• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Official FAQ and QnA Thread - Ask Your Questions Here!

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
there are no infinites. it "promotes camping" or something

edit- also what frames are you guys talking about? like when you are falling facing left and press right, how long do you have to press b to turn around neutral b?

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
yes to the turn around b? next time you quote a post with multiple topics/questions, just delete the parts you aren't referring to >_>

Pi

Smash Hero
what else would i have been referring too? the reasons you gave for why corneria was banned?

'yes.' more appropriately fits the second part of your post anyway, and goes along with my past 2 posts

but yes...that's what i was referring to

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
i dont think there is a frame window. after falling and pressing the opposite direction, you can wait as long as you want before pressing B and it will turn you to face whichever way you pressed last.

Pi

Smash Hero
i dont think there is a frame window. after falling and pressing the opposite direction, you can wait as long as you want before pressing B and it will turn you to face whichever way you pressed last.
no .

like really? you couldn't just go and test before you say that? lol

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
hey everyone else got to make random guesses without testing. why can't i say what i think the answer is?

**** off.

Pi

Smash Hero
hey everyone else got to make random guesses without testing. why can't i say what i think the answer is?

**** off.
because you assumed that i didn't just spend some time testing it myself and narrowing down the window

i was offended by your implying me being ignorant

not to mention lovage somewhat confirming the fact that there is a window

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
not to mention lovage somewhat confirming the fact that there is a window
that's a good question

though it'd say it's a lot longer than 20 frames

magus magus420????
If anything he implied that there was no frame window. brb ill test it off hyrule

edit- there is a window. frame 1 press opposite way, frame 19 is the last frame to press b. 18 frame window.

DippnDots

Feral Youth
it's literally the name of it lol, there isn't much that's banned in this game, outside of every item and practically every stage.

SSBMLahti

Smash Lord
Scrub-didle-ee-ub question here: What does it mean to "buffer" something in Melee, and how is it done?

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
uhhh no, there are a very select few things that can be buffered. Most commonly, you will here people reference buffering rolls or dodges. This is done by holding shield (L/R) and holding the c-stick in a direction (up will make you buffer a jump). This is 1 frame slower than perfect, which isn't very important or noticable in game, but should be noted if you are doing any proof of concepts via frame data.

There are some other buffers like buffering a jump (out of hitstun).

TheGoat

Smash Ace
My shield always gets broken by a simple drill shine from fox, or from falco, a dair shine. How can I prevent this?

TheGoat

Smash Ace
Well the thing is I see a lot of professionals being shield pressured by a lot of aerials and shines, not just two, I was wondering if there is a way to do something with the shield. Obviously I can roll or wavedash out of shield, but sometimes I'm stuck in my shield and I get hit my a very simple pillar.

SSBMLahti

Smash Lord
Well the thing is I see a lot of professionals being shield pressured by a lot of aerials and shines, not just two, I was wondering if there is a way to do something with the shield. Obviously I can roll or wavedash out of shield, but sometimes I'm stuck in my shield and I get hit my a very simple pillar.
You can do some attacks oos, depends what character you're using. Shine oos with Fox/Falco *****. Spotdodges aren't recommended but they do work. Shieldgrab, etc.

EC_Joey

Smash Lord
Usually with pillars, Falco's dair hits high on your shield. During the hitlag immediately after Falco's dair touches your shield, press and hold the cstick (while holding L or R) in the direction you want to roll.

This will buffer a roll before the Falco reaches the ground and gets a chance to shine your shield.

TheGoat

Smash Ace
You can do some attacks oos, depends what character you're using. Shine oos with Fox/Falco *****. Spotdodges aren't recommended but they do work. Shieldgrab, etc.
I use falco and I gotta learn shine oos, its hard as hell though. When I use bowser though its not a problem :)
And I guess I should try to shield grab with good timing.

Usually with pillars, Falco's dair hits high on your shield. During the hitlag immediately after Falco's dair touches your shield, press and hold the cstick (while holding L or R) in the direction you want to roll.

This will buffer a roll before the Falco reaches the ground and gets a chance to shine your shield.
Okay I'll definetly give that a shot as well, thanks.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
I had this same problem for a while. I spent 15 seconds trying to redo it to figure it out, but in the end i just had crisper aerials and decided killing my opponent was more fun.

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
how many frames does it take to turn around?

ganon can auto cancel uairs. i had the weird idea to try to combo by doing an auto-canceled uair, land, and turn around bair.

upon this, i found that there is a frame where ganon appears to turn around, but if you jump on that frame, he turns back around and jumps.

so does it take two frames to actually turn around? and is this the same for all characters?

DippnDots

Feral Youth
speaking of buffering rolls, sometimes i will buffer a roll and do an fsmash instead. why does that happen?
My guess is you might be letting go of the shield button before you hold the c-stick to roll which buffers the shield drop first? i honestly have no idea though and can't test :(

MooseEatsBear

Smash Journeyman
how many frames does it take to turn around?

ganon can auto cancel uairs. i had the weird idea to try to combo by doing an auto-canceled uair, land, and turn around bair.

upon this, i found that there is a frame where ganon appears to turn around, but if you jump on that frame, he turns back around and jumps.

so does it take two frames to actually turn around? and is this the same for all characters?
In a Pivot, as in either standing, or from a dash, takes two (possibly three) frames for every character to completely turn around until you can do anything. The slow as hell "turn" animation takes seven frames.

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
ok.

so is there a name for the frame where it looks like you're turned around but if you do anything such as jump, you turn back around?

we should call it the bl@ck frame.

nah but really, that is important information. idk where i read that he can turn in one frame, but that one frame makes a lot of my chaingrabs (especially since i'm starting to attempt the one on falco more, in attempts to change that matchup) go to waste. i turn around and grab, but i start my grab too soon, so ganon turns back around and grabs.

that bl@ck frame really is a pain in the ***...

Top Bottom