• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official "Little Mac for SSBB" Thread (SNES Mac, not NES)

icymatt

Smash Lord
I will be severely dissapointed if Mac is not in the game. At this point, there's no reason not to include him.

FlipTroopa

Smash Lord
Super Smash Master said:
They should put him in Brawl. He could be Ness's nemesis. XD
Hahaha XD There could be an Event Mode match where you fight in Onett, and have to avoid all of Brian's hiding places as Ness. Or, flipside, hide as Brian in the mailbox and wait for Ness to come by. Mmm...

burrito

Smash Lord
FlipTroopa said:
-Punch-Out itself has not gotten a new title in over a decade
It's about time that they make a new punchout title, don't you think? Especially, with the new Wii controller, it could be lots of fun.

parrothead

Smash Lord
Comparing NES Mac to SNES Mac is kind of like comparing one of the Balloon Fighters (Balloon Fight) to Alice (Balloon Kid/Balloon Fight GB).

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
Not really, neither of them have really great personalities. I'd rather have NES Mac who looks normal over Brian Peppers Mac.

parrothead

Smash Lord
SNES Mac doesn't look like Brian Peppers, IMO. Brian Peppers looks similar to Kim Goodman.

Also, I believe Nintendo referring to the SNES boxer as Little Mac is a sign of Nintendo abandoning the original Little Mac, because Nintendo wants to quit parodying the Rocky movies. Eventhough some Nintendo titles are inspired by other things, Nintendo really wanted to go back to the gameplay of the arcade versions, which they started it all.

Ryu777

Smash Ace
parrot head, you should put this on the front page to help people decide, I personally like the old, "never give-up even though the other guy is twic the size of me" Little Mac

parrothead

Smash Lord
That is FryGuy64's fan art, and it's not official. So, here is the only official artwork I found showing the black-haired Little Mac and Doc Louis:

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Ryu777 said:

Yes, I prefer this one too. Because of a few reasons

1) Original and will have a nostalgia feel
2) He was an underdog
3) He faced Mike Tyson, and LIVED!!!!!!
4) If they added in this Little MAc, they could add in King Hippo for his nemisis
5) Blacked-Haired Little Mac and I look so much alike, no joke, exact duplicates, we are TWINS!!!!

SideEffect001

Smash Lord
OH yesss bumped!!! LIL MAC PLZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!!

He is the coolest character, and yes he defeated Mike Tyson in his prime!! What more could u ask for?? ^^

Mich

Smash Cadet
Gotta throw my two cents in and show support for the NES Mac, although I see no reason why -- as others have suggested -- that a costume switch couldn't satisfy both parties.

For whatever reason, that simple grey/black tank top lends a lot of personality to the character. Oh wait -- the reason is because there's nothing original or interesting about a ripped, blonde guy who doesn't fit the description of 'little' at all. The nods to Rocky and other underdog stories are what made Punch Out!! endearing, although I will admit technically and gameplay wise the SNES version was superior.

Oh, and in my opinion, the presence of Little Mac in Fight Night 2 can only be attributed to the work of a single, rogue modeler hellbent on destroying the Punch Out!! canon and any fond memories we might have had of it. "Kill it with fire" indeed.

How about the pink sweatsuit Mac from the NES cutscenes?

dotdotdot!

BRoomer
BRoomer
Mich said:
Gotta throw my two cents in and show support for the NES Mac, although I see no reason why -- as others have suggested -- that a costume switch couldn't satisfy both parties.

For whatever reason, that simple grey/black tank top lends a lot of personality to the character. Oh wait -- the reason is because there's nothing original or interesting about a ripped, blonde guy who doesn't fit the description of 'little' at all. The nods to Rocky and other underdog stories are what made Punch Out!! endearing, although I will admit technically and gameplay wise the SNES version was superior.

Oh, and in my opinion, the presence of Little Mac in Fight Night 2 can only be attributed to the work of a single, rogue modeler hellbent on destroying the Punch Out!! canon and any fond memories we might have had of it. "Kill it with fire" indeed.

How about the pink sweatsuit Mac from the NES cutscenes?
I approve of this post. What He said I agree with whole hog.

Also, Pink sweatsuit Mac costume FTW!

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
parrothead said:
I bet Sakurai can make him look as good as this:

Click it to ENLARGE.
I'm getting a new laptop so I have to use an iMac and the picture won't show on my comp :( I hope it is a good design, seems other people like it.

parrothead

Smash Lord
Super Smash Master said:
I am sure Sakurai won't give us a Brian Peppers looking Mac. He will at least redesign him well.
I've seen people more ominous (like the ones from UglyPeople.Com) than Brian Peppers. What's so big about Brian Peppers? Is it because he can turn pretty people into ugly people?

dotdotdot!

BRoomer
BRoomer
parrothead said:
I've seen people more ominous (like the ones from UglyPeople.Com) than Brian Peppers. What's so big about Brian Peppers? Is it because he can turn pretty people into ugly people?
It's because he's an Internet superstar, and theres an entire backstory to him about his adventures in pedophilia, and numerous gifs and Flash movies of him sneaking up behind people. Basically, that guy's face has become synonymous with Creepy child rapists everywhere, whether or not he's actually done anything like that.

Personally, I think the Little Mac in the latest fanart reminds me of a different Internet meme, where you take the hilarious faces from a specific gay Manga and photoshop them over the faces of other things. It's called "Yaranaika" and it's hilarious.

parrothead

Smash Lord
If you think Mac from the SNES Super Punch-Out!! looks like a Super-Saiyan Brian Peppers, then I think that generic Balloon Fighter looks like Mr. Magoo after Jesus Christ touched his eyes to make him see.

You might think that the blonde-haired boxer from the SNES Super Punch-Out!! is nameless, you thought he is (incorrectly) billed as "Little Mac" by Nintendo in EA's Fight Night Round 2, and you agree with that motherfreakin' negative review at the bottom of the SNES Super Punch-Out!! Wikipedia article. Ya'll are looking forward to a pretty plain-looking boxer, Little Mac. Well, I'm sure Sakurai would choose the blonde-haired boxer, who isn't "Little", but is "Mac". Also, the green-haired boxer from the arcade versions would be one of Mac's good costumes, because he also doesn't wear tanktops, and the arcade versions are what Nintendo is focusing on more than the NES versions, because they started it all and not one ever thinks about them. I hope Nintendo would add their arcade classics to the Virtual Console list.

n0b

Smash Rookie
Since this thread is back up, I must join in supporting Nes Little Mac, and expressing my hate for SNES Mac and the stupid super saiyan looking, ugly, uninspired, boring, and annoying failure he is. The REAL Little Mac FTW, and Doc as a taunt would make it even better.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Since this thread is back up, I must join in supporting Nes Little Mac, and expressing my hate for SNES Mac and the stupid super saiyan looking, ugly, uninspired, boring, and annoying failure he is. The REAL Little Mac FTW, and Doc as a taunt would make it even better.
Y'know, I don't really care anymore, I just want Little Mac in, doesn't matter which one. I think even if they put in SNES Little Mac, he wouldn't look as bad as Fight Night.

GenG

Smash Lord
Ippo + Old Mac = SSBB Mac

Amazing series by the way. If you love boxing you should give it a look.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
off topic:wtf? it looks like his eyes is gonna pop out of his head.....

ontopic:i100links supports this character KEKEKEKE!
From a distance, Fight Night Little Mac actually doesn't look too bad, but up close, it looks he gat some plastic surgery gone wrong.

@ GenG: What series is that? Never heard of it.

GenG

Smash Lord
Ippo is not wearing tanktops, is he?
Tanktops, caps, shirts and other clothes are totally forbidden in the professional ring, so the old NES Mac may have been against the rules all the time and that's how he won!
But wtf, Ippo is very short (1.50 metters tall), and there is an amv called Little Ippo merging scenes with his fight against Ozuma (who is very similar to Mike Tyson) while playing a remix of the Punchout battle theme.
They are pretty much the same.

hemightbegiant said:
@ GenG: What series is that? Never heard of it.
The series is called Hajime no Ippo. It has 76 anime chapters, 2 movies and a manga with 741 chapters so far and doesn't seem to end anywhere soon... You should take a look at it, it's one of the best series I've ever seen for sure.

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
Your signature ROCKS Deathborne! :grin:

And who cares how Mac looks. Let's just worry about him being the game >.>
Glad to see my sig is liked. :) It originally included Takamaru and Demille, but the space in the signature would only allow for three side-by-side. Oh well... I posted a MUCH larger Support Thread Character Select in the OFFICIAL Character Disc Support Thread - if anyone wants to check it out...

Back on topic: I agree - I really don't care what look Mac gets, as long as it's not this one:

Ladies and Gentelmen, he is not pimpin.
I hope to God that they don't use anything remotely related to Mac's Fight Night Round 2 look...

dotdotdot!

BRoomer
BRoomer
Tanktops, caps, shirts and other clothes are totally forbidden in the professional ring, so the old NES Mac may have been against the rules all the time and that's how he won!
Well, to be fair, many of his opponents wore hats, turbans, and overalls, as well as used mystical powers and ninja kicks later on in both the original and the SNES versions. I think a tank top is the least of the judge's worries.

Top Bottom