• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Snake Q&A Area

Gnes

Smash Master
But thats what i mean, literally every diddy main i converse practices alot and are more discouraged from not seeing results from their practice than the scenario you envisioned where they don't practice and expect to **** and actually do lool. Like diddy is a chr. that you need to play constantly to keep your tech skill on point, idk why u believe diddy mains generally don't practice.

And i still don't see the basis to where this generalized statement comes from. As far as I know the only diddy's that **** are Me/adhd/Felix/Az (when he plays). 3 of these people i know play regularly and practice. Just wondering where this thought of yours came from.

etecoon

Smash Hero
few people I know, could just be my region. don't really see it as a diddy thing either, just the subject of conversation atm, I think most brawl players are quicker to complain about a MU than work on it. though I can be that way too, olimar can go drown in a sewer!

I probably also overstated my point, just gets tiring seeing people like choco and tibs come here all the time to complain

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
u mad? :troll:

You woulda had better luck using any other vid(s), even Ally vs. ADHD. x3 I was trying to troll Pnes some time ago in AiB Chat about losing to Razer, he told me Razer hadn't beaten him in a year(+?) cept` for once. It's not that Razer doesn't know the MU, Pnes just knows the Razer MU. And even in that vid what I say is shown. When Razer loses his 2nd stock he starts camping like a mofo and Pnes can't do anything, then he forces Pnes into a bad position and takes the stock. Then a bit into their last stock, Razer is still camping and then he gives Pnes some space and let's him take out naners, then he gets randomly monkey humped and he(Razer) loses his momentum.

idiot. :I
i use razer as an example purely because he is the top snake with the most diddy experience, and is logically the best and most familiar with how the matchup should be played. if you think camping benefited him, then why didn't he do it more often, instead of just at death percents or when in a bad position? he's more than capable of it; watch his sets with UTDzac if you want to see him camp hard for 8 minutes.

ally's sets with gnes are much more of the same; snake will almost always want to keep diddy from getting good control over two bananas. oh, and ask ally himself, cause he's commented on more than one occasion that nades aren't very useful against diddy.

i might be australian, but you just bad. can't argue with top players, unless you're suggesting you're better than them, or hiding secret video footage of a top snake successfully defeating a top diddy by camping his *** off. can't find one? didn't think so.

UltimateRazer

Smash Champion
u mad? :troll:

You woulda had better luck using any other vid(s), even Ally vs. ADHD. x3 I was trying to troll Pnes some time ago in AiB Chat about losing to Razer, he told me Razer hadn't beaten him in a year(+?) cept` for once. It's not that Razer doesn't know the MU, Pnes just knows the Razer MU. And even in that vid what I say is shown. When Razer loses his 2nd stock he starts camping like a mofo and Pnes can't do anything, then he forces Pnes into a bad position and takes the stock. Then a bit into their last stock, Razer is still camping and then he gives Pnes some space and let's him take out naners, then he gets randomly monkey humped and he(Razer) loses his momentum.

idiot. :I

Other way around. He hadn't beaten me for a year+ now we go back and forth but I've won the last two times.

ChocoNaner

Smash Journeyman
i use razer as an example purely because he is the top snake with the most diddy experience, and is logically the best and most familiar with how the matchup should be played. if you think camping benefited him, then why didn't he do it more often, instead of just at death percents or when in a bad position? he's more than capable of it; watch his sets with UTDzac if you want to see him camp hard for 8 minutes.

ally's sets with gnes are much more of the same; snake will almost always want to keep diddy from getting good control over two bananas. oh, and ask ally himself, cause he's commented on more than one occasion that nades aren't very useful against diddy.

i might be australian, but you just bad. can't argue with top players, unless you're suggesting you're better than them, or hiding secret video footage of a top snake successfully defeating a top diddy by camping his *** off. can't find one? didn't think so.
Since I phail @ multi-quoting I'll just answer in order. :I

Razer didn't camp because he wasn't in a position where it was more beneficial to him than if he was playing aggro or some other playstyle and because he knew camping at low % or when he was ina bad position wasn't going to work against Pnes. Then again you saying the bolded part was meant to counter any argument I had for that. And don't refer to a completely diff MU, since every char has their way of handling each MU. tl;dr Diddy was diff tools to fight Snake than G&W.

First sentence of the 2nd paragraph is "no derp" **** so I'ma skip that. Ally has said that because of exp., but then again I can say that if a Diddy knows what to do with/against nades then they become nearly useless, same if a char knows what to do with Diddy's naners or ZSS's armor pieces. It goes back to MU exp.

3rd paragraph is just BS. You're saying you're from AU, calling me bad, then claiming you're a top player/that I'm going against the word(s) of a top player. And ofc I'm not suggesting I'm better than the top players, then again there are players that are below that know things they might not. I had this discussion a week ago with my offline crew on why TKD ***** Tyrant, I told them that Tyrant wasn't punishing the lazers that well, some of them told me that I was claiming to be smarter than him, ofc not. Top players know a lot, but they don't know everything. Perfect example would be mike vs. ook @ MLG, mike didn't know he could Utilt out of cg'ing someone against a wall which probably would've won him the set.

Here's a vid of what happens when the Snake doesn't camp:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56xKWQDn0Ks

Here's a vid of what happens when the Snake does camp:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XddYTBwY9QU&feature=related

:I

Edit: Btw it's the same set.

UltimateRazer

Smash Champion
Ally also SD on that match. If you're down 2 stocks of course you have to approach.

Also look a snake being agressive and winning: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jKDWn6mV0fw&feature=related

Out right camping isn't gonna win you vs diddy. Camping is great but you still need to get inside and get damage and do things to the diddy. And I disagree with Ally. Grenades are useful even if the diddy knows how to use them

ChocoNaner

Smash Journeyman
That vid is a mix of camping and aggro. You used nades then followed up. <.<

I didn't mean complete camping, like ALL the snake does is camp. I kinda meant what you did in that vid but not as aggro. Ofc the Snake is going to approach, but I mean he can get some % in with nades if the Diddy doesn't know what to do, but can take % himself if the Diddy does know what to do, and if the Diddy does know he can still do something about it. :I

Attila_

BRoomer
That vid is a mix of camping and aggro. You used nades then followed up. <.<
using nades and following up? pretty sure that's not camping.

I didn't mean complete camping, like ALL the snake does is camp. I kinda meant what you did in that vid but not as aggro. Ofc the Snake is going to approach, but I mean he can get some % in with nades if the Diddy doesn't know what to do, but can take % himself if the Diddy does know what to do, and if the Diddy does know he can still do something about it. :I
if the diddy doesn't know what to do, that's his fault for being bad. and if he does, as you say, it's not going to work. razer is right on the money, and you sir, are not.

edit: nvm

theres a difference between camping and just using nades
That's a bold statement
true but.

ChocoNaner

Smash Journeyman
Stfu Nappy, nades were first meant and used for camping. Then Snakes got smarter and figured out that shielding dropped them and you could use them for offense. >:[

AU Snake, I'm not going to bother responding to anything you said as you didn't counter any **** that I said in my post before that one. You're trying to use Razer's argument as yor own. Fight your own battles *****. :I

Attila_

BRoomer
it all seemed pretty stupid, and ignored most of what i said, so i didn't feel the need. but if you'd like:

1: 'more beneficial to play aggro' doesn't make it sound like camping is the way to go.
2: derp is not an argument
3: read that again, cause i never said i was a top player.

that's pretty much everything.

and razer was the basis of my argument in the first place, since everyone assumes australians don't know anything. i argued that he knows the mu best, and since he doesnt camp against diddy, logically deems it to not be the best way of handling things. and then he came along and proved my point. but you didn't argue back against him cause he's awesome, even though he and i were essentially arguing the same thing.

Gnes

Smash Master
true but.
ur point? I said it's a bold statement, didn't say if I agreed or disagreed.

Razer isn't saying that camping won't win you against diddy, he's saying your not gonna win by JUST doing that. Your gonna have to fight at some point, choose the right times to be aggro, and other times to go defensive.

Attila_

BRoomer
Gnes, look at the context of an argument before you jump into it. This is what we were originally arguing about:

Diddy has NOTHING if you camp, granted you don't **** up and stand still so he gets a free monkey hump. It's really just that, camp until you get him into the air, then **** him up, he has nothing against your Bair or Nair.
Which isn't what you/razer/i am arguing. choco is the only one arguing this point here. you aren't arguing the same point him, bro.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
lol it's what happens when mild drama and a tangent get together and have a baby XD

depends on character, there's a lot of stuff some people can do, others are a little screwed.

imo overall your best bet is ledge jump since the most you'll get is the weaker hitbox of utilt at the top (and that's if he's being dumb and sitting really close to the ledge), but then he can mix it up and nair/bair/uair/lol you in some way.

Gnes

Smash Master
Gnes, look at the context of an argument before you jump into it. This is what we were originally arguing about:

Which isn't what you/razer/i am arguing. choco is the only one arguing this point here. you aren't arguing the same point him, bro.
Firstly, I was neither joining your side or his side of the argument, and idk what part of that post made u believe that I was. I was simply clarifying Razer's post(which is my firm belief as well)to you and Choco since one of you believes primarily that camping is the way to win, and the other is saying that it's not. Both of these aren't the correct answer.

napZzz

Smash Hero
lol tbh citrus you just gotta bait it and be careful, neutral getup is a good option if he's just waiting or a get up attack

Attila_

BRoomer
Thanks for nothing guys.
sorry, bad timing. are you using diddy in this situation? ledge hop fair works if he's close, if he's not, bait him to come closer, pull bananas out to cover the ledge and get him to act. watch the mindgames that top diddy's use on the ledge; he's actually pretty good there.

Firstly, I was neither joining your side or his side of the argument, and idk what part of that post made u believe that I was. I was simply clarifying Razer's post(which is my firm belief as well)to you and Choco since one of you believes primarily that camping is the way to win, and the other is saying that it's not. Both of these aren't the correct answer.
lol i'll take that then.

obviously camping can be appropriate, but my main point was that it doesn't **** diddy, or stop him from doing anything. naturally, keeping it fresh and changing playstyle throughout the match is always a good thing.

etecoon

Smash Hero
it looks and sounds like he gets C4'd while holding a grenade but I can't see snake pulling it or him picking it up at any point in the 4 seconds leading up to that wtf

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
Yeah plus the second explosion does about the same amount as another C4 iirc. Both explosions do 18%.

This is pretty cool if duplicable and it turns out you get both explosions if you wait until C4 is near it's expiration then pull it on someone (that's my theory as to what happened here). Super situational but some huge reward lol.

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
How do you guys combat being bored with Snake. I get so bored camping all the time with him and its making me not want to play him. Playing other characters doesn't help that much either. What do you do to spice up your Snake play. I feel like we're married and the sex isn't good anymore so it makes me wanna cheat but all I want is for it to be better lol

Calzorz

Smash Lord
diddy pretty much controls the speed of the fight if snake doesnt approach , we have to be agressive , and i suggest camping if you get the stock lead , trade hits / stay alive as long as u can and increase your lead ,a nana in snakes hand is really good as you can get a f tilt / d throw out of it and a d throw can lead to atleast 30%

I just want to get this straight.

In order to get frame by frame inputs of the game, all I have to do is find a way to hack brawl. To hack brawll all I need is a why to play the game on the wii, and an SD card to get homebrew and all the other stuff needed to play these hacks. I do not need to mod my wii or any other stuff like that.

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
Modding your wii = using SD Card to install Homebrew. I have no idea about frame testing though, perhaps there is a code that would let you do that, you have to ask the Smash Workshop people though.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
I just want to get this straight.

In order to get frame by frame inputs of the game, all I have to do is find a way to hack brawl. To hack brawll all I need is a why to play the game on the wii, and an SD card to get homebrew and all the other stuff needed to play these hacks. I do not need to mod my wii or any other stuff like that.
I has teh codes + a tutorial on installing HB for anything but 4.2 onward :3

PM me if you want to do some testing n' such.

Attila_

BRoomer
baawww more love <3

dunno how it's caused, but i've definitely seen it before. i suppose the part of the mortar that would normally explode doesn't hit the platform, and is disallowed from doing so by parts that don't set it off... i dunno lol

Do not forget, edit posts instead of double posting.
Oh And some1 please tell me what u mean by teching the c4 into the stage..
That does not quiet sound right... I think whoever said that meant C4 teching. Where you blow yourself up below stage level, then you DI the explosion into the stage and tech it.

Edit: About the mindgame thing, I am not even really sure what a mindgame is. People use that term all over the place and to me it has come to me a lot of different things. I think the simplest things you can do for sure are some tactics that attempt to bait people into do certain things by limiting options. For example, say someone is recovering high. You can attempt to full hop towards them in the effort to lure out into some sort of aerial/airdodge. But you FF just before they get in range, so that way if they do do something you could 2nd jump Bair/Uair them.

Another sort of baiting method is rushing upto someone with spotdodge/shield/roll.

Top Bottom