• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Genesis 2 Results thread

t3h Icy

Smash Master
Genesis
Genedos
Geneticus
Genesis Numbers 4
Generonomy
Genshua
Gudges
Genesis 8: The Rise of the Twins

tw1n

Smash Champion
Lol that was so much fun. It was his really fast Wing Chun vs my grappling style. His punches were hella fast but weren't landing (thank god haha)

Alright ladies, time for some more Genesis 2 videos by yours truly :D

People may think that all we can do is play Smash Bros, but don't get it twisted. The community has got some moves:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fsZbXp_3V-A

Also, here's Axe making one of the most bawse stage picks I've seen in a while (it's at 2:56):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Zdso_7HbKY
Those vids are beast!

Also, a shout-out I forgot.
Bobby - You are freakin awesome! Next time don't team with Mafia tho ;)

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
hey twins, just wanted to say something j didn't to in person:

I wasn't avoiding you two. I legit wanted to hang out and smash but it just didn't happen. I had a huge list of amazing people I wanted to meet and or money match but there wasn't enough TVs and I had a 6 am flight Monday morning.

C_Ferris32

Smash Journeyman
I got a random question here. Does anyone recall how much the money match was of kage/fuzzyness vs shroomed/s2j? I recorded it and wanted to get it uploaded.

Rosedemon

Smash Champion
It was, but Kage/Fuzzyness lowered it to $50 per team.

Not sure if it was recorded.

tw1n

Smash Champion
Lol C_Ferris just said he recorded it. And I believe they did $100 per team.

And Ruby. I gotcha. it was a pretty crazy weekend lol :D

C_Ferris32

Smash Journeyman
Thanks guys ^^

I'll probably have it uploaded sometime tonight, and I'll link it on this thread once it's finished.

C_Ferris32

Smash Journeyman
what kind of recording was it? did you use a capture card?
I couldn't set my capture card up, so I used my webcam. But honestly, my webcam takes really nice video, so as far as webcams go, I don't think it'll disappoint. Plus, you'll get to hear all the hype and smack talk :awesome:

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
krystedez - a lone entity, travelling through the dimensions, perusing the universes with his infinite power, taking a lone blink of an eye in the geological span of time to stop by a building in california to display, however subtly, the extent of your omnipotence. i think we can all agree that the aura that followed you was subtle and tame for the most part until your match with rain, when during the last few seconds of game three, your spirit exploded like a solar flare. i heard demons cry in agony at the heroic force you wielded against our world. in the blink of an eye, the energy dissipated from your righteous destruction seared through the venue like lightning. we are all blessed to have been witness to your sublime prowess and good luck on your transdimensional travels.
I didn't think I could say this, but this is probably the most creative, best shoutout I've ever gotten. Thank you ...

I wish I could have controlled myself a little better after that match with Rain, I felt like I was making him even more upset with my clapping/cries of happiness. I never thought I'd get that far in bracket at this tournament, which is why on some kind of prayer that got me that win, I exploded like that XD... But man, matches like that, and the people, and the rest of my gametime put into this tournament... It all made it worth it, and is why I continue to come back to the smash community.

Small shoutouts... since I'm still catching up.

Pain, holy crap, you're a freaking God among Men that can teach holy words of wisdom in basic common sense AND creative strategy. I mean, I don't think I ever had someone do that with me before, it was quite refreshing and I appreciated it. I wish EC had heeded your words better because it surely woulda won them the crews battle.

DLA, you're also a god, because, like the god we know as count giving you the controller, and you giving it to me... If it wasn't for that, I would not have made it as far I think! That controller is my best one, no fast fall problems or anything! Thanks for coming out to this, chatting with me, giving me the controller, and reppin' the MW! Keep ****** with that Ganon mate...

Kira, thanks for hanging with me, and I apologize for throwing a lot of my ranting/annoyances at ya, you're really cool to talk to, and it meant a lot that you were cheering me on in my matches. I love your Pit AND your Rob, and even though I think ROB is really hard to play with in this metagame, you make me wonder... I hope we can continue to play again.

Sidefx, I apologize with all of my heart for putting you on the spot like I did after I placed outta winnings. I was pretty tired/sick and I really wanted to have placed better after such a meaningful run through losers (DAMN YOU ATOMSK!) I could care less about the money but being able to put a dollar symbol next to your name after an event means a lot in results threads . . . In any case, I have nothing held against you on that, and I hope you don't either for me, and I apologize again for my pressure on you. Thanks for the wonderful tournament, to you and your staff!!

Hylian.... You are looking more like the Kokiri boy without a fairy . . . If you want to become the true Hylian like I know you are, and place in bracket... BRACKET!!!, then you WILL play at your best! This tournament... not so much. You're better than that, and I felt so. . . weird playing your ICs because I was playing my hardest and you're like not all there, dropping a grab or two, losing nana to stupid stuff... Bro, you gotta get pumped! And I know you're probably tired of hearing it all, so I just want to let you know I got mad respect for your skill and your attitude especially. Thanks for coming to this though, it was awesome seeing more familiar faces... :)

Denti, great MM, sorry to time you out last game, it has to be done sometimes. . . wish we coulda played more!

BRICK, OMG THANK YOU FOR CARPOOLING ME AROUND AND !@#$! Your crazy though, like, super impatient crazy, like, MUST GET STUFF DONE crazy. But thats cool, because you had a great carpool with you, as well as being a funny guy and MOST IMPORTANTLY being a pal and cheering for me, you rock man you don't know how much this tournament and what you did for me meant to me. Thanks a bunch dude...! And Im sorry I didn't do laundry, I was pretty...sick... um...my only excuse honestly... :(

Atomsk, I've got a good idea of how play our matches next time. I'll be training, no more complainin'! And no MK unless I feel like I haven't gotten better by the time we play! (game 2, MK v whatever you have probably is more likely than MK on game 1 D: )

I have more shoutouts but Ill probably put others later in a later post my head is killing me from thinkin right now and I just got back from my plane ride back to indy.

MattDotZeb

Smash Hero
Entire 313 room - <3 you

Connor The Man - Dude, so nice meeting you. You're so asian. LOL Can't wait till we meet again
Stabbed - You're legit as hell dude. I don't think we played like any matches though haha Come to EC and we'll fix that!!
Arc - Thanks for helping out with buying all that stuff. We overstocked so hard XD
McCain - Glad I got to see you. Thanks for cleaning up Thursday night, I owe you big time for that.
StrongBad - Nice meeting you man! We'll drink up next time. Let me know how things turn out in regards to your itouch
JCaeser - I feel bad about you staying just one night =/ Sorry if we did something wrong to turn you off.

(Kyle and David) The twins - You guys pretty much were the highlight of my trip. I can not wait to see you both again. If you ever happen to be in Boston let me know!!

Plank - Had fun on our numerous parking lot trips LOL gonna try to beat you next time!

Cyrain
- Agggh... I don't think I'm ever going to play you as well as I was playing against you in our set at Pound5. One day...!!!!

Danielle - Nice chillin with you. See you at the next national or something lol

Westballz - Aha you're so good!!! :awesome:

Trahhh - Sooooooo nervous. Definitely make your way to EC sometime!!! RoM4?! ;D

JPeG - You are, like, one of my favorite people ever.

Ihavespaceballs - Gfaqs <3

sweetxserenity - lololol random as hell seeing you

DoH - Had fun playing you man. Can't wait till you're in Boston :)

Lil - Trekking to the beach way sooo hard lmao I found it though!!

EC Asian Joey / Variola - get at my navigation skills on brownies :p

tirno - sorry i scrubbed so hard in teams bracket =/ you're really fun to play with

abate - your luigi is so scary

gso - wicked, wicked solid and adaptive. can't wait to play you again!!

Armada - good ****!!!

Aniolas - learning swedish son

c - thanks for being so patient and putting up with my drunk *** trying to learn swedish for over a hour LOL I still remember what you taught me! <3 I'm gonna bone up on that shiz

Alexander (Sweden) - I wish I could remember your tag. It's the least I owe you after passing out on your leg xD

the hacky sack circle, tag players, sharks and minnows players, and "**** it, lets tackle these guys" players - YOU'RE AMAZING. Definitely one of the best parts about this trip was the few hours everyone was locked outside the venue and messed around.

Probably missing a ton of people. Shoutouts to that WC Green

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
shoutouts to gk infinity, sage osaka, 69%, and bizzarro flame. the only people i hung out with all weekend. LOL

and jb for letting me commentate

C_Ferris32

Smash Journeyman
Alright guys, here's the money match of Kage/Fuzzyness vs Shroomed/S2J:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IR3NGAmag5s
Also known as another excuse for people to smack talk Shroomed lol

While I'm at it, for anyone who is interested, here are a few pictures I took the night of the last day. There's a lot of familiar faces in the last two.

Here's the only picture I'm in (I'm between the twins):
http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l485/CFerris32/DSC00430.jpg
And these next two feature a group of guys I like to call the SWAG crew. You know 'em lol.
SWAG crew ft. JB:
http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l485/CFerris32/swagcrew1.jpg
SWAG crew ft. Phil:
http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l485/CFerris32/swagcrew2.jpg

Alright, that's enough out of me lol. Hope you guys enjoy.

M@v

Subarashii!
LOOL M2K walkin tall wit dat clean $5800+

$$$
I just realized. Even at my $15 an hour, I don't know if I'm making that much during the whole summer. :(

I actually am going to make more, but that's before taxes. Taxes are definitely going to make me make less.

So he won more money in 3 days than I'm making in an entire summer. Yikes T_T

Top Bottom