• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Official SSB4 Discussion] --- Nintendo announces 2 new Smash games!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SmashBrosMike

Smash Ace
Crap yes. If I have to unlock Luigi one more time I'm gonna kill someone.
This is my opinion, but I think Luigi should stay as an unlockable. After all he was one of the 4 unlockables in the first smash game. So I would like it if he was stayed like that.

That is my own opinion. You guys can think what you want anyway, but that is just my thought.

And what is wrong with Luigi be unlockable all the time?

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
Each series should have at least one main character and one villain unlocked at the start.
Luigi deserves a game were he is in the starting roster.
For the Ouendan character I mean the one with the brown hair (correct me if I'm wrong lol) and red headband.
I would have suggested Elite Beat Agents, but they are Western only, and Smash Bros. is made in Japan. They'd work as a costume though I guess.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
This is my opinion, but I think Luigi should stay as an unlockable. After all he was one of the 4 unlockables in the first smash game. So I would like it if he was stayed like that.
So were Captain Falcon and Ness, yet they were in the starting roster of Melee.

And what is wrong with Luigi be unlockable all the time?
Because I expect Luigi (and Jigglypuff, Ness and C. Falcon) to be unlockable. I want to unlock something surprising, not someone who has been unlockable for the past 10 years. I don't mind if it was Jigglypuff, because I dunno... it fits to her being unlockable. But Luigi freaking needs to be in the starting roster.

SmashBrosMike

Smash Ace
So were Captain Falcon and Ness, yet they were in the starting roster of Melee.

Because I expect Luigi (and Jigglypuff, Ness and C. Falcon) to be unlockable. I want to unlock something surprising, not someone who has been unlockable for the past 10 years. I don't mind if it was Jigglypuff, because I dunno... it fits to her being unlockable. But Luigi freaking needs to be in the starting roster.
Oh I see, but hey you would unlock him right away and I heard the reason C. Falcon and Ness were unlockable again in brawl is because Sakurai wanted to make it feel like the 4 original hidden characters again. Although this is my guess as well, but I am pretty sure Luigi is going to be unlockable again. But hey at least he will be easy to get. You just complete Classic Mode on a certain thing and there you have him.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Problem is, though, that Brawl's roster absolutely not held any surprises in the terms of unlockables.
Who were there?
Luigi, Captain Falcon, Ness, Jigglypuff, Marth, Mr. Game & Watch, Falco, Ganondorf, Toon Link, Wolf, Snake, Sonic, R.O.B. and Lucario

Now, Luigi, Falcon, Ness and Jigglypuff were unlockable in SSB64, and Luigi and Jiggles in Melee.
Marth, Mr. Game & Watch, Falco, Ganondorf and Toon Link (in the form of Young Link) were unlockable in Melee.

That leaves us with Wolf, Snake, Sonic, Lucario and R.O.B. Why, lookie here, the back of the Brawl box! It says Snake and Sonic are in! That sure takes a lot from the surprise, wha?

Leaves us with Wolf, Lucario and R.O.B. who are actually REALLY secrets.

I don't mind Sonic and Snake being unlockable, though. That's okay. But c'mon. They should've made Lucas instead of Ness being the secret. Ike instead of Marth.
They should've made Wario, Meta Knight, Dedede or Olimar secrets instead of Jigglypuff, Falcon or Luigi.

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
And as much as I like Wolf, he wasn't really a deserving final character.
R.O.B should have been the final character, and you shouldn't have been able to unlock him by getting to him in SSE.

Kraryo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SrirachaJoe
3DS FC
4124-5128-1575
You forgot to put in Lucario. He wasn't in any previous Smash game. And also, Wolf should of been an alternate costume for Fox. He's a pretty uninspired character and more effort should of been put in giving Luigi who is a Mario Brother some electric moves.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
I think that's okay. Besides I got Toon Link as final character. lol

I don't think there should be a "final character". Since Brawl offers 2 or 3 means to unlock every character, the process of unlocking is not bound to be the same. I could unlock Marth and Ness WAY before I reached them in the SSE by playing a few matches.

I just think the choices of who to be secret and who to be starter was just insanely stupid. There would've been much more fun in unlocking Wario or Meta Knight instead of *yawn* Marth and Luigi.

Edit:
@Karyo:
Oh yea, right. Lucario. I always forget about that guy.

AND WILL YOU STOP CALLING WOLF UNINSPIRED OR A CLONE!?
THIS MAKES ME TYPE IN CAPS, IT'S THAT OUTRAGEOUS!

hectichobo

Smash Ace
Sience theres now a storage solution planned, I`de like some WFC Pay and Play :)

And better online/stage builder
Custom Colors would be cool. like picking a part then being able to change hue/satuation/brightness of part.

hyperhopper

Smash Ace
i got an idea! for people who insist clones should be in ssb4...

MAKE THEM ALTERNATE COSTUMES WITH SLIGHTLY ALTERED STATS!

problem solved

BRING BACK THE DOCTOR

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
I couldn't care less for Toon Link or Falco and wouldn't mind them being removed.
I want Ganondorf to have a new moveset.
And Luigi, Lucas and Wolf are so different to Mario, Ness and Fox that I want to hurt people who call them clones.

SmashBrosMike

Smash Ace
I heard that there was leftover data of Mewtwo in Brawl. Is it true he was going to appear. I hear it was hackers who hacked the game and found it.

However it sucks they took him out. But hey King K. Rool is in the house. So we don't need him is that right guys.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
I heard that there was leftover data of Mewtwo in Brawl. Is it true he was going to appear. I hear it was hackers who hacked the game and found it.
I was one of the first people to do so. And yes, Mewtwo had, out of all cut characters, the most leftover data (character folder, Victory Theme in the sound data list, Classic ending screen and dummy file for the Wiimote SFX).

SmashBrosMike

Smash Ace
I was one of the first people to do so. And yes, Mewtwo had, out of all cut characters, the most leftover data (character folder, Victory Theme in the sound data list, Classic ending screen and dummy file for the Wiimote SFX).
Wow and hey it does suck they took him out, but hey we don't need him. Who we need is King K. Rool. Now he is what we need.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Okay, man. I mean, really now. It's cool that you like K. Rool. And I'd love to see him. But can you finally stop in mentioning how we need him in every of your d*mn postings? Seriously, it's getting annoying.

SmashBrosMike

Smash Ace
Okay, man. I mean, really now. It's cool that you like K. Rool. And I'd love to see him. But can you finally stop in mentioning how we need him in every of your d*mn postings? Seriously, it's getting annoying.
Okay sorry, I get over board with K. Rool dude, sorry.

And I wonder what Mewtwo's final smash would of been if he did make the cut.

hectichobo

Smash Ace
^^ It wasnt just mewtwo. There was also roy, Docter Mario, Plusle and Minum, Toon Zelda/Sheik and i think one more.. cant remember.... but theres not enough data to hack any of them back in the game. I remembered the other.... it was dixie. Mewtwo and Roy had the most data i beleive.

SmashBrosMike

Smash Ace
^^ It wasnt just mewtwo. There was also roy, Docter Mario, Plusle and Minum, Toon Zelda/Sheik and i think one more.. cant remember.... but theres not enough data to hack any of them back in the game. I remembered the other.... it was dixie. Mewtwo and Roy had the most data i beleive.
Well it was good they took out Roy, because he was a lame marth clone. But WTF I can't believe they took Mewtwo out.

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
I wouldn't mind Lucas either being replaced or gaining a more original moveset that is true to his game.
I think Brawl could have had more characters to unlock like Ness (reflect however many projectiles) and Luigi SSBM (finish 1st level with 2 in the time). They were fun methods, and different- not just Vs mode x amount of times, SSE, Play level x amount of times, finish certain mode with a character/s.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
spadefox, do you know the code to add MT to the brawl offline rooster?
No, I don't. I just hacked up the data, I didn't change it. Besides, the data is LOST. You would have to program the moveset, make the animations, etc.

@hectichobo

Fine, here we go again with the "Forbidden 7"...

Mewtwo
Roy
Dr. Mario
Toon Zelda
Toon Sheik
Dixie Kong
Pra_Min (it's assumed to be "Plusle & Minun" or Random)

Out of these, Mewtwo has the most leftover data, which means he was the last character who was removed.
Roy was the second-last to get removed, since his victory jingle is still in the music data list.
(Wolf is missing in there, which means he was added after Mewtwo's removal, or at least after the developers decided to NOT do victory jingles for all characters)

The other 5 have absolutely no leftover data or mentions at all.

hectichobo

Smash Ace
No, I don't. I just hacked up the data, I didn't change it. Besides, the data is LOST. You would have to program the moveset, make the animations, etc.

@hectichobo

Fine, here we go again with the "Forbidden 7"...

Mewtwo
Roy
Dr. Mario
Toon Zelda
Toon Sheik
Dixie Kong
Pra_Min (it's assumed to be "Plusle & Minun" or Random)

Out of these, Mewtwo has the most leftover data, which means he was the last character who was removed.
Roy was the second-last to get removed, since his victory jingle is still in the music data list.
(Wolf is missing in there, which means he was added after Mewtwo's removal, or at least after the developers decided to NOT do victory jingles for all characters)

The other 5 have absolutely no leftover data or mentions at all.
I knew that. I would have wrote it to but like I`m on a wii and it take a long time so ya.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
I knew that. I would have wrote it to but like I`m on a wii and it take a long time so ya.
We were talking about Mewtwo's removal, though - that's why I didn't mention the other 6. As said, I was one of the first ones to find out about the missing data in the game, hence you're telling me no news at all. *shrug*

@Jimnymebob

Bukawk?

hectichobo

Smash Ace
We were talking about Mewtwo's removal, though - that's why I didn't mention the other 6. As said, I was one of the first ones to find out about the missing data in the game, hence you're telling me no news at all. *shrug*

@Jimnymebob

Bukawk?
SmashBrosMike didn`t know and I was telling him.

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
Don't make me let RoostTwo loose SpadeFox :laugh:
The psychic chicken is hungry for chicken food XD.

SmashBrosMike

Smash Ace
I can't believe it! He still doesn't know!

How long do you guys think we can keep it from him?
If this is about insulting me, then just drop it. It was a long time ago okay.

I was thinking though. Do any of you think there should be some new game modes. I think there should.

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
If this is about insulting me, then just drop it. It was a long time ago okay.

I was thinking though. Do any of you think there should be some new game modes. I think there should.
This may not be a NEW mode, but I think Special Brawl should be changed so that each player can have their own settings. So for example player1 could be giant metal Mario and player 2 could be fast stamina Link.

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
Yeah, new game modes would be nice.
Coin matches can go, I won't miss them.

Edit= I like that Idea HyperRidley, but would flower be useful, unless one player wants to give themselves a disadvantage.
They should bring invisibility back though.

SmashBrosMike

Smash Ace
This may not be a NEW mode, but I think Special Brawl should be changed so that each player can have their own settings. So for example player1 could be giant metal Mario and player 2 could be fast stamina Link.
Hm that would be cool. I like that.

How many of you guys think Mewtwo should return. If he does.

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
I was going to say RoostTwo because I want to milk him for all that he is worth.
I then realised he was a rooster... :laugh:

I doubt Mewtwo will return, and I doubt PT and Lucario will return. I think they'll have an existing Pokemon (1-4th gen that's not been playable before), and a 5th gen.

hectichobo

Smash Ace
Yeah, new game modes would be nice.
Coin matches can go, I won't miss them.

Edit= I like that Idea HyperRidley, but would flower be useful, unless one player wants to give themselves a disadvantage.
They should bring invisibility back though.
There still is invisibility for special brawl, just no item for it, you look really cool when you`re invisible with a final smash.

klapaucius

Smash Apprentice
This is a brilliant idea. Seriously.

TINY HEAVY CURRY WOLF

VERSUS

HEAVY METAL BUNNY GANONDORF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom