• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official MBR Tier List

Status
Not open for further replies.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
The internet.. if that guy was serious, how would you think he would feel right now? Seems many of you already have those auto-responses whenever someone posts something "Suspicious".

JPOBS

Smash Hero
i ****in lol'd at "but brawl is good too cuz he;s going blind and might be better able to see the graphics"

Heeded_call

Smash Rookie
prettty good list. lol only cause some of my fave chars were ranked high. But im surprised mewtwo was that bad

F41R

Smash Rookie
Your brother is blind, and he might be able to see the graphics better ._.

Anyway, i'm pretty pleased with the Melee tier list. Luigi deserved to be out of Low tier. Falco was lower than i expected, but i'm glad hes still top tier (where is Sheik >>). Also, its about time Marth ties with Fox...ive seen him played at WAY too many tournaments (yes, i know, he's good)

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
well im with kage on this one. Yea it seems pretty ****ing obvious this is a troll...
..BUT....
The guy didnt say anything unreasonable. If he didnt know he didnt know lol. He started with he has no knowledge and wants to buy a gift. and it makes sense that a brighter flashier game with bigger sharper images would be easier to see for someone who is GOING blind.

but yea nonetheless it was funny

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
f jiggs lol she is so good. mango hbox(wtf third at genesis god ****) raistlin(wtf who sry) and darc(darc mad good and getting 2nd at genesis in teams w/ scar WTF dam) like seriously jiggs is mad good

peach is amazing, if armada can do it others can do it, that's just how it works. i haven't seen any of his videos yet to see how though lol can't wait

fox is underrepped supreme, falco is getting mad gooder, falcon is where he is and always will be lol if anyhting down one or two bc jiggs peach

sheik is still sheik some ppl go her and do good

there was almost no marth

wtf genesis lol

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
f jiggs lol she is so good. mango hbox(wtf third at genesis god ****) raistlin(wtf who sry) and darc(darc mad good and getting 2nd at genesis in teams w/ scar WTF dam) like seriously jiggs is mad good

peach is amazing, if armada can do it others can do it, that's just how it works. i haven't seen any of his videos yet to see how though lol can't wait

fox is underrepped supreme, falco is getting mad gooder, falcon is where he is and always will be lol if anyhting down one or two bc jiggs peach

sheik is still sheik some ppl go her and do good

there was almost no marth

wtf genesis lol

LLDL

Smash Hero
Lol doesn't mean jiggs means to be TOP tier. He is still wherever he is currently at on the tier list. Mango is just too good. Stop trying to take his freakin credit away from him. This isn't a blunder of the tier lists, these are just EXCEPTIONAL players. GIVE HIM HIS DUES.

Blistering Speed

Smash Champion
Funny how all the Jiggs players were exceptional then....HBox, Darc, Mango, even some randomer Floridian Raistlin.

The problem is not however with Jigglypuff being underrated, more that people refuse to play the matchup properly.

Meneks

Smash Lord
2 puff players made it to top 5 one made first and one made 3rd...
Please note this was at the BIGGEST melee tournament in the history of melee tournaments...
I think that clarifies that jiggs needs to be upped on the tier list BIG time.

edit

I said mango instead of puff...

Pi

Smash Hero
Guys I think that this was officially the final melee tier list for the SBR, in which case the title could be....right

But I don't think this should be stickied, cause it's not a good reference, tiers in general are not, but this one especially

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
lol Genesis was the wackiest results ever.

Like, Jiggs is way too good. I donno how many tournaments Jiggs has to place well in to prove that. lolrly. Mango, HBOXHBOXHBOX, Raistlin and Darc. WhatchagotWhatchagotWhatchagot.

Also, Peach <3 ilu Armada. And Falcon is always so **** or get *****. I love it.

I'm also loving how there's like no Marth only mains and Sheik only mains in the top spots. Heck, the only person to use those two and place at the top was m2k. <333

And Linguini and Kage repped Ganon pretty hxc.

t3h Icy

Smash Master
The Tier List should be something like this:

Fox/Marth (debatable)
Sheik
Falco
Jigglypuff

Peach
Falcon
ICs

My $0.02.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
Just thinking about The tourney vids has given me a Raging Hard on. I've gotta do some serious SMASTURBATION! LOL

as for the list I think Jiggs has earned top and maybe Peach...or give Armada's peach his own tier like Taj's Mewtwo.

Jihnsius

Smash Lord
What I've noticed about Armada's Peach is that he focuses a lot more on using up-air to combo (instead of nair/fair) and dash attacks for chasing and pressure (instead of grabs.) This obviously proves to be a much better method of playing Peach than what we've been trying here in the US with our float canceling all the time. Armada's combo video has, from what I recall, little to no instant float cancels whatsoever, while players like Cort and Pink Shinobi do nothing but.

EDIT: My point being that Peach's standing on the US tier list is obviously not permanent, we've just witnessed first hand what Peach is capable of.

Samochan

Smash Master
What I've noticed about Armada's Peach is that he focuses a lot more on using up-air to combo (instead of nair/fair) and dash attacks for chasing and pressure (instead of grabs.) This obviously proves to be a much better method of playing Peach than what we've been trying here in the US with our float canceling all the time. Armada's combo video has, from what I recall, little to no instant float cancels whatsoever, while players like Cort and Pink Shinobi do nothing but.

EDIT: My point being that Peach's standing on the US tier list is obviously not permanent, we've just witnessed first hand what Peach is capable of.
I've taken a lot of pointers from armada's style and it truly works well when it comes to combos. But one bad thing about armada's style is that one needs to be hella smart in order to not get outplayed by other player, as dash attacks and uairs are easy to crouch cancel/shield and punish. So obviously lots of mixups need to be used. Also, armada's spacing is really good and his timing is absolutely ridiculous, which is why this style works so well to him and he's such an awesome player. Ofc instant float cancels have their merits like when peach needs to ko and quick attack, I myself use nair's awesome 3 frame startup as pseudo-defence against aerial attacks as it seems to go trough lots of stuff at certain height. But yea, instant float cancels can be crouch cancelled to some degree and don't really combo as the person can cc into shield or just flies too afar to be comboed properly anymore. Fc'ing also takes peach into the air where she's slow moving and vulnerable, while dash attacking you're still grounded and can move into it instantly from dash dance and whatever and dash attack combos like no other lol.

Armada's style is simply absolute timing and spacing, with smart and devastating combos. I do not think it can be really even replicated, as the person needs to be as smart player as he is, otherwise they'll prolly shoot themselves to the leg.

Blistering Speed

Smash Champion
Armada's Peach in general is different, especially in aerials. All other Peach's seem limited by their own mindset of FC cancels and not much else. Armada varies SH, FJ and general DJ and float variance, making the usually "slow as **** and vulnerable" in the air Peach, much more unpredictable and less limited.

And yes, he seems to grab much less and dash attack much more then is usual.

Above all though, he's just a very smart player, with consistency and experience.

anomaly

Smash Apprentice
I am all for peach being an upper character, but I also think that US players had little to no experience with such a different style of peach, and that may have affected the results.

Jihnsius

Smash Lord
I am all for peach being an upper character, but I also think that US players had little to no experience with such a different style of peach, and that may have affected the results.
I have to disagree on this point. I think what matters is what Peach is capable of and not what other characters are capable of doing to Peach. Armada's combos with Peach are more or less true combos, something that someone knowing what Armada is capable of wouldn't be able to stop, whether you're Mango or not. What we know each character can do to Peach remains the exact same, but what we know Peach can do to the other characters has just increased.

aquanesia

Smash Cadet
Well clearly a majority of peaches won't be able to fully utilize Armada's innovations, just like a majority of puffs weren't able to fully utilize mango's puff stuff, but already good players like darc, raistlin, and h-box were able to incoporate it to good effect. I imagine the same thing can happen with good peach players like Pink Shinobi and Vwyns.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom