• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official MBR Tier List

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pi

Smash Hero
lol...yoshi is bad

if axe was actually trying to exploit yoshi's weaknesses instead of juss having fun i'm sure that match would have turned out differently
same with any yoshi match

please tell me what is your safe approach
what openings do you have to attack
how is your juggling

how is your recovery

how much reach do you have

he's lacking

if you want to play him by all means but he is missing some seriously necessary options

Merkuri

Smash Lord
I'm not so sure about the Fox stuff. But the Yoshi vs Puff stuff sounds legit. I'd like to see someone counter pick Jigs with Yoshi.

.Marik

is a social misfit
@ Marik.How does Fox kill you O_O? ye sure upsmash kills at what 130 in PAL? And that is without CC.

Uh, how does Fox camp you? sure he can get 1 shl in but then he is losing all stage control and 1 dtilt = edgeguard. If you get too camped just get an edge and camp him back lol. Platform camping doesnt work at ALL for fox since Yoshi has more and better fastfall options and uair wins over all fox aerials ( best uair priority / range ingame except sword ppl I think, wins over falcos dair blabla.
First of all, the majority of posters on this forum don't use PAL. So I can't personally say.

Secondly, there is no "camping back" Fox, especially an aggressive and smart one. Yoshi's camping ability is fairly limited, it mostly consists of DJC Nair, DJC Reverse Egg Lay, and throwing eggs from a safe distance, which are easy to powershield. Inevitably, the Fox will approach.

Once he does, since Yoshi lacks any versatile form of defensive options, we're getting punished if we don't decently space. Yoshi can be unpredictable with DJC shenanigans, and even though Yoshi's entire metagame revolves around that tactic, it's an exploitable gimmick, not a solid technique.

Uair is very hard to set up, and Fox has several more versatile options to space out Yoshi. We Uair, and unless it's a string, nothing else can be done.

How do you get edgeguarded vs a Fox ? Bair breaks at 95% in pal afaik, and then u can beat it with rising uair / airdodge into stage / grab edge . You do know that you can just hold up after getting grabed to get your jump back right?
Are you seriously asking me this?

Yoshi has no recovery, only a double jump and an airdodge which gets us punished regardless, unless we're grabbing the ledge when invincibility frames protect us.

Yoshi does have super armour, but most attacks like Bair and Fair break through it. You're underrating the brutal and ruthless combo machine that's known as Fox.

Fox has Bair, Shine, Nair, and as we get trying to come back, we slowly start to gather distance from the stage as our percentage rises. Fox will simply capitalize on this, and keep knocking us offstage.

It's not hard to edgeguard Yoshi, and I played him in both games. This isn't Brawl where Egg Toss helps us gain momentum, we're getting gimped or plummeting if our spacing and double jump isn't executed perfectly.

Yoshi doesn't have the advantage, nor is it even. Probably 60:40 -> 65:45 Fox's favour.

Due to his super armour, Yoshi isn't completely vulnerable, but that really isn't saying much because of the arsenal of options Fox has at his disposal.

Don't even get me started on Jigglypuff LOL.

Fair, Bair, Nair, and DownThrow -> Rest makes this her favour. Yoshi does need to play safe in that matchup.

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
Okay.. Just finished reading the last two pages of the Yoshi debate(s) vs Fox/Puff.. etc.. Will be posting long responses...Be finished soon.

Fly_Amanita

Master of Caribou
And there isn't a match-up of his against a similarly terrible character that has wasted a few hundred posts of the match-up thread.

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
Allrite, this will most likely become a tldr post, but here's my insights everyone.. thanks for waiting etc.. on everything ^^; I'll try to keep it short, (even though it won't be):chuckle:

imo yoshi is low mid ( PAL tho ), although I prob wouldnt place him there until his metagame progresses more.

imo he wins / even vs jiggs ( matchup is ~80-20 on KJ64 )
even vs fox ( some think this is very hard matchup, I honestly cant see why, fox nair is beaten by alot of yoshis moves and yoshi has several 0 deaths and easy edgeguards and fox cant even upthrow uair without getting nair / uaired into death combo lols )

loses vs falco
loses slightly vs sheik, marth , peach ( even if kj64 is on ).
loses vs falcon.
even or loses slightly vs ics ( 1 dtilt and nana is dead basicly + platform camping )

ill gladly explain more on whatever matchup u want ;D
oh and btw Yoshi has BY FAR the best ledge game in the game, projectiles that cover tons and combos into all yoshi attacks and shield pressures, 100% invis, etc etc .

**** writing on iphone is hard ;/
Sadly, I'd want to play Yoshi on PAL, because I know he's WAY better in PAL, however I play him in NTSC, and there are VERY notable differences w/Yoshi's matchups, and that is how this forum is basing (from what I understand at least)

Yoshi vs Puff - I actually "slightly" agree with you believe it or not.. I do NOT believe the 80/20 part, but I've experienced this MU hands on, and my Yoshi's done fairly well in this MU.. sadly however, campy style of play must be initiated to even keep up with this up to date metagame.. Yoshi's F-smash/U-smash, do suprisingly well here, as both have excellent priority, and Jiggs has it a bit rough to keep up w/Yoshi (platforms) ECE's work well for distance/damage. Yoshi usually doesn't need to fear rest or initial combos until after 100+ since Yoshi can absorb the damage received in most cases.. :) However even with all this, the ladder can come into play and Jiggs can play campy, defensive here...

Besides ECE, I don't know anything that is safe enough to throw out vs a camping Jiggs.. Yoshi obviously doesn't have a move he can exactly run in with, that he won't get punished for upon missing, as Yoshi needs to bait and make Jiggs bite, even then, with Jiggs wall of priority, most cases Yoshi will be receiving damage anyway, and when it comes down to it.. I can't see myself ever winning this MU, if I stray too far away from damage/stocks from the Jiggs... On top of that Yoshi entire game in itself is a risk/reward system...being able to play w/such consistency/accuracy isn't a walk in the park, as "frustration/eagerness and similar emotions begin to take fruition, as this MU wages on..having to know what you can/cannot challenge since losing challenges, rid of Yoshi's main recovery method... deciding what attacks you will take and receive.. and even winning exchanges only get minimum results (in terms of damage given to taken ratio) This exchange alone Yoshi has to deal with in EVERY MU, because of his lack for a second jump.. My final thoughts "as of now" on this MU are Jiggs 60/40 Yoshi.. and I could be wrong here.. but I honestly think this is pretty good for such a "garbage" character right?:)

The thing is, I dont really understand why it would be hard for yoshi.
Yoshi doesnt get comboed, cant be killed easily at all, doesnt get rushed down, and doesnt get camped. Edgeguarding Yoshi doesnt even work before bair starts to break and even then it only adds percent... ( shine doesnt break armor and usually equals counter gimp ).

fox = pew pew pew => yoshi taking edge if he really doesnt wanna take dmg .

Fox dash dance game vs yoshi is not that hard either. Yoshi can cc / dj cc any nair.
Yoshis dashattack wins or trades with fox nair, so does most of his tilts. ( full jump nair sucks balls for fox ofc ).
Yoshi punishes sooo much harder than fox imo, I usually do several 0 to death combos that only involve 1 or 2 reads ( not dtilt gimps obv ). Example:
Fair -> Nair -> Grab ( buffered dthrow ) -> tech chase if he gets DI ( prob not if buffered ) , otherwise uair strings into nair if he dis away or down b kill if he doesnt.
On platform stages I usually just end uair strings into fair into just dsmashing their tech ( covers all options ofc ) .

Fox punish is usually grab => uthrow => bair if yoshi misses DI, otherwise he can just trade, uair doesnt combo ( nair between hits ).

Note that this is Pal and yoshis is heavier and his smashes are 1-2 % stronger and fox is heavily nerfed.
Which means fox usually dies at waaay lower percents than Yoshi.

Oh and about Yoshis shield, getting stuck in shield is horrible for anyone vs fox and shouldnt happen that often with yoshi cause of speed + cc. And while yoshi cant shieldgrab he also can lightshield punish shine grab and normal shieldpressure.

tl:dr
Yoshi punishes harder, cant be camped, dies later, cant be gimped, does okay in dash dance game

Again, I would really like to hear others opinions on why this is hard, This is my most played matchup too and I dont see ANY big problems at all ;>
Yoshi vs Fox - I've read your defense, and sadly you need to know from what I understand, we are going off of NTSC, even then many arguments you stated, have many drawbacks... The ones I've Underlined in your post are what i'm going to work off of..

Yoshi CAN be comboed, he CAN be killed easily, he CAN get rushed down, and he MOST DEFINATELY, can be camped... Cool Fox, shoots his laser, Ok Yoshi grabs the edge, Fox retreats and continues to shoot lasers... What move can Yoshi POSSIBLY do... from the edge to hit Fox? ECE's? When Yoshi "eventually" comes up.. Fox has the ability to retreat and repeat this process over, and over again.. on stage even, what's Yoshi gonna do to avoid multiple laser camping by a Fox? in this MU, Yoshi needs to be the aggressor, and pulling that off is a miracle in itself..to be able to catch a campy like Fox...

Ok you stated above that Yoshi's "dash attack" can trade with Fox's "Nair" I have absolutely no idea why ANY Yoshi would want/desire this trade... it spells disaster on the winning AND losing side of the trade anyway.. Simple Fox, shield pressure, Drill>shine/Nair/shine..etc.. Yoshi will receive way more damage then he'd be giving anyway to Fox with this method.. and even if the "dash attack" would connect... Yoshi's dash attack is....not one of his better moves (only good for high % knockback) Cool you deal what 7-8% damage, and now your stuck in your dash animation... so Fox can Upsmash>Uair, or Drill>shine>grab>combo, many multiples of combinations.. that all in all Yoshi would be losing a 50%+ probable damage given to taken ratio..and would now need to find a way to land safely w/o using his jump/finding the correct move to challenge/counter Fox's combos with? No thanks..:( Fox does enough of this in this MU with his common shield pressure. :(

Yoshi punishes fairly well, I agree with you.. but he does not punish harder than Fox by any means... Fox has so many more tools at his disposal, a better grab game, easier combo starters/launchers, and better finishing moves as well.. Yoshi's Fair>Nair>Grab>buffer D-throw, etc, is standard, top level Yoshi play.. We've all seen Fumi/myself do this, and that's one possible situation... since that entire combo requires fox to be at a specified low % anyway.:(

Getting stuck in shield vs a Fox, is very common, and will happen! Yoshi's inability to jump OoS (bar supershielding) combined w/Fox's overall shield pressure will result in multiple occasions..being caught in shield.. I mean unless you want to take all that 40+ damage that Fox will do and attempt to either superShield/counter.. or DJ CC, the damage and countermeasure with your own combo, but even then, You're losing too much damage too many times just to get a "chance" at a potential combo on Fox.. :(

Honestly, I pride myself/trust myself on my ability to play characters with my Yoshi/Mewtwo as does all of AZ. If there were any character in the game to fight/defeat... Fox would be one heck of a feat... I have absoultely no "idea' how i'd be able to defeat a Fox such as "Jman" who could play campy, etc... or an overaggressive technical Fox.. I mean there are so many styles, that I just wouldn't know how to properly fight... The only time I can imagine, me winning vs Fox, is if I were obviously just the better player, Fox has so many tools in his arsenal..:( Now granted, I'm not saying I don't think this MU is unwinnable, or that I can never do it.. (you all should know AZ by now, we believe anything's possible ;)) just it's just not very likely at all, but I'd never say that... I believe in my character/abilities.. and i'll let that push me/motivate me.. and hopefully success can come out of it..:)

lmao Yoshi.
kind of has weird attacks though...and no one really uses it because it's an ugly ***.
Yoshi's not ugly *cries*

so much wrong theorycrafting

yoshi gets gimped so easily by fox and jiggs to the point it severely affects the matchup

he also gets camped, and can't deal with it

characters that pressure? what oos options? lmao goodbye stock
I wouldn't say "easily" by Fox, but if Yoshi challenges the wrong move(s) and loses his jump, Yoshi has little chance to recover w/a mere airdodge..:( Yoshi's OoS options are indeed very limited..this is where you need to decide, what damage you will absorb, and how you will give it back, more if possible..this method of thinking is just unique, knowing with Yoshi, you know you have to tell/ask yourself, how much damage do you want to let him have, just to have a chance to deal "more" damage back to him..this alone is a unique mindset..:):(

I was going to start posting in reference to this yoshi stuff... then I realized I was wasting my time. I know yoshi isn't as terrible as everyone thinks, but I'm hard pressed to convince myself this isn't trolling. Let Vman speak though... he plays yoshi legitimately, and I'm sure he would disagree with the notion that fox vs yoshi is even. If he agrees... I've lost respect for yoshi players.
haha, DruggedFox, you know I love you... :p, and even me being as biased as I can get, and support favoritism towards my character etc.... even I can be serious, give out facts.. etc.. (I even wanted to be an MBR to support Yoshi, MU's in any way I could because of AZ's unique set of players, and I feel like I could contribute, at the same time but I understand you must be chosen) From what I've experienced as them vs Highly notable players such as Forward, Taj, Axe, GG7, and all of AZ's finest.. I do indeed "strongly disagree" that the MU is 50/50.. with everything I've stated above.. if I had to make an estimate.. it'd be around 70/30 - 80/20.. IMO this alongside, sheik is arguably Yoshi's hardest MU's in NTSC.

lol...yoshi is bad

if axe was actually trying to exploit yoshi's weaknesses instead of juss having fun i'm sure that match would have turned out differently
same with any yoshi match

please tell me what is your safe approach
what openings do you have to attack
how is your juggling

how is your recovery

how much reach do you have

he's lacking

if you want to play him by all means but he is missing some seriously necessary options
Axe, and I do indeed have alot of "fun" with matches.. this is actually one of the first times Axe has initially played this MU, and we all know the "aggressive" nature of Axe's playstyle... Indeed the match could've turned out differently, along with any Yoshi match indeed.. this match, I nearly used his "overaggressiveness" and tried to use it against him, and unless you've seen the MU before..I just don't think "everyone's gonna know it" If were going by this logic.. Axe's Pikachu would've never beaten any of the amazing players he's beaten because that player "didn't try to exploit Pikachu's weaknesses, etc... yet he continues to do it... I understand where you're coming from.. I just feel a little insulted as a player.. :(

I'm not so sure about the Fox stuff. But the Yoshi vs Puff stuff sounds legit. I'd like to see someone counter pick Jigs with Yoshi.
I honestly think I'd attempt Yoshi on Jigglypuff if it came down to it in tourney! I'd hope majority of the Jigglypuff players don't know how to fight Yoshi! that'd be cool ^^

God dammit Yoshi is the new Zelda isn't he.
No :p, I just want people to know, and goal is to not have Yoshi in "garbage tier" it's a bit painful to see.. and like i've/Axe, have stated before.. I don't really think any character is "pure garbage" we as a community just lack the players with the motivation/drive to want to push them... (everyone should move to AZ that would be sooo cool) <33

G&W > roy <3
Yoshi>G&W>Roy <3 fixed ^^;

<33 I actually like G&W and Roy.. so how about Yoshi = Roy = G&W..?

Allrite.. If i missed anything.. i'm sorry.. I'll try to add the the other high/top tier MU's but this post took a bit as it is... If I offended anybody w/anything I've said i'm sorry.. Im just trying to show/prove Yoshi's worthiness you know.. I'm not trying to say I can be you know... another Axe.. =p (of course I'm gonna try) but I'm merely tryin to show that Yoshi, is a character with unexplored potential...

well anyway I love you all! <33 and thanks... ^^ <33 Yoshi <33

Druggedfox

Smash Champion
Now I wonder why that is.. maybe because they are not good? lol.
Kage, I fell over laughing at this :laugh:

@VMan,

You know what's up with yoshi :D Btw, yoshi dittos used to be one of my favorite matchups, what do you think of them? (Best combo ever: Full jump rising bair, DJC turn around fair... yoshi's ken combo :)?)

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
Kage, I fell over laughing at this :laugh:

@VMan,

You know what's up with yoshi :D Btw, yoshi dittos used to be one of my favorite matchups, what do you think of them? (Best combo ever: Full jump rising bair, DJC turn around fair... yoshi's ken combo :)?)
Haha, Yoshi dittos are actually rather enjoyable... I too like the MU, and find much amusement out of them.. ^^ haha, I agree that combo is grand... I'm still a large fan of Fair>Nair>Grab <3 it.. I'm also startin to like Nair>jab reset(s) some grand combinations can be made :p

Pi

Smash Hero
Axe, and I do indeed have alot of "fun" with matches.. this is actually one of the first times Axe has initially played this MU, and we all know the "aggressive" nature of Axe's playstyle... Indeed the match could've turned out differently, along with any Yoshi match indeed.. this match, I nearly used his "overaggressiveness" and tried to use it against him, and unless you've seen the MU before..I just don't think "everyone's gonna know it" If were going by this logic.. Axe's Pikachu would've never beaten any of the amazing players he's beaten because that player "didn't try to exploit Pikachu's weaknesses, etc... yet he continues to do it... I understand where you're coming from.. I just feel a little insulted as a player.. :(
I wasn't meaning to be insulting, you took what axe gave you and used it against him, I'm sure you guys had a lot of fun in that match, and that's fine
But it's not a good showcase of what yoshi can do to counter the strategies that counter him, which is what is important.

Fletch

Smash Master
Hey Vector, you think Yoshi would be considered a little better if he was a little easier to play? I know he was one of the few characters I never touched (along with like Ness and Mewtwo) just because he feels/plays much differently than the rest of the cast.

Mind Trick

Smash Ace
Yoshi vs Jiggs is actually only a slight advantage for Jiggs, it's true, leffen is actually right on a lot of stuff. I could back this up with a recent toureny, where I lost by a hair really 2-1 against Faab's Jiggly, despite Faab being a much better player than I am.

Fox... that's a whole nother story though. On small stages like YS and BF it's like a 60:40 MU, but on the bigger ones it's the most impossible of PAL matchups for Yoshi. Mostly because of his gun, but also credited a lot to his overwhelming offense (I have been experimenting with parry though against adam and zgetto's spacies, and there's still a lot of undiscovered potential for me personally, it it definitely really ****ing usefull in a lot of situations).

Definitely not for his recovery, Yoshi's recovery is the most underrated of all characters really, if you say he gets gimped a lot, you don't know what you're talking about really.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
I think hbox will be beaten by a low tier lol. if that happens, im gonna make claim that melee is one of the moust balanced games of all time.

not really that true but imma say it.

Skler

Smash Master
I wish I got to play Hbox.

Not saying I'd win, I just want to play one of those super puffs when they actually go puff.

<shakes fist at Mango>

rhan

Smash Hero
I still believe that YLink has the most potential to beat a Jiggs like HBox's or Mango's.

Yeah...
I said it.

Tamoo

Smash Master
zelda is trash against jiggs imo, the jiggs would hae to be pretty crap to lose to a zelda :/

Same as mewtwo

and definitely link is easy as hell

I'd say ylink, yoshi and maybe gaw (though im not sure) are the only ones with any chance against the top jiggs

rhan

Smash Hero
I dig that. Though I thing Link has the least potential. He's not exactly that quick enough to do much if the Jiggs is pressuring/aggro. He'll always needs a bomb on him just to be in a fair place.

Also if Link is going to be a mid tier are we including the mid tiers too? Cuz I think Mario can do some work too.

Stevo

Smash Champion
I dig that. Though I thing Link has the least potential. He's not exactly that quick enough to do much if the Jiggs is pressuring/aggro. He'll always needs a bomb on him just to be in a fair place.

Also if Link is going to be a mid tier are we including the mid tiers too? Cuz I think Mario can do some work too.
just curious why you would mention Mario over Doc?

it would seem to me that Doc's Fair would be more useful then the increased range of f-smash from mario.

or is doc too "high-tier" for this discussion

.Marik

is a social misfit
Definitely not for his recovery, Yoshi's recovery is the most underrated of all characters really, if you say he gets gimped a lot, you don't know what you're talking about really.
You play the PAL version only, correct?

rhan

Smash Hero
just curious why you would mention Mario over Doc?

it would seem to me that Doc's Fair would be more useful then the increased range of f-smash from mario.

or is doc too "high-tier" for this discussion
I was assuming so. I thought of the lower tiers being the bottom half of the tier list.

Doc > Mario.

This discussion got me all confused n ****... lmao

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
zelda is trash against jiggs imo, the jiggs would hae to be pretty crap to lose to a zelda :/

Same as mewtwo

and definitely link is easy as hell

I'd say ylink, yoshi and maybe gaw (though im not sure) are the only ones with any chance against the top jiggs
shadow ball is pretty good vs jiggs for numerous reasons. and up throw is a good kill move because of the slow fall speed.

yoshi has that 2nd jump with armor but if you can choose your battles and make puffy commit ithink there is a chance. mewtwo is similar minus armor but has a better projectile and imo up throw is just as good a kill move if not better than yshi up smash or f smash. the amazing thing about this MU for mewtwo is that his bair is more useful. good range but since puff is in the air she can't cc and she is really light so usually the knock back is more. not to mention mewtwo has the adv from below.

yl is quick and can rack up damage. puffy is light and easier to kill than what other characters are if you land kill moves.

gw is low tier marth. if marth struggles I don't see gw doing that well. I can't think of any strength that gw has that a high tier doesn't already possess.

forgot link is "mid". so he doesn't count.

yl-overall amazing projectile game. covers all kinds of angles.

m2-up throw kill, great stage positioning, recovery. plus he has a couple things going for him. a true floaty that can combo other floaties.

yoshi-super armor, and the dj invincibility.

zelda-transform lol. but for real idk. I thought her bair spam could make puff nervous. id rather hear from a zelda player tho. I kinda figured puff not being very fast may struggle a bit and its hard contesting with lighting kicks as an air *****.

I think puff has the advantage in all of them (maybe even with yl....maybe) but those characters all have something unique that could help them overcome the gay either through a unique strength or by taking away something puff is reliant on like gimps.

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
Hey Vector, you think Yoshi would be considered a little better if he was a little easier to play? I know he was one of the few characters I never touched (along with like Ness and Mewtwo) just because he feels/plays much differently than the rest of the cast.
I don't think a character's level of skill to learn/adapt should really serve much relevance... Yoshi is definetely unique to the rest of the cast, but I don't think that puts him in a category of his own for difficulty to play etc.. because.. what other might find difficult to play... I may find easier.. what others may find easier.. I may find difficult..It jus depends on the player really. :)

Yoshi vs Jiggs is actually only a slight advantage for Jiggs, it's true, leffen is actually right on a lot of stuff. I could back this up with a recent toureny, where I lost by a hair really 2-1 against Faab's Jiggly, despite Faab being a much better player than I am.

Fox... that's a whole nother story though. On small stages like YS and BF it's like a 60:40 MU, but on the bigger ones it's the most impossible of PAL matchups for Yoshi. Mostly because of his gun, but also credited a lot to his overwhelming offense (I have been experimenting with parry though against adam and zgetto's spacies, and there's still a lot of undiscovered potential for me personally, it it definitely really ****ing usefull in a lot of situations).

I understand where you're coming from... I can only defend my behalf on NTSC version, since I've never played PAL... I'm sure Yoshi has differences between both games... Im just naming things from my experiences vs top players here... I wouldn't necessarily say he gets gimped "alot" depends on how well the player knows Yoshi really, on what to/not to challenge.. and many other unique scenarios

You play the PAL version only, correct?
I believe Mind Trick is PAL, but I may be wrong.. I know I'm only NTSC, I'd REALLY love to play PAL.. im very conifdent my Yoshi would be much better there.. but either way I'm going to improve him here in NTSC as well..:)

.Marik

is a social misfit
I believe Mind Trick is PAL, but I may be wrong.. I know I'm only NTSC, I'd REALLY love to play PAL.. im very conifdent my Yoshi would be much better there.. but either way I'm going to improve him here in NTSC as well..:)
I asked for a specific reason.

This makes his statement irrelevant because most people, including myself, based our insights off the NTSC version.

Mind Trick is an amazing Yoshi, but he plays a different version, and is therefore unable to debunk claims.

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
shadow ball is pretty good vs jiggs for numerous reasons. and up throw is a good kill move because of the slow fall speed.

yoshi has that 2nd jump with armor but if you can choose your battles and make puffy commit ithink there is a chance. mewtwo is similar minus armor but has a better projectile and imo up throw is just as good a kill move if not better than yshi up smash or f smash. the amazing thing about this MU for mewtwo is that his bair is more useful. good range but since puff is in the air she can't cc and she is really light so usually the knock back is more. not to mention mewtwo has the adv from below.

yl is quick and can rack up damage. puffy is light and easier to kill than what other characters are if you land kill moves.

gw is low tier marth. if marth struggles I don't see gw doing that well. I can't think of any strength that gw has that a high tier doesn't already possess.

forgot link is "mid". so he doesn't count.

yl-overall amazing projectile game. covers all kinds of angles.

m2-up throw kill, great stage positioning, recovery. plus he has a couple things going for him. a true floaty that can combo other floaties.

yoshi-super armor, and the dj invincibility.

zelda-transform lol. but for real idk. I thought her bair spam could make puff nervous. id rather hear from a zelda player tho. I kinda figured puff not being very fast may struggle a bit and its hard contesting with lighting kicks as an air *****.

I think puff has the advantage in all of them (maybe even with yl....maybe) but those characters all have something unique that could help them overcome the gay either through a unique strength or by taking away something puff is reliant on like gimps.
zeldas best bet is using bair as much as jiggs

so its a space battle. some stages make it pretty **** easy tho like YS

Cosmo!

nerf zelda's dsmash
if you're lookin for a jiggs counter, don't pick zelda unless the jiggs is a noob
its not an easy matchup

y link feels like he could be a good choice tho, but im not super experienced in that matchup and vanz says its 4-6

zelda:jiggs is probably 3-7, maybe 4-6 but idk, I get wildly varying results depending on the player

Pi

Smash Hero
You have to look at what Jiggs has going for her, and what she has going against her
Going for her you have;
1) Bair
-Countering bair is something a character must be able to do, and often, to stand a chance against jiggs. Marth is good in this regard but loses in other regards. Being able to outspace the jiggs with his sword makes him viable in this matchup, but getting thrown off the edge and almost assuredly dying is a big disadvantage, since I believe he has trouble killing jiggs reliably at the %'s she needs to die at.

2) Aerial Maneuverability
-Jiggs AM (aerial maneuverability) is something that is pretty unique to her character, her ability to control the air space, poke at shields with pretty safe aerials, land wherever she pleases (for the most part), and just generally have approaches that the rest of the cast doesn't really have makes this something to get use to. But when you look at it as a strategy, that's when you can start to determine counters to it. YL is able to put out a lot of projectiles that cover varying areas of the air jiggs is so comfortable in, making her uncomfortable in it, causing her to approach differently or take %. According to KAOSTAR M2's shadow balls also do a good job, falco's lasers are notable, samus....yea sure, her missiles are worth noting, basically projectiles and things that can safely challenge jiggs in the air are good.

3) Fallspeed & weight, making for an inability to be combo'd, as well as a great recovery
-Counters to this can be found in fox, ganondorf, M2 and generally anyone who kills off the side/top for the most part. Obviously these characters have their weak (some very weak) points in this matchup, but what they have going for is worth noting.

There are some other things but I'm not trying to dissect the match here

What she has against her
1) She is light
-Characters with strong moves to kill, fox upsmash, ganon...everything, marth tipper Fsmash etc. make for some early kills
2) Her ground game
-Yes, her dash attack & forward smash are pretty good, but they are still dash attacks and forward smash. Her wavedash is pretty bad, the range on her tilts & jab is nothing to brag about.
3) Her shield
-Pretty **** from my experience, though it's hard to force her to shield.

Basically when you take all this, and realize what advantages are needed, and what disadvantages are to be exploited there is really only 1 character that counters jiggs in theory

And that character is batman

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
new tier list early August lol. This one is a joke right now, the only reason i can see for the delay is they were waiting for Apex and then were thrown off by Arizona and the Low tier **** they bring. Thats the only reason i can see for the new tier list being a least a month late

Dark Hart

Rejected by Azua
new tier list early August lol. This one is a joke right now, the only reason i can see for the delay is they were waiting for Apex and then were thrown off by Arizona and the Low tier **** they bring. Thats the only reason i can see for the new tier list being a least a month late
This actually... makes sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom