• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Official SSB4 Discussion] --- Nintendo announces 2 new Smash games!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spire

III
BRoomer
I'm not saying that, I'm saying that Krystal and Isaac deserve to be in, because of their potential. And other characters would be better because Falco isn't very known. Fine, I'll use Deoxys as an example. Or maybe even Ridley.

I don't like characters who are the same people. Link is in, why should there be a cel-shaded version of him?
While Toon Link is technically the "same" as Link, they are in fact two entirely different people - living in parallel timelines. If Toon Link had an entirely different moveset, I would be perfectly fine with his inclusion, but even with Young Link in melee was I upset.

I would never, ever want to see Paper Mario or Baby Mario appear in Smash Bros, especially the latter. I hate Baby Mario's existence with every fiber of my being. He, and the other baby versions of Mario characters are worthless and entirely unnecessary. Kamek is the only other "Yoshi's Island" candidate worth being in.

Sygmus

Smash Cadet
I want to see alt characters for PT. I would have LOVED to see Blue (AKA Gary). And Green is pretty hawt.

Tripping and footstool jumping taken out. Bring back L-cancelling. Don't bring back wavedashing. Make it less easy to instantly grab the edge.

As for new characters: Dixie Kong, Mega Man, Geno, Mallow, Kalas and Gibari from Baten Kaitos (Kalas could be another winged character), Lip, Paula and Poo from Earthbound, Toon Zelda/Tetra, Knuckles, Amy Rose, and Krystal.

I don't see why we need Animal Crossing characters. What's the villiger going to do, whack people with a shovel? And what on Earth does Tom Nook do? Say "yes?" and "hmm?" a lot. There's a LOT of potential there.

Xane

Smash Journeyman
NNID
XaneFeather
3DS FC
3866-8124-2065
@Spire III: Even when I disagree with some of your choices.. nice quality.

Besides the obvious (More characters, stages etc) a better Stage Builder and lagless online (Even when I haven't played Brawl yet, hope it's less laggy in Europe xD).
And being a less flamed game~

Jo3y

Smash Cadet
1. Be named Super smash bro's kinky (suprise!) butsecs!

2. feature RAIDEN as a playable character!

3. Controlled Solely by the Wii Nun chuck!

4. Comes with cure for HIV/AIDS and cancer!

5. Includes a super sweet awesome character creation option... with 5 different options!!! (Mario, Luigi, Kirby, Donkey Kong, Samoose)

6. Can cook instant noodles... FASTER THAN INSTANTLY!?!?!!

7. ????

8. Nintendo makes Profit!!!

TheZizz

Smash Journeyman
Make the obvious changes regarding (semi-)clones and tripping, add obvious characters (Knuckles, Black Knight, etc.), add Bald Bull and a few surprise characters that no one would ever think of, improve the online mode in obvious ways and allow multiple players on the same Wii in all online modes, or at least in Team Battle, then ship the improved game free of charge to everyone who sends in their Brawl registration code (the one inside the case).

After this is done, leave the Smash series to rest.

Sariku

Smash Master
Well for starters, I hope that SSB4 goes through extensive testing, more so than SSBB, because so many obvious glitches and flaws made their way to retail. Chain grabs, laser locks, infinites, boost smashing, all of these are just plain dumb and really kill the balance of the game.
Chain grabs are completely legal...
And you are a Falco main saying this >.>

JusticeWillPrevail

Smash Cadet
Keep the game more like brawl's engine but no tripping, and hitstun. L canceling and wavedashing would be nice too but i dunno if they'd ever put em back in. As for characters my top wanted one is Claus.

Golem the Stern Father

Smash Champion
TyfighterLAND. Location#2: Illinois? Yeah.
-If on the Wii, the new Smash would have a seperate channel, like Mario Kart Wii.
-Apply the Matchmaking feature on SSB4 for Wifi.
-Less lag on Wifi. (obvious)
-Name: Super Smash Bros Clash
-Ganondorf with a new B moveset (tweaking Ganon's A moves wouldn't be bad as well, they all suck now)
-Decrease the bar from chars that have sooooo much power to those who have none. (Ike to Jiggly)
-Replace Pit with Issac
-Replace Lucario with Mewtwo
-Replace Ice Climbers with Plusle and Minun (yes, I support this)
-Replace R.O.B. with a more deserving char (AKA anyone)
-Do not add Balloon fighter to the roster
-3rd party characters are not a priority, but bring back the concept

More later : )

Pabs

Smash Cadet
Chain grabs are completely legal...
And you are a Falco main saying this >.>
I'm saying it because I main him. I don't abuse chain grabs at all, but the fact that I have the option to rack up a free 60% is just silly. I'd understand if it was like hard to do, or the planets and the moon would have to be aligned to be able to use it, but it's just a matter of shield grabbing. Needs to be fixed.

And legal doesn't mean it isn't cheap, it just means that someone thinks it isn't unbalanced enough to ban outright, which is ridiculous when you take certain characters like ice climbers into consideration.

Devil7

Smash Journeyman
On the edge of Final Destination waiting to kill y
The stage builder needs more backgrounds and building options like the ability to make moving levels.

they need to replace all the removed characters and add crystal, sonic characters, z-fero characters, no more POKEMON, Dark samus and the bounty hunters from metroid prime hunters and 3. Daisy, waluigi, King K Rule, and fierce diety link. Also freakin make grey fox playable. I wish ridley was playable but he seems to big to me but it still would be cool.

Vro

Smash Lord
Falco? Ice Climbers? Who are they?
Are you 5? You're joking, right?

As far as SSB4 goes, I don't want a larger roster. Well, not that much larger. Marvel vs Capcom has many characters, of which balancing was terrible. The more characters in the roster, the more impersonal it kinda feels. But I guess it'd be nice if everyone was balanced enough to always see different players.

I want online patches the most. New stage installments, new characters everyone once in a while, balancing, etc.

Grunt

Smash Master
how do you know there will be a ssb4?
the posters here said "the brawl to end them all".

?????????????????

D

Deleted member

Bring back all the veterans and replace no characters.

Proper alternative costumes. "Fusion Suit Samus" is blasphemous.

ACTUAL downloadable content after the game has been released.

Trophies that actualy make people sit up and remember the good old times, not the most recent game in their Wii. (Where be ma Ralph?)

FAN INPUT FROM AROUND THE GLOBE. What the hell was this "Japan only" poll? They only decided one character from it! (What's the point anyway, anyone not from America or Japan will never have a say...:()

hippochinfat!!

Smash Lord
In adventure mode the Stawolf team comes in at the end just in the nick of time and they say "Can't let you do that"

Oh and maybe Falcon is on one of the Wolfens and he's all like "NYEEAH...FALCON PUNCH!"

Benjamin Linus

Smash Apprentice
i believe that for the fourth installment of the smash brothers series, sakurai's key objective should be to improve upon the games skill factor. i hate to bring up the bad blood of the melee v brawl arguements but i agree that the change from melee to brawl did damage to the competitiveness of the game. HOWEVER, i do not think brawl is a bad game. there were quite a few changes that mad brawl fun, new and fresh. i believe to get the best result a mixture of both games would be the answer.

From the Melee side:
what i loved most about melee was not only the speed and fast paced comboing but also the physics. In melee there were about 4 different levels of character weight/fall speed. This created a variety of options interms of attacking, punishing or using the characters. In brawl everyones fall speed is around the same. with the varied fallspeed/weight it would continue to provide many options and situations keeping the game fun and interesting. Also melee was wonderful for its choice to give the players alot of character control. in melee you could choose which way to air dodge, you could choose when to fast fall your attacks both of which clearly played a big impact on brawl. im not bashing brawl for this feature because i think sakurai made this change in an attempt to make the game slightly more realistic. it was a good try but in a game like smash realism is not necessary. Apart from that i think most of the glitches known as wavedashing and lcanceling should be brought back as well. they gave the players several different approach styles and mix-ups making the game more in-depth.

For Brawl:
What i love about Brawls new features is characters and stages. Brawl features a wonderous amount of characters and stages which offer players a large variety or options on who to play and where to play. Physics wise im not sure what i would want to keep from brawl. i believe that some of the characters benefitted from the change in physics while others did not. This specific call would be the developers decision and his alone. what i also loved about brawl were some of the character specific skills. i think samus's and and the other tether characters "z-air" was an innovative and interesting addition to the gameplay. i also love the addition of hugging and or Instant edgehogging. some of the technical aspects warded off players because the skills were very difficult to perform. This may take away from some skill of the game but it will also keep a large amount of players interested. i believe instant edgegrabbing should be removed because it allowed players to be careless with their recovering. if your going to make it hard to edgegaurd because of characters floatiness you shouldn't also make it a piece of cake to grab the ledge. And last but not least Tripping and air tripping should certainly be removed due to the fact that i see no reason for it to be in besides comic relief which has no place in a competitive game.

I understand that brawl was not meant to be a competitive game and in fact neither was melee. however if i had my way i wish SSB4 was geared towards the competitive players. if some of my wishes contradict each other please inform me and i will either clarify or ratify my statement.

-Linko-

Smash Journeyman
Make sure that Sakurai doesn't design it.

Sirlin should design it... just imagine the lulz. xD

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Yay SSB4! I won't be looking forward to it so much, though. I think Brawl killed the series for me. :(

Anyways, I hope Isaac is in.

D

Deleted member

SSB4 Ideas... Even though it's WAYYYYY to early.

Online: Obvious lag fixes... Matchmaking, Rankings, tournaments, chatting, etc.

Characters:

Mario
Luigi
DK
Peach
Yoshi
Link
Wario
Pokemon Trainer
Pikachu
Meta Knight
Sonic
Diddy
Ness
Lucas
Snake
Fox
Wolf : )
Kirby
Bowser
Zelda/Sheik
Samus
CFalcon
Game and Watch
Marth
DDD
Pit...
Olimar
Falco
Ganondorf

ADD:
Megaman
Bomberman
MAYBE Ridley

MAYBE Take out:

Ice Climbers (?)
Lucario... (Random Pokemon... they already have 4 pokemon and the pokeball item)
Jigglypuff
R.O.B. (honestly who the heck is this? (Don't answer that.))
Toon Link (or change his moveset drastically)

Include a new Story Mode

Add a create-a-player thing if possible.

(I might detail this later...)

fouxs2

Smash Cadet
I dunno if this bard isstillalive but...

-Tripping stil in, but instead of being random, whenever you mash buttons to initiate an attack during the lag of another attack, your character has the chance of tripping (more like flopping the attack). This will remove button mashing altogether (trust me, it exists).

- Better stage builder and Online, the next smash bros should have "clash rooms" where you enter if there's enough space for you in the battle and you can read what stage is chosen, what items... and whatnot.

-A counter system. Press the grab button when an attack connects with you to counter. It does NO DAMAGE, just pushes your enemy away. You can only counter physical moves. This will enable smash to return to it's combo heavy nature without "OMG OVERPOWERED COMBOS OF DEATH" and not make projectiles useless.

-More third parties. Many people say if they added more than Snake and Sonic, tey woudn't buy Smash. Their loss, we're not asking for half the roster to be third parties, we just want more of them.

-An original smash character, ONLY ONE. He'd have the texture of the wireframes, with armor parts from the alloy team, and his moves you be moves from Tabuu and Master Hand. We can finally know how it would be to fight as them without needing hacking devices and stuff (:D)

-A bit more hitstun would be nice. I'm not asking for the same amount as 64, but Brawl is just... Too little...

-They added gliding, swimming, and crouching. WORK MORE ON THAT! Barely any character can glide and it'sjust too cmplicated for a "non competitive game for players f any skill level", it's not hard right now, it's just too tricky. Crouching should be faster so it's an actual approach, not a nice trick. Wall jumps NEED to be longer like in Melee, they barely move you now.

Yup, "that's it".

nightSN

Smash Ace
i got an idea for the final smashes, have like 4 final smashes. this way you can use different final smashes for different situations, they will be activated by dirctional special.

DekuBoy

Smash Lord
Okay here's my big fat gamebreaking idea:

Up to six players. This would mean plenty of tweaking to stages but it would be cool to see everyone playing.

Other ideas:

Ridley
Sukapon
Krystal
Ray Mk
Bowser Jr
Tom Nook
K.Rool
Bomberman
Skull Kid
Sigurd
Ninten
Chibi Robo
Diskun
Lip
Stafy
Isaac
Balloon Fighter
DeMille
Tamagon

Dats my newcomers.

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
I hope the next smash game is more like melee, but with all the cool features of brawl like stage editing..

And if they can manage it, a character creator would be sick, not that I see it happening due to being complicated but if you could choose from a list of fairs bairs uair fsmashs etc animations and modify hitboxes and priority and the type of knockback and customize the character with clothes and hairstyle, weapons, etc, that would be awesome.. not tournament legal obviously but nice for friendlies if you didnt make some gay overpowered character and had some decency in creating your character

Bli33ard

Smash Journeyman
Well if they had a character creator, there should be about ten attributes that go up to 10 pts each, and you get 50 points to spread over them.

PiSToLZ

Smash Lord
Mains- Lucario, Falco, and Meta Knight Seconda
Support Blooper for SSB4!

STATS
Size-2
Weight-3
Power-2.5
Speed-3
Fall Speed-2

MOVESET
A-Tentacle slap-3%
AA-Other tentacle-4%
AAA-Ink-7%
Dash A-Blooper falls on his face at twice his running speed-10%

Forward tilt-Long ranged tentacle hit
up tilt-rising headbutt-8%
down tilt-360 spinning tentacles around-6%

Nair-360-4%
Fair-spin forward(like sonic's fair on drugs)-8%
Uair-Ink fountain up-6%
Bair-tentacle-2%
Dair-Tentacle swung downwards(spikes)-10%

F-smash-Headbutt-5-22%
Up-smash-Tentacle swipe up-3-18%
Down smash- ink at the ground in front of you-5-19%

Standard Special-(Ink Spew) You can charge this up. Once fully charged Blooper spews ink automatically. The longer you charge it the faster and more ink he spews.
Damage:5-20

Forward Special:Tentacle slap-blooper slaps down his tentacle in front of him. Very little startup lag.
Damage:14

Down special:spark-Electricity appears around blooper. Blooper does have electric abilities(look it up on wiki if you disagree)you can charge this move for more electricity.
Damage:7-19%

Up special:ink jet-blooper jets himself upward with ink damaging anyone in his path.You can charge it and control its trajectory.
Damage:7

Final smash-Blooper floods the stage with water. With the stage submerged, everyone must swim. They do not have high speeds when swimming. In the water are 10 to 20 bloopers that swim at high speeds attacking opponents. they give high knockback and about 15 damage each.
this is acually really good i can imagine this. Blooper for ssb4

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Yay an SSB4 discussion thread! This is what I miss most on these boards! Teh speculation!

Alright, I've got some ideas:

Better Online - duh. No to very little lag, options to do 1v1s, options to pick stock, and a random stage selector (Like the one in Mario Kart Online, where it displays the stages chosen by everyone, and randomly picks one)

Returning Characters

Mario

Mario
Luigi
Peach
Bowser

Donkey Kong

Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong

Yoshi

Yoshi! (And make him better **** it!)

WarioWare

Wario

Legend of Zelda

Link (Keep the TP look if possible, it looks fantastic, also needs to be better, poor Link)

Zelda/Shiek (also keep the TP looks)

Ganon (Please...PLEASE SOMEONE send Sakurai a letter DEMANDING a Sword based Moveset...if Falco can be decloned, Ganon can.)

Toon Link (Yep, he should stay, maybe a different moveset though)

Metroid

Samus
Zamus

Retro

Pit
G&W
R.O.B
IC's (As much as I DONT LIKE THEM, they'll be back)

Pikmin

Olimar (Also, hopefully he will have whatever new Pikmin are introduced with Pikmin 3)

Kirby

Kirby
Meta Knight
Dedede

Star Fox

Fox
Falco
Wolf

(yeah, I listed all 3, theyre different enough, and who doesnt love them?)

F-Zero

Captain Falcon (the REAL one)

Pokemon

Pikachu
Pokemon Trainer (Same Pokemon)
Lucario (Lucario is very unique, as well as somewhat popular. He's much more likeable than Pichu was, so this 4th Gen rep needs to stay)

Fire Emblem

Marth
Ike

Mother

Ness
Lucas

please, without the CG exploit

Third - Party

Snake
Sonic

-------------

Yes, I left Jiggs out, because I think Jigg's time is up, but I'm most likely wrong

--------------

Newcomers

Mario

Bowser Jr.
Dr. Mario (with the release of another Dr. Mario game (WiiWare) you never know)

Donkey Kong

Funky Kong (Lets look at the R.O.B. thing with Mario Kart...dont believe me? Youre fooling yourself, not only did Nintendo put him in Mario Kart, he was the only other playable besides DK and Diddy in Donkey Konga 3 (released in Japan), so theres obviously favoritism here)

King K. Rool Come on now, DK is TOTALLY deserving of 4 reps, having released more games than Kirby, and Starfox combined. Either way, K. Rool would make a great character, with SUCH moveset potential.... Hopefully, he'll be able to deal with the obvious Funky-favoritism (Not that I dislike Funky, I think they'll both get in)

They could also add Dixie, but I've got no idea what kind of moveset they could give her...seriously, I've got no idea.

Legend of Zelda

This all really depends on the theme of the next Zelda game, as, aside from the big 3, that will determine who gets in.

I'd LIKE TO SEE

Midna and Wolf Link - great moveset potential

Mask Link (HIGHLY UNLIKELY, but I think it was an AWESOME idea. 4 forms, and fierce diety as a final smash? aw yeah!!)

Retro

I'd be pretty cool with

Takamaru - Cmon, they got his music, so they havent forgotten about him

Metroid

Ridley..........

Nothing else needs to be put here.... Ridley...Meta Ridley alt....

(Actually, I can all but guarantee this, because after the Nintendo Power interview with Sakurai, he is now greatly aware that the fans REALLY wanted Ridley to be playable.)

Yoshi

Kamek - This idea was pretty good too, Kamek was a major part of most if not all Yoshi games.

Kirby

Nope, were good here

Wario

Cant picture anybody but Wario to be honest

Starfox

Nope. We got the main protagonist, the protagonist's Luigi-figure, and the anti-hero.

Were good here too. Krystal brought doom to the series.

Pikmin

Er... I dunno, Louie perhaps

Or, if theres a major protagonist that DIFFERS from Olimar in Pikmin 3, I'll vote for whoever they are.

F-Zero

Samurai Goroh. Please.

Black Shadow - Somebody needs to keep Ganon's old moveset, and who better than Black Shadow?

Pokemon

Mewtwo - I dont care if he's an alt for Lucario or not. He'd also be good as a seperate character, he's VERY different from Lucario. He just needs to be drastically improved.

Fire Emblem

Michaiah - More magic users please.

Black Knight - He just seems like he'd be fun to me

Mother

Claus - He'd be a great character as well... Please let him join Smash...

Mii

Mii - I actually think this isnt a bad idea now

MGS

Raiden? He looks like such a badass in MGS4... wow..

Sonic

Knuckles

Maybe Shadow as a clone

Other Third Party

Bomberman

(I never really played any Megaman games, so he doesnt really appeal to me)

And..by some MAGICAL CHANCE, Banjo & Kazooie... I'd take them over K. ROOL **** it!!

Ah wait, other series..

Golden Sun

Isaac. duh

Sin and Punishment

Saki - I'm not the only one who thinks he's not only awesome, be a great character as well, right?

Thats it for the roster.

As far as other features

Story mode that doesnt use original enemies, but uses enemies from Nintendo's past

-Octoroks
-ReDead
-Metroids
-Ekans (Or any other Pokemon)
-Deku Schrubs

(Agh, they had such potential here, and moderately blew it...)

Stages

Gangplank Galleon!!
Retro Bowser's Castle - Come on, fighting on the bridge, avoiding 2-d bowser fireballs, breaking the bridge, lava, etc. etc., race to the axe...aw man, that'd be so great..)

Golden Sun Lighthouse
Rainbow Road
K. Rool's Kopter (DKC2, that'd be a great flat stage)

and more I cant think of right now

Anyway, these are my current ideas.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
In SSB4 the two third party characters I would like to see

Shadow
Rayman

Also I don't know if this is the right place to post it, but in the discussion between Sakurai and Iwata there was a part that implied that there may not be a SSB4. The link to that part of the discussion is http://us.wii.com/iwata_asks/ssbb/vol2_page1.jsp .
He says "They tried to design it LIKE it was the last in the series, just like they did with it's PREDECESOR (Melee), so dont worry.

Besides, even if Sakurai doesnt design the next Smash ( I think he will), we'll be getting one anyway, as Nintendo did a poll asking if another Smash bros. was wanted, and of course, the results were in the "YES" direction.

yeah, Smash 4 will happen, count on it.

Roymyboy284

Smash Journeyman
If he can redeem himself by the time SSB4 comes out, I'd like to see Shadow in the game. I think he'd be fun to play as.

Ørion

Smash Ace
metalmonstar said:
I was thinking that Smash balls would be turned into specials. You would build up your special meter based on rewards for certain actions. Teching the ground, wall teching, meteor cancelling, power sheilding, spot dodging an attack. Maybe makes this feature able to be turned off. I think it would add a different dimension to the game. You could no longer spam because your opponent could build up their special. You would have to play a more cautious and less noobish game.
I like this idea of using techs to build it up, it would be great. I dont know about spot dodging though, it's a little to easy.

First and foremost, either get Sakurai off or have him have a competetive advisor. Tripping needs to die, it would be nice to have auto L cancelling and wavedashing back.

Wolf link would be cool, or maybe the link could switch back and forth the way shiek and zelda can.

A better stage editor with more control and stage events would be awesome.

And lastly, better online. Less lag, rankings, matching people with similar skill levels, changing the free for all items that you have to do, not stick a computer in if you don't get enough people, and voice chat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom