• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Index

craiigg

Smash Lord
Official Smash Index

Playing Online

Most of the 64 community play online through Kaillera using Project64k or Mupen64k emulators

Myztek's Guide to playing online with Project64k

Mupen64k
Works on Vista, runs smoother and more "console" like than PJ64 however less common online and uses more memory resources

Project64kVE
Vista compatible version of PJ64k

P2P Kaillera client

Allows you to host games between 2 players through a Peer2Peer network, reduces lag considerably

Original Kaillera (Server Edition)
Popular servers include:

God Weapons - 72.5.152.70:27888
Fragbox - 64.151.85.211:27888
BIONIC - 88.159.182.232:30000

Important Threads

Wenbobular's thread of Advanced techniques
Possibly one of the more useful threads on this forum for the learning player.
This thread will describe the advanced techniques and terms, their names, and how to perform them.

The tier list discussion thread
This thread is for discussing everything to do with the tier list. If you don't agree with placements, post a message in here. If you'd like to post a message about what your idea of the tier list is, do it in here. For reference, the current tier list is:

Pikachu
Kirby
Ness*

High
Fox
Captain Falcon

Middle
Jigglypuff
Mario
Yoshi

Low
DK
Luigi

Bottom
Samus
Link

*Sometimes placed in high tier because of his easiest to intercept when coming back to the stage.

This is the commonly accepted list, and it's already been posted in a topic on this board also about tiers.
Informative Threads

Guide to Port Forwarding for P2P (by Superstar)
Superstar's guide to port forwarding your router. Some people just can't host P2P because their router does not allow the port Kaillera uses. You have this problem? Read up!!

The list of active online players
Old thread consisting of alot of online players, including their contact information,where they live and which servers they play on. Here for reference (Rarely updated thread but useful nonetheless)

The frame data of SSB64 (By AntD)
Specific frame data collected by AntD, consisting of attack lengths,shield duration and other little tidbits if you're looking for precise information

Directional influence - A summary (By AntD)
A very informative summary of Directional Influence, what types of DI there are, how to perform them (i.e. which is the best way to avoid certain attacks, edgeguards or combos) and also demonstation video footage

The Full Smash 64 Learning Curve (all the levels) (By Valoem)
Summary of the average learning curve of a smash player, the stages they go through and other discussion. Feel free to rank yourself!

The guide to Texture Editing (By BHLMRO)
Guide to creating new textures including the way the characters, stages and menus look using emulation and a new video plugin

Video Threads

Advanced Guide to Smash 64 by Smoke2Jointz
Really nice guide to the advanced techniques of Smash 64 by Captain BJ/Smoke2Jointz

AntD's Tool Assisted Videos
Large collection of TAS videos by AntD, showing new techniques, custom gameshark codes and very impressive combos.. some known impossible to do real-time. AntD is pushing smash 64 to it's limits

The Smash 64 Video archive (By Adi)
Old video archive of 1v1's, Team matches, FFA's and combo videos catagorized by character

Superstar

Smash Champion
Video archive should be updated methinks. Maybe a new thread. Also, old P2P > new P2P.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/c0qm4b

No dedicated server space, but does Kaillera and P2P, but it can't connect with new P2P. At least me, Surri, Daedatheus, Boom, Nixxon, and Agony have it I know. W/ New P2P, you have to constantly be switching between Kaillera and P2P.

Also, Wen hates that list. :p

craiigg

Smash Lord
I put the p2p and server kaillera up as seperate links only for reference.

i use the Nov edition of p2p, however linking directly to it would be a risky option. Thats why i used google searches :)

NixxxoN

Smash Master
I don't know whats up about that Project64kVE... I run Vista and normal PJ64k and it works well

Superstar

Smash Champion
Your advice was only to use the line tool and text tool to make the images professional. On the contrary, I was actually trying hard to make it NOT professional. Makes people pay more attention.

More readable though, is another story.

Superstar

Smash Champion
Humor makes anyone pay more attention. :p Or rather, makes it less mundane.

Readable though, is another story. Parts of it aren't readable and I can fix that.

NixxxoN

Smash Master
Maybe you should add the new "tier list alternative thread" to the index for a more advanced tier discussion?

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero

Readable though, is another story. Parts of it aren't readable and I can fix that.
You ignored the second part of my post :|

And its not humour...its annoying...IMO (ahah i win again i said IMO)

Note: If you read this, i am very sorry to tell you, but the signs point to the fact that, "you just lost the game" so sorry

Superstar

Smash Champion
It's not annoying, I like it IMO. HAHAHAHAHA I WIN.

Also:

That answered it.

The first image is bleh, but the second one is fine. In fact, if you look in the instructions, the images aren't even needed. They are just there for those who can't follow simple directions.

Superstar

Smash Champion
Yes. That's what the "Or rather, makes it less mundane" was addressing. Because they still will pay attention, so might as well make it less mundane.

Of course, I could argue that the images could be as sloppy as I want, they'll still pay attention, so there's no point.

Surri, you're just too serious. :p

Superstar

Smash Champion
Mupen, but I don't think it's capable of online play. Even if it was though, it'd be very hard to make it capable of playing Windows players decently.

For just pure offline play though, I think it's fine.

ShellFall

Smash Cadet
i think i might just have to get windows parallels for mac. i here its fast now and doesnt slow down the computer. maybe that will work?

Superstar

Smash Champion
There is a Mac version of Mupen, I meant. I don't mean to get Mupen64k and shove it on Mac.

Dunno if Crossover Games will work...I dunno.

And Shell, that's because the Parallel is running Windows, just loading it up from inside the Mac. :p Might as well dual boot. I think it'd work though.

ShellFall

Smash Cadet
aww aww Matt now dont say that. :) macs are far from stupid. infact id go all the way to say they are awesome. awesome. awesome. :)

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
Try to get a dirt cheap PC, or do that paralell thingy that sounds kind of cool and hard to do, maybe glitchy I dunno.

Either way you should be able to do something

some1rational

Smash Cadet
just wondering, how is mupen64 more console-like than project64? I have both and I can't tell the difference

also, anyone know how to get rid of the 'slim-shield' graphic glitch in mupen64? (where the sheild is thin/oblique rather than round)

D

Deleted member

just wondering, how is mupen64 more console-like than project64? I have both and I can't tell the difference

also, anyone know how to get rid of the 'slim-shield' graphic glitch in mupen64? (where the sheild is thin/oblique rather than round)

your graphics plug in is 3d7

you need 3d8

Top Bottom