• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Q&A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

DZLE

Smash Master
Just updated the OP.

Good job guys, keep them coming! Good answers by the way, I havent found anything really to add to the past few questions, you guys pretty much take care of it all :lick:

Lets get this stickied!

Dont be afraid to ask us stupid questions!

DZLE

Smash Master
Luigi can be chaingrabbed? with SCG? Whats SCG? :(
SCG = Shield Chain Grab or Shield Cancel Grab. It means grabbing them out of your shield. (Shield and hit A)

I never normal chaingrab luigi because for one I thought it was impossible. for two, he can be standing infinite grabbed with reset.

Anyone confirm that he can or can not be normal SCG'd before I add this info to the OP?

EDIT: Er... Epic double post. my bad.

PinkPwnageFrenzy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PinkPwnageFrenzy
Alright, just adding on to what people have said.

If you want a really good use for Jet Hammer, wait until your opponent HAS to recover on the stage. Hit them in their landing lag for the stock. I usually don't pull the Jet Hammer until my opponent is recovering, in general. About the sliding bit, you can also do it if you just hold towards the direction you want, but very slightly. It's tricky, and it's different for everyone's controller, so just find what works best for you. Otherwise, stick with the tapping really fast.

DZLE

Smash Master
Is there any AT thats useful learning for King DeDeDe?!?!
Other than Chain Grabbing and Infinite Chain Grabbing, D3 doesnt have any AT's that I am aware of. (Hammer slide maybe counts.) Can anyone confirm this as well before I put it up?
And about luigi, your right, timing must be perfec, but he can be SCG'd

Sorry it took me a few days this time, busy with school :D

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Enjoy your sticky.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Other than Chain Grabbing and Infinite Chain Grabbing, D3 doesnt have any AT's that I am aware of. (Hammer slide maybe counts.) Can anyone confirm this as well before I put it up?
Jet Hammer sliding is really impractical and not worth learning.

DZLE

Smash Master
Sooo... DeDeDe has no AT's... :(
That ain't fun...
D3 Needs to AT's, if at this point we found any incredibly useful AT's for him he would probably be god tier along with MK. Well... probably not but he is amazing without them.
Giant Penguin. Giant Hammer.

Badjuju

Smash Apprentice
Against dumb characters that are hard to gimp like G&W, how should you edge guard? Say if they're coming back at an 8 o' clock position from the left side of the stage, would it be better to inhale at the ledge (hoping for the weird stage spike that could happen), jump off stage and dair, or run off the stage and bair when they're about to grab the edge?

B0mbe1c

Smash Lord
IS there any possibility that Wolf or DK can be a good Secondary for DDD?
I doubt it. DK is big and gets stringed pretty easily, and Wolf is a FFer, so he can be CGed by others, and his recovery sucks.
But if you want, you can. :)

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Against dumb characters that are hard to gimp like G&W, how should you edge guard? Say if they're coming back at an 8 o' clock position from the left side of the stage, would it be better to inhale at the ledge (hoping for the weird stage spike that could happen), jump off stage and dair, or run off the stage and bair when they're about to grab the edge?
I like the "ledgecamping with bairs" approach, but it's really only best at midrange. If your opponent is far away, going for a WoP is better. If your opponent is right next to the stage, ftilts, dtilts, and inhale would probably be better options.

But honestly, you should be trying to kill G&W off the top, not gimp him.

IS there any possibility that Wolf or DK can be a good Secondary for DDD?
Here's the short version:
DK is a good sub if you see a ton of Metaknights.
Wolf is a good sub if you don't see any Metaknights.

Hmm, I guess he does. But he could have just as easily walked over and released the Jet Hammer.

WingedKnight

Smash Ace
Gates speaks the truth. Murder Mr. 2D off the top. He is tricky to gimp, and his light weight makes him easier to knockout vertical. Just watch out for the Key DAir and hit him with a UTilt!

Chileno4Live

Smash Ace
NNID
Xyronith
3DS FC
0731-5336-4808
Then what could be a good Secondary. I want to play characters that are fun to play like D3. I like to play with DK, Yoshi, Wolf, TL and Ness. Yoshi is the most fun of them all though. Would be awesome if i could secondary him. He's a good MK counter afterall...

sMexy-Blu

Smash Lord
Then what could be a good Secondary. I want to play characters that are fun to play like D3. I like to play with DK, Yoshi, Wolf, TL and Ness. Yoshi is the most fun of them all though. Would be awesome if i could secondary him. He's a good MK counter afterall...
Best secondaries for DeDeDe IMO are Falco & Rob.

I use Diddy as my secondary, hes really good and bananas counters everyone.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Game & Watch is also a good secondary for Dedede if you can get used to how vastly different their playstyles are.

If you like playing Yoshi, you could go with him. He's about even with most of Dedede's bad matchups, the only exceptions being Falco and G&W.

Tero.

Smash Champion
Play whoever you want if you want to have fun.
Play G&W if you're searching for somebody to cover D3's bad match-ups.
Play MK/Snake if you want to hear people john about broken characters.

sMexy-Blu

Smash Lord
I've been testing how to get a lagless Dair lately but I couldn't find a way, till today if you do a Full Hopped Dair and you Airdodge just after you did you'll get a lagless landing. :)

It looks like if you just L-Canceled the friggin' Aerial just like Melee. XDD
The timings a little hard to master but its totally worth it.

RATED

Smash Lord
in my opinion the best secondarie for DDD mainers is MR. game andwatch..

my secondaries are:

Snake , GaW and MK( he was my main before I used ddd for first time) I used it a lot in tourneys so no one can john about if I use it . but it is so rare if I use it in a tourney now.

qwertyman

Smash Apprentice
sMexy-Blu: There's a better way... Or rather, a different way.

I don't know what they call it, but basically it's a double short hop. You short hop, then immediately use an aerial jump, and use Down air immediately after the second jump. It's completely lagless, and hits a crouching kirby, if I'm not mistaken.
With perfect timing, you can do alot of fun stuff in the air with Dedede.
In a few weeks, I plan to make an instructional video on the subtleties in Dedede's game. All of the different lagless aerials will be included in that, if you want to see.

sMexy-Blu

Smash Lord
There's a better way... Or rather, a different way.
I don't know what they call it, but basically it's a double short hop. You short hop, then immediately use an aerial jump, and use Down air immediately after the second jump. It's completely lagless, and hits a crouching kirby, if I'm not mistaken.
With perfect timing, you can do alot of fun stuff in the air with Dedede.
Its better with airdodging IMO, the timing is too hard to do it that way.

I plan to make an instructional video on the subtleties in Dedede's game. All of the different lagless aerials will be included in that, if you want to see.
Epic win tell me when you do it I'd be happy to see it. :)

Chileno4Live

Smash Ace
NNID
Xyronith
3DS FC
0731-5336-4808
That would be great video. I hope people find a way to get a good Lagless Dair. I use it in a Full hop now, it connects to characters like marth and Cpt Falcon.

sMexy-Blu

Smash Lord
@Chileno4Live

I've been testing how to get a lagless Dair lately but I couldn't find a way, till today if you do a Full Hopped Dair and you Airdodge just after you did you'll get a lagless landing. :)

It looks like if you just L-Canceled the friggin' Aerial just like Melee. XDD
The timings a little hard to master but its totally worth it.
cwutididthar?

DZLE

Smash Master
What's the Infinite Ledge Chaingrab (did I get that right?)
Bare in mind this can ONLY be done on another King Dedede.
Maybe it can be done on those he already can standing infinite, but there would be no point to that since you can just do the infinite anywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom