• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Kirby Matchup Thread, now discussing: LUCAS!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SuSa

Banned via Administration
Darknid, your an idiot. I hope you realize that.

I've beaten plenty of DK's on Japes. Ally has beaten DK's on Japes. DK's lose on Japes. The fact is very simple. Actually know the stage, and what DK can abuse there

Avoiding DK's smashes on RC is actually really easy, you just don't rush in like an idiot. 1 well placed uthrow and DK is dead, and gimping in the climbing portion with dair is very easy.

As far as I know, he cannot cargo release you into anything guarenteed. That is only on Ness/Lucas. Jump+Nair should get you out of that. Also if he tries the dtilt lock, learn to SDI up + jump.

Punch is punishable. Learn the god**** frames that don't have SA frames. Also it's only "unpunishable" during those SA frames, for a fully charged punch. Tell me, have you ever tried just grabbing him?

Also your last statement is just absurd. Learn to space better.

Darknid

Smash Journeyman
Darknid, your an idiot. I hope you realize that.

I've beaten plenty of DK's on Japes. Ally has beaten DK's on Japes. DK's lose on Japes. The fact is very simple. Actually know the stage, and what DK can abuse there

Avoiding DK's smashes on RC is actually really easy, you just don't rush in like an idiot. 1 well placed uthrow and DK is dead, and gimping in the climbing portion with dair is very easy.

As far as I know, he cannot cargo release you into anything guarenteed. That is only on Ness/Lucas. Jump+Nair should get you out of that. Also if he tries the dtilt lock, learn to SDI up + jump.

Punch is punishable. Learn the god**** frames that don't have SA frames. Also it's only "unpunishable" during those SA frames, for a fully charged punch. Tell me, have you ever tried just grabbing him?

Also your last statement is just absurd. Learn to space better.
Personal attacks are childish and irrelevant, especially when you have the grammar of a mIRC troll who thinks he's a yu-gi-oh villain circa 2003. Just because Ally can beat a DK on Japes, that doesn't mean that DK doesn't have the advantage on Japes. Ally beat YBM on Japes..does that mean Snake beats Kirby on Japes?

To begin the wall infinite, he uses D throw and not cargo release. Jump + Nair also does not work, but you can DI behind him and stop the infinite, that's why Dthrow is better. I explained why SDI up + jump can be stopped. Please raed the post.

Avoiding DK's smashes on RC? Well, if he gets you against that wall that's a free F smash or D smash depending on where he needs you to go. He doesn't need smashes to kill you. He can use his aerials(especially uair, ouch), grabs, punch and utilt.

It's unpunishable if DK is spacing it correctly. Sure if he uses it when you're above him or below him or something dumb like that, it doesn't work. How are you going to grab DK during a punch when he's nowhere near you until his fist hits you? What DKs are you facing that are having trouble spacing a quick long range move against a slow character? Lol then you brazenly declare that I need to learn to space better. Any of his attacks but a vertically spaced dair can be shieldgrabbed. Bair is grab food to DK's monster grab range. By the way, I don't even have to shield your attacks because I can just beat them with my range, if I'm DK.

You've refuted nothing and brought up several irrelevant points, and also insulted me for no reason. Stop trolling.

A1lion835

Smash Champion
Lurking the Kirby Social thread with my rock buds.
Personal attacks are childish and irrelevant, especially when you have the grammar of a mIRC troll who thinks he's a yu-gi-oh villain circa 2003.
Wait...you take offense at being personally attacked (he just said you don't really know what you're talking about, which I honestly have to say I agree with), attack back even more, and imply that SuSa is a troll (do trolls become MODS?) and say he has bad grammar for...missing a period at the end of one sentence?

Darknid said:
Just because Ally can beat a DK on Japes, that doesn't mean that DK doesn't have the advantage on Japes. Ally beat YBM on Japes..does that mean Snake beats Kirby on Japes?
I like how you completely ignored the rest of what SuSa said on that, and that he just said it to say that DK isn't unbeatable on Japes.

Darknid said:
To begin the wall infinite, he uses D throw and not cargo release. Jump + Nair also does not work, but you can DI behind him and stop the infinite, that's why Dthrow is better. I explained why SDI up + jump can be stopped. Please raed the post.
Given that there are only 3 walls over the course of the stage (1 of which is there very briefly...?), I guess I'll just have to...NOT BE NEXT TO THEM?

Darknid said:
Avoiding DK's smashes on RC? Well, if he gets you against that wall that's a free F smash or D smash depending on where he needs you to go. He doesn't need smashes to kill you. He can use his aerials(especially uair, ouch), grabs, punch and utilt.
I guess I just won't read when you'll try to use those KO attacks and not shield them and stuff. And then not uthrow you and kill you.

Darknid said:
It's unpunishable if DK is spacing it correctly.
Erm...Perfect shield to grab if it's not spaced PERFECTLY, and I'm almost certain you could ftilt after perfect shielding hit.

Darknid said:
Lol then you brazenly declare that I need to learn to space better.
He means that kirby should be spacing better if you can shieldgrab him like that. Like, attacking with bair, pulling away...

Any of his attacks but a vertically spaced dair can be shieldgrabbed.
I could say almost the exact same thing about dk, if I perfect shield and then grab fast enough.

Darknid said:
You've refuted nothing and brought up several irrelevant points, and also insulted me for no reason. Stop trolling.
I don't understand how any of this is true at all.

SuSa

Banned via Administration
A1lion835:

He's a troll, but a poor one. Actually I am a troll as well, but I'm a smart troll. Also I agree with what you said.

@Darknid
Also I have bad grammar for missing a period? I could have sworn punctuation falls under a different category then grammar. Even if it did, you are a hypocrite.

Hey Darknid, it's "Yu-Gi-Oh" not "yu-gi-oh".

Triple R

Smash Lord
For the sake of all the young Kirby minds on this site, please refrain in believing what Darknid has said...

DK is unbeatable on Japes LMAO. Just like Falcos claimed or still claim that.... lol Like SuSa said just know what they do on that stage. Kirby also has some tricks up his sleeves there.

I'd also like to mention that basically any time DK is attacking he is extending his hurtbox. He has very few disjointed attacks. So even if the DK spaces perfectly with bair, you could trade hits with him.

Just don't roll into him, try not to do that against a DK, it's asking to get punished

daisho

Smash Lord
Fixed for ya. The main problem I have against DK it's the fact that if the player is smart, you'll have trouble gimping him, which leads to him living past 160% really easily. And his d-tilt trip>down b is broken T.T
If DK is EVER in an up B and you Dair him he is dead.

I played a wifi match with triple R yesterday and 4/6 of his kills were Dair spikes.

As he just mentioned, rolling vs DK is bad. When you roll I can punish with down B or up B easily.

DK is very good on Japes. I don't think any characters have the advantage over him on that stage but that doesn't mean he is unbeatable...

Idk what you are saying darknid, Fsmash is definitely punishable.

Kirbys grab combos can really **** DK. If you predict everything you can get 50% easy maybe even 70.

That being said, DK kills kirby at such rediculous percents that even with kirbys ability to gimp him, ability to combo him and DKs inability to gimp Kirby the matchup is even, maybe slightly DKs favor.

All of DKs moves outrange kirby and while DK has almost no disjointed hitboxes and you can trade hits, you don't want to. Once your at 80% your in kill range by any smashes or punch.

SuSa. Punch while you can grab out of it is not worth the attempt. If the DK does it right then you will not have much time to grab and if you mess up then you take 29% and could easily die from it.

DK can't shield grab a perfectly spaced Bair by kirby to my knowledge... Ive tried and failed, maybe im just doing it wrong though.

IDK about RC. Every time i get taken there I SD at least once. You have to pay more attention to being on top of the stage instead of worrying about the opponent. Sure there are early kills, but they get early kills too.

DK does have wall infinites and can SET THEM UP by using cargo D throw and his air game is really good so hes not HORRIBLE on that stage but i still have to ban that or frigate.

What DK can abuse on Japes:
SA up B. Down b the entire middle platform. Plank right side to charge punch. Up b brake into water. Never have lag on up B due to ledges. Easy CSS. Spike through water. B air...

Probably a bunch of stuff I missed but really, DK has a ton of stuff to do there.

No need for all the hatred...

Darknid

Smash Journeyman
Wait...you take offense at being personally attacked (he just said you don't really know what you're talking about, which I honestly have to say I agree with), attack back even more, and imply that SuSa is a troll (do trolls become MODS?) and say he has bad grammar for...missing a period at the end of one sentence?
He is a troll, clearly.

I like how you completely ignored the rest of what SuSa said on that, and that he just said it to say that DK isn't unbeatable on Japes.
I didn't say he was unbeatable on Japes. I said nobody beats DK on Japes, as in, nobody has an advantage over DK on Japes, which is true. DK's true advantage on Japes other than ledge canceled up Bs and juggernaut spins is that he lives forever and still kills early, and doesn't get gimped.

Given that there are only 3 walls over the course of the stage (1 of which is there very briefly...?), I guess I'll just have to...NOT BE NEXT TO THEM?
..But DK can grab you and carry you next to them.

I guess I just won't read when you'll try to use those KO attacks and not shield them and stuff. And then not uthrow you and kill you.
oh I guess I just won't use attacks that are completely safe on shield or break your shield with side b, or simply grab you through your shield and kill you with a throw. this is useless theory crafting, and it has no place in a matchup discussion.

Erm...Perfect shield to grab if it's not spaced PERFECTLY, and I'm almost certain you could ftilt after perfect shielding hit.
What are you talking about? Punch? Sure any attack is punishable if you PS it, that's common knowledge.

He means that kirby should be spacing better if you can shieldgrab him like that. Like, attacking with bair, pulling away...
I can still grab you as long as you were close enough to hit my shield with bair unless you were just a sliver away from whiffing the attack or something.

I could say almost the exact same thing about dk, if I perfect shield and then grab fast enough.
Does DK have to PS though?

I don't understand how any of this is true at all.
Well, it is.

Anyways, you guys have completely ignored the points I've made. Why don't you go on thinking that Kirby beats DK 65-35 or some dumb **** and get embarrassed when you face one.

Darknid

Smash Journeyman
A1lion835:

He's a troll, but a poor one. Actually I am a troll as well, but I'm a smart troll. Also I agree with what you said.

@Darknid
Also I have bad grammar for missing a period? I could have sworn punctuation falls under a different category then grammar. Even if it did, you are a hypocrite.

Hey Darknid, it's "Yu-Gi-Oh" not "yu-gi-oh".
You have bad grammar for saying "your an idiot" you dumb****. LOL

~Shao~

Smash Ace
If DK is EVER in an up B and you Dair him he is dead.
The problem is the hitbox of his up-b covers all os his body, making it hard for a d-air gimp, if your timing is a bit off, you'll get hit. And it has super armor on the beggining, meaning DK can time his up-b so you won't be able to hit him. I'm not saying it's impossible, it's very doable, but much harder if the DK knows how to recover properly.

Darknid

Smash Journeyman
The problem is the hitbox of his up-b covers all os his body, making it hard for a d-air gimp, if your timing is a bit off, you'll get hit. And it has super armor on the beggining, meaning DK can time his up-b so you won't be able to hit him. I'm not saying it's impossible, it's very doable, but much harder if the DK knows how to recover properly.
Trust me it's still the DK killer. DK has limited options while recovering. His recovery is usually great because it's so hard to mess with, but with Kirby that move is just so easy to land on DK.

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
stop personally attacking each other and stick to discussing the matchup. >_>

A1lion835

Smash Champion
*doesn't continue hate on Darknid*

I'm pretty sure dairing the upb couldn't possibly be countered by the SA frames...too many hitboxes which (together) last too long:p.

~Shao~

Smash Ace
I'm pretty sure dairing the upb couldn't possibly be countered by the SA frames...too many hitboxes which (together) last too long:p.
I'm sorry, I think I got confused, I believe DK's up-b has invincibility frames instead of SA. Sorry for the mix-up. Anyway, considering it either has SA or invincibility frames, if he times it right, you'll hit him during SA/invincibility frames, so you'll get hit out your d-air. Or maybe I'm just doing something wrong >.>

A1lion835

Smash Champion
I'm sorry, I think I got confused, I believe DK's up-b has invincibility frames instead of SA. Sorry for the mix-up. Anyway, considering it either has SA or invincibility frames, if he times it right, you'll hit him during SA/invincibility frames, so you'll get hit out your d-air. Or maybe I'm just doing something wrong >.>
I think he has both. But the invincibility frames are like 1-3 or something and I forget what the SA is...but probably not more than 3 frames.

Also, did that thing where you upb'd onto the stage during invincibility and you retained it throughout the move (or something like that) ever become that useful?

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
The way Viper makes matchups sound makes me think Kirby is the most broken character in the game.

60:40 DK.

Darknid

Smash Journeyman
DK ***** on mansion, that's why. It should be banned everywhere though, so he will go brinstar or japes, not much of an issue with that stage. DK basically never dies and he still kills you.

Anyways, 60-40 DK because he gimps Kirby as well, but he's a lot heavier, faster and stronger than Kirby is, and his range allows him to space extremely well, Kirby is out of his league in that regard.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
The way Viper makes matchups sound makes me think Kirby is the most broken character in the game.

60:40 DK.
Really? Because I can only perform and make Kirby the most broken character.... or at least S tier, I suck at making it sound like he's broken. =P

And of course I don't agree on that ratio since Donkey Kong is not as hard as Meta Knight, Marth, Snake, Ice Climbers, Wario, etc.

Darknid

Smash Journeyman
Really? Because I can only perform and make Kirby the most broken character.... or at least S tier, I suck at making it sound like he's broken. =P

And of course I don't agree on that ratio since Donkey Kong is not as hard as Meta Knight, Marth, Snake, Ice Climbers, Wario, etc.
I doubt he is as hard as those characters for Kirby, but let me just ask what good DKs you've faced?

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
This guy:

http://allisbrawl.com/profile/JV_.ai

His Donkey Kong was the best I fought so far. The first match I had Kirby vs DK on FD, I did a great amount of grab combo's on him to get DK's damage high, however he spaced me after I did at least 50% on him with the grab combo until I got to 89% then killed me with his D-Smash.... anyways it was a close battle, one stock left, and one hit to decide the winner, he won that first match, the second match was Pokemon Stadium, of course with ease I won that thanks to the Rock field, great for Stone Canceling. How ever, I won't count the last match since I switch to Mario because I hate Battlefield with Kirby, he won that one because I SD myself at the first stock... stupidly *sigh* Mario. D=

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
Not many tourney results. =S

If you're even getting FThrow to UpAir follow ups on a DK, they're not good. It's a 40-60 matchup Viper. -_-

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
I don't perform many F-Throw but U-Throw and B-Throws. You know I'm one of a few Kirby mains that use ALL of Kirby's moves usefully, lol. If you see how JV_ play than you know he's a experience Donkey Kong main. Also I would like to see proof of why this match up is 40/60 just like I want to see proof of how Olimar is 40/60 Olimar because I don't see how he's even hard. =/

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
Are you trolling right now or are you serious? -_- You can't "combo" out of UpThrow or BThrow...The guy had no tourney results so he can't be -that- good. Play Ripple or something. Can you honestly not see why Olimar is hard for Kirby?

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
It's called "your not understanding my post" I said I don't perform F-Throws much but U-Throw and B-Throw, I didn't say I never perform them. Also you have to see how he plays to judge if he's good or not, and I played him, and he's good. I'll play Ripple when I make super money again to go to the same tourney he's at. And no, I can not see how Olimar is hard for Kirby, it's not everyday I see Olimar, in fact it's rare, that's why I ask for proof and video proof. If you don't want to belive me, it's fine by me, just don't take me as joking when I'm not, I'm almost always serious on my posts when it's not a topic of joking. I'll be getting something to record my match's soon to put my money where my mouth is since you dought my skills and who I play.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
I hardly ever understand other Kirby players posts because they're all in these crazy font/colors.

I'm also not quite sure why A1 suggested Luigi's Mansion, (it's banned) because it's easily his best stage. If you want to kill him there, I suggest you take down the platforms. He can live **** near forever with his break, and if you manage to take down the pillars, he can live much longer than you because of the giant blast zones. Ever been caught in his ground pound? God help us all. (unless you tech it)

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
I did a great amount of grab combo's on him to get DK's damage high, however he spaced me after I did at least 50% on him with the grab combo until I got to 89% then killed me with his D-Smash
I don't perform many F-Throw but U-Throw and B-Throws.
If you're doing these grab combos, what are you using if you don't use FThrow? =S Both DThrow and FThrow can be escaped, and BThrow and UpThrow don't follow up into anything. So liek wtf

I'm not doubting your skill at all, lol. It's this amazing DK I've never heard of that I'm doubting. But that's beside the point. It's still 60-40.

Straked the only people that post in color here and are regulars of the Kirby boards are me, Viper, and thrilla. Me and thrilla just use...normal color font. That's like three people out of 20+ posting in color, lol.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
If you're doing these grab combos, what are you using if you don't use FThrow? =S Both DThrow and FThrow can be escaped, and BThrow and UpThrow don't follow up into anything. So liek wtf

I'm not doubting your skill at all, lol. It's this amazing DK I've never heard of that I'm doubting. But that's beside the point. It's still 60-40.

Straked the only people that post in color here and are regulars of the Kirby boards are me, Viper, and thrilla. Me and thrilla just use...normal color font. That's like three people out of 20+ posting in color, lol.
I'm exaggerating, but I know for a fact there's two more that post like that. Lovely, iirc, and some ridiculous, bold, italicized, pink, with all kinds of icons by someone in the GD.

You guys are still great.

T-nuts

Smash Ace
lol DK

my second aib tournament i ever played, my first match was against a really good DK. I beat him 2-0 but the matches were close. Then the host of the tournament suddenly changes the bracket and tells everyone to start over?? i am pissed because that fight was difficult but whatever. this time i get paired against another DK, the BEST DK (and possibly best overall player) on AiB at the time, axelol. ridiculous. he beats me 2-1. i have to start in losers. so gay.

then my first match in losers bracket was...against a DK! but he was a scrub DK who i pwned.

i end up making it all the way to losers finals and my opponent is DK. the same guy i fought earlier who i beat 2-0. this time he beats me 2-1. :mad: oh well. if i had won DK (axelol) would have been waiting for me in the DK finals anyway.

DK

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519

Oh that. Yea, I used F-Throw on that, sorry. =P

It was really strange how much damage it did, F-Throw> U-Air> N-Air> U-Tilt> D-Air> U-Grab and it did 66%. I'm currently testing this on different characters, it only works best on big characters so far. I wish I could Brawl him again, I guess I'll ask NoJ what happen to him since I haven't seen him in a while. I would have Juggleguy to help me with the match up, but he quit Brawl, now the only way is to go to a different state and know the match up better. T_T

So far 3 people say 40/60 DK, 5 people say 45/55 DK, and 1, (that would be me) say 50/50. It all depends on what Thrilla thinks now since he mains both Donkey Kong and Kirby.

Edited: Counter Picks, we need to talk more about counter picks, because Final Destination, and Battlefield are bad for use when Brawling Donkey Kong, and the only stage I can think of is Delfino Plaza, Pokemon Stadium and Pictochat.

Kirkon

Smash Cadet
Personal attacks are childish and irrelevant, especially when you have the grammar of a mIRC troll who thinks he's a yu-gi-oh villain circa 2003.
LOL @ the Yu-gi-oh thing

I think its 55-45 DK too, for the reasons above. If only i came earlier...

@ Viper: thrilla thinks its 55-45 DK, in fact, he has a summary about it a while back.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
I guess that explains it. ****, why is our match up's looking worst and worst? D=

Darknid

Smash Journeyman
Delfino, Pokemon Stadium and Pictochat? DK ***** on those stages. Picto..jugg spins and huge *** blast zones delight DK. PS1, again huge blastzones means he is hard to kill and his recovery isn't affected by the weird ledges, plus down B ***** on the windmill portion of the stage. Delfino..Water spikes and walkoffs, man. Plus he has wall infinites on every one of these stages. These are all stages to avoid.

It's pretty hard to CP DK but one great option you have is Frigate. You can abuse the dair on the right side without any ledge there for DK to snap to.

I don't know how Kirby does on it, but Norfair also offers DK few advantages and messes with his spacing game a lot.

A1lion835

Smash Champion
I'm also not quite sure why A1 suggested Luigi's Mansion, (it's banned) because it's easily his best stage. If you want to kill him there, I suggest you take down the platforms. He can live **** near forever with his break, and if you manage to take down the pillars, he can live much longer than you because of the giant blast zones. Ever been caught in his ground pound? God help us all. (unless you tech it)
I'm sorry if I have insulted his heighness by posting something wrong in a matchup thread. Clearly, it has never happened before.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
I'm sorry if I have insulted his heighness by posting something wrong in a matchup thread. Clearly, it has never happened before.
That seemed like an extremely snobby response to what was a legitimate correction with no hateful intent.

Man up.

daisho

Smash Lord
I think he has both. But the invincibility frames are like 1-3 or something and I forget what the SA is...but probably not more than 3 frames.

Also, did that thing where you upb'd onto the stage during invincibility and you retained it throughout the move (or something like that) ever become that useful?
DKs aerial up B has invincibility frames 4-6.

DKs grounded up B has SA frames 10-16.

The technique did become popular. Here is a video of me doing that but don't take that as my skill because there was lots of lag and it was like 3 weeks ago when i was awful. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cYBOkLEGmv4

I hardly ever understand other Kirby players posts because they're all in these crazy font/colors.

DK can actually live forever there... He can live any attack at 999% so...

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Delfino, Pokemon Stadium and Pictochat? DK ***** on those stages. Picto..jugg spins and huge *** blast zones delight DK. PS1, again huge blastzones means he is hard to kill and his recovery isn't affected by the weird ledges, plus down B ***** on the windmill portion of the stage. Delfino..Water spikes and walkoffs, man. Plus he has wall infinites on every one of these stages. These are all stages to avoid.

It's pretty hard to CP DK but one great option you have is Frigate. You can abuse the dair on the right side without any ledge there for DK to snap to.

I don't know how Kirby does on it, but Norfair also offers DK few advantages and messes with his spacing game a lot.
Maybe not Pictochat since DK can recover from there easily, I was thinking on top of my head, but Delfino and PS1 is better for us because Kirby can abuse those stages more. Able to shark on Delfino Plaza, Stone Cancel or Stone slide there, many air space to use different combination, etc. Pokemon Stadium, we have Water, and Stone field as our advantage over DK. Water field we can able to Ninja Spike, or Ninjacide there, and the water field windmills can save us from different attacks as well. It's bad for big characters to space there, or characters with projectiles. Rock is broken for Kirby if you know how to use Stone well. You can forget about going to the left side of the stage or the middle or you will get Stoned, the best way to fight is to stay at the right side of the stage as much as possible. Fire we can D-Tilt you near the tree, but so can you, and Grass is too neutral to give an advantage to.

I guess my next stage guide discussion will be on Donkey Kong soon so we can sort out the stage talk.

thrillagorilla

Smash Ace
I leave for two days, I come back, and there are two days worth of discussion to read! Yay discussion! :)

@Darknid: I know DK has a LOT of cool stuff on those stages, but that doesn't necessarily make them insta-win for DK. Kirby has stuff on a lot of those stages too, and some of the usual stages that DK ***** on, Kirby is simply better at (Brinstar comes to mind).

That works both ways though, and for all you Kirbys that are used to ****** on JJ, I wouldn't take DK there. It enhances DK's game a lot and some some of the things Kirby would usually be able to do there simply won't work on a good DK. I'll go into more detail later, or I'll post it in the stage discussion thread. For a quick overview of stages though, Kirby should be cp-ing FD, Brinstar (IF you know the MU well enough to know how to take advantage of the air against DK there and what to avoid from DK's game) and maybe PS1 for all the extra tricks that you can do, but don't expect your game to be enhanced too much there. Don't bother cp-ing RC or Delfino, DK has enough tricks on those stages to make up for the ones Kirby has. Avoid JJ and the Mansion, and for all that is good and holy avoid Yoshi's like the plague. If the DK has any idea of what they are doing there, Kirby's chances of winning drop dramatically. BAN IT!

@viper: Do you want me to go into more detail here, or save it for the stage discussion thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom