• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official MBR Tier List

Status
Not open for further replies.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
how many she's are in this game anyways? also i'm pretty sure you can shoot both peach and zedla in their feet even if they try to powersheild everything. now your chooseing to be dumb.

I think pichu>kirby

Doc King

Smash Lord
You might be right, I think Kirby's metagame is very similar to Ganon's in Brawl cause they both have a hard time approaching and they have some suicidal techniques.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
you could've said the same for many people. in melee you could say bowser/Dk's metagame is very similar to Ganon's in Brawl cause they both have a hard time approaching and they have some suicidal techniques.

you linked 3 things that were somewaht small for most of them. take this.

ice climbers and master hand are similar due to amazing grab game, strong hard to land hits(overall you can't land smashes as them like most people approaching), and camping shuts them down depending on the map and how good their camping is.

Doc King

Smash Lord
Also the fact that there very slow and their air speeds suck. Also they have a hard time comboing and their lack of good matchups.

SDC

Smash Lord
I'm just going to not care about this site until they release the new Tier list. I'll check back once in a while, but I won't actually care about this site again until the new tier list is released. It's early September and we still don't have it. Either the MBR doesn't give a ****, or they're unable to make a decision. Until they do, I don't care about this dumb place anymore.

KirbyKaze's tier list should be accepted as the new one, and nobody cares about the trash tiers anyway so we can let the low tier mains argue about that.

EDIT:

tldr KK should be king of SWF, low tiers who cares, everyone move on now.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
how many she's are in this game anyways? also i'm pretty sure you can shoot both peach and zedla in their feet even if they try to powersheild everything. now your chooseing to be dumb.

I think pichu>kirby
Well if you were talking about a character with speed against Zelda only then I guess it would be easy to time her out since she's a **** character but I was talking more in general. What you say is very stage and character dependant. Can you really imagine a Fox/Falco matchup for example being timed out? lol.

St. Viers

Smash Champion
@Santo Amancio: However, he has both powershielding and parrying, which no other characters have. And he can jump, grab, and Up-Smash while parrying, so...

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
That was beautiful. Can I have your children?
=p Of course.. I remember you used to use Yoshi! You should play Yoshi again. <3

I think I'll have VMan's children. You're more than welcome to babysit Marik :)
Ummm, I... well I pledged allegiance to Marik.... hmmm.. I guess if Marik leaves me... ^^

i think arizona just needs their own tier list.
.. That'd be sorta cool! =p

he cant even do jump out of his personal shield so no need to have discuss this because he sucks to by default
True, he cannot jump out of shield, but this one indeed "major weakness should not halter a character(s) abilities. Yoshi has other advantages, disadvantages just like everybody else you know :(

lmfaoo this pretty much. What the hell is in there food over there.
I really like food! like alot.. OMG McDonalds has thie deal 50 McNuggets for 10 dollars, and that's like the perfect snack food it's so awesome! <3

I hear they be on that purple stuff
=p Taj likes purple

Glad some people like Yoshi!, i'll continue to do my best.. to show everyone hopefully, that Yoshi's good.. I'm not saying he's like... you know.. expectant to be amazing or anything... merely trying to prove/show that Yoshi is NOT so called "garbage tier" I really think any/all characters can be good... We merely lack the players willing to push these characters... and that's within reason..

Just my thoughts.. <3 everyone! n_n:chuckle:

rhan

Smash Hero
That was beautiful. Can I have your children?
I think I'll have VMan's children. You're more than welcome to babysit Marik :)
Too late. I'm already pregnant homos. <3

lmfaoo this pretty much. What the hell is in there food over there.
I hear they be on that purple stuff
I seriously wanna move to AZ now. Everyone there is destined to be a pro low tier player. My Young Link would improve ten fold and I will have my name in lights. Then it will be me that everyone cheers for at tourneys... /dreaming

Srsly AZ is the best state ever.

leffen

Smash Champion
imo yoshi is low mid ( PAL tho ), although I prob wouldnt place him there until his metagame progresses more.

imo he wins / even vs jiggs ( matchup is ~80-20 on KJ64 )
even vs fox ( some think this is very hard matchup, I honestly cant see why, fox nair is beaten by alot of yoshis moves and yoshi has several 0 deaths and easy edgeguards and fox cant even upthrow uair without getting nair / uaired into death combo lols )

loses vs falco
loses slightly vs sheik, marth , peach ( even if kj64 is on ).
loses vs falcon.
even or loses slightly vs ics ( 1 dtilt and nana is dead basicly + platform camping )

ill gladly explain more on whatever matchup u want ;D
oh and btw Yoshi has BY FAR the best ledge game in the game, projectiles that cover tons and combos into all yoshi attacks and shield pressures, 100% invis, etc etc .

**** writing on iphone is hard ;/

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
I remember having a conversion with somebody about the value of mcdonalds foods lol.

that nugget deal gets off tho. a mcNuggler can only dream.

@the guy who says yoshi goes even with fox. I wanna hear what you have to say lol....leffen.

Kaffei

Smash Hero
imo yoshi is low mid ( PAL tho ), although I prob wouldnt place him there until his metagame progresses more.

imo he wins / even vs jiggs ( matchup is ~80-20 on KJ64 )
even vs fox ( some think this is very hard matchup, I honestly cant see why, fox nair is beaten by alot of yoshis moves and yoshi has several 0 deaths and easy edgeguards and fox cant even upthrow uair without getting nair / uaired into death combo lols )

loses vs falco
loses slightly vs sheik, marth , peach ( even if kj64 is on ).
loses vs falcon.
even or loses slightly vs ics ( 1 dtilt and nana is dead basicly + platform camping )

ill gladly explain more on whatever matchup u want ;D
oh and btw Yoshi has BY FAR the best ledge game in the game, projectiles that cover tons and combos into all yoshi attacks and shield pressures, 100% invis, etc etc .

**** writing on iphone is hard ;/
I'd like to know why you think that @ Fox & puff

leffen

Smash Champion
The thing is, I dont really understand why it would be hard for yoshi.
Yoshi doesnt get comboed, cant be killed easily at all, doesnt get rushed down, and doesnt get camped. Edgeguarding Yoshi doesnt even work before bair starts to break and even then it only adds percent... ( shine doesnt break armor and usually equals counter gimp ).

fox = pew pew pew => yoshi taking edge if he really doesnt wanna take dmg .

Fox dash dance game vs yoshi is not that hard either. Yoshi can cc / dj cc any nair.
Yoshis dashattack wins or trades with fox nair, so does most of his tilts. ( full jump nair sucks balls for fox ofc ).
Yoshi punishes sooo much harder than fox imo, I usually do several 0 to death combos that only involve 1 or 2 reads ( not dtilt gimps obv ). Example:
Fair -> Nair -> Grab ( buffered dthrow ) -> tech chase if he gets DI ( prob not if buffered ) , otherwise uair strings into nair if he dis away or down b kill if he doesnt.
On platform stages I usually just end uair strings into fair into just dsmashing their tech ( covers all options ofc ) .

Fox punish is usually grab => uthrow => bair if yoshi misses DI, otherwise he can just trade, uair doesnt combo ( nair between hits ).

Note that this is Pal and yoshis is heavier and his smashes are 1-2 % stronger and fox is heavily nerfed.
Which means fox usually dies at waaay lower percents than Yoshi.

Oh and about Yoshis shield, getting stuck in shield is horrible for anyone vs fox and shouldnt happen that often with yoshi cause of speed + cc. And while yoshi cant shieldgrab he also can lightshield punish shine grab and normal shieldpressure.

tl:dr
Yoshi punishes harder, cant be camped, dies later, cant be gimped, does okay in dash dance game

Again, I would really like to hear others opinions on why this is hard, This is my most played matchup too and I dont see ANY big problems at all ;>

Doc King

Smash Lord
Your right about the Yoshi thing where he cant be edgeguarded as easy. The midair jump sprites are still in effect, even if someone attacks you. Although if the attack is hard and the percent is high, then it starts to work.

GreatRit

Smash Cadet
lmao Yoshi.
kind of has weird attacks though...and no one really uses it because it's an ugly ***.

leffen

Smash Champion
@
Kaffei

Puff, first off, gets platformed camped retardedly easy as yoshi ( puff is slow verticaly, and yoshi has cc on the way up and the best drop from platform game by FAR ).

Yoshi doesnt get killed by rests, like, ever. utilt / uair just gets cced and djed any day of the week, and bair / fair doesnt combo into rest either.
Jiggs throws in the matchups are worthless, ( yoshis are like falcos in the matchup, fast like hell but no true combos but good position ).

Yoshi doesnt get stuck or pressured by jiggs either, since 1 bair = Yoshi gets edge, where he ****ing ***** in this matchup. Jiggs is wayyyy to slow to ever get around the eggs and if she ever gets close to the edge yoshi can just waveland / fair / uair / jump while being invincible.

Yoshi deals much more damage per hit and dies much later ( 160% is not high in this matchup ) and Jiggs dies at around 80% ( lower depending on stage ).
Yoshi can also combo Jiggs decently, typcial combos are Fair -> Nair -> Ftilt -> Uair ( ~50% combo ) , Fair -> Tech chase fair ( obv smash here at kill% ) -> Another fair / uair / down b depending on percent .

The most important part of the match ; Bair spacing.
Yoshi can beat any bair p. easily as long as its not retreating from the start and just above ground level. ( High fully retreating bair => chase with uair , low => Pressure her when she lands ).
Any bair that tries to keep or gain ground ( even if she chooses to go back short hop for example she still gets punished ). DJCC -> Anything, CC -> dash attack , nair.
Fair is 3 frames slower, has less disjoint ( equal range ) but in return punishes 10 times harder, has much more mixups that all challenge jiggs bair, and has more vertical range .

Pivot fsmash wins if both are perfectly spaced and is safe if jiggs gets away ( only happens if she was retreating before fsmash start ) Yoshis pullback is ****ing amazing on that move, half of his hitbox is pulled back on frame 1 and and a 2/3 on frame 2 and all of his body completely pulled back on frame 3

His head is also invincible during the whole attack so it will straight out win vs jiggs bair in that matter ( almost forgot, remember that jiggs hit with the non max disjointed part of their bair 99% of the time ).

Oh and KJ is basicly:
Ledge camped all game.
If Yoshi ever gains middle ground its a pain in the *** for jiggs to get back ( uairs + eggs + slope = **** ).
Yoshi platform camping and just lightshielding / shield dropping if jiggs EVER catches him + best fastfall in the game ( if jiggs EVER gains middle ground you can easily get around it with ur fastfall + aerial )
Yoshi having even more options to recover / get up and or punish jiggs when planking.

@ Marik.

How does Fox kill you O_O? ye sure upsmash kills at what 130 in PAL? And that is without CC.

Uh, how does Fox camp you? sure he can get 1 shl in but then he is losing all stage control and 1 dtilt = edgeguard. If you get too camped just get an edge and camp him back lol. Platform camping doesnt work at ALL for fox since Yoshi has more and better fastfall options and uair wins over all fox aerials ( best uair priority / range ingame except sword ppl I think, wins over falcos dair blabla.

http://i31.tinypic.com/a2uo8w.jpg sup.

How do you get edgeguarded vs a Fox ? Bair breaks at 95% in pal afaik, and then u can beat it with rising uair / airdodge into stage / grab edge . You do know that you can just hold up after getting grabed to get your jump back right?

@ Cheeseburger

"yoshi gets gimped so easily by fox and jiggs to the point it severely affects the matchup"
THE ***. Okay I can get Fox if ur new to yoshi, but jiggs? u cant even chain bairs dude , and it breaks at 130% or smth. And if they are gonna pound just take edge / break ur jump with an aerial so u fly onto stage and get stage control.

"he also gets camped, and can't deal with it"
again, what I thought before I started playing him more.
Sometimes requires you to be hella gay back tho.
True vs falco to some degree though, but hes faster than anyone not spacie/cf ( prob as fast as marth but way faster in the air ).

"characters that pressure? what oos options? lmao goodbye stock"
Yeah you can totally see how much VMan suffered from that vs the character that can pressure him the most ( Falco , u can cc and lasers + shine breaking dj cc ).

"so much wrong theorycrafting"
Cant blame you, havent showed any people except those I play with lol ( I can try to get some vids up soon, havent played yoshi for a month or so tho ).

Yoshi is the char with the least tournament representation in USA , even pichu has way more =/ so I cant really blame you there either.

uh, totally a mess =/.
ill write on computer next time ;D

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
You what I think of what leffen said none of it counts because it's PAL metagame this isn't the PAL tier list so none of your reasoning counts.

when you disargee with everything someone posts find a reason why none of it counts this does many things makes you feel better and enrages them.

also why yoshi can't deal with the nair is simple when is he going to nair may I ask you? if you predict work you get grabbed upaired and take a lot of damahe or camp, if you wait for his jump prepare for lasers in teh face enough DDing you'll never know when he will hit. so basically your forced to approach but he'll rack up a bit of damage first and then you'll try to hit him he''ll DD away and up-smash you. your 2nd jump loses to upair in our version.

Druggedfox

Smash Champion
I was going to start posting in reference to this yoshi stuff... then I realized I was wasting my time. I know yoshi isn't as terrible as everyone thinks, but I'm hard pressed to convince myself this isn't trolling. Let Vman speak though... he plays yoshi legitimately, and I'm sure he would disagree with the notion that fox vs yoshi is even. If he agrees... I've lost respect for yoshi players.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
I was going to start posting in reference to this yoshi stuff... then I realized I was wasting my time. I know yoshi isn't as terrible as everyone thinks, but I'm hard pressed to convince myself this isn't trolling. Let Vman speak though... he plays yoshi legitimately, and I'm sure he would disagree with the notion that fox vs yoshi is even. If he agrees... I've lost respect for yoshi players.
I asked for details because I thought he may have been trolling.

I wish he was lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom