• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official *Pound* 4 Melee Results Thread

joeplicate

Smash Master

Linguini

Smash Master
Lucky had a weird bracket. He beat amsah in winners just to play mango the next round, which put him against dr.pp then armada (tough). If he had lost vs amsah he would have had a much easier way towards losers semi's (remen, linguini, tope, jman) and also would have given amsah a shot at mango (and if amsah won would have potentially forced a mango/armada rematch)
i beat lucky 2-0 in 3rd round pools lol

gotta procrastinate with the shoutouts till this weekend ,****ing school

Ken_Y`

Smash Lord
yeah brackets were rigged ... zhu vs hbox 2nd round?

and HDL should of gotten out of pools ... he got *****

and lucky always gets ***** in brackets considering competition ...

at ROM he lost to Dr.PP and Mango

Wish

Smash Cadet
I don't think anyone remembered me or knew who I was, but I was that girl who hung out with Amsah and the Dutchies mostly..xD I just paid for spectator, didn't register for the tourney, and didn't play many friendlies, so ye =x anyways, this was my first tournament, I had a great weekend, had a lot of fun, it was amazing to see so many talented players compete, and I enjoyed meeting everyone! <3 I remember most of your names but I wouldn't wanna be a creeper and do shoutouts to people who don't remember me, soo, you know who you are, and thanks for the laughs and hugs and fun. =D

small pic so it doesn't take up room~

zgetto marc me amsah adam faab ;o

MattDotZeb

Smash Hero
i beat lucky 2-0 in 3rd round pools lol

gotta procrastinate with the shoutouts till this weekend ,****ing school
YEA! WHY DIDN'T ALUKARD/SCAR THINK THAT HE'D RUN INTO MANGO IN THE LOSER'S BRACKET!

RABBLE!

rabble RABBLE!
You mean SCAR. Not Alukard.
Scar was the man in charge there.
>_>

/still-bitter-at-scar-for-putting-me-2nd-seed-at-ROM2-despite-alukard-saying-I-was-1st-seed.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
Quick shouts

My tag was Easy btw,

Plank: Good **** on running the hell out of this tourney. It was amazing. And I meant what I said about my memory card. You ever find it, I'll send you $15.

Eclipsing Binary: Was good talkin smash and chillin with you man.

SleepyK, Dashdancedan: Same as Binary. Good people

Phish-it and crew: Wow, you 3 were the highlight of my weekend. Kept me laughing the entire time. Longhorn was too good.

Canada: You guys were mad chill.

Xelic: Thanks for wrecking me with your Peach for ~2 hours. I really gotta work on that matchup.

Thumbs: Good people.

Axe: Wow, you are the most humble most amazing smasher I've ever met. It's mad refreshing.

HugS: It was nice meeting you man. I really respect the way you play this game.

*** If anyone grabbed a black memory card after the tourney that's not theirs, and it has SSX 3, Skies of Arcadia, and Phantasy Star Online data on it, that's mine. I would really appreciate it back. If you do realize you have my memory card, please PM me. I know this is a long shot, but I figured I'd post it here just in case. ***

Best tourney ever
didnt know ur SWF acc. i have ur memory card bud. ^^

_milktea

Smash Lord
Moment you've all been waiting for =O....

Milktea's #4 Photos (298pictureslolimawesome):​

http://www.flickr.com/photos/_milktea/sets/

The "Smash." set was also taken at Pound 4, be sure to check them out too =).​

As for shoutouts, I don't think I'll be doing individual shoutouts or else I'd probably blow up Smashboard/wind up forgetting people that I didn't mean to forget. But, as an overall shoutout...

I basically attended this tournament with the only desire to see people. I have played Smash maybe twice seriously in the past 4 months? How long has it been since SNES/GameUnicon? Lol.

It was more than enjoyable seeing all my old friends and of course, meeting new people. You all know who you are. It was SUCH a surprise seeing Bach, Rumiko, Kirbstir, and more old school people. It was nice seeing Kaiser of course :p, thank you so much for helping us out! And, seeing the good old Mainehampshire crew that I basically go to all tournaments with LOL. It was good seeing familiar faces from Genesis too =). And, it was nice making up with a few people (Kiwi, PC!). It's a shame there wasn't more time to hang with people individually, I'm really sorry if I got cut off in the middle of conversations a lot by others :(. You get the point, I really enjoyed running into the venue on the first day and hugging every one of my friends. I seriously can't emphasize how wonderful it was seeing every one of you.

I don't think I'll be playing Smash at all until maybe the summer (or never). Even so, I'll drop by tournaments <3, maybe to take more photos and hang out? Haha. Or maybe I'll be **** by Apex >:D. LOL. We'll see.

OH. The freakin' Europeans. YOU GUYS ARE AWESOME. Amsah, you're so friendly! Same with Marc :). I didn't get to talk to the rest, I think I told you your fashion was awesome one night Zghetto LOL. And I waved to you Fab ._. , and thank you Armada for friendlying me =), good stuff not sandbagging and 3-stocking me LOL, hahaha.

Oh right. I don't really like losing in touch with people, so [only] people I know, add me on Facebook? Tell me who you are in the little message thing! Sorry if I reject you >_>, don't take offense. It's probably because I hardly know you...

"Lilian Chen."

Feel free to take the photos and upload them to your own Facebooks, since I don't know how I feel about uploading 2 gigs of photos to mine LMAO. Maybe...

Oh yeah, <3 Mango <3. Love you and confusing people with you ;).

Edit: Labeling 300 photos sucks!

Zephynazo

Zobaia -Deus- Ariana
Watched this on tha livestream, pretty epic!

Good stuff to Plank for hosting this!

Also, **** all of u **** trashtalkers, learn some **** and respect your players (playing) like we do in Europe, ****ing *******s!

It is very disrespectful!

Edit1:
ARmada, **** them all next time!

Edit2:
Im so sorry for ever saying that the twins look "small", i was so wrong, u guys have pretty good "body build" <--- lol
Tw1n - thanks for everything man ;)

iamthemicrowave

Smash Master
lol qq moar.

the europeans were the ****ing hit of the tournament, everyone wanted to talk/hang out with them. we loved that they were there! theres no disrespect at all, its just for fun.

TheCrimsonBlur

Smash Master
lol qq moar.

the europeans were the ****ing hit of the tournament, everyone wanted to talk/hang out with them. we loved that they were there! theres no disrespect at all, its just for fun.
Seriously. Everyone was doing everything but suck their ***** this tournament.

Where people got the impression their was anything but respect for them is beyond me. Cheering for USA players doesn't count. Every other thing said about the Europeans was either "they are maaaad good" or "they are hella good" (west coast style).

Black Jinjo

Smash Apprentice
This tourney was beyond epic. So much fun smashing with ppl from all over the world and mostly getting my *** kicked by everyone.

Quick shoutouts (all melee, no brawl) to ppl whose names I remember:

Teczero: LOL Saturday morning
Darkshifter(?): Switch your main to Ganon. I'm serious, good ****.
Toasty: 5am friendlies Sunday morning with Solar and me, too good.
HDL: Impressive Link. Too bad you didn't make it further in the tournament...
Mango: Congrats on ****** everyone.
M2K: Don't quit! You are way too good to give up now!
Everyone in 1st pools (Cosmo, Bloshi, can't remember who else) You're all beast. GGs
NSG: Had a blast with you guys the whole time. Good **** on making brackets Th0rn!
Europe: You guys ****. You adapted so well to our smash game, especially Armada and Amsah. Very impressive!

GGs to everyone else I played against. This tournament motivated me to get back into melee. Since most of you don't know me, I haven't been to a tournament since Pound 2... LOL ppl have gotten so beast since then. Nobody expected Jinjo to show up... haha Dazwa.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
I'm sure there was some **** talk to the europeans. I'm guessing they're just sorta shocked by it if they don't talk much **** over there.

**** talk's a part of the game over here. sometimes people's feelings get hurt, but if play the game long enough, you should be used to it and get over it.

not gonna lie, my favorite part of Chu vs. Mango was after game 2 when HBK was all up in Mango's face talking ****... :laugh: kid's too funny. It's all in good fun, you just gotta let it roll off your shoulders.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
people just love to complain about anything and everything, apparently.

iamthemicrowave, thx for ur support specifically. you were really chill all tourney and i definitely noticed that

#

Pinkie Pie

Smash Journeyman
Yeah it was fun alright you girls are too good and next time don't sand bag just **** us lol so i don't end up using DK like i did with you girls hahahahahahah it was nice maybe we can play some day again;)
Jajaja, was it during our game that someone turned our TV off or something? If so, yeah we were definitely right about to ****. Next time we stop sandbagging!

Moment you've all been waiting for =O....

Milktea's #4 Photos (298pictureslolimawesome):​

http://www.flickr.com/photos/_milktea/sets/

The "Smash." set was also taken at Pound 4, be sure to check them out too =).​

As for shoutouts, I don't think I'll be doing individual shoutouts or else I'd probably blow up Smashboard/wind up forgetting people that I didn't mean to forget. But, as an overall shoutout...

I basically attended this tournament with the only desire to see people. I have played Smash maybe twice seriously in the past 4 months? How long has it been since SNES/GameUnicon? Lol.

It was more than enjoyable seeing all my old friends and of course, meeting new people. You all know who you are. It was SUCH a surprise seeing Bach, Rumiko, Kirbstir, and more old school people. It was nice seeing Kaiser of course :p, thank you so much for helping us out! And, seeing the good old Mainehampshire crew that I basically go to all tournaments with LOL. It was good seeing familiar faces from Genesis too =). And, it was nice making up with a few people (Kiwi, PC!). It's a shame there wasn't more time to hang with people individually, I'm really sorry if I got cut off in the middle of conversations a lot by others :(. You get the point, I really enjoyed running into the venue on the first day and hugging every one of my friends. I seriously can't emphasize how wonderful it was seeing every one of you.

I don't think I'll be playing Smash at all until maybe the summer (or never). Even so, I'll drop by tournaments <3, maybe to take more photos and hang out? Haha. Or maybe I'll be **** by Apex >:D. LOL. We'll see.

OH. The freakin' Europeans. YOU GUYS ARE AWESOME. Amsah, you're so friendly! Same with Marc :). I didn't get to talk to the rest, I think I told you your fashion was awesome one night Zghetto LOL. And I waved to you Fab ._. , and thank you Armada for friendlying me =), good stuff not sandbagging and 3-stocking me LOL, hahaha.

Oh right. I don't really like losing in touch with people, so [only] people I know, add me on Facebook? Tell me who you are in the little message thing! Sorry if I reject you >_>, don't take offense. It's probably because I hardly know you...

"Lilian Chen."

Feel free to take the photos and upload them to your own Facebooks, since I don't know how I feel about uploading 2 gigs of photos to mine LMAO. Maybe...

Oh yeah, <3 Mango <3. Love you and confusing people with you ;).

Edit: Labeling 300 photos sucks!
LOL, someone definitely said "what up milktea" to me. I was like, yo wrong Asian chick *****!

Ghostype

Smash Champion
I found a picture on day 1 that has me and Tope watching btree lose a match to a bowser.

LOL
LOL Chred, I lost to two Bowsers in pools that day. I think using the name Bowsertree is bad luck.

Round 1 Pools:

Tope - LOL

pockyD - GGs!

Schoolie Dee - GGs!

Thethethelyme - GGs!

Round 2 Pools:

KM - Nice to see you again! GGs!

Husband - ^Same!

Warrior Knight - GGs!

Vwins - GGs!

Poydyk (Pdog?) - GGs!

Teams Pools:

I really enjoyed playing Amsah and Adam in teams pools, thanks for the extra friendlies guys; you were mad fun to play!

G-reg & KM - thanks for the ****! I love playing my own region in every tournament LOL.

Trail & Vro (?) - GGs! Also Vro fun friendlies after, I was the Peach.

(Don't remember other team/s)

Frozen - Yeah!

DOSV - good **** Army man! Making it to teams bracket and ****.

HAT - good **** piano man! Teams bracket with DOSV, and brackets for Brawl!

Vist - NOOOOOOOOOOOoooOOoOO! Third round pools+teams bracket!

Phil - Yeah!

CanISmash

Smash Lord
Elmont LI, Queens. Philadelphia during semesters.
Most people are not responsible in this community and that is why we cannot have good things.

SRK is worst cause these are grown men doing stupid ****.
^ so we got kiwi saying she got info from a third party about jman sleeping in passed onto crismas then onto alex who gossips to plank and we got a game of telephone for no reason. nice and responsible.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Dr. Pee Pee- You have the best Falco i have ever played man, it was a honor to meet and play you my friend hope we can do it again and btw i was screaming stack it up!!!!!!!!!!! in most of your matches
Thanks dude. =)

Your Link is really good. Do they just breed **** Links in Puerto Rico or what? haha

I hope to see you soon man!

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
my orginal shoutout list was a bit much:

to people I played in friendlies; good stuff, I encourage you to play to learn.

to MacD / Ka-Master / Kage; **** you guys were the only people I dropped sets to during my singles run thanks for the experience.

To pittsburgh; you guys are awesome thx for letting me stay with ya and tell stories/hear them from you guys!

Holland; It was cool having you guys in the room with me and pittsburgh. Good times. I really liked how we kinda chilled for a bit and just chatted. Adam you were such a gentlemen in our money match. You are a great guy.

Montreal; you guys are so chill. You guys make french sound so beast. As much as I have faced you guys in tourney(as a whole) I feel like we're buddies now haha.

Toronto; good **** as always, i play you guys at like every major so like I chilled on it this time(I played some of y'all still haha).

midwest; too good. out of all the players I think that the majority of my cheering went towards drephen(and hbk). drephen gave me his hat lol!

Cali guys that ate dinner with mogwai's car; good **** jeff being mad humble and actually "silent". nice meeting you falcomist and superad. nice seeing you again dread101(lol people dun know about that **** son) I shouldve met more of you formally, but I dunno the whole smasher vibe was still pretty cool at waffle house. replicate; I kept mistaking you for lovage for the first day haha. yo waffles my bad if it felt like i was calling next all every tv you were on. I really didn't take notice. I just chose TVs at random sometime.

Strawhat Dehean; You were by a good margain one of the most impressive european players I saw there. I wish we played but its all good.

Emilywaves; chipotle is amazing and thank a bunch for letting me know about the trip sunday. U r awesome.

Plank; good stuff overall man. I know that theres complaints floating around and stuff(some are mine) but like srsly good stuff. You've ignited the desire in many to play again and made this a memorable weekend for all of us.

Silent Wolf; good **** placing 17th. I really liked your jacket. you + lovage = ****.

lovage; you are awesome and can't wait for the vids. good stuff making bracket.

kels; great finally meeting you. you are an outstanding player.

remen; good stuff man. i thought when I was about to face you in pools round 3 that i had 1st seed guaranteed but you gave me a really good fight event though you messed up a few times. =( good stuff in bracket!

fox mains; <3 dun give up. so much respect for you guys.

IB, ADAM, HBK, Strahat Dehdean; thx for inspiring me once again to really really work on my marth.

OOC guys; I really hope that you guys had a great time in the U.S. The amount of skill and diversity in the venue was amazing to see and i really hope that you all are motivated to come again at some time. You guys came over here pretty strong, so hopefully some of us get a chance to make it out there for one of your big tourneys. I would love to go to a big European or Caribbean tourney. I really want to experience the atmosphere.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
special thanks btw to

tantalus
ame
HAT
alex strife
d1
the newb
domenic

and so many other people who helped me run things and made everything possible

SnackAttack

Smash Champion
Melee Shoutouts....

Plank-Thank you for making this an amazing weekend. You are an amazing TO, I don't care what anyone says.

HugS- Thanks man! I hope you and the rest of the WC, especially Oats,Havok, and DEHF come back sometime.
Friday's was too good, with my "MIMI" story.

MacD- I didn't even pay you for me staying in the room! I'm so sorry! Once I replace my DS, I'll give you the money on PayPal, I promise.

Armada/PC/Amsah- Nice meeting you guys! Thanks for getting a picture with me!

Superad- Our circle was too good man! Hbox: *Wants to get in look* Us: *No Hbox look*

Boback- Same as Superrad and good **** at Friday's! Nice meeting you!

Aniolas- We only talked like....once..and we didn't do Shiek dittos! D: Nice meeting you though!

Mew2King- Don't give up! You're **** at both games! You're Fox is mad nice.

Hbox- We didn't talk once! D: Well, I did give you that Taco, I hope you enjoyed it, it was the ONLY good one, all the others were all soggy and nasty and ****.... mad dope Puff though!

VIRUSBLUEMAGE-THE MASTER TROLL!!!!! Good meeting you man! You're pretty darn cool in person! I'm so sorry for spilling that on your coat, I really didn't mean it. :(

Brdy- Nice meeting you! nice peach and bun getting skills!

Eggz/Silent Wolf- Nice meeting you both, thanks for letting me copy that data!

PR- You guys are mad legit! Especially that dude doing the Master HAnd stuff.

Chick from PR/FL- I'm not gonna lie, I wanted dat azz, but Brdy beat me to it! D:

Twins- You guys are way too good! Amazing commentary!

HMW- I didn't get to hear your commentary in person. D:

People I played friendlies with: Good ****!

If there's anyone I forgot, I'm sorry..just sooo many people I met.

SuperRad

Smash Master
Nice to meet you too, Swift. I think everyone mistakes replicate and Lovage at first, especially if you don't see how tall Joe is.

That circle was ******. West Coast holding it down while the rest of the world tries to figure out what's going on.

strawhats

Smash Master
Just for ayonre that doesn't know (since I see some people think that VBM is Faab) Faab is a European that entered under the name Virus Blue Mage...he is not the real Virus Blue Mage he did it as a joke and to troll all of you guys mad hard in real life...for confirmation ust ask around on the European boards or ask samochan. The real VBM is Jamaican, and is the same guy who has been lurking these boards for months.

He did not go to Pound 4.

YOU ALL GOT MINDGAMED. LOL

Reioumu

Smash Lord
Shoutouts

Pools1:
ZGetto: THAT STAGE IS TOO PRETTY :(
The Doug: Fun matches
daniel_the_seraph: Nice suit, fun matches
Chaos Marth: GG

Pools2:
Amsah: You were tons of fun to play against. No chaingrabs, lets go
Linguini: I need to stop approaching you :(, your baits are too good
Xelic: GGs
Utto: GGs
Taki: GGs

BTree: Next time I lay down $120, we better Moneymatch *****!
Teczer0: <3 you Haley
Crismas: <3 you Cristin
Alex Strife: Cheat on Crismas with me <3
Thumbswayup: get ***** *****, nice Kermit badge
Plank: Good **** running the largest tourney ever and pretty **** well too.
D1: We gotta play some stuff next time!!! I almost never got to hang with you.
KM: Good **** coming for this. Missed you man
Kirbstir: Joe! We never got to play Settlers :(. too many people doing pools matches
Vidjo: VIIIIIDJOOOOOOO!! <3333333333333333
SleepyK: We're gay all day <3
The Newb: Not so secretly the veteran
JCaesar: I might pick up brawl+ again, dunno... I don't like Ganon's D-throw anymore :(

Anyone else I forgot to mention: <3

god this is the most <3s I've put in a post... Pound 4 made me mad homo.

White_Mike

Smash Lord
I also wanna throw in the fact that after aziz was late to plaay armada plank gave him an extra 30 minutes to warm up.

Probably with hopes that aziz would beat armada, because then he would beat hax like he has before.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
I also wanna throw in the fact that after aziz was late to plaay armada plank gave him an extra 30 minutes to warm up.

Probably with hopes that aziz would beat armada, because then he would beat hax like he has before.

LMFAO why are you such a stupid troll? He was there on time and made a request to me because he wanted to watch a set first then play a few matches so it could go on the livestream. It was already evident melee was going to finish on time and there was communication, that's quite different from not even being at the venue and having no communication at all with the staff. That's the main issue at hand, you can't just assume people are going to wait for you and not communicate at all.

I don't exactly know why you keep making stupid biased posts or what exactly ur problem is, but stop just trying to rile **** up for your own benefit since you've stated before "i just like debates"

debates are good when they are called for but stop trying to make one out of nothing or raise one from the dead. you're such an annoyance to the entire community

Top Bottom