• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Japanese Everything Thread: Sakurai Famitsu Interview - Translators needed!

Kewl0210

Smash Apprentice
I can help translate. It beats lurking. I'll tell ya if I find something interesting.

WeeklyJumpman

Smash Journeyman
Nono, sorry, I understood you completely.

I meant to say that the japanese site itself was unclear about what sort of place Wolf and Krystal has in the game, and I was wondering if you could nestle some meaning out of the vague and often ambiguous way through which the Japanese language conveys information. You know how weird it can get when Japanese is translated into English, which is why I asked you to look at that small sentence about Wolf and Krystal and see if you could get something definite out of it. If there isn't anything, don't sweat it.
I see... well, I can't seem to find that Krystal/Wolf piece... could you link the exact part?

Chi's Finest

Smash Lord
Yeah, I see that on Brawl Central. They should really reference this thread since I'm actively updating it. There's more information on my original, first post
Sorry Shortfuse, I just threw that update on at the last minute before I went to sleep last night aka this morning. I added more info and properly credited you as finding the info.

FrogButler

Smash Journeyman
This person also reports Duster, Rosetta (Rosalina), and Sothe as ATs (as well as Lakitu and Samurai Goroh) and that Sandbag-kun is an item.

Also says that Pokemon Trainer and Pit say something with their final smashes, so I guess PT has a VA after all. On the other site, I believe they said PT says Ikuzo! Sanmittai! which, if the English version uses the same as the English site does, will be "Take that! Triple Finish!"
Sandbag is an item? Sweet! And Sothe is an AT, EVEN BETTER! Duster is from mother 3, correct?

Also, that thing about Metagross and Regigigas in pokeballs made my day!

And finally, quick thing about the PT voice comment. Did you notice if the voice was the same guy who voices Satoshi in the Pokemon anime? I know Red and Ash are two totally different characters but still...

Cheezball

Smash Ace
It states that Rosalina throws out star pieces for a few seconds, and that if you pick them up, you'll recover health. And the writer also states that a Luma comes out with her.

And great find, Shortfuse!! This is just as good as getting an update!!
Just 1 update? Learning all the pokemon, roselina, and items is like 5 updates almost.:grin:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
We actually found out Sandbag was an item from the Jumpfesta reports but this is a good second source for confirmation

As well as a few of the AT's in that of course

Chi's Finest

Smash Lord
Everything form the thread summed up on Brawl Central: I think there's a few new things that aren't on this thread, but I'm not sure.

Lots of New Details Revealed!
We have some new info summed up for Brawl and here it is:

# Kirby's Final Smash does about 35% damage.
# The Soccer Ball bursts into flames when used. It canot be countered or caught.
# The clock SLOWS DOWN time. It does not FREEZE time. Your oppnents are slowed down, but sometimes it can have a "dud" effect like the hammer, and slow you down also.
# Lucas's PK Freeze is much more mobile than Ness's old PK Flash
# Snakes's Landmine attack is REMOTE, not PROXIMITY.
# New FE Music: "The Kingdom of Bern". I don't know much about FE, but I guess there's a city in FE called Bern and it has a battle of some sort.
# Regigigas, Metagross, Onix and Garchomp are Poke Ball Pokemon. Metagross does Earthquake.
# New info on Rosalina's AT: She hovers around and throws star pieces, which can be picked up and used to recover damage. A Luma also come sout with her.
# Pit and Pokemon Trainer both speak during their Final Smashes. PT's english version of his speaking part seems to be the same as the text that appears on screen, "Take That! Triple Finish!"
# Kirby is more powerful this time around, as we have mentioned previously.
# Wario is powerful, but has a lot of start-up lag.

This information was discovered by Shortfuse of Smashboards, based on some japanese websites, interviews, and Jumpfiesta Impressions.

Uchiha.Sanosuke

Smash Journeyman
This thread is filled with so much epic win that I'm surprised it hasn't exploded yet. Although when this stuff is updated in the Dojo (if it ever is), it'll all be old news. Oh well. Still amazing.

Return of Godly Onix ftw! :grin:

Kewl0210

Smash Apprentice
There's a huge thread on the whole experience from Jump Festa, it would take forever to go thoguh all of it. It's got like 200 posts.
This one guy is critiquing Fire Emblem things in the beginning.
He said there's an assistant trophy of a generic Pegasus Knights, and they attack in a group or something, with a Falcon Knight.
He said because nives are banned, he attacks with a soumersalt kick.

Linkeatspie

Smash Apprentice
Wow! Nice find Shortfuse! Some juicy info here...

All four of those pokemon should be pretty cool...and I can't remember who said it on the SMYN podcast but whoever talked about the soccer ball being uncatchable was dead right.

Garuda

Smash Ace
This has officially made my day. DEFINITELY makes up for the lack of updates (not that I'm upset about it, but still).

ricydafrog

Smash Journeyman
i'm pretty sure' iku zu' meant 'let's go!' unless it has double meanings
(i picked that up that particular expression from watching anime)

Chi's Finest

Smash Lord
Up Smash: Rocket thingy in air
Down Smash: Remote Mine

Side Special: Control Missle thingy
Special: Grenade
Up Special: Twilrly spinny thingy

Kewl0210

Smash Apprentice
This site's a bit more organized.
http://sumabura-x.com/modules/smartsection/item.php?itemid=95
A list of stuff from Jump Festa.
I haven't found anything else new. There are like 300 posts in that thread though. And most are people asking and commenting, rather than giving information.

Also there I think is some more info here.
Somebody from Mother 3 is an assist trophy. His name is Duster.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
You probably place the mine the first time you press Down A, then charge it during the second

GreatClayMonkey

Smash Lord
Rigging the enemy base with explosives, which is l
The mine It's his downB

, in the second trailer, he uses his down smash against pit. it's a rocket launcher

Geez people stop, writing random stuff that you remember
It’s not just Snake’s special moves that use ordnance—so do his Smash attacks. Can that be?
qoute from the dojo http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/characters/snake.html now look at the pictures under. Please read carefully

dirtypoison

Smash Apprentice
wait? was zelda playable at jumpfesta, cuz they said here dins fire was nerfed, so cant they confirm Sheik?

Top Bottom