• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official MBR 2010 NTSC Tier List

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
So like I said before.
Young Link is the best of the low tiers.
The best of the worst. lol.

and omg guys really?
How many times has this discussion happened before?
Mewtwo vs Zelda.

LOL.
Its like the most troll discussion ever.

Zelda wins.
man are u kidding me. we didn't even get a game in.

also where were all the zelda players, I only saw the lake.

Doc King

Smash Lord
How can M2 win when he's so huge and light and can barely combo? All Zelda has to do is kick him like 3 times and he's dead, how the **** does m2 do anything?
Actually Mewtwo can combo pretty good with his down tilt, double jump cancel moves, down throw, etc.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
Yea whats up with that. I kept saying I'll play you all weekend too >__>
Sucks. Are you going to Genesis?
lol u never sat down to play. u said u was mad tired. I got a chance to play rhan tho.

gg on winning the other bracket tho.

ill be at genesis.

yl m2 is still 60-40 tops.

Laijin

Smash Hero
lol u never sat down to play. u said u was mad tired. I got a chance to play rhan tho.

gg on winning the other bracket tho.

ill be at genesis.

yl m2 is still 60-40 tops.
I went to bed shortly after that haha. I was pretty damn tired by the time I first met you. Should have played yesterday though. =\
Oh well.
Hopefully I can go to Genesis. We'll def. play there if I make it

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
In the Air, Using Up b as an offensive move
sweetxignorance: ylink da bess
me: Nair you are my only thing
you all i can use
any situation, nothing else i can abuse
AND I THROW YOU DOWN
EVERY TIME I PICK YOU UP
THEN THROW A NAIR OUT LIKE I DONT GIVE A ****
I MIGHT GET A LEAD, IF YOU START TO SUCK
BUT I CAN ONLY DO ONE THING ANY GIVEN TIME

rhan

Smash Hero
YL v bad Mewtwo - 75/25

YL v Taj/Kaostar Mewtwo - 60/40

Kao did some pretty tricky stuff in the matches we played and believe it or not Mewtwo can edgeuard YL fairly well. The priority on the tail vs YL's recovery methods is amazingly good.

Ocean

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
OCEAN#0
yoshi vs young link is a strange as hell matchup

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
YL v bad Mewtwo - 75/25

YL v Taj/Kaostar Mewtwo - 60/40

Kao did some pretty tricky stuff in the matches we played and believe it or not Mewtwo can edgeuard YL fairly well. The priority on the tail vs YL's recovery methods is amazingly good.
lol thanks.

Pretty much Ive come to the conclusion that the most annoying thing that YL does to M2 is throw bombs down or drop them. M2 is a pretty big target and being stuck n your shield sucks.

Im pretty sure M2 can get around it by not allowing himself to be put into that position. He is fast enough to punish alot of link/Yls laggy moves so getting hits in isnt a problem. I think I could probably try to play aggro enough to not give Yl breathing room to camp, lil dude cant really run away from M2, only if he is hitting you with ****.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
Considering the hitbox on Jiggz giant foot...Im sure she can swat the rang. If im not mistaken all you have to do is hit is to send it back, or maybe it just has to collide with a hitbox/hurtbox but same difference.

x After Dawn x

Smash Master
kaostar if her hitbox collided with the rang, then it doesn't necessarily mean it hit her as long as it doesn't hit her hurtbox. it's been a while since i've played that matchup but i used to play that matchup a **** ton on jiggs' side and iirc both nair and bair swat away the rang

Laijin

Smash Hero
Should've played Kaostar. I still believe YL vs M2 is greater than 60-40.
At least 75-25 or 80-20.

YL CAN run away from M2 effectively enough to pull out more **** and toss more stuff at him. Really gonna have to play one of you guys to prove you wrong. ;O

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
kaostar if her hitbox collided with the rang, then it doesn't necessarily mean it hit her as long as it doesn't hit her hurtbox. it's been a while since i've played that matchup but i used to play that matchup a **** ton on jiggs' side and iirc both nair and bair swat away the rang

I said if jiggz hitbox collided with the rang. I didnt mention anything about her getting hit. I actually dnt know her hurtbox size, but eh hitboxes on her foot are ****ing stupid lol.

I later added, I believe, just trying to be as correct as possible, that the boomerang returns when it either collides with a hitbox or a hurtbox.

@laijin-homie I was there lol, I played ya boi rhan. The point about Yls projectiles is that they dont force M2 to approach. I can just as easily avoid them and avoid all your approaches even on a stage like ys. But doing that doesnt allow me to approach either, so just just get u throwing **** and M2 dodging ****....boring, but I kno thats how u like to play ^_^

But Im pretty sure the most annoying thing to M2 is when u drop bombs on his head. typically when u full jump m2 tries to use his range on his upair to counter, but with bomb drops thats difficult.

ur flaw is that you have to phyiscally pull out a bomb, and you cant throw a boomerange while yours is still out....which means Im most likely approaching after you have thrown a boomerang and b4 u pull a bomb(ideal but the perfect situation doesnt always occur).

Bottom line my friend, U are trying to tell me that YL is as hard as fox or jiggz. Ill take effective projectiles up the *** if I could avoid fox upsmash/upthrow upair/drill grab, and puff rest/safe *** bair spam.

fyi-the best way to rest M2 while at a low percent. CC his nair and spam the **** outta down B. Its ****ing stupid, dont tell any puff players tho ;)

D

Deleted member

LOL, zelda players had no opinion. Zone, the Lake, Cosmo, umbreon...not a single one of them said in zeldas favor during the discussion. Just sayin, mow went as far as to say its in M2s favor while Cosmo said he just didnt kno.

and no its not worth it to get into it again because its a joke topic now. but the truth is still the truth lol.
don't take me out of context, I only said mewtwo should win in theory and that it is otherwise even.

except me, my old *** will still **** any mewtwo, I understand both characters too well. come to my door and i'll **** you up.

edit: I was at p5, i only played friendlies. dr pp ***** me and i played like **** but still beat pretty much everyone i played.

YL vs M2 is an exercise in stupidity on behalf of the m2 player. just pick fox and nair/dair > shine and not care what YL does. his entire character is inferior to that strategy even if fox doesn't aim his attacks.

Laijin

Smash Hero
Jigglypuff won't have an easier time even if they did learn the MU. Thats as good of advice as telling a Kirby main to "just learn the Fox Match up". Its still going to be 100-0 no matter how you put it.
So YL-Jiggs will always be 60-40. If they don't know the MU, it can look like 70-30 lol

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
don't take me out of context, I only said mewtwo should win in theory and that it is otherwise even.

except me, my old *** will still **** any mewtwo, I understand both characters too well. come to my door and i'll **** you up.

edit: I was at p5, i only played friendlies. dr pp ***** me and i played like **** but still beat pretty much everyone i played.

YL vs M2 is an exercise in stupidity on behalf of the m2 player. just pick fox and nair/dair > shine and not care what YL does. his entire character is inferior to that strategy even if fox doesn't aim his attacks.
The bolded part is good enough, and I agree with that. I was only pointing out that none of the Zelda players actually said that Zelda wins the MU. Its very close, never said that M2 scrapes anyone lol. I just like to argue so ppl seem to forget what Im actually saying, M2 has a slight adv in the MU, having more mobility and the ability to set the tempo of the Match.

LOL, I wish we had got some games in, I didnt know you were there. Vman told me that you were there....like yesterday lol.

YL vs M2 is still in YLs favor, never argued that, just its not fox bad, lmao @ character bias.

Laijin

Smash Hero

I said if jiggz hitbox collided with the rang. I didnt mention anything about her getting hit. I actually dnt know her hurtbox size, but eh hitboxes on her foot are ****ing stupid lol.

I later added, I believe, just trying to be as correct as possible, that the boomerang returns when it either collides with a hitbox or a hurtbox.

@laijin-homie I was there lol, I played ya boi rhan. The point about Yls projectiles is that they dont force M2 to approach. I can just as easily avoid them and avoid all your approaches even on a stage like ys. But doing that doesnt allow me to approach either, so just just get u throwing **** and M2 dodging ****....boring, but I kno thats how u like to play ^_^

But Im pretty sure the most annoying thing to M2 is when u drop bombs on his head. typically when u full jump m2 tries to use his range on his upair to counter, but with bomb drops thats difficult.

ur flaw is that you have to phyiscally pull out a bomb, and you cant throw a boomerange while yours is still out....which means Im most likely approaching after you have thrown a boomerang and b4 u pull a bomb(ideal but the perfect situation doesnt always occur).

Bottom line my friend, U are trying to tell me that YL is as hard as fox or jiggz. Ill take effective projectiles up the *** if I could avoid fox upsmash/upthrow upair/drill grab, and puff rest/safe *** bair spam.

fyi-the best way to rest M2 while at a low percent. CC his nair and spam the **** outta down B. Its ****ing stupid, dont tell any puff players tho ;)
Edit:
GENESIS. WE SHALL PLAY FOR SURE AND SETTLE THIS DISCUSSION ONCE AND FOR ALL!
lol.

Yoshi vs Young Link is a ton of fun. I wish I had gotten my matches vs VMan recorded. They were crazu

Top Bottom