• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official MBR 2010 NTSC Tier List

Merkuri

Smash Lord
Falco Fox Puff Sheik Marth - not ordered

Peach Falcon ICs - partially ordered

Ganon Samus Doc Mario Pikachu Luigi DK - not ordered

Link YLink Zelda Roy Mewtwo - ordered

GAW Yoshi Pichu Bowser Ness Kirby - not ordered

My list *****
7 characters in a tier group that isn't ordered? That's just stupid.

Ocean

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
OCEAN#0
projectiles are more important than nair for the links, and y. link's projectiles are pretty damn good.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
vs fox and falco

combat tools are more important than projectiles

and link has much more range on his combat tools

though link can theoretically be circle camped by fox indefinitely on some levels so ylink's speed might make him better there anyway

Merkuri

Smash Lord
projectiles are more important than nair for the links, and y. link's projectiles are pretty damn good.
Y.link's projectiles are inferior to Links, they only seem better because of his greater mobility.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
YLink's bombs and arrows are better than Link's.

Bombs hit more times, stun for longer, etc. Do more damage, even.

Arrows do much more stun.

Not sure about boomerangs.

Ocean

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
OCEAN#0
yeah, y. link's boomerang can be thrown at steeper angles. all his projectiles are better; I have no idea where you got the notion that they weren't.

Merkuri

Smash Lord
yeah, y. link's boomerang can be thrown at steeper angles. all his projectiles are better; I have no idea where you got the notion that they weren't.
Mostly from the fact that they're weaker and have less range.

I had forgotten about the arrows when i made the statement, but I say Link arrow is better cuz it actually helps for edge guarding. An uncharged arrow has no stun, it's great against fast fallers, Ylink's own just push them up more.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Mostly from the fact that they're weaker and have less range.
I think the range is fairly negligible. Boomerangs have similar enough range that the difference rarely if ever matters. The bomb throw ranges are different, but YLink's bombs are still better. That YLink's combo at lower percents, combo from further away, and link to KO moves into much higher percents because of the lower KB (but upped stun) make them superior.

An uncharged arrow from YLink will still stop Illusion or whatever or stun them long enough for YLink to then go off and Nair or whatever he needs to do to kill them.

Ocean

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
OCEAN#0
this is not a thread worth bumping, not to mention it's stickied, so bumping it changes nothing.

rhan

Smash Hero
Link's Nair beats boomerang easy. And Link can catch bombs just as easy ad YLink.

Y.link's projectiles are inferior to Links, they only seem better because of his greater mobility.
Young Link's projectiles are better. Bombs are smaller, last longer, and have multiple hits. Arrows give more stun. Boomerang can produce Link angled boomerang throws and sharper angled. Also at point blank smash boomerang deals 16 - 18%. Link's does less from what I remember. I'l ask my Link partner later.

Dark Hart

Rejected by Azua
LOL, its been discussed to hell and back. :150:>:zelda:
While I don't wanna start this again (and I won't)

I must say that while it's been discussed to hell and back, M2 players still think it's in his favor, Zelda players think it's in her favor.

Whether there was legitimate discussion happening, blatant trolling, or just stubborn butthurts fighting over which character goes on which end of the greater-than symbol, we just haven't gotten anywhere.

I think that that space on the match-up chart should just be a black-hole.

Because we'll never get to an agreement.

ever

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
LOL, zelda players had no opinion. Zone, the Lake, Cosmo, umbreon...not a single one of them said in zeldas favor during the discussion. Just sayin, mow went as far as to say its in M2s favor while Cosmo said he just didnt kno.

and no its not worth it to get into it again because its a joke topic now. but the truth is still the truth lol.

rhan

Smash Hero
It honestly doesn't matter when both your characters lose to YLink..

:troll:

But yeah.. I would like to know the opinions of the other Zelda players cuz everytime this arguement came up it's just Dark Hart.

Zone

Smash Champion
If I really had to give my opinion on Zelda vs mewtwo I'd say it's too close to say it's favored in any direction. Why y'all fighting like its a good thing to have your char listed as stronger preferably I'd like to let falcos think they suck just cuz they lose to me cuz of how LOW my character is listed as. Going up the tier list doesn't give you better moves lol.

Laijin

Smash Hero
So like I said before.
Young Link is the best of the low tiers.
The best of the worst. lol.

and omg guys really?
How many times has this discussion happened before?
Mewtwo vs Zelda.

LOL.
Its like the most troll discussion ever.

Zelda wins.

Top Bottom