• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official FL Counterpick Poll!!

Which of these stages do you think should be counterpicks in FL?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Smash_Brothah

Smash Cadet
LOL

Mario Circuit has walk-offs. That automatically makes the stage not good for competitive standards.

:093:
i guess you're right but you could just stay on the stage and agree not to push each other off plus it adds randomness to the game, like if you tripped and then got hit by a cart it really mixes things up but i guess a better stage would be something like donkey kong's stage...

VSC.D-Torr

Smash Hero
Tripping is dumb, why you even mention it is beyond me. Randomness doesn't belong in competition. Also, the carts have nothing to do with the stage being bad. As I said earlier, this stage has walk-offs, the main reason this stage is banned.

:093:

DFEAR

Smash Hero
i guess you're right but you could just stay on the stage and agree not to push each other off plus it adds randomness to the game, like if you tripped and then got hit by a cart it really mixes things up but i guess a better stage would be something like donkey kong's stage...
if im D3 and i put 20 bucks down entrance fee im sorry but i have to decline the offer :< we dont want to make D3 players look like *******s for this. thats why delfino and castle siege exist o.o.

neutral setting + even % chance of winning = competitive stage

Smash_Brothah

Smash Cadet
if im D3 and i put 20 bucks down entrance fee im sorry but i have to decline the offer

lol what ever happened to sportsman ship? you guys could learn something from michael jordan... even he agreed that randomness in a game (not video games i think he mean bball) adds to the fun, because it makes it more unpredictable otherwise you just have guys who take it too serious and dont have fun... after all thats what were here for! :) anyway you have just as much a chance of getting hit by the carts as the other guy so i dont know why you guys are so down on it... but like i said you can always go with the Dk stage instead...

VSC.D-Torr

Smash Hero
I find it funny that you think that the cars have anything to do with making the stage banned. It's not the carts that make the stage uncompetitive, it's the walk-offs.

Sportsmanship is for before and after the match. During the match, it's all about winning. This stage creates an unbalance for characters susceptable to chaingrabbing, especially from D3. All the D3 would need is one grab and it would result in a stock. That makes this stage uncompetitive.

Also, fun for you doesn't mean fun for everyone else. Competitive players have fun playing in a serious setting, otherwise they prolly wouldn't be doing it.

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
Uh, what D-Torr said. I actually like Mario Circuit as a stage, but it sucks from a competitive stand-point. Same goes for Onett and Green Hill Zone. Stages are banned for a number of reasons, but some reasons are stronger than others. Permanent walk-offs are basically a no-no when it comes to legal stages.

...Wait. No purple text, D-Torr? I know you gave up Haunter, but purple text, too? :(

:069:

Sandtru27

Smash Lord
would you guys stop responding to him lol? laugh at his posts and quit

the dude ain't real

get trolled like *****es

actionblackbird

Smash Journeyman
I think is about time to close this thread.

So....

frames when is this goign to be official? This thread has been here for over 3 months >.>.

So counter picks for singles

delfino
frigate
battleship helbert
lylat cruise
castle seige
jungle japes
brainstar
rainbow cruise
pokemon stadium (melee)

Now...let's work on counter pick stages for doubles :D

I vote for port town!