• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Q&A Thread

TreK

Is "that guy"
is there a way to jump cancel upsmash out of a shield without doing grab when they're right next to you
Yup, but the way you do it changes if you play with or without tap jump

With ->
do not release R/L, hit up, hit A

Without ->
do not release R/L, hit up, hit X/Y, hit A

hippiedude92

Smash Hero

abhishekh

Smash Journeyman
only if you relatively new to smash, and to the character but luigi isnt def hard to pick up at first time but if your moderately well it should be worth checking this out.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=234103

sorry for late post btw
I've already read through that.

It was sort of useful, but compared to the other guides I've seen on other boards, it's extremely incomplete and unprofessional. Not sure how "professional" a guide for a children's fighting game is supposed to be anyway, so that really doesn't bother me. But it just mostly lacks content. Right now, I'm pretty much using bair the most and spacing with that to rack up damage, as well as using smashes and nair since most of them are really fast. Then killing with another smash or nair, or an Up-B if I can manage it.
Yeah, I'm not too good ><

zhao_guang

Smash Lord
NNID
zhaoguang1
I've already read through that.

It was sort of useful, but compared to the other guides I've seen on other boards, it's extremely incomplete and unprofessional. Not sure how "professional" a guide for a children's fighting game is supposed to be anyway, so that really doesn't bother me. But it just mostly lacks content. Right now, I'm pretty much using bair the most and spacing with that to rack up damage, as well as using smashes and nair since most of them are really fast. Then killing with another smash or nair, or an Up-B if I can manage it.
Yeah, I'm not too good ><
I'm unprofessional? :(

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
I keep hearing that Luigi has a advantage on ZSS, but I don't believe it until someone explains it to me...ZSS I think has a 55:45 against Luigi. Or 50:50, either works.

Magnumblade

Smash Journeyman
Exactly what's been added to Luigi's metagame since around January?

I've been away from Brawl for a while and I'm thinking of getting back into it, just wanna know if anything's changed.

HURRICANE REV

Smash Ace
all I can say about zss is that it's a bad matchup, a good zss will space the hell out of you. I don't use luigi for it.
I keep hearing that Luigi has a advantage on ZSS, but I don't believe it until someone explains it to me...ZSS I think has a 55:45 against Luigi. Or 50:50, either works.
I see. I knew it wasn't me :laugh:. Thanks alot guys for that.

zhao_guang

Smash Lord
NNID
zhaoguang1
Nuh, I meant that guide by hippie was.

It's ugly, and although the information provided was very useful, there wasn't enough D:

Oh and those yu-gi-oh card things are unfunny .-.
There wasn't enough? You're looking at the LUIGI boards. LUIGI.

He's not a very deep character whatsoever, pretty straightforward:

Get in, ****, kill.

TreK

Is "that guy"
I'm pretty sure ganon's is more powerful, but who knows
If we had this, it'd be on dtaunt, I've had an opponent survive a dair spike at 70% T_T

-Kiros-

Smash Journeyman
I started using this yesterday. Full walk to Dsmash. Full walk, Dsmash while holding forward. Luigi slides forward a nice distance while using Dsmash. Probably has been known for a while, but is this viable? I know that sliding Jab and Fireballs are used.

Ajna

Smash Apprentice
Edgeguarding with weegee

I apologize if this subject has already been brought up... and potentially beat to death...

But what is the best method of edge guarding with Luigi? Ive been lucky enough to catch a few unlucky friends with the kick taunt but I know there must be a superior, more reliable option.
If this subject is to big to answer/discuss in here, Im willing to start a thread.

Thank you for the help in advance!!

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
luigi is only good at camping against certain characters like ganon, ike, falcon, and few others. his camping isnt too terrible but it isnt certainly great due to how his fireballs have low priority and luigi can mostly hit and run people.

there isn't really a superior edgeguarding, only use edgeguarding tools for the situation calls for it, luigi can make a wall with his aerials, he can do a stage spike (mostly bair is better option imo) tornado stage spike, and few others

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
I apologize if this subject has already been brought up... and potentially beat to death...

But what is the best method of edge guarding with Luigi? Ive been lucky enough to catch a few unlucky friends with the kick taunt but I know there must be a superior, more reliable option.
If this subject is to big to answer/discuss in here, Im willing to start a thread.

Thank you for the help in advance!!
it really matters who you are facing. But for the majority of characters, its back air or down air or fireballs (in order to set up other stuff

CR4SH

Smash Lord
Against most characters, stay on the stage. The select few that you do want to chase though, setup gimps with fireballs. One jump to fireball spam is very difficult to get through. Once you hit with a fireball you can doublejump to an aerial. Dair is a good bet.

TreK

Is "that guy"
We have THE FAITH (clic)

I guess the least you use it the more sakurai loves you, kinda like gaw's side B ; even if it's supposedly 1 out of 8.

Alfa

Smash Apprentice
Is it known that, on Mushroomy Kingdom 1-1, on the small blocks that look like steps, certain attacks cancel on them? Some good examples of this are CF's Fsmash (cancels just after the hitbox comes out), Yoshi's Dtilt (cancels straightaway), and Luigi's Usmash (same as CF's). With Yoshi, any aerial can be performed instantaneously, and with Luigi, depending on you timing, you can either go straight into an aerial, or any other attack.

I'd create a more extensive thread on this in general discussion, but I no longer have access to a wii, so I'll stick with asking it here, since I discovered it with Luigi first, and there are probably other attacks this can be done with, and Luigi seems the most likely to be affected by this.

NNID
LilG912
luigi is only good at camping against certain characters like ganon, ike, falcon, and few others. his camping isnt too terrible but it isnt certainly great due to how his fireballs have low priority and luigi can mostly hit and run people.

there isn't really a superior edgeguarding, only use edgeguarding tools for the situation calls for it, luigi can make a wall with his aerials, he can do a stage spike (mostly bair is better option imo) tornado stage spike, and few others
Hmm ok thanks.

Ajna

Smash Apprentice
Is there a detailed thread with an outline or discussion about the metaknight matchup?

Top Bottom