• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Official SSB4 Discussion] --- Nintendo announces 2 new Smash games!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Exactly- Jigglypuff needs to be buffed with:
  • More weight
  • Melee level rest
  • More power on aerials
  • Find a way to make Sing usable- edgesinging is all it ever gets used
1. Not really needed. She should stay light.
2. YESH! YESH!
3. Not sure if this is necessary. Bring back hitstun and maybe give some of her moves higher priority and she's good to go.
4. I think it would help to give the move more range.

Jiggs says hi.
But couldn't you argue that her status as one of the original twelve is what is keeping her in? By the way, I' quite sure that Jigglypuff has her share of popularity outside of Japan.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Captain Falcon wants a word with you, Wizzerd.
WOW contradiction city.

Non-Competitive people don't realize Ike sucks lmao.
>Think Competative play is how the game is balanced
>Reactionimage.jpg

NEVER use the tier list to gage character usability. The tier list is based on Tournament play, which is very skewed and gives benefits to certain characters. It will never be how the game is balanced, and it does not reflect how the characters function.

Ike does not suck (neither does Falcon). Ike is really good in 4vs play. The same is true of Falcon.

UberMario

Smash Master
>Think Competative play is how the game is balanced
>Reactionimage.jpg

NEVER use the tier list to gage character usability. The tier list is based on Tournament play, which is very skewed and gives benefits to certain characters. It will never be how the game is balanced, and it does not reflect how the characters function.

Ike does not suck (neither does Falcon). Ike is really good in 4vs play. The same is true of Falcon.
I didn't say Falcon was bad, and I don't believe in the tier list, but most Captain Falcons just end up SD'ing, and thus, even though there seems to be a lot of popularity and potential, I don't understand why most people are bad with him, thus my retort using Falcon.

He has an awesome over-stage potential, but no one seems to use it. He seems bad because no one uses him properly (or a select few do), same goes for Ike, but to a lesser degree.

Tiers= how close to maximum potential has been discovered

Wizzerd

Smash Ace
drag0nscythe said:
He has lasted this long. His popularity is still massive even though his exposure dropped around the time of the second game. Even the Remakes did not play him up to much. He has still endured, and still will.
He's popular... on message boards, a fraction of the Smash fanbase. Outside of message boards, Mewtwo is pretty much forgotten, his movies being outdated and having nothing to really set him above all of the other random Pokemon- and remember that there's still time for his popularity to decay further. Lucario, being more recent, will still have a decent fanbase, and cutting him will be more of a disappointment when Mewtwo is already cut. Often we only have message boards to guage popularity and it's the best we can do, but remember that they don't always accurately represent all of the Smash fanbase.

Uhh, one is cut will not come back. What is this based on? Any fact behind this? I guess Akuma and Chun li were never in SF3 then. They were cut.
Simple logic- Mewtwo has less of a chance now, since the decision for Brawl was already made and it's that Mewtwo shouldn't be in?

One can be part of the wallpaper in a trainer.
Not really. It means that she has to share the spotlight with two other Pokemon, and it wouldn't seem like it was still the Jigglypuff we know
and love

Which suits her popularity, Smash relevance, pokemon relevance, etc.
Her popularity isn't dead in Japan, she's been in three Smash games, Pokemon aren't really ever more relevant than another- it doesn't suit her at all.

Did he ever come out and say "I want to rep mario the most?"
The fact is that mario has the largest array of items, trophies, and iconic imagery out of all the represented series. The only thing it does not have is rep count. Many other series have more viable reps. Pokemon is one of them. One cannot just say "Mario is the max limit." when only the 4 mains should be the only ones playable with the mario logo.
No, but he's shown it. The Mario series has always had the most reps (in Melee) or tied for them (64 and Brawl), and the stages and other extras shows what Sakurai thinks about what the Mario series needs (though it doesn't seem to count for actual representation). Why do only the four mains need to be in? Just because they have seniority doesn't matter when Smash is about representing recent Nintendo (outside of retro or shock characters, who break every rule in the book). It seems that Bowser Jr. is even more significant than Bowser himself in NSMB and Sunshine. Besides, Mewtwo is viable, but not as much as you make him out to be.

Mario got his hammer from Donkey King
Mario always jumps on people
Butt stomping is from the main mario games.
Bombs from mario 2.
The paper thing is a gimmick for the art style.
You seem to have conveniently forgotten the spindash, badges, Tornado Jump, Spring Jump, Super Hammer, Ultra Hammer, flipping, Superguarding, the paper curses and the many, many uses of his partners like kicking a shell, blowing a gust of wind and hiding in the shadows. Play moar Paper Mario.

He is mario.
If you want to go by success, then Dr. Mario was a just addition. We should have Party Mario, and Sports Mario while we are at it.

The fact is that Paper mario is mario. Nintendo sat down and said "Lets make SM:RPG for the N64. We cannot use that franchise exactly, so come up with something else." The paper thing was a graphical gimmick and then the rest followed from there.
You're like a broken record. "HE IS MARIO!" I've asked you before why that's an issue but the only response I have gotten is "HE IS MARIO!" I don't see how that's an issue when Dr. Mario, Young Link and Toon Link got in, even if they were clones. Stop saying that Paper Mario is similar to Party and Sports Mario please. Party and sports Mario are Mario doing something different. Paper Mario seems to be a seperate character in appearence and mannerisms, and his games have managed to diffferentiate themselves from the mainstream Mario games far more than the spinoffs ever have.

You have better not be suggesting that Paper Mario is Super Mario RPG remade. Super Mario RPG is a completely generic and far overrated RPG with Mario plugged in instead of a generic RPG hero. The Paper Mario games (or at least the first two) belong to a completely unique category of Mario RPGs, with very low damage totals, badges, partners, strange humor and many other things.

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
He's popular... on message boards, a fraction of the Smash fanbase. Outside of message boards, Mewtwo is pretty much forgotten, his movies being outdated and having nothing to really set him above all of the other random Pokemon- and remember that there's still time for his popularity to decay further. Lucario, being more recent, will still have a decent fanbase, and cutting him will be more of a disappointment when Mewtwo is already cut. Often we only have message boards to guage popularity and it's the best we can do, but remember that they don't always accurately represent all of the Smash fanbase.
Even outside of message boards, he is still one of the most recognizable pokemon. both him and Mew are still widely known. yes he is not as important as he once was, but he is still the most recognized legendary pokemon out of the bunch.

Simple logic- Mewtwo has less of a chance now, since the decision for Brawl was already made and it's that Mewtwo shouldn't be in?
So Chun-li really had no chance then? Simple logic and all.

Not really. It means that she has to share the spotlight with two other Pokemon, and it wouldn't seem like it was still the Jigglypuff we know
and love
Not many love her. she is useless in brawl, had no SSE relevance and is still one of the easiest characters to unlock. As for sharing the spotlight. All series with more than one character has to share the spot light.

Also, this has not stopped Charizard being very popular.

Her popularity isn't dead in Japan, she's been in three Smash games, Pokemon aren't really ever more relevant than another- it doesn't suit her at all.
It has faded and has dried up else where though. Uh, do I need to go to other fighting game series to point out that just being in a place a long time does not mean anything?

And for relevance. If "Pokemon aren't really ever more relevant than another" then putting her in a trainer should be fine.

No, but he's shown it. The Mario series has always had the most reps (in Melee) or tied for them (64 and Brawl), and the stages and other extras shows what Sakurai thinks about what the Mario series needs (though it doesn't seem to count for actual representation).
As I said, more to draw from. Also, in brawl, there are technically more pokemon reps than mario.

Why do only the four mains need to be in? Just because they have seniority doesn't matter when Smash is about representing recent Nintendo (outside of retro or shock characters, who break every rule in the book). It seems that Bowser Jr. is even more significant than Bowser himself in NSMB and Sunshine.
It is the four mains. That is why they need to be in. Why no more than them? Becuase then it is just grabbing from the bottom of the barrel to fill in a fan quota. It needs to be natural reps in a way. That is always one philosophy I have when I think of reps.

The main mario reps are the most important and most well known. Other then that, it is smaller characters many could care less about except for rabid fans. I support Mewtwo because many want him back. That give him the push he needs.

As for Bowser jrs. relevance. He is a "flavor of the game" character. They have him, they want to use him. His relevance will fade like the koopalings.

Besides, Mewtwo is viable, but not as much as you make him out to be.
And you do not give him enough,

You seem to have conveniently forgotten the spindash, badges, Tornado Jump, Spring Jump, Super Hammer, Ultra Hammer, flipping, Superguarding, the paper curses and the many, many uses of his partners like kicking a shell, blowing a gust of wind and hiding in the shadows. Play moar Paper Mario.
Most of those are just RPG adaptations of his standard. They did it with Sonic in his RPG. The paper curses are just gimmicks, like I said.

Oh, and partners. So, to make paper mario unique, he cannot work alone...

You're like a broken record. "HE IS MARIO!" I've asked you before why that's an issue but the only response I have gotten is "HE IS MARIO!"
What else is there to it. It is mario with a paper gimmick graphical style attached.

I don't see how that's an issue when Dr. Mario, Young Link and Toon Link got in, even if they were clones. Stop saying that Paper Mario is similar to Party and Sports Mario please. Party and sports Mario are Mario doing something different.
Paper Mario seems to be a seperate character in appearence and mannerisms, and his games have managed to diffferentiate themselves from the mainstream Mario games far more than the spinoffs ever have.
See, there is your problem. Paper mario is a spin off. it falls into the whole world of spin offs for mario. remember, no one cares if it is a different version from an alt universe. It is a game. That does not matter. Paper mario is mario.

And Paper mario acts similar to normal mario. Using this as an excuse is flawed because different directors for games will treat characters differently. I guess takamaru is really a pervet then because of captain rainbow. Or is he a different takamaru?

You have better not be suggesting that Paper Mario is Super Mario RPG remade. Super Mario RPG is a completely generic and far overrated RPG with Mario plugged in instead of a generic RPG hero. The Paper Mario games (or at least the first two) belong to a completely unique category of Mario RPGs, with very low damage totals, badges, partners, strange humor and many other things.
you missed the point. The point was that the paper mario series arose because Nintendo wanted to cash in on the Mario:RPG run. They needed a Mario RPG sequel. That is why Paper mario was known as Mario:RPG2 for a while.

Volkner582

Smash Journeyman
In regards to Mewtwo, as I've said before, its probable that he was cut due to a need for balancing the roster. Now while the Pokemon series has 6 movesets, it only has four spots, and Mewtwo returning would have meant that the Pokemon series would have gotten 5, more so than Zelda, or Mario. In addition, Mewtwo was cut in favor of Jigglypuff, for what we can only assume is the fact that Jiggs was in the original, or because barely anyone liked him in Melee. In truth, the one character that Mewtwo got cut for wasn't Lucario, but rather the Pokemon Trainer, since Lucario was needed to represent the later games, while PT did not.

That being said, for the next game, I do think that Lucario will stay, while Mewtwo will stay out. Lucario isn't whould still be the face of the 4th gen, which is needed, because if he really is cut, then we'd have probably three generations out of 5 to 6 not represented with a character. Mewtwo on the other hand shoudn't get back in due to the overwhelming amount of generation 1 Pokemon.
It's even more probable that Mewtwo was cut due to time limitations and wasn't replaced by anyone at all.

Spydr Enzo

Smash Ace
Mewtwo again? Those who support Mewtwo are either completely biased or just major Mewtwo fanboys (really not much of a difference). I love Mewtwo, he was my secondary in Melee (even though I sucked as him), and wa dissapointed when he was cut. But the fact is, he won't won't be returning, I say that with confidence. As much as you want him to, as much as you hope and dream, it won't happen. Sure he was popular, there was an outcry, etc. But hoonestly, do you think that the outcry is enough to make a difference? Are you going to not buy the game if you find out that Mewtwo isn't in it? Of course you'll still buy it, unless you have problems or major issues.

By the time we see SSB4, there will be plenty Pokemon that are much more deserving than Mewtwo is. Plus, we will have way too many 1st-generation Pokemon. Don't expect to see him in SSB4, and I say this with confidence, it won't happen.

By the way, you guys have to admit that the reason Mewtwo was cut was due to BOTH time restraints AND roster balancing. Let me talk about three series that usually have the maximum character slots: Mario, Zelda, and Pokemon. In Brawl, they each had four character slots, its obvious that Sakurai did this to balance the roster a bit, so Metwto WAS replaced by Lucario. You can't deny that. We know that Dr. Mario, Toon Zelda/Toon Shiek, and Mewtwo were each scrapped late in development. These four characters would represent the fifth slot for each of the big three series (mentioned above). But, Sakurai wanted to finish a more recent and popular Pokemon before an older one. If Mewtwo was in, we wouldn't have any characters to represent the new generations of Pokemon, which would cause JUST as much of an uproar if not a BIGGER uproar than cutting Mewtwo did. So Lucario was finished first leaving Mewtwo behind and unfinished. Dr. Mario and Toon Zelda/Toon Shiek didn't make the cut either even though there may have been time for it, because the roster wouldn't be as balanced. This is just speculation, but very accurate speculation that most will agree on.

Wizzerd

Smash Ace
My thoughts exactly... Mewtwo might get in if there's no fifth generation but he doesn't have much of a chance otherwise. Also, Chronobound (who is Snakey on Gamefaqs) has a theory on Mewtwo's removal here.

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
Mewtwo again? Those who support Mewtwo are either completely biased or just major Mewtwo fanboys (really not much of a difference). I love Mewtwo, he was my secondary in Melee (even though I sucked as him), and wa dissapointed when he was cut. But the fact is, he won't won't be returning, I say that with confidence. As much as you want him to, as much as you hope and dream, it won't happen. Sure he was popular, there was an outcry, etc. But hoonestly, do you think that the outcry is enough to make a difference? Are you going to not buy the game if you find out that Mewtwo isn't in it? Of course you'll still buy it, unless you have problems or major issues.
I just love how you believe your opinion is fact.
Forget the fact the fact that both he and Roy are on almost all fans lists for new characters. It is just blind fanboyism.

Right.

Have any facts?

Spydr Enzo

Smash Ace
I just love how you believe your opinion is fact.
Forget the fact the fact that both he and Roy are on almost all fans lists for new characters. It is just blind fanboyism.

Right.

Have any facts?
I just love how you didn't read the part of the post where I said I SAY THIS IN CONFIDENCE. :) Sure, I said "the fact is," but I also said "I say this in confidence", which implies that I don't know for sure but I am very confident that I am correct. So next time, read the whole post and respond more intelligently before being a ******* about it, okay? ;)

Roy and Mewtwo are on many fan rosters... uuuhh... good job? (You're observation skills amaze me). And that has any relevance to the decision of the roster? :ohwell: BUT IT SHOWS DAT THAY IZ POPULER!!1!one!! is not a good reason. There are tons of characters that are popular and are on fan rosters but really don't have a chance, they are on fan rosters because, oh I don't know, maybe the fan likes them? But does Sakurai think the same way fans do? If characters got in based on popularity and if Sakurai really cared about it as much, we'd see Ridley, Megaman, possibly Geno, Deoxys, and many other characters. There are many factors that Sakurai puts before popularity. By the way, the popularity of Mewtwo and Roy really isn't that great compared to the popularity of others.

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
I just love how you didn't read the part of the post where I said I SAY THIS IN CONFIDENCE. :) Sure, I said "the fact is," but I also said "I say this in confidence", which implies that I don't know for sure but I am very confident that I am correct. So next time, read the whole post and respond more intelligently before being a ******* about it, okay? ;)
Your confidence is misplaced. I am very confident that the masses will want him to return like they wanted Roy to return.

Sakurai will ask "Who do you want?" and many will say they want Mewtwo and roy back.

Roy and Mewtwo are on many fan rosters... uuuhh... good job? (You're observation skills amaze me). And that has any relevance to the decision of the roster? :ohwell: BUT IT SHOWS DAT THAY IZ POPULER!!1!one!! is not a good reason. There are tons of characters that are popular and are on fan rosters but really don't have a chance,
Like Paper mario.

they are on fan rosters because, oh I don't know, maybe the fan likes them? But does Sakurai think the same way fans do? If characters got in based on popularity and if Sakurai really cared about it as much, we'd see Ridley, Megaman, possibly Geno, Deoxys, and many other characters. There are many factors that Sakurai puts before popularity. By the way, the popularity of Mewtwo and Roy really isn't that great compared to the popularity of others.
So you are confident that Ridley will not be playable then also. Considering you think you know sakurai so well.

Clownbot

Smash Lord
Your confidence is misplaced. I am very confident that the masses will want him to return like they wanted Roy to return.

Sakurai will ask "Who do you want?" and many will say they want Mewtwo and roy back.
Coming from a person who used to have HUGE support for Mewtwo, I think I can safely say that he doesn't have much of a chance. He's popular, sure, but he's gone. He's gone, and it unbalances the roster to see, like, 5 characters from the 1st gen and one character that's not.

Like Paper mario.
He's the star of his series, he has potential to not be a clone, and this is ON TOP of people supporting him.

So you are confident that Ridley will not be playable then also. Considering you think you know sakurai so well.
It's funny; I thought you WERE against Ridley, Spydr. :laugh:

Wizzerd

Smash Ace
Clownbot said:
He's the star of his series, he has potential to not be a clone, and this is ON TOP of people supporting him.
And Sakurai will probably be smarter than to clone him- I mean, all of the clones were recieved so badly. I mean, he doesn't use the attacks of Mario, and he has plenty of material to draw from- all of the Brawl (semi)clones were either or. I'm actually strongly considering an MYM6 set for him.

Your avatar brings back bad memories...

Spydr Enzo

Smash Ace

Like I've said before, popularity is one of the last factors Sakurai uses to decide what characters should be playable. Sure he asks players who they want to see, but that doesn't mean its the only factor, because its not. There are several others that are much more important to Sakurai than popularity.

I never said I was confident that Ridley won't be playable, I only used him, Megaman and the others to show how popularity doesn't matter to Sakurai. And yes, WE do know Sakurai very weel (not in person of course), but we know what he will most likely do based on past-decisions, statements, etc.. I wouldn't bash someone for bringing up Sakurai, pretty much everyone here (at least the intelligent people) will use talk about Sakurai.

Pieman0920

Smash Master
Ughh, Mewtwo wasn't replaced by Lucario, he was replaced by the PT. :urg:

Really now, Pichu was the character who represented the latest generation (also was the joke character) and Lucario is the Pokemon who represented the latest generation in Brawl. PT on the other hand went back to the first generation, and thus kicked out Mewtwo. As far as not having enough time being the reason Mewtwo was cut, that's certainy possible, but not that probable. The thing is, as Enzo said, is that the larger series, Mario, Zelda, and Pokemon were obviously balanced with four roster spots. Mewtwo would have screwed that up, and that's probably a contributing factor as to why he got knocked out. Maybe if there was more time he would have gotten in, but in that case, the Mario and LoZ series would have also had to have gotten a character, which seems to contradict Sakurai's statements of having the general roster in mind.

In any case, he is very unlikely to return due to the overwhelming emphasis it would give to the first generation games, and the next Pokemon spot will almost certainly go to a Pokemon in the next generation.

Spydr Enzo

Smash Ace
Coming from a person who used to have HUGE support for Mewtwo, I think I can safely say that he doesn't have much of a chance. He's popular, sure, but he's gone. He's gone, and it unbalances the roster to see, like, 5 characters from the 1st gen and one character that's not.

It's funny; I thought you WERE against Ridley, Spydr. :laugh:
Thanks Clownbot.

And yeah, I don't really support Ridley very much, but I agree that if we were to get a new Metroid character, he is the most likely right now, but that may change in the future. It's not because of size though, he can easily be re-sized, its just statements made by Sakurai that make me doubt his chances. I just try to avoid talking about Ridley in fear of sparking Ridley WarsXXVIII. :laugh:

And by the way, good to see you changed your avatar... again... :laugh:

Spydr Enzo

Smash Ace
Great points Pieman, I guess that does make more sense that Lucario would be replacing Pichu and Pokemon Trainer would be replacing Mewtwo. I agree with everything else you said as well, Mewtwo would be placing to much emphasis on the first-generation when Sakurai is more likely to focus on newer generations and keeping up with the series.

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
Here's what I think the fate of pokemon is (This is my opinion)

1.Pikachu (Whoever denies this is just an idiot. 'nuff said)
2. Another first gen (Mewtwo, Jigglypuff, ETCETERA. Either way, two first gens is almost guaranteed)
3. a Pokemon trainer of some sort (Which gens the pokemon are from may vary)
4.Pokemon of later gen, but not last gen (most likely a 4th gen)
5.pokemon of last gen (5th most likely)

I chose five pokemon, because chances are the roster in the next game will be bigger, and chances are Mario, Zelda, and Pokemon will have 5 slots each.

Clownbot

Smash Lord

2. Another first gen (Mewtwo, Jigglypuff, ETCETERA. Either way, two first gens is almost guaranteed)

I chose five pokemon, because chances are the roster in the next game will be bigger, and chances are Mario, Zelda, and Pokemon will have 5 slots each.
This seems somewhat accurate, but I have my doubts with #4. I mean, 2nd or 3rd gen didn't get anything in Brawl, so... :ohwell:

Spydr Enzo

Smash Ace

I LOVE YOU. :)

Well, kind of...

I agree with you on the fact that we may get a total of five slots for each Mario, Pokemon, and Zelda. That doesn't seem like a very popular theory here but it is a theory that I will stand by because it seems very logical. However, your choices are a bit too open, I like to make mine more specific. Her is what I think we will see:

-Pikachu (same reason you said)
-Jigglypuff (NO, SHE WILL NOT BE CUT. She was picked over Mewtwo for both Brawl and SSB64, chances are it will happen again. Deal with it people.)
-Pokemon Trainer (I elieve there is a small chance we might see Pokemon from different generations, but for know I'd expect to see the first-generation.)
-Lucario (there really is no reason for him to be cut, he's popular Pokemon of a more recent generation. I don't see why Sakurai would replace him with a popular 1st, 2nd, or 3rd-generation Pokemon.)
-(5th-generation Pokemon) (It is VERY likely that we will see a popular, viable next-generation Pokemon that has enough potential to be playable. Expect this o happen).

Spydr Enzo

Smash Ace
Veering away from the Mewtwo discussion, I have an idea for a Donkey Kong final Smash that I think is much more suiting and much better than his lame Bongo drums thing. What if he got Rambi the Rhino!

In the Donkey Kong Country games, you could often find small boxes with an animal's picture on them hidden throughout the levels. Breaking these boxes would reveal the animals and the player could hop on their back, allowing them to perform special abilities. These animals included ones like Rambi the Rhino, Winky the Frog, and Enguarde the Swordfish. Out of all the animals, Enguarde the swordfish and Rambi the Ehino are the most recurring, Rambi being associated with Donkey Kong in their more recent games, so it would only make sense to include Rambi as the animal in Donkey Kong's Final Smash.

Anyway, here is how the Final Smash would work. After Donkey Kong got the smash ball, pressing B would cause a Box with Rambi's face to appear in front of him, and a quick animation would show him breaking the box and jumping on Rambi's back. In the games, Rambi allowed players to run faster and provided a small defense. Rambi would knock away enemied in front of the Kongs. In Smash, this is exactly what Rambi wold do. Coming into contact with an opponent causes Rambi to butt his head, swinging his massive horn at the player. The player would take a lot of damage and the player would recieve a large amount of knockback. Other noticeable affects include Rambi's speed. His speed is similar to that of Captain Falcon's. He can also jump a good height. When he lands, it stuns players for a small second because of the shock of the impact, and if he lands ON the player, they get buried into the ground for a few seconds. After 15 seconds, Donkey Kong jumps off Rambi and he zooms offscreen. The final affect of this is, if you hapen to be in front of Rambi when he zooms off screen, you will almost instantly be KO'd.

I think this is a MUCH better final smash for Donkey Kong, who would agree?

Pieman0920

Smash Master
Rambi works better as a AT that simply charges around the field. The Bongos fit DK very well, given their role in the Jungle Beat games, and DK64, though their technical mechanics may have to be reworked a bit to make it more effective.

Mario the Jumpman

Smash Ace
For the Pokemon discussion, the five slots should be Pikachu, Jigglypuff, Red (the PT controlling Squirtle, Ivysaur, and Charizard), Lucario, aand a 5th gen Pokemon.

Also, Pichu stinks.

Spydr Enzo, your FS idea sounds good, but are you sure it's not too cheap?

And for the Pokemon, Pikachu is male, but does anybody have confirmation for the genders of the other Pokemon?

And for the Nintendo vs Capcom idea posted maybe yesterday or the day before: NO! NO! NO! Smash 4 should only have three third-party reps. And FF characters (especially ones from FF 2-11 and excluding the Mages and Chocobos) do not make good reps. Cloud stinks!

UberMario

Smash Master
Veering away from the Mewtwo discussion, I have an idea for a Donkey Kong final Smash that I think is much more suiting and much better than his lame Bongo drums thing. What if he got Rambi the Rhino!

In the Donkey Kong Country games, you could often find small boxes with an animal's picture on them hidden throughout the levels. Breaking these boxes would reveal the animals and the player could hop on their back, allowing them to perform special abilities. These animals included ones like Rambi the Rhino, Winky the Frog, and Enguarde the Swordfish. Out of all the animals, Enguarde the swordfish and Rambi the Ehino are the most recurring, Rambi being associated with Donkey Kong in their more recent games, so it would only make sense to include Rambi as the animal in Donkey Kong's Final Smash.

Anyway, here is how the Final Smash would work. After Donkey Kong got the smash ball, pressing B would cause a Box with Rambi's face to appear in front of him, and a quick animation would show him breaking the box and jumping on Rambi's back. In the games, Rambi allowed players to run faster and provided a small defense. Rambi would knock away enemied in front of the Kongs. In Smash, this is exactly what Rambi wold do. Coming into contact with an opponent causes Rambi to butt his head, swinging his massive horn at the player. The player would take a lot of damage and the player would recieve a large amount of knockback. Other noticeable affects include Rambi's speed. His speed is similar to that of Captain Falcon's. He can also jump a good height. When he lands, it stuns players for a small second because of the shock of the impact, and if he lands ON the player, they get buried into the ground for a few seconds. After 15 seconds, Donkey Kong jumps off Rambi and he zooms offscreen. The final affect of this is, if you hapen to be in front of Rambi when he zooms off screen, you will almost instantly be KO'd.

I think this is a MUCH better final smash for Donkey Kong, who would agree?
Yeah, I actually thought of a Final Smash working EXACTLY like that in February (not on here though), Although instead of zooming off, he would just run off normally.

Shadow Huan

Smash Champion
In reguards to the most recent Mewtwo debate, Sonic was added because he was wanted by fans, and Snake was added more or less as a personal favor. if people want Mewtwo and roy back badly enough, then they will be back. what's the big deal? Characters in other fighting games have skipped entries only to return. (The Soul Caliber series leaps to mind.)

Since Mewtwo and Roy have more empty folders than the other "Forbidden 7", they were the closest to making it in the game, mewtwo being closer. From what I'm told, Mewtwo's trophy has blinking stills and other interesting data hidden in it, and Roy's got a section of the FE stage and a song devoted to him.

Characters were supposed to be in SSB64 that didn't make it, and a few were supposed to be in Melee that didn't make it. Now most of those are in Brawl, and there's no reason to think that there won't be vets returning for SSB4 who missed out on Brawl. really now, why not? If they don't come back that's too bad (seriously), but there is not logical reason to assume that they will or won't based off of overanalizing the fact that they were dropped while they were being made. If they are popular then there's a good chance they'll be returning, moreso if they were supposed to be in Brawl. If they don't come back, the world won't explode.

As for Rambi, it would be awesome as an AT, but for a FS for DK I really can't see it happening.

Mario the Jumpman

Smash Ace
We do NOT need Mewtwo OR Roy as playable characters. Mewtwo should be a boss and Roy should be an Assist Trophy helper (he can even replace Lyn).

Can we please end this Mewtwo discussion for about half an hour? I want to start a new topic, please.

Here's an idea: characters like Naruto and Ichigo as selectable versions of the Sandbag. I personally don't want characters like that in Smash 4; I hate Naruto!

Also, I have a question: What are some of the main reasons for Sheik's popularity? I am a pretty big Sheik fan because she's female, fully-clothed, a great fighter, intelligent, and looks pretty masculine.

And for why I like Falco, one of the reasons is that, out of the three SF fighters in Brawl, Falco is the annoyer of the trio. Also, Falco has a personality that isn't very generic.

Edit: I am going to be off my computer in a few minutes. Just giving you all the heads-up.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Final Smash idea...
Although your idea is really nice and creative, and much more fitting to DK's character IMO, I doubt it would happen. Unless there's a new DK game that
doesn't suck
and doesn't revolve around those d*mn bongos, but is more DKC style.

Although Cranky Kong replacing Mr. Resetti as the ranting AT wouldn't be too much of a stretch...

Spydr Enzo

Smash Ace
Here's an idea: characters like Naruto and Ichigo as selectable versions of the Sandbag. I personally don't want characters like that in Smash 4; I hate Naruto!

Also, I have a question: What are some of the main reasons for Sheik's popularity? I am a pretty big Sheik fan because she's female, fully-clothed, a great fighter, intelligent, and looks pretty masculine.
Eww, no. I don't want those characters in the game, period. As much as I want to beat the living **** out of them, it won't happen and I don't want it to. I would seriously consider not buying the game if that even happened.

And I think the main reason for Shiek's popularity is because she was an important character of Ocarina of Time, which is supposedly one of the greatest games ever made (it ranks number two on the official Nintendo list). As for her popularity in Smash, it may be because she is a unique character, and she is quick and very agile.

Wizzerd

Smash Ace
Indeed- Ocarina of Time is VERY overrated but very popular so people are going to recognize her- not taking a space on the roster is also a plus, though she would take development time to make. Incidentally, I think that she never should have gotten in in the first place, especially over Meta Knight/Dedede/Diddy Kong/Wario... :ohwell:

Also, I imported Rosy Rupeeland a while back and got it today, and so far it's an epically unique game... people really should play it before judging it.

Mario the Jumpman

Smash Ace
I guess a Nintendo v.s. Capcom game would be fine as a spin-off title. I guess I didnt think about it enough.

Also, would Ridley make a good final hidden character? And please don't start a Ridley arguement stemming from this question. I would feel bad about myself if that happens.

n88

Smash Lord
The best final hidden character would be Ridley, yes. (Assuming he was in, that is)

Purellme

Smash Rookie
Ridley would be awesome but I like him more as a boss. He just seems so big, unless they shrunk him down to a reasonable size like Charizard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom