open at random, of course.
Will make all other maps tomorrow, if i can.

The eras are as follows: 650,000,000 B.C. prehistorical kind of $hit with dinosaurs flying around and attacking.
12,000 B.C. ice age, pretty much everything is ice, monsters. 600 A.D. Middle ages, knights and monsters. The usual. 1000 A.D.
present, nothing special happening here. 1999 A.D. the rarest of all, it's the time Lavos comes out and wipes out civilisation. 2300 A.D. future, already destroyed by Lavos. Last human survivors and machines abound. Some monsters too.
wow wat a good idea, how did I not think of that?! (wheres the epoch?)

anyways, I always thought a Dr.Mario stage would be awsome:

we can literaly fight in this bottle as Dr.Mario's pills contiune to fall, it will fill the bottle or hit u and do damage, and the only way to KO some one is to throw them out of the bottle upwards through that hole, easier when the bottle is filled.

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
I can't really draw my idea, you know why after you know what it is.

Hyrule Field, Hyrule
(Zelda: OOT)

This would be your basic Flat stage, yet it could move around a bit like Rainbow Cruise.
There would be no main platforms to stand on.

Everynow and then there would be trees that are like secondary platforms, that you can stand on the top of, Kinda like the grass part of PokeStadium. Around the tree would be bushes you can pick up and throw at the enemy, from which items pop out when they break, if your playing with items.

Also, i was thinking of having enemies appear, just like in the game, but keeping them simple like the skeletons, so the stage would change from day to night as you saw Sheik in the background (if shes not in the game) playing the sun song. At night is when the Skeletons would come up to play.

Occasionally you would also hear the ocorana in the distance playing
Epona's song, thats your warning that Epona will soon be dashing across the screen, kinda like the cars in Onett.

I suppose thats all for now, while I dont think this would be a very tournament friendly level, I definately think it would be fun for some sort of challange match, or a free-for-all. Any ideas to add to this you think?

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Mii Plaza:

This course is, for the most part, nothing. There are no piuts at all, and the course is wide. This gives players the most drawn out matches. Try and knock foes upward.

Oh, and the Miis on your console will watch you duke it out an cheer for you.

DonkeyPirate

Smash Journeyman

I just now made this one. Since the vid shows snake here, I thought I would try to make a level for it.

Shadow Moses, Alaska
Game: Metal Gear Solid

Basically the lil brown thing on the left is a cliff so people can die that way etc.
The building is in the background only, but the search light will look around, maybe set off an alarm and some troops come running? The heli comes in and lands on the middle platform then takes off randomly. If the propellor is spinning, it injures players that hit it. They are able to crawl underneath it however. A truck will pull out of the garage sometimes and stay a while, thus becoming another platform. Players can die from all directions, down only on the left side.

Sorry bout the crappy quality. thats what you get from 5 mins of ms paint

SuperLinkBrothers

Smash Ace
Zeela12, stole my idea,
I made that Dr.Mario idea like an hour ago on a different thread!

Thief!

Here's another idea though,
In Metroid Prime 2, in v.s. mode, Sidehopper Station!

It would be like the new Delfino Plaza Stage where it goes to one place then another and another, If you picture Sidehopper Station, there's a big center rrom, on first floor, one on top, and there are two ends, with the cannons! Those would be the four areas, each one would have some unique characteristics, I'll list them!

One of the two ends would have two Samus Fighting all the time( different colors everytime ) and you could get it by them. There would be a main platform and those two platforms at the end woul be secondary platforms. The box that always holds a beam or power bomb would have an item, and would regenerate that item!

The other end would be the same area except here the two samus are in Ball mode! They would plant bombs and occasionally Power Bombs!

The middle inside the station would be a large platform in which you can only k.o. opponents by throwing them out the four doors< Four? Yes, four, you could jump up on the second floor as secondary platforms, and there are two doors there. Occasionally a samus would run through shooting a couple shots!

The top would be One platform where in the background you saw samus starship fly by. You could pick up Super Missle here and through it at people though, other then that it's just a plain part of the level, like final destination, but smaller!

Here are the stages, in a bad drawing!

Leftside( or right )
_ _
______

Right Side( or left )
_ _
______

Inside
- -

_______

On top
_______

There you have it, Sidehopper Station!
Make sure you give me credit!

SuperLinkBrothers

Smash Ace
Oh, whoops, the platforms moved to the left, they were all the way to the right,
Oh and the game is Metroid Prime 2 Echoes,
The area is Sidehopper Station,
and the Universe is the Metroid Universe!

DonkeyPirate

Smash Journeyman
I like that. I think the spiky pole should randomly come up too so that it can catch players trying to cross. maybe have the two platforms go left and right or up and down to. they really do need a bowser castle level though.

Zeela12

Smash Ace
Zeela12, stole my idea,
I made that Dr.Mario idea like an hour ago on a different thread!

Thief!
lol I actually made up that stage one day about 3 years ago when I was playing SSBM, since Dr.Mario was there I thought a stage like that would be perfect, o well

here's another idea, we already have had a Kraid stage from Metroid (Brinstar depth), why not have a Ridley stage now? it doesn't have to be too complicated (the more the better tho)

here's a reference of the Ridley stage from Original Metroid NES:

also, some kind of stage from Ghosts N Goblins would be pretty cool too, I cant find a good screenshot of the game, so here's a modified one:

(megaman shouldn't be there)

that game's got a nice gothic feeling to it, making it feel... gothic, and cool, and stuff, not that I'm emo or anything... >_>

Top Bottom