• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official "Little Mac for SSBB" Thread (SNES Mac, not NES)

Muffin_man

Smash Journeyman
Thank you for that Parrothead, I'll probably never sleep again. :p

I prefer the NES Little Mac, but realisticly I think they'll go with the SNES version, as it's more recent, unique and it already has a 3D carnation, even if it was a total botch job.

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
*BUMP*

I have a feeling that Nintendo will not create the sequel to Mike Tyson's/Mr. Dream's Punch-Out!!, because there aren't any new Rocky movies nor other similar movies being made to refuel it. :laugh:

Nintendo decided to remake the Wire Boxer and the Punch-Out!! arcades as the SNES Mac and the SNES Super Punch-Out!!, because Nintendo wanted to go back to the beginning of the Punch-Out!! series. They didn't want to bring back the NES exclusive boxers excluding Mike Tyson (e.g. Von Kaiser, King Hippo, Don Flamingo, Piston Honda, etc.), because they were rip-offs of some boxers from the arcade versions.

That makes SNES Mac have a higher chance at entering SSBB than the NES Mac. RIGHT ON!!!

Awesome pic parrothead! :chuckle: SNES Mac FTW!

parrothead

Smash Lord
ON TOPIC:

I appreciate your reply, Lord_Deathborne.

I have a feeling telling me that the looks of the SSBB characters (excluding Solid Snake and Kirby) will be based on their most recent looks. If Little Mac (or just "Mac") enters, his look would be mostly based on the blonde-haired boxer from the SNES Super Punch-Out!!, which is presumed by many to be the remake of Little Mac. If the blonde-haired boxer (which I prefer to call him "Mac") enters, then I would put my fist in the air and yell out "RIGHT ON!".

If most of you still don't believe what my feeling is telling me, then let me tell most of you another thing:

Nintendo is now using modified versions of the characters' most recent looks, just like what they did to all of the returners (excluding Kirby) and the newcomers (except Solid Snake, because Konami decides on him). For example, Nintendo decided to modify Marth's look from the third Fire Emblem (second image), instead of his look from the first Fire Emblem (first image):

Image 1
Image 2

Marth's SSBM look (and perhaps his SSBB look) is also inspired by his most recent look.

OFF TOPIC:

Those X-TREME artworks of Nintendo characters were created by a fan of Nintendo and Kinnikuman (known as "M.U.S.C.L.E." and "Ultimate Muscle" outside of Japan). Click here to enter the thread that has other X-TREME artworks by the same artist who drew that artwork I showed.

And this one is from the same creator of that second X-Treme Mario artwork:

http://kirbysredesign.ytmnd.com/

MikaRabidKitsune

Smash Journeyman
ON TOPIC: Yeah, the most recent design is probably what the designers will go with. Wait....I said this before. ::hits her self in the face:: Yeah, it will be like what they did with Pit and Marth.

OFF TOPIC:
NO PANTS!!! ARGGG! He's probably going comando underneath that tunic......

And this one is from the same creator of that second X-Treme Mario artwork:

http://kirbysredesign.ytmnd.com/
LOL! That is so evil..... My eyes burn....

BTW Thankx for those links.

parrothead

Smash Lord
*BUMP*

I noticed that Charles Martinet (the voice actor of Mario, Luigi, Wario, Waluigi) is in the SNES Super Punch-Out!! credits. Perhaps he did the voice acting of some or all of the boxers. I emailed him a question about it, and I'll tell y'all what he'll say about it, as soon as he'll send me back an email.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
*BUMP*

I have a feeling that Nintendo will not create the sequel to Mike Tyson's/Mr. Dream's Punch-Out!!, because there aren't any new Rocky movies nor other similar movies being made to refuel it. :laugh:
Rocky Balboa, AKA Rocky VI, starring Sylvester Stallone!:laugh:

also, Stallone is starring in Rambo IV as well :chuckle:

parrothead

Smash Lord
*BUMP*

I modified his moveset. I also moved them up to the very first post of this thread.

parrothead

Smash Lord
When the NES Punch-Out!! titles were underdevelopment, developers thought it was too difficult to make it look and play exactly like the arcade versions, so they decided to create Little Mac, just to make sure players can see Little Mac's opponent's above his head, instead of making him wire-framed or transparent to see through him. Other things they added to the NES versions was a plot.

I believe Punch-Out!! with Mr. Dream came to Japan first, before Nintendo of America wanted to add something special to it, like a real boxer, name Mike Tyson, in place of Mr. Dream.

After I watched this commercial, I saw a Famicom title in it, that was just named "Punch-Out!!", which is probably the Mr. Dream version. I looked up the release date for Golf U.S. Course, the title advertised along with Mr. Dream's Punch-Out!!, and it was released on 6/14/1987 (according to this page), while Mike Tyson's Punch-Out!! was released later in the same year. How long did it take for Nintendo to change Mr. Dream into Mike Tyson? Perhaps a fraction of a month. So I believe Mike Tyson's Punch-Out!! was made after Mr. Dream's Punch-Out!!, and was made mostly for Americans, because Mike Tyson is a popular American boxer, as well as being a champion back in the late 80s until he lost against Buster Douglas. I guess Nintendo was sponsoring him back then.

Right now, I believe Genyo Takeda wants to continue using the arcade design of the Punch-Out!! series, instead of the NES design, because technology is becoming more powerful, and the NES design is mostly for retro reasons. And I don't think NES Mac fits in the arcade design, because of his official size being small.

I believe SNES Mac will be added to SSBB, because he is the most modern playable boxer in the Punch-Out!! series. He also has more potential than NES Mac. Charles Martinet did all of the voice acting in SNES Super Punch-Out!!, and can still do SNES Mac's voice for SSBB.

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
That gets me thinking... Does anyone think the Punch-Out!! series should be revived?

I'd say they should make a Wii game out of it, but they already have Boxing on Wii Sports, and I have the hardest time with that game! It's hard to throw punches in the direction you want!

dotdotdot!

BRoomer
BRoomer
That gets me thinking... Does anyone think the Punch-Out!! series should be revived?

I'd say they should make a Wii game out of it, but they already have Boxing on Wii Sports, and I have the hardest time with that game! It's hard to throw punches in the direction you want!
Well, Wii Boxing is extremely bare-bones. I think that if they were to make a full-on Punch-Out!! game for Wii, it would be much more streamlined, and they'd probably tighten up the controls considerably.

Octillus

Smash Ace
NNID
Octillus
3DS FC
0963-0987-3528
I really want Little Mac in the game, just because I think Punch-Out! is the only seminal nintendo series (notice I said series, and not game) that has had next to no representation in like 10 years, (GC Fight Night Little Mac surprise was bogus.)

Also, you have to add someone like Little Mac to the smash, because really, everyone wants that "feel-good" story of the little guy with a heart of gold beating up cartoon characters that all made us feel better when we were young.

You need someone like that to stamp out our dreams.

Also, Santa isn't real.

parrothead

Smash Lord
I'm wondering why would Nintendo put the SNES Super Punch-Out!! and its playable boxer in Fight Night Round 2, instead of the NES or arcade Punch-Out!! titles and a playable boxer from one of them? I believe it's because the SNES Super Punch-Out!! is the most modern Punch-Out!! title. Even though, you've seen the NES version in WarioWare: Smooth Moves, that was for retro reasons. Even the arcade version made a cameo appearance in the Tingle RPG, and that was also for retro reasons.

parrothead

Smash Lord
*bump*

The SNES Super Punch-Out!! commercial has finally been uploaded to gameads.gamepressure.com:

Click here to watch. It's pretty risible.

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
*bump*

The SNES Super Punch-Out!! commercial has finally been uploaded to gameads.gamepressure.com:

Click here to watch. It's pretty risible.
That's a cool commerical! I wished I had gotten the game while I had the chance.

Oh well, I'm sure it will be downloadable for the Wii's Virtual Console in no time.

ClarkJables

Smash Lord
i am for little mac 100% in brawl, but why can't we have both the nes and snes mac. they are both the same person, it would just be a cosmetic difference, like if wario were to get his warioland costume and his warioware costume. and what kind of moves do you think he will get in brawl

parrothead

Smash Lord
*bump*

What do the Punch-Out!! and TMNT series have in common?

|1.| They both started in 1984 (not 1987), but they were overlooked back then. The first thing in the Punch-Out!! series was an arcade game simply called "Punch-Out!!", but it was different compared to the NES version. The first thing in the TMNT series was it's first comic series simply called "TMNT".

|2.| In 1987, their next things are what caused them to become very popular. The Punch-Out!! arcade was ported to the NES with some extra stuff. The TMNT comics became very different, and turned into animated cartoon.

AND

|3.| Later, they had some things based mostly on their originals from 1984, but didn't seem to cheer up the fans as much as the ones in 1987. The SNES Super Punch-Out!! is based mostly on the Punch-Out!! arcades, while the TMNT cartoon first aired in 2003 is based mostly on the TMNT comic series of 1984.

burrito

Smash Lord
I believe Punch-Out!! with Mr. Dream came to Japan first, before Nintendo of America wanted to add something special to it, like a real boxer, name Mike Tyson, in place of Mr. Dream.
It was actually the opposite way around. Punch Out!! was originally made with an American audience in mind, so the NES version added Mike Tyson to it. There were problems with Mike Tyson because of all the bad press and stuff, so they dropped him and changed himto a character named Mr.Dream.

Eric the Lone

Smash Journeyman
STFU!!! Stop it! Just stop it already!!! Little Mac already has enough opposition on this board without you fiends complicating matters by bickering about which incarnation should get in!! There WILL LIKELY BE FOUR COSTUME OPTIONS IF AND LET ME EMPAHSIZE >>>IF<<< LM even gets in the game! WHAT WOULD STOP THEM FROM USING BOTH PLUS WHATEVER THEY DECIDE TO THROW IN??!??! IS IT THAT IMPORTANT WHICH IS THE DEFAULT??! IF SO THAT'S JUST SAD. Anyway, both versions have their own virtues! STOP POSTING THESE MASSIVE ESSAYS THAT CAN BE PARAPHRASED AS "LOLO MY PERSONAL TASTE >> YOURS OLOL" JUST STOP PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD!!!!!!!!!! This nes/snes squabble is tearing the Little Mac community apart!!

lol jk, but seriously though. please, enough.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
I must say this topic does phail because the premise was just to spite another topic.

But, still, Little Mac 4 Brawl.

Link'sShadow

Smash Journeyman
I really don't care which Mac is on (though I do have a pref to NES) I can bet that whichever is going to be on will have a color swap of the other.

I just want Little Mac.

He is probably my most want character (well that has a chance to be in). He's a boxer of one of the best fighting games of all time.

Oh yeah GenG that's like one of my Favorite clips on Youtube.

Top Bottom