• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Lucario Guide/FAQ/Database. XD Sorry I haven't updated in while! Soon!

Teh Lord God StrYkeR

Smash Rookie
Watch me point to the sky, you'll say i'll never f
In one of the first Lucario gameplay videos I saw, it was on FD, he got hit pretty far and low out to the right side, as he DI'ed back in it was clear he was not going to make it, he used upB i think, extreme speed, but instead of tilting it up, he aimed straight to the left, at a spot about half way down the side of the stage, he used wall cling, and hung there for a second before jumping up, grabbing the edge, and rolling back on to the stage.
My question is, is this a fairly hard maneuver to pull off?

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
In one of the first Lucario gameplay videos I saw, it was on FD, he got hit pretty far and low out to the right side, as he DI'ed back in it was clear he was not going to make it, he used upB i think, extreme speed, but instead of tilting it up, he aimed straight to the left, at a spot about half way down the side of the stage, he used wall cling, and hung there for a second before jumping up, grabbing the edge, and rolling back on to the stage.
My question is, is this a fairly hard maneuver to pull off?
Not at all.
In fact, reports show that using Extreme Speed into a wall AUTO-Wall Clings.
I need to find out how many frames of invincibility you get from those clings/jumps, and determine if a workable stall is plausible.

-DD

omega_ridley_X

Smash Apprentice
The fiery pits of Norfair, home of RIDLEY!!!
More video to add to the list!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2GfExJHOgPo - this one confirms lucario can counter-attack projectiles! awesome! it also looks like you can grab thrown items by shielding. could you do that in melee?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LuF8IFTRURA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mc27fRtXJwU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nr0mNzm8bWs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EK-64k6afQg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ymEDwzfVQQ

unfortunately, the guy playing as lucario wasn't that great. this is definitely NOT lucarios full potential.

kaid

Smash Master
Both times, it was a bomb caught just asLucario landed with his shield up. I'd say that's using Z to air-grab items, again. A would do it on the ground.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Excellent. In my moveset Lucario gained power when his damage increased. Of course every other prediction was wrong.

He looks like a fun character and I must say, I do not feel too bad for him stealing Mewtwo's place.

Indignant

Smash Journeyman
Quick question. If you were to survive to a percentage of 300+% would your damage and knockback done go up further? In effect, is there a cap or can you continue to gain power until 999%?

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Okay! I updated the first post, with some revised Tilt/Aerial ratings.

I changed ALL * range attacks to **, because the hitboxes thanks to Aura are just amazing.
I think I also finished filling out all the attacks.
I know I have info on all of them, so if I missed one, point it out.
Too tired to look over it @_@...
-DD

Ichida

Smash Ace
*steps onto the stage, heroic pose* Zettai Lucario wa kachi! Add me to that list of Lucario mainers!

Ancient Mini-Stir

Smash Cadet
You know, the more I think about it, the more I'd say Lucario would be great in Sudden Death ... the multipliers do work there, right? I would assume so, but the devs might've made it otherwise for whatever reason. Can anyone confirm/deny that Lucario gets his damage/knockback boost in a Sudden Death Brawl?

Red Impact

Smash Cadet
You know, the more I think about it, the more I'd say Lucario would be great in Sudden Death ... the multipliers do work there, right? I would assume so, but the devs might've made it otherwise for whatever reason. Can anyone confirm/deny that Lucario gets his damage/knockback boost in a Sudden Death Brawl?
According to DarkDragoon's thread, the mutliplier caps at 2.2x @ 200%. Still, I see your point. In Sudden Death, this would be VERY welcome.

Ancient Mini-Stir

Smash Cadet
Yep, I never meant the boost went higher, I'm just wondering if it works there or not. If it does, Lucario would get his full 2.2x boost on his attacks, fully powered. Which is why I'm not sure if the devs would allow it in Sudden Death or not; it would definitely give Lucario an advantage over other characters. Still, at the same time, I can't really see them disabling it. Just looking for some confirmation :)

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Doesn't matter if its on or not.
In SD, its important to have a strong and ranged attack, and as little lag as possible.
Lucario hits all 3 nails on the head.
Honestly, I think most SDs with Lucario will be solved with a single UTilt, and if that misses then jump to an F/U/B/DAir.

=P Versatile much?
-DD

FinalCut

Smash Rookie
Doesn't matter if its on or not.
In SD, its important to have a strong and ranged attack, and as little lag as possible.
Lucario hits all 3 nails on the head.
Honestly, I think most SDs with Lucario will be solved with a single UTilt, and if that misses then jump to an F/U/B/DAir.

=P Versatile much?
-DD
Add me to list.

Ichida

Smash Ace
Don't forget to add me to that list. You can add my YouTube page (Ichidazure) though I won't have any clips up til the game comes out.

/~Dogma~\

Smash Lord
hey long time no see dark dragoon check out my info database thread on ike id like an unbaised opionion (like what i did here) if u can thxs

Meta_Sonic64

Smash Master
By short projectiles, what do you mean? Also, will Lucario's counter be similar to Marth's? In today's update it stated that Marth could counter attacks at the same knockback strength.

Furanshi

Smash Rookie
Yep, I never meant the boost went higher, I'm just wondering if it works there or not. If it does, Lucario would get his full 2.2x boost on his attacks, fully powered. Which is why I'm not sure if the devs would allow it in Sudden Death or not; it would definitely give Lucario an advantage over other characters. Still, at the same time, I can't really see them disabling it. Just looking for some confirmation :)
Here's your confirmation

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FBdMXc-nrDM

at about 3:30 lucario charges his aura sphere in SD, Onviously the boosted one, seeing as it dealt 27 damage in one shot and fully charged in about 2.5 seconds

welcome.

kaid

Smash Master
Hm. From the videos I've seen, your description of the vB sounds a little off.
What I see is, if you are hit during your counter frames, you teleport behind your opponent. If "behind your opponent" is on the ground, you slash foreward into them. if "Behind your opponent" is in the air, you slash down at an angle.

2:49, Lucario counters an attack a few pixels above a platform, but appears on the air next to the platform, and drops.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Hm. From the videos I've seen, your description of the vB sounds a little off.
What I see is, if you are hit during your counter frames, you teleport behind your opponent. If "behind your opponent" is on the ground, you slash foreward into them. if "Behind your opponent" is in the air, you slash down at an angle.

2:49, Lucario counters an attack a few pixels above a platform, but appears on the air next to the platform, and drops.
If you do a successful counter in the air, Lucario still drops as though he were free falling, although invisible, and then charges forward with the attack, until he hits something, or the animation runs out.
The Angle only happened because he landed on a platform, and then flew off it.
=D Gravity man, Gravity.
=P I REALLY wish I could show you the best example I've ever seen of Lucario doing it, which was on Battlefield, but I was unable to record that match =/.
Short projectile counter was done in the SAME match as well.
Short Projectile = Projectile that hasn't traveled far from its origin.
So, using counter against a Missle Spam Samus will do you no good if you're on one side of Final Destination, and shes on the other.

Also, fully animated pictures of nearly ALL of Lucario's attacks will be added to the guide soon, and I'll update the Mainer's list when that happens.

=P Thanks for the help and support.

As for the question about Lucario's DTilt hitting behind him, its very possible, because Lucario has an assortment of deceptive and tricky hitboxes.

-DD

Top Bottom