• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official FL Counterpick Poll!!

Which of these stages do you think should be counterpicks in FL?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Noa.

Smash Master
The transformations hinder battle and don't give any true advantage.

The air transformation just destroys everyone's airgame because when you shorthop it's as high as if you used both of your jumps under normal gravity.

The electric ruins the stage because staying on the treadmills leads to no where so camping in the middle is promoted.

Ice completely messes up the traction and spacing for moves.

Ground is more or less fine as it is.

PS2 just deters from the actual fight, making the players wait until the transformation is over. That's why I think it should be banned.

Noa.

Smash Master
Permanent walk offs make DDD a very broken character on that stage, along with a few other chaingrabbers.

Plus, the size of it makes it very easy to camp which isn't good.

Noa.

Smash Master
The effects are random and have KO ability.

While better than most banned stages, t still is a little too random for most players to accept.

Noa.

Smash Master
As it stands, most people in Florida have voted for the counterpick stages. If we allow all stages with 50% approval and over into the counterpick list, we get this:

Delfino plaza
Frigate Orpheon
Battleship Halberd
Lylat
Castle Siege
Brinstar
Jungle Japes
Pokemon Stadium 1
Rainbow Cruise

Addtions to the list are in green. These stages were taken out:

Pirate Ship
PS2
Luigi's Mansion
Norfair

We lose four stages, gain two stages and move a stage from the neutral list to counterpick.

This is the counterpick for Genesis:

Lylat Cruise
Delfino Plaza
Castle Siege
Frigate Orpheon
Jungle Japes
Battleship Halberd
Rainbow Cruise
Brinstar
Pokemon Stadium 1
Yoshi's Island

The only difference would be Yoshi's being on their counterpick list instead of neutral.

We could wait for the last few remaining Floridians to vote or go with this stage list. Either way, I don't think that waiting would change the results.

N3XUS

Smash Apprentice
Yes lylat for CP! I'm so tired of having to go to that dumb stage on game 1, so it can tilt away from me as I recover. Who's idea was it to make it neutral in the first place?

Noa.

Smash Master
Well, the only thing that makes Lylat a counterpick is tilting, but I honestly believe that tilting doesn't affect recovering that much.

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
Seibrik, there was a reason I counterpicked Jungle Japes against you in our tournament match since you banned Rainbow Cruise. XD

Retroend

Retro Gamer
NNID
Re7ron
3DS FC
3669-1436-3958
Switch FC
SW-5947-2141-6122
man i hate castle siege. and why the hell is pirate ship taken out?

actionblackbird

Smash Journeyman
Well, I am guessing that once the poll close, we will have a brand new set of counter picks before brawl gigs, Frames? Just wondering how all this is going to work out at the end.

PICTOCHAT IS BAD!!! I herd you can do infinite wall ***** there....

or so I herd...

OmniOstrich

Smash Lord
Jungle Japes should not be played on ...rofl.

Neither should rainbow cruise.
Japes and Rainbow Cruise give a very select few characters very easy CP victories, allowing them to be legal basically allows them really easy wins.

-Japes is obscene for Falco(bc of phantasm spikes, and camping) and ROB(bc of camping).
-Rainbow Cruise is easy wins for MK, G&W, and Kirby.

I think that Rainbow Cruise/Jungle Japes should be banned not because its really broken or unfair, but because MK/Falco on that stage is.

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
Fight a mk/falco, ban the stages, thats how CP systems work.

We ban stages that are broken overall for all the cast, not stages that are broken for 1-2 characters.

CaliburChamp

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-6575-2504
We need Norfair for fighting against Diddy!!!!!! 0_0

We need Pokemon Stadium 2 for fighting against Snake, Wario and MK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 0_0

AfroQT

Smash Master

We ban stages that are broken overall for all the cast, not stages that are broken for 1-2 characters.
Thats ********, half the stages are banned because of ONE character, like d3 that can walk characters off the stage. Why isnt bridge of elden allowed, no character besides D3 can INFINITELY walk people off stages regardless of percent.

The CP system shouldnt be about getting a free easy win, it should be able taking the fight to a stage that your character prefers. Thats why japes and RC should be banned.

With such a horrible counterpick system all your going to see is more people picking up metaknight to deal with possible counterpicks that shouldnt be allowed in the first place.

Noa.

Smash Master
Bridge of Eldin is also banned because it's very campy and defensive. The size of the stage promotes not approaching the opponent.

And standing near the edges and bthrowing is also pretty broken. Olimar easily gets grabs against most characters and his bthrow is plenty strong.

We ban most stages for a combination of reasons and not just one reason.

actionblackbird

Smash Journeyman
Bridge of Eldin is also banned because it's very campy and defensive. The size of the stage promotes not approaching the opponent.

And standing near the edges and bthrowing is also pretty broken. Olimar easily gets grabs against most characters and his bthrow is plenty strong.

We ban most stages for a combination of reasons and not just one reason.
doint forget king D and his broken chain grabs.

ghaudephaede010

Smash Journeyman

I agree. But hey, I think Luigi's Mansion is not broken enough to be removed from the counterpick list. It totally fits into what you are saying there.

Sorry Seibrik, I probably just destroy'd your cred by going with you on this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom