• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official MBR 2010 NTSC Tier List

Biglard

Smash Journeyman
Goku is a johner.

He was the strongest against Freezer, but from this point on, he has always pretended either to be dead (when we all know his friends could have revived him in no time with the dragon balls), or to want other people to fight in his place for the future of Earth (Gohan against Cell, Gotenks against Boo). I mean, at some point he was even weaker than Piccolo, but because of his so-called sickness, noone was ever able to witness it.

By saying he dosen't want to fight anymore, in order for the next generation to protect Earth when he's not there anymore, he's just looking for excuses to hide his weakness.

And, cherry on the cake, at the very end of the manga, when he's about to fight Vegeta once again, he just finds someone to train and uses this excuse in order to fly away from a fight he knows he would lose. This could seem like just one more of his nasty tricks to avoid confrontation, BUT IT'S WORSE! He perfectly knows that Oob has a bigger potential than anybody else he knows, and by training him, Goku will make himself the master of the most powerful fighter of the universe, thus confirming he's the number one with no need to fight to prove it.

Ergo, Vegeta > Captain Falcon > Goku.

x After Dawn x

Smash Master
Sorry biglard but manga is never canon.

Barring aside stupidly powerful broken **** in GT, Kid Buu pretty much ***** everyone. Killed a ton of people and destroyed a ****ing planet. ****ing blew up earth and then went on to find where Goku ****ied out. That's top tier material right there.

Frieza wasn't powerful compared to how much the rest of the people got in the later stages, but he also killed the most people and was the biggest challenge for how long he was there. He was there for more episodes than any other villain lolol.

And **** GOHAN. LITTLE ***** GOES SSJ2 BEFORE HIS FATHER AND THEN HE QUITS EVERYTHING SO HE CAN TAKE IT IN THE *** BY VIDEL.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
He spent his time studying, i say he used his potential wisely.
clearly he had other talents....studying was a waste for him. being smart was only necessary if he wanted to pretend like he wasn't one of the strongest beings in the universe.

also why did nobody ever cross train techniques or improve on them. I would have had everybody using instant transmission at least.

:phone:

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
My favorite story arc was the one where he went to school and played baseball. He was trying not to stand out, but after jumping 50 ft in the air to catch a fly ball and then taking a baseball to the head without blinking people started catching on lol

-ShadowPhoenix-

Smash Bash
NNID
ShdwPhnx
3DS FC
2595-1989-8575
Okay guys...

you're all obv big n00bs so ill be kind enough to set things straight

S Tier

Goku
Mr. Satan
Yajirobe

A Tier

Vegeta

B Tier

Everyone else

*Gohan is not included, because i hate that *****

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
what? more often than not it is canon! at least when the series started out as manga and then BECAME anime

one piece :D

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
why do you hate it? it's one of the best mangas of all time lol.

of course it's still going! i think it's just about a little past halfway, according to what the author has said

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
hmmm i see. yea i guess u gotta get urself into it a bit before the style grows on you. since i'm a big fan, i've grown to think that the manga artwork (especially past chapters 400~500) is the best in the whole world. it's mind-boggling to think that they can release that kind of quality nearly every week.

but yea, the style is mad weird

Winston

Smash Master
Seattle, WA (slightly north of U-District)
Name me ONE series of anything where the manga is canon.
what? more often than not it is canon! at least when the series started out as manga and then BECAME anime
this is what I've always thought... I've never really heard someone argue that the anime adaptation of a manga is canon, if there are differences. Where's the logic in that?

so... my example would be DBZ?

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
it usually just depends on which comes first. if something starts as an anime/movie/game and then is adapted into manga, it's usually the one that comes first that is canon.

LLDL

Smash Hero
Canon is like something that follows the story directly as the original writer of the manga/anime wrote it.

An example would be that Dragonball gt was not written by the creator of dragonball/dbz, so some people don't consider it to be canon.

Some video games based on animes have characters /story modes that don't appear in the show/manga, the games are considered to be non-canon, etc.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
haha. it's so hard to say with american comic universes though. marvel and dc both have such mixed and confusing worlds because their characters have been rehashes so many times over the years.

so people usually just go with the earliest original parts of the storyline

shoutoutz 2 og yellow wolverine still being the best costume

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
i haven't really read many animes & mangas, but aren't the naruto anime and manga the same story as well as Hunter x Hunter's

LLDL

Smash Hero
With comics like marvel and dc I consider everything to be cannon but the storylines are sometimes so far away from each other, so I think of them as alternate universes (especially with marvel)

And yes the naruto tv show follows the story of the comic. But the show has a lot of extra characters/missions/scenarios that the manga does not, so some people consider those segments non cannon or (filler). I don't agree with them, because the write of the manga is also the writer of the show, so it counts.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
sveet yes, but for naruto there was a period where there were like 100+ non-canon anime episodes, which they called fillers. they were really bad LOL. it got real hype when they resumed following the manga

-ShadowPhoenix-

Smash Bash
NNID
ShdwPhnx
3DS FC
2595-1989-8575
lmfao there was like 3 seasons of naruto fillers...

it was soooo bad that i just quit watching it completely and decided to read it

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
haha yeah. good thing no one's arguing that. but if they did i'd be ready to CLOCK IN ON SOME *****S

Top Bottom