• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OFFICIAL Sonic thread. (Keep it Brawl related, or suffer Xsy's/Xii's wrath!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jim Morrison

Smash Authority
FU, you think tournaments/offline people just fall out of the sky. I could send you replays of me fighting CPU's, but we know that's just utter fail.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Hiya Vyse, how are you doin' tonight?

Was the staying on-topic sentence directed at me? Wather it does or doesn't remains quite valid regardless.

As for visual guides of his playstyle, if you give me 20 minutes (max), I could probably link you to some videos that come close... for I don't really think there is one video dedicated to all of his playstyles because Sonic is really only limited by the player playing the certain playstyle with him.

Oh, and just before I posted this, I noticed you made that about an hour ago, so I have all the time to look for the vids... still, I'll do my best to find something. :p

Edit: Okay here we go.

First vid:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1QMRTsGfy0c

Not really a playstyle vid, but it does cover some of the tricks you can use...

Second video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQ34M-Bdo6k

Ah, the classic answer to "what is the difference between Side-B and Down-B?" question... but in video form! Again not a playstyle guide but dear god is this helpful for people who just aren't the reading type... This is becoming harder than I had presumed...

Third vid:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yxwf3VDtQJs&feature=related

This was mroeorless covered in the second video already, but I guess if you want to get really technical, you could watch this.

Fourth vid:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2XPazo3otHo&feature=related

Basically what it is... how do you shot spin? Doesn't explain how to do it, but the easiest method if you don't already know would be to simply use Side-B and slide your finger down on the C-Stick down on the Gamecube controller (still no playstyle guides... I really am begining to think Sonic is all techs now...).

Fifth vid:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=heEflKvN6ts&feature=related

We're breaking Diddy Kong here! :p

Sixth vid:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3srs9kXtBv8&feature=related

This is the greatest Sonic tech vid you'll ever find... like seriously.

/joking

I give up, I really could not find any one vid on Youtube dedicated to explain Sonic's playstyles... you either have it or you don't. Take for example CiTH (thecatinthehat), he probably has the most techiest (is that a word) and fastest Sonic you'll see (maybe that only applies to Lag-Fi, but I don't recall him calling his plasytyle out in offline matches), Tenki would be the most patient Sonic out there if not just a mix of everything (again, this might only apply to Lag-Fi, seeing as how he only went to two in-person tourneys). Finally for another example, you can look at me and I'll be one of the more passive/aggresive Sonics... and probably one of the most simple playstyle that still works in teh competitive scene... to an extent... GAH!
Sorry I didn't stick around.

No no, nothing was directed at anyone in particular.
On the other hand, that's an amazing effort. Thanks for linking me everything you did!
:)

thecatinthehat

Smash Master
He deleted a recent post. In it, he said "Why is this thread still here? It's over three years old".

Then he locked the thread.

hmmmm

:093:

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
On topic, is it me or is Uair really disjointed/have a larger hitbox than it first seems?
:sonic: YOU'RE TOO SLOW! :sonic:

We've been discussing and exploiting Uair for like the past few weeks and we have DJB's frame data on how broken it is...I've also preached how it's the most amazing move evar.

<3

Oh, and this place is dead...it's given me time to do REAL LIFE stuff. It's crazy!

thecatinthehat

Smash Master
So you're an U-air *****.

Boxob's a B-air *****.

I've been playing Tenki lately. He looooves nair. N-air *****.

I'm a spring *****.

yeah I'm too lazy to go on..

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
It's funny, I've actually been using Bair a lot more often.

Hmm...

But yeah, I still have an immense love for Uair <3

B_AWAL

Smash Master
I won the 1st low tier tourney I was ever in :-) I hope it improves the stats of Sonic in the future! The tourney also had Fox, Ike, Bowser and Sheik as well!!! I unfortunately got 2nd in the team tourney (Sonic = owns in teams) but I lost to 2 of my own crew members so I was happy. I forfeited a match in the singles tourney so my friend could advance in winners(I always beat him anyways and I already won money that day XD)
It's all thanx to vids and comments from people in this thread XD

B_AWAL

Smash Master

We've been discussing and exploiting Uair for like the past few weeks and we have DJB's frame data on how broken it is...I've also preached how it's the most amazing move evar.

<3

Oh, and this place is dead...it's given me time to do REAL LIFE stuff. It's crazy!

F'ing awesome!!!

And Uair is ur 2nd best friend aside from the spinball :-)

ROOOOY!

Smash Master
NNID
Gengite
3DS FC
5456-0280-5804
Of course they'll make another SSB. Nintendo like being terminally unimaginative and milking franchises like that. **** Nintendo, and game companies in general. If I could make a game, it'd be about a robot alien riding bareback on a mammoth with a crossbow that shoots pterodactyls. It's not hard to make a game that sounds slightly interesting.

My favourite Sonic moves are nair, dtilt, and utilt.
Yoursies?

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Roy... you should go buy Warcraft III and mess with the world editor, you sound like the type of guy who could make fun custom maps. Seriously.

Mah favorite Sawnik moof iz Side-Taunt.

You're all too slow for not thinking of that. :sonic:

MarKO X

Smash Champion
NNID
legendnumberM
3DS FC
2595-2072-2390
Switch FC
My fav Sonic moves are:

uair: this move is sick.
bair: this move is also sick.
jab jab kick: it's so Sonic.
dsmash: don't ask.
downB: Genesis.
Side taunt: nuff said.

thecatinthehat

Smash Master
Spinshot
Spring
Shield Cancel
Bair
SDR

I'm pretty sure I can make it through a whole match with using just these 5 actions. Dash and Jump not included of course.

JayBee

Smash Champion
NNID
jamesbrownjrva
My fav Sonic moves are:

uair: this move is sick.
bair: this move is also sick.
jab jab kick: it's so Sonic.
dsmash: don't ask.
downB: Genesis.
Side taunt: nuff said.
from now on, when I do something sick with sonic in brawl, Ima shout out "GENESIS!"
when I face a metaknight, Ima shout "LEEEEROOOOOOOOOY JEEEENNNKIIIIIIIIIINNSSSS!!!"

RenegadeRaven

Smash Ace
Dash attack is too pro <3 lol at DA juggles
Grab = win
Dtilt
Spring

Seriously, not sure what your opponent's gonna do?
Dash attack.
Time it to where you're just behind them as it ends.
They sidestep?
You either hit them with the very last hit or you get a grab/ftilt/dtilt.
They shield?
Then they might let go to try and punish.
If they let go too early they get hit anyway.

Lol at me not knowing what I'm talking about.

Tenki

Smash Hero
lol.

why would they let go too early ;.;

anyway, if they release as soon as you make contact (especially with a forward-tilted shield), they can either F-tilt you out of shield or turn around and grab.

Metaknight can even D-smash out of shield and hit dash attack.

Browny

Smash Hater
Lol tenki... you really need to stop assuming everyone Sonic is against in mathcups has super-human reaction times.

Tenki

Smash Hero
^ yeah.

well, the other way around.

I think by the time you get done fighting like 2 Metaknights, your OoS stats go caffeinemode. Like "OH HE HIT ME- UNSHIELD, TILT, GOGOGO"

lol

JayBee

Smash Champion
NNID
jamesbrownjrva
un fortunately this is true. a scrub in brawl can mask this well with the pickage of metaknight. superhuman reflexes aren't needed to spam dsmash, tornado, and shuttle loop. just ask aposl. (lol i know u dont play him seriously...)

i had like 3 red bulls this weekend because of brawl. please dont talk about caffine for a whie... :( :( :(

Tenki

Smash Hero
Lol tenki... you really need to stop assuming everyone Sonic is against in mathcups has super-human reaction times.
:laugh:

it really isn't that hard.

If I can do it on prediction online, you bet it's doable offline.

besides, I'm just spurring the things to be wary about when you go against someone who knows the matchup at an above-average level in experience/skill.

also, I have been MK D-smashed out of my Dash Attack online.

@__@;

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Super-Human reflexes help and are probably a logical weapon to use in your arguements seeing as how most tourney goers have a reaction time of 6 frames... add adrenaline to that recipe and you get 3 frame reactions.

RenegadeRaven

Smash Ace
I don't even know if what I said works. I pulled it outta my *** right now.

Still love dash attack though.
I can spam it at most 3 times in a row at low percents
I'd do it once.
Then they'd pop up.
They usually don't expect a second right before they land.
Then for the 3rd I'd let Sonic go into his 'grind' animation and wait for the airdodge/attack, then punish.

Since I don't get to play my friends too often, they always forget. xD

Browny

Smash Hater
i hope youre not serious about thinking any human can react that fast kinzer. there is a limit to the speed in which electricial signals are sent in the body lol...

Vorguen

Smash Champion
I just noticed how the Sonic forums have 70,000+ posts in comparison to most other boards 20-30,000

Wow. I also noticed that many Sonics seem to have (banned) written all over the place, leading me to jump to a few conclusions lol.

Just out of curiosity, how do you guys still post if you guys are labeled as banned?

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
i hope youre not serious about thinking any human can react that fast kinzer. there is a limit to the speed in which electricial signals are sent in the body lol...
I've only seen that somewhere on the forum. I think the reactions come from prediction, which give the illusion that people have control over teh fight when really they're just one step ahead in their head.

I just noticed how the Sonic forums have 70,000+ posts in comparison to most other boards 20-30,000

Wow. I also noticed that many Sonics seem to have (banned) written all over the place, leading me to jump to a few conclusions lol.

Just out of curiosity, how do you guys still post if you guys are labeled as banned?
Most of those posts are not really valid. If you removed all the junk here, you would only get 25k posts at most. That's the intellectual discussion I mean.

BTW the banned thing is just an avatar to fool people. We're not really banned except for one person.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom