• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Lucario Guide/FAQ/Database. XD Sorry I haven't updated in while! Soon!

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
The farthest I've seen so far is about the distance that...the Ice Climber's Ice Blocks travel in about 1.5 seconds.
=P Because that was the example I saw.
Its not INSANE length, but it is pretty unexpected.
Also, to whoever compared Lucario's counter to Marth's, they're completely different, and I'm pretty sure Lucario's is better in terms of knockback and power, especially with the Multipliers.

-DD

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Looks pretty sweet to me.
The text needs and Lucario's lining need to be smoothed out a bit, but its pretty solid otherwise.
-DD

omega_ridley_X

Smash Apprentice
The fiery pits of Norfair, home of RIDLEY!!!
Looks pretty sweet to me.
The text needs and Lucario's lining need to be smoothed out a bit, but its pretty solid otherwise.
-DD
ahh, well i tried to make the text a bit "scratchy", but i guess it just doesnt work very well that way. and i guess the lining on lucario does need a bit of work. i'll probably have it edited on saturday, for i have plans for friday.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Okay guys!
I updated the first post again.
There are links to some .gif files for most of the moves.
I have more to post, but I'm tired, and I'll finish tomorrow.

Sorry if they're a bit blurry, I'll compact their size and repost them later if you guys want.
-DD

Indignant

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys...did you check the movie on the Dojo today? The text at the bottom seems interesting...I think Lucario will be revealed next!

He, afterall, definitely has a much different way of determining friend from foe...the aura.

Indignant

Smash Journeyman
I would like to see if Sakurai hints at anything about him we don't know yet...everyone is getting "hints" now...should he go back and put them up for other characters too?

/~Dogma~\

Smash Lord
hey dark dragoon how do u add GIF's? im starting to update my thread in ike

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Even if he is updated next, it's not like we'll learn something new..
On the contrary.
Today I learned that ZSS and Samus can switch freely!
I didn't know about Marth's knockback until he was announced.
Although, I'm sure Lucario's gimmick is his Multipliers, Sakurai may give us the exact numbers :p.

Anyhow, I updated the first post again, the collection of .GIFs should be complete.

Now I need to get ahold of someone else who has played Lucario via AIM/MSN that I can discuss potential MetaGame with, just so I know I'm not doing it wrong =X!

-DD

MookieRah

Kinda Sorta OK at Smash
How does Lucario compare to the other chars?
It's hard to say at this point seeing as how the game is so new, but he seems REALLY good, and definitely a solid tournament viable character. I think he will end up being in the top 5 characters overall.

I am super biased though XD.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Considering that those "Top Characters" seem to be based on Tournament standings, and judging by how much we've already seen a few Competitive players handle Lucario fairly well, Top 5 will be a breeze if we keep out pace ;P.
Top 10 Garunteed.

=/ Also Super Biased.
@_@ But how Biased can you be after playing Mewtwo for so long? Playing as someone bad sorta defines what good is, doesn't it?

Mookie, when did you say you were getting your hands on some Brawl?
-DD

FinalCut

Smash Rookie
I have a Youtube account and am geteting SSBB JPN and a Wii JPN.=D
Youtube.com/user/GroudonLOL
Will probably move to a alt for ssbb.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
=P Nice Final, then you can tell me how effective my guide is! XD
-DD

Indignant

Smash Journeyman
Even if he is updated next, it's not like we'll learn something new..
You never know...now that they are giving "Tips" we might find something interesting. We had no idea about Samus/ZSS quick switch. There's still secrets in the game, whether we like it or not.

Meta_Sonic64

Smash Master
It's hard to say at this point seeing as how the game is so new, but he seems REALLY good, and definitely a solid tournament viable character. I think he will end up being in the top 5 characters overall.

I am super biased though XD.
Biased or not, people can't deny that he's a good character.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Thanks! Those vids reminded me that I didn't update a bunch of the move comments like I meant to after I got to play the game a bit.
I've done that now, and I added those vids too.
-DD

NESSBOUNDER

Smash Master
It's really silly that you're still listing his Force Palm as a weakness. The fact that it stops traction, coupled with the range of the extended hitbox is great for fakeouts.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
It's really silly that you're still listing his Force Palm as a weakness. The fact that it stops traction, coupled with the range of the extended hitbox is great for fakeouts.
;P My mistake.
=D Fake outs only work on people who think while playing though.
Mindless people are like "He stopped moving. lol wut? Falcon PAUNCH!"
If they ARE quick thinkers, they'll just jump, or use a REALLY quick move.

=/ When I played Lucario earlier this week, I liked how you can keep his offensive tempo moving, and this move just sorta seemed to put a stop on it for a bit once it misses.

=P Besides, I like quoting you posing a counter point.

Actually...
GASP.
>.> I need to ask someone with Brawl to go get hit really hard while playing Lucario, and hold crouch. They SHOULD slide on the floor...
and once hit, they **MIGHT** be able to his B> and stop they're momentum D:!

-DD

-Knux-

Smash Ace
Ok. I just took 3 sessions of 10 times of Lucario's wall cling with a stop watch (Assuming the guy DID let Lucario hang on as long as he could in the video). I then got an average out of them.

Session I Average: 3.326 secs.
Session II Average: 3.460 secs.
Session III Average: 3.379 secs.

Overall Average of Lucario's Wall Cling: 3.390 seconds

Again, this average is out of a total of 30 timed clings. It's spot on.

And on a side note, there's this video of Lucario's congratulatory ending in Classic Mode: http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=hwn0gG4Zvng

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Okay I have SSBB so I'll get up my vids, so far your stuff is pretty accurate.
Good to hear, I added you on AIM, so I'll be messaging you about things I may want you to try out =).
=P You could be Beta-Testing Lucario's initial MetaGame.

You too, if you want to Coen.
=P By the way, 2:45-2:50 was poetry in motion.
GJ on proper use of Airs.

-DD

-Knux-

Smash Ace
Ok. I just took 3 sessions of 10 times of Lucario's wall cling with a stop watch (Assuming the guy DID let Lucario hang on as long as he could in the video). I then got an average out of them.

Session I Average: 3.326 secs.
Session II Average: 3.460 secs.
Session III Average: 3.379 secs.

Overall Average of Lucario's Wall Cling: 3.390 seconds

Again, this average is out of a total of 30 timed clings. It's spot on.

And on a side note, there's this video of Lucario's congratulatory ending in Classic Mode: http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=hwn0gG4Zvng
I'll show this one more time in case you haven't seen this, DD. ^^

CrazyShaman

Smash Apprentice
Given that I have now joined after a while of lurking, add me as a lucario mainer if you would, please.

Top Bottom