• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Japanese Everything Thread: Sakurai Famitsu Interview - Translators needed!

dirtypoison

Smash Apprentice
hopefully someone could make a summary translation of this soon, this is surely awesome :D

ShortFuse

Smash Lord
His UP+B is a Mortar, you aim like you aim Yoshi's UP+B. That's on the ground, in the air, it'll probably shoot snake straight up and since he can glide, he can glide to the stage.

Here's more proof his Rocket Launcher is aimable (and thus a probably side+B)

Side +B = Rocket Launcher (think how Link's Boomerang can be aimed)
Neutral + B = Grenade (drops out like Game and Watch's Neutral B or like Link holds a bomb). It'll probably be on a timer (unless it's a Smash-Throw and it'll blow on impact) to give it more a difference than Link's bomb's
Down + B = Remote Mine. (probably only one active at a time and you'll have to decide to detonate it at the right time or just blow it up and plant another one)
Up+B will be a mortar, I'm sure. You can't shoot the boomerang straight up or straight down but having Up+B will be rather neat. It would be like Bulbasaur's Seed Spit attack

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
His UP+B is a Mortar, you aim like you aim Yoshi's UP+B. That's on the ground, in the air, it'll probably shoot snake straight up and since he can glide, he can glide to the stage.

THIS is snake's UP B

According to the official site...

I guess he DOES have Projectiles and such as smashes!!!

Frogla

Smash Ace

No his up B is his Recon Camera. His up smash is Mortar.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys

Um...but, but...Sakurai said!

<Up Special Move: Cypher>

http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/characters/snake.html#2nd

I don't think they got to actually play as Snake--they just saw him in videos. So would they really have any way of knowing which attacks corresponded to each control input?

And to explain the horizontal rocket launcher:

<Side Special Move: Remote Missile>

ShortFuse

Smash Lord
No his up B is his Recon Camera. His up smash is Mortar.
No, it's his GLIDE. MetaKnight doesn't have a "Use wings" button

Edit: Okay, it's his Up+B. I didn't read your post. Up+B mortar makes no sense. It's not a Smash attack. Note that the grenade is a B attack, so that's probably neutral. It doesn't mean it can't be his Up+B when he's on the ground.

Cocoashadow

Smash Apprentice
I love it when people are so ignorant that you can just laugh at them as they try to juggle their supposed facts.

Garuda

Smash Ace
His glide? I'm sorry, but the idea of including a goomba as a playable character is more reasonable than that.

ShortFuse

Smash Lord
His glide? I'm sorry, but the idea of including a goomba as a playable character is more reasonable than that.
And a projectile as a Smash attack. Please. Charging up the projectiles? I've played a bunch of games when you do your double jump, holding jump will make you glide. It's what I think. Okay, I was wrong but seriously? Projectile as a SMASH attack? Did you guys forget what the point of a Smash attack is?

Also, it's worth noting that his rocket is remote controlled. He's aiming left but it's going to right. Also the target in the Target Smash picture is not at level with his rocket launcher meaning he probably aimed it up (think Ness's UP+B)

Phoenix_Dark

Smash Lord
NNID
Phoenix2337
3DS FC
1289-8343-1385
Snake, glide? There must be low gravity! OMG Super Mario Galaxy stage confirmed!!!!!!!!!!!!111 D:

/end sarcasm

dirtypoison

Smash Apprentice
Shortfuse you are wrong with his glide, that is his up B, but I agree that I dont believe his smash attacks are the missile launchers etc.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
And a projectile as a Smash attack. Please. Charging up the projectiles? I've played a bunch of games when you do your double jump, holding jump will make you glide. It's what I think. Okay, I was wrong but seriously? Projectile as a SMASH attack? Did you guys forget what the point of a Smash attack is?

Also, it's worth noting that his rocket is remote controlled. He's aiming left but it's going to right. Also the target in the Target Smash picture is not at level with his rocket launcher meaning he probably aimed it up (think Ness's UP+B)
We already know he does use missiles and stuff as smashes, it says so on the site itself...It may be weird and different, but Snake does use them

Desruprot

Smash Lord
I would agree, (look at his smash attacks at him on the Dojo, no real quests to be asked, hmm I guess I would like more videos from the forum...

Demon Kirby

Smash Champion
It’s not just Snake’s special moves that use ordnance
-Sakurai (now shut up)

ShortFuse

Smash Lord
Okay, you're right. It's his Smash attacks. I read the Spanish translation and it leaves no doubt. Stupid Nate. Up+Smash = Rocket, Down Smash = Remote Mine. Snake is now a WTF Character.

Chi's Finest

Smash Lord
Shortfuse, I credited you properly for your findings on BC.

Snake's Moveset: FINAL

Smashes:
F Smash: Knee to Fist Smash Combo (Double Smash, similar to Link's)
U Smash: Mortor fired vertically in air
D Smash: Remote Mine

Specials:
N Special: Hand Grenade
F Special: Remote Missle
U Special: Cypher (Flying thingy)
D Special: Rocket Launcher (Fired at the ground in front at a 45 degree angle)

There. Those are all of his specials and Smashes. There's nothing more to debate about.

ShortFuse

Smash Lord
Demon Kirby, I don't think you know what ordnance means...
And you're an ***. Grow up. People like you make me want to just give up on this forum and clear my first post.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Demon Kirby, I don't think you know what ordnance means...
And you're an ***
ord·nance /ˈɔrdnəns/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[awrd-nuhns] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
–noun
1. cannon or artillery.
2. military weapons with their equipment, ammunition, etc.
3. the branch of an army that procures, stores, and issues, weapons, munitions, and combat vehicles and maintains arsenals for their development and testing.

ShortFuse

Smash Lord
Yeah, I know what ordnance is. But my point is that if he want to emphasize something he'd emphasize the "so do his Smash attacks" phrase since stabbing people with a short range military knife is still ordnance or hitting them over the head with the butt of a missle launcher is still ordnance.

GoldenS1104

Smash Journeyman
Shortfuse, I credited you properly for your findings on BC.

Snake's Moveset: FINAL

Smashes:
F Smash: Knee to Fist Smash Combo (Double Smash, similar to Link's)
U Smash: Mortor fired vertically in air
D Smash: Remote Mine

Specials:
N Special: Hand Grenade
F Special: Remote Missle
U Special: Cypher (Flying thingy)
D Special: Rocket Launcher (Fired at the ground in front at a 45 degree angle)

There. Those are all of his specials and Smashes. There's nothing more to debate about.
That all seems right, but the D Special and D Smash seem like they should be switched. The remote mine seems like it would be a slow attack and smash attacks are generally quick. Ya never know though... it is Sakurai...

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
That all seems right, but the D Special and D Smash seem like they should be switched. The remote mine seems like it would be a slow attack and smash attacks are generally quick. Ya never know though... it is Sakurai...
It SHOULD be but apparently that's not what they did

Demon Kirby

Smash Champion
We just went through a few pages discussing this, and we all have agreed that the mine = special.

Chi's Finest

Smash Lord
Yea, I agree it would make more sense to have them switch, but then I thought about it.

Snake's mine can only be planted and detonated on the ground. A smash attack can only be used on the ground. My logic winz.

StarshipGroove

Smash Journeyman
Snake's mine can only be planted and detonated on the ground. A smash attack can only be used on the ground. My logic winz.
Donkey Kong can only use his slap attack on the ground. A smash attack can only be used on the ground. Your logic failz.

ShortFuse

Smash Lord
Yea, I agree it would make more sense to have them switch, but then I thought about it.

Your logic = win

and Kirby Demon. Repeating the same thing 7 time, telling people to shut up, mocking/laughing at people, denouncing thread because you don't agree with makes you an ***.

There are ways to get your point across and no one will argue that you're being a jerk. Not knowing how to have an intelligent debate without resorting to the above what most trolls/spammers/flamers are known for.

Yeah, I was wrong, so? I didn't call you an idiot or tell you to shut up when what I thought was wrong. I didn't see that post Sakurai did. This what I meant about giving up on Smashboards because there are so many people follow the old Penny-Arcade law of Anonymity + Internet = ******* and degrades the forum as a whole.

Top Bottom