• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official *Pound* 4 Melee Results Thread

crismas

Smash Master
NNID
crismaspresents
@Blazing, I know me and Emily played teams friendlys and I think it was against you guys :) I didn't know your names though! I had fun :D

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
Most people are not responsible in this community and that is why we cannot have good things.

SRK is worst cause these are grown men doing stupid ****.

Fox Hater

Smash Journeyman
Now that u mention it there was that guy who looked like a ... uff I ended up having nightmares not fair. jajaja.

And Yeah there were a lot of people who speak Spanish that surprised me although they seem ashamed of doing it.

And just for ur info In PR u can drink at 18. yeah we are that superior

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
Mind explaining? I got a bit lost with your post. :confused:
I believe that you're saying: that I was your first victim and that I was johning about my stomach, right? I wasn't johning about my stomach... You 2-0ed me with Falco and my stomach "problem" was solved before Pools began. Also, you weren't my first oponent, Adam was, followed by Winston, then you or ZiggyRedBass.

By the way, I don't have anything against you, it's just a game and you won. :)
lol, the less time you spend trying to understand Big_R posts, the better. sometimes, he doesn't make any sense whatsoever :laugh:

<3 Big_R

joeplicate

Smash Master
alright shoutouts time

eric- you get my first shoutout for being the homie and hanging out with me all weekend. i owe you a pack of cigarettes LOL, even though i don't think i'll pick up the habit

microwave- you are so god **** cool i can't even believe it. and you came with the hackey sack? <333 next big tournament, we need to hang out stat. the airport party was really fun

rock crock- you're so cool, such a nice dude and a good smasher. thanks for showing me what to do against gannon, otherwise i'm sure our set would've just been me getting ***** BRUTALLY. ggs though, and tell your friend (i think i rode back in the car with him) that i'm sorry for snapping at him lol. =_= i was just definitely mad nervous, i don't have a lot of experience playing under pressure at all. plus after we played i went and meditated for a cool 5 minutes LOL. no hard feelings, i love you bro.

mango- way to **** me. good job winning I GUESS

g$$$- you're too good man, gj making it into brackets. plus you and hazz brought the heat in those teams mms! i always love playing you, see you next time

all the europeans who i didn't get a chance to meet that well- over, remen, strawhats, adam, etc- way to represent. it's really exciting, i think that europe coming to american events is really revitalizing the smash scene in a great way. every major, more and more international players show up. it's really exciting. plus you guys are all ****ing good!

cyrain- you're a G, and you **** in doubles. i'm really gonna try to copy your style a little more in teams. your hair is tight and you are tall like me, those were awesome friendlies too. gj in doubles

tope- i really love you, the way how you took the upair and slapped me out of it in pools was ****in great. i love your sheik style, you do so much where i think "wow, why doesn't EVERYBODY do that?" good **** in doubles and singles, drephen and darkrain are some good wins

hbk- i'm really glad i finally got to play you! fun mm (even though i got whooped), and thanks a ton for all the advice + practice. you truly do have some east coast DI, you're amazingly smart and good, too.

hazz- you're so cool it's ridiculous. plus i love the way you play so soft on your buttons, you inspired me to practice tech skill again and get **** fast. nice meeting you and playing you

tai- i was on the verge of complaining about our pool for you, man. tough luck =/. you're getting a lot better, though, as soon as you started being more patient and making sure your moves hit you were giving darkrain the business, plus i was pretty scared during our 2nd match. see you around

reno- your fox is so technical and good, i just realized watching our set how you were ****ing me up while i didn't even notice during game 2. keep at it! fox is tough cause everybody knows how to play against him. good seeing you

darkrain- i'm sure that one day i'll be able to play you without getting humiliated by falcon's huge ****. ggs and good stufff in doubles! ;)

jeff- gj in doubles and in beating armada. i'm glad you shut up all the haters after genesis

jman- <3333 i'm sure next time we play you're gonna **** me ballsless. our set was definitely the highlight of the tournament for me, i wanna play you some more next time! good **** beating pc, my smash idol

trail- your climbers are so good! good **** in our set, even though it sucks how you kinda got gayed in rd 3 pools haha. it's awesome how you can play so well without chaingrabbing like ****, chu jr.

velynn- you're no joke, either. i definitely came into the set and you were ****** me, i'm glad i pulled off some lucky comeback though somehow:dizzy:. you're really good, and your edgeguards ****! nice meeting you

sanuzi- it was cool meeting you, try to focus on staying calm in tournaments i guess. it's hard, i know; that's one of my biggest problems. all you east coasters are so hard to play, even if i've never heard of you before!!

pc- it was a pleasure finally getting to play and hang out with the guy who got me into smash. you're still my favorite player of all time! there's no doubt in my mind that you can get it back, just practice that tech skill yo. hanging out in the lobby till 6 am was really cool, you're a lot of fun to talk to. PC for president baby!!

vidjo- soooo funny talking to you. good **** in doubles. it was awesome to meet you

chu- didn't get a chance to meet you as much as i would've liked, but you seem mad chill, really nice, and super professional about the game. good **** in doubles and singles, both in brawl and melee! i heard you beat larry!! good ****!

yayuhz- possibly the highlight of hangout night, even though you came so late. super funny guy, i love the way you talk and your stories were hilarious as ****

kirby kaze- i heard you ****, and the stories were true. you are so cute it's ridiculous, in a thoroughly homo (or non-homo) way. it was cool playing you and hearing your philosophy on melee, even though i could tell you were sandbagging mad hard! oh well, i'll see you around

sleepyK- finally i get to match a face with the best youtube channel on the east coast! awesome getting to meet you. i wish we played a little more, but oh well. see you again sometime hopefully

cactuar- right when i think i'm getting good, the cactus shows up and 4-stocks me with ease, like a force of nature. you remind me of those statues on easter island, always patient, always waiting, always ready to **** you.

dr pp- it was so cool finally getting to play you! your style is so fast and smart, even though it feels like i can kinda get a bead on you, i still get *****! your determination has paid off in a big, big way. part 2 of inspiring me to practice tech skill again

doh- <33 your peach is so wild, i think i got reverse faired like 6 times in one match. thanks for playing friendlies with me :)

axe- you play soooooo fast, omg it's mad gay haha. <3 thanks for the friendlies, you really are amazing. BEAST pika and falco, plus you're a super nice dude.

on a related note: shoutout to nametags
you're too useful. i asked for next between dr pp and doh, pp leaned over, looked at my nametag "Oh, what's up replicate! Yeah sure!" :p

lovage- yo this ya boy? yea, that's mah d00d

west coast- we ****, nuff said

me- good **** me, another successful tourney under da belt

plank- good job running everything

everybody who helped with rides- thank you so so so much, you were really the backbone of this tournament

everybody who i met, played with, forgot to give a shoutout to, got me frustrated cause ec plays so gay in friendlies, helped out with the venue, cleanup, organizing, selling food, hanging out at the airport, and anything else imaginable:
<3
it was a blast

see you all at the next big tourney!

Twin_A

Smash Champion
Singin Pretty Fly for a White Guy in the shower :)
I hope everyone enjoyed the magic and we will have better/new ones for the next tourney :D

(and again if i forget anybody I'm really sorry)

Reneblade: You and dabizwiz were fun to play against and you were a great guy in general. Hope to see you at the next tourney.

SleepyK: <3 you were funny as hell haha!

Nike: Great rooming with ya bro. Great guy

Anybody that was in the conference room when we first got there and enjoyed mine and my bros jokes <3

EZ: nice guy to chill with

Axe: You are an amazing smasher and one of my best friends. Ity's too bad you live 7 hours away haha! I'm glad you really showed your stuff at this tourney.

Taj: it's the mutha ****in Taj! It was awesome hanging out with you and I'm glad you being sick didn't ruin your weekend.

TeeAyeEye: If only we were swapped pools so you could've really shown your stuff! Not everyone can bring Darkrain to the brink of defeat! Good **** friend.

Darkshifter: Even tho you play Brawl, <3 ya Bryce :D

My 1st rou8nd pool:

Zhu: (Zhus for name search :p): My first match of my first major tourney and it was against Zhu! And I brought your falco to one stock in a close match. Good day haha. You were chill and fun to hang out with. Hope to see you at future tourneys!

Toasty: I want some more of those nachos! And our set was the best set I had at the tourney hands down! and everyone was right, you are a really great guy.

Raistlin: that last match was hilarious! You had me beat so yelling to come rest me so we could go watch D1 was hilarious! Happy to chill with you again haha.

COCM: Didn't really talk to you much but your falco was pretty good.

Pool 2:

DOH: <3

PR player: fox too good

Jace: great IC's and Falcon

Other guy/???: legit falco

EUROPE:

Aniolas: AH next time we will actually spar with gloves without it being broken up after 2 seconds haha! Hope you get good at magic tricks as well!

Armada: losing to you and your bro in teams taught me one thing... your brother carries you too much. Get good at this game you scrub! haha kidding. You were a really cool guy and pretty funny as well.

Amsah: My favorite of all the european players to chill with. Even when in an intense set you are laughing and talking and having fun! Come back here sometime k :D

Adam: ui... ui... ui... ui... Dui (spelling?) one day I will get those words right that you had me and my bro try saying haha! Great chillin with you.

Strawhats: You were so cool to talk to! And your marth is insane! Hope to see you again.

Over Triforce: you didn't speak much english and I didn't speak much spanish. But you made me laugh harder than anyone else at this tourney! Hope to see you again bro! (Strawhat if you would please translate... again :p)
Zgetto: didn't talk to you too much but you were cool as hell

C: nice commentating and great hanging out with ya

Faab/VBM: too good. Greatest troll in history. And an amazing player! Who would've guessed :p

I know I'm missing some but all of Europe were amazing

Puerto Rico:

HDL: daaaaaaang your link was good. plus you were a nice guy. Way to blow our minds!

Eval: Great seeing you again. Next time you'll get those magiuc tricks you want haha

<3 all of PR

Randoms:

Hbox: <3 ya Juan

Hum: <3 ya Juans brother :p your magic trick was pretty legit

Guy who tried to one up my bro and I in magic tricks: Get owned :p nice trick though. Good flourishes but the technique was a little off. Still not bad though.

RockCrock: Mr. Croak I swear I wasn't trying to scam you out of your autograph. Now catch the dime attached to your head :p Haha your ganon is too good!

Harriet the Guy: great seeing you again and hope you enjoyed the magic tricks.

Marin (I think that was her name): hope you liked the magic tricks you requested ^_^

Zoro: didnt really talk much but when we did you were pretty cool

UUAA: Wow your fox was crazy!

LadyLegion: you were awesome to talk to and hang out with!

Mang0: you scrub. Box me again already if you're that good :p haha congrats on winning and for all the laughs

Lucky: I probably hugged you and your lady more than anyone else at this tourney haha. <3 with the hand sign. Congrats on winning teams and showing how skilled you are yet again!

Cathy (or was it Kathy?): Lucky's lucky lady. You were great to talk and laugh with! <3 ya kido

Milktea; Round 2 of our ERS battle goes to me! We need a tie breaker now!

MacD: You were funny and really cool haha! Pplus your peach owned me after I owned the other peach. Way to make me feel good XP

Xelic: who would've guessed that the twins actually playerd the game and didn't just hang out and make others laugh :p <3

I just lost the game

ChuDat: Chu.S.A!!! Chu.S.A!!! Hope you liked the chant. It was great finally meeting my first big idol of smash haha. Congrats on doing so well with vidjo. And who says IC's aren't good in teams :p

Vidjo: You were cool as hell bro! It was great getting your sig on a card

Eggz: you hug a lot when drunk :p but its ok because you're an awesome guy

SilentWolf: shhhh. See above :p

Alex Strife: Hope to go to APEX 2 and hang out again :D

Crismas: see above :p hugs

Thumswayup: thumbs you probably got more crap from me at this tourney than anyone else. Now a youtube vid is up of me and my brother owning you and making you look like an idiot ("Pound 4 twin magic" for anyone curious). But I will say this, you are a great guy and a good sport :D Your falcon is also very legit. Hope to see you again bro

Anyone else in the hotel room for that recording: <3 you guys are good sports

Darc: it was great meeting ya bro

Dazwa: great commentating with ya

The great Kazoo/Wazoo: :p see above haha

Phil: you were awesome and the only guy to ask what mine and my bros actual names are instead of just settling for "twins". Chill as hell too. Can't wait to see you again at Genesis 2

HMW: your commentating is always great haha

God Is My Rock: great hanging out with you bro

Aposl: thanks for the ride and the case of soda at the end :D good luck with VG Boot Camp

plank: Thanks for the ride back and thanks for the amazing tourney experience :D

Tantalus: thanks for the ride from HATs and good job with Brawl

HAT: thanks for letting us chill at your place. You are way too cool.

Dr. PP: I felt good about facing Falcos after hoolding my own against Zhu. But nooooooo you had to come in and wreck me with your aggressive falco :p Hope you liked the magic and I'll be seeing you again haha

Germ: great impersonations and funny as always

Germs Lady: nice talking with you on the phone for that minute haha

DJ Nintendo: your speed runs are soooo good!

Hax: fun as always

Jman: good **** wrecking :D

Scar: was a pleasure

SilentSpectre: you are way too funny bro. And I think you had the best reaction to our magic if only because the most anyone would get out of you is a shoulder shrug an "I guess" and a brief laugh, yet with us you started freaking out :p thanks for the pics and the good times.

Darkrain: it was nice meeting you bro. Way to rep falcon to the fullest :D

Linguini: fun as always

D0N: I want your hat :p

HugS: Hope your hand got better bro! You are a nice dude :D

Kage: ah the warrior fell :( but you are still amazing as always :D

KirbyKaze: haha those hugs were very much appreciated

I.B.: so tall... and a nice guy

Raynex: it was great meeting you bro :D

anyone else from Canada: <3

ADHD: I only wish Plank had told me at the venue what you said to him. Next time you say that to someone I hope they come and get me, because I have no problem beating the hell out of ignorant stuck up pricks like you. Grow up and enjoy the game. And learn to respect others you son of a *****.

And lastly EE/all the other names you go by: After all the hell you gave me for trolling the thread, you turn out to be one hell of a nice guy haha! It was great chillin with ya.

anyone we showed magic tricks too that I'm forgetting: hope you enjoyed it and we'll be seeing you again.

Anyone I forgot: <3

Wow now thats a wall of text :p
:link:

thumbswayup

Smash Master
Thumswayup: thumbs you probably got more crap from me at this tourney than anyone else. Now a youtube vid is up of me and my brother owning you and making you look like an idiot ("Pound 4 twin magic" for anyone curious). But I will say this, you are a great guy and a good sport :D Your falcon is also very legit. Hope to see you again bro
Haha it's cool, you and your bro are mad chill and it was great hanging with you guys. I only wish I got to see more magic tricks.

and I will find that mother ****ing dime

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Now that u mention it there was that guy who looked like a ... uff I ended up having nightmares not fair. jajaja.

And Yeah there were a lot of people who speak Spanish that surprised me although they seem ashamed of doing it.

And just for ur info In PR u can drink at 18. yeah we are that superior
You can also do that in Canada, where you at USA? lol.

Criosphinx

Smash Lord
Ya but what is the aftermath? You drink and you are under 21 and you **** up a hotel room and screw yourself over. You do not need to drink or do drugs to have a great time.

I have tried drinking when I was 21 and I never got into it. I do not mind people that smoke pot but I find drinking to be such a stupid thing to do when not at your house.
I feel I should clarify myself, since you clearly misunderstood me.

I'm 22. Drinking isn't illegal for me.

pockyD

Smash Legend
i think it's fairly well established that a lot of people 18-21 simply can't handle drinking

on the other hand, a lot of people 21+ can't either

and the people 21- do it anyway

so what's the point anyway

let's all get ****ED UP

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
Oh I understand I still do not think drinking really helps in general. I was using an example.

Drinking in general does nothing but provide problems especially if you go out of your way to get ****faced. A drink helps but people do not know how to do that.

Criosphinx

Smash Lord
I mean, I got quite drunk on Monday night. But all I really did was go downstairs to the lobby, heckle M2bro while he was playing Armada in Tiny Melee, then chat with Aniolas. Admittedly, I don't remember what we were talking about.

(*Jman*)

Smash Champion
plaink i sear stop trying to make me look like the bad guy here

i told u we could not find our car keys y would i lie wtf

those bottles that were smashed, were the same bottles we were drinking on the way to your tourney on friday.. we left them in the room...

so u dont even no what the **** your talking about..

now since u wanna say jman try to test me bull****

lets talk about how u rigged your third round pool and your brakit

Blazing

Smash Apprentice
@Blazing, I know me and Emily played teams friendlys and I think it was against you guys :) I didn't know your names though! I had fun :D

Yeah it was fun alright you girls are too good and next time don't sand bag just **** us lol so i don't end up using DK like i did with you girls hahahahahahah it was nice maybe we can play some day again;)

hungrybox

Smash Legend
Orlando, FL (walking distance from the Loop)
Merriwether Post Pavilion.

That's how good Pound 4 was.

Europe is Amazing.

The Puerto Ricans made me feel like I belong with them, lol. They were SOOOOOO much fun.

Mango's the only person I know who defriended me on FaceBook. Come to think of it, he always denied my request.

:(

I.B

Smash Lord
lets talk about how u rigged your third round pool and your brakit
3rd round pool:
Pikachu main
Doc/Mario main
Marth main
Link main
Let me just throw in Armada to make it look fair

Bracket:
Marth main (me!)
Marth main
Luigi main

and who knows from there

SuperRad

Smash Master
After he played those three he played jman and armada.
edit: ****ing mogwai

I'm not going to accuse him of rigging the bracket, but it's hard to deny that everything form round 2 pools on looked suspiciously easy compared to the rest.

iamthemicrowave

Smash Master
shoutouts

Plank - You deserve the biggest shoutout ever!! you **** so hard. thanks for running this tournament, the biggest and best melee tournament ever. you did so much, from getting the venue and hotel, coordinating rides, and you made people do **** at the tournament(which can be one of the hardest parts). Thanks for being such a nice guy! You are awesome and the community needs you!

Europeans - You guys are so awesome! You made this tournament so **** and unlike any other, thanks so much for coming!! It was nice to talk to you guys, especially the ones in our hotel room(stelzig, AJP, captain jadde, and C). I will try and come to your next big tournament.

All other OOC people(Canada doesn't count XD) - Thanks so much for coming!! I played a few PR guys are you were really good, keep it up!

Hotel room:

Cyko - Dude you are mad chill, first time we have spent significant time together and you are really fun to talk to! see you around!

vro - I owe you so much for hooking me up with a room and paying for it!! You are my bro for life, thanks for all the good times.

john! - fun to chill with you at tournaments, and we did pretty good in teams(we should have beat trail and vro but i suck sorry). Keep up the good work!

Kels - Haha man you are too funny, and I love hanging out with you! You really proved yourself at this tournament(beating eggm), and now people will fear the power of kels! like Brian, you are a good fox inspiration for me.

jiano - first time i ever hung out with you, you are really chill! way to **** zelda games, that **** was blowing my mind. you are sourouch are mad funny.

4% - nice to finally meet you, i totally get what you said about midwest being bros even tho we have never met!

big d - dude you're ****ing drew, you **** as always!! thanks for the ride to the venue!

souroch or however you spell it - getting shwasted with you was so fun, i wanna drink with you again. you had me laughing so hard all over that night. too bad we never found a party.

Airport party

Joeeereplicate - ****ing ****!! you are the ****, chilling at the airport was mad fun with my clutch hacky sack! i wanna get practice up at hackey and get on your level. good **** beating jesus

Eric - dude you **** as well! it was so fun to talk to you and hear about all the hilarious times at norcal, i wanna visit so bad. Thanks for all the cigs, I owe you a pack!

FL ppl - RockCrock, Apollo, Blind, Raistlin, Harriet the Guy: Nice to meet you all! Good times at the airport all night! Its fun to chill with smashers and have non smash activity. Good luck at school!

Kansas - dmac, phat, jace, rezo: so funny running into you guys at the airport!! the hangover was clutch. Jace good games for the few friendlies we played. MW for life!!

other people i played

full metal - wow dude your marth is awesome, ive been a fan and it was awesome to play you!

blea gelo - you are ****ing hysterical and your luigi is sooo good! thanks for all the fun friendlies/random ****

chaddddddd - i played your sheik a few games, ggs son.

KM - so own so hard at this game, i dont know how you didnt make it farther in the tournament. your marth and falco really taught me alot, thanks for all the games. too bad we didn't burn, next time man.

g-reg - i mean your ****ing g-reg, come on. awesome to meet you and your falcon *****.

twins - you guys are funny as hell!

trail - why werent u drinking with me and sourouch

jeff - most clutch smasher ever, way to beat armada! you are so funny with your "I guess" responses.

Reneblade - i love hanging out with you man, always fun! keep working on that falcon, you are improving alot.

bizwiz- dude so clutch with the buds!! thanks for all the smokage and good times chilling. Hope to see you and chris soon!

tafokints(sp?) - nice to meet you, nice sheik man!

mog87 - fun games man, you are a cool guy.

mango - good ****, you are taking melee to a new level!

hbox - good job with second, you almost had mango in WF!! I just saw your post, I love animal collective too!! good music son!!

m2k - my fav smasher ever, you still got this! dont quit melee! this is some of the best you have ever played. you vs armada was the best set at the tournament

scar - nice to talk to you outside the venue, good **** running the falcon tournament, best part of pound 4! your falcon is mad good, keep it up. good **** beating jeff!

vidjo - you are funny as hell!

tai - nice marth, fun games man!!

pc - way to come back to melee! yes!!!

lucky - my favorite fox(behind m2k), you are soooo good!

other midwest people(mundungu, quaz, hunger, fatboy) - awesome to see midwest at a tournament, see you guys soon!!

people i forgot - sorry!! ill edit if something comes to mind.

MIDWEST - you guys are all my bros for life!! Its awesome to see familiar faces in a faraway place! <3

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
shoutouts soon. i'll just use the player list from aib and add on the people who didn't tourney

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
milktea: kirbykaze is adorable!
sleepyk: kirbykaze is like a cute puppy. i just want to take him home and pet him.

anthony000

Smash Journeyman
Quick shouts

My tag was Easy btw,

Plank: Good **** on running the hell out of this tourney. It was amazing. And I meant what I said about my memory card. You ever find it, I'll send you $15.

Eclipsing Binary: Was good talkin smash and chillin with you man.

SleepyK, Dashdancedan: Same as Binary. Good people

Phish-it and crew: Wow, you 3 were the highlight of my weekend. Kept me laughing the entire time. Longhorn was too good.

Canada: You guys were mad chill.

Xelic: Thanks for wrecking me with your Peach for ~2 hours. I really gotta work on that matchup.

Thumbs: Good people.

Axe: Wow, you are the most humble most amazing smasher I've ever met. It's mad refreshing.

HugS: It was nice meeting you man. I really respect the way you play this game.

*** If anyone grabbed a black memory card after the tourney that's not theirs, and it has SSX 3, Skies of Arcadia, and Phantasy Star Online data on it, that's mine. I would really appreciate it back. If you do realize you have my memory card, please PM me. I know this is a long shot, but I figured I'd post it here just in case. ***

Best tourney ever

Top Bottom