• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Official SSB4 Discussion] --- Nintendo announces 2 new Smash games!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
This is something I was wanting since I read the trophy descriptions in Brawl. However, I think they should only be supervising the material already in the game, not at equal footing since that will cause some major trouble later on.

Also, Itoi is not retired. Right now, he's done with MOTHER, but he'd be willing to let someone work on it.

BG3

Smash Journeyman
This is something I was wanting since I read the trophy descriptions in Brawl. However, I think they should only be supervising the material already in the game, not at equal footing since that will cause some major trouble later on.

Also, Itoi is not retired. Right now, he's done with MOTHER, but he'd be willing to let someone work on it.
What trophy descriptions seem lacking? I'm not disagreeing with you, I'm just curious. Did Sakurai write all the trophy descriptions? Also, how would it cause major trouble? I'm pretty sure that all of the developers are friends with each other and could get along quite well.

Clownbot

Smash Lord
They said it's scrapped! Their "Wii series" of games make more money then brawl.
If you don't post a link, I will continue to not believe you. You can say "prove ME wrong" all you want, but that doesn't help the argument one bit. Even if there is a chance Smash 4 won't come out, you need to give some hardcore proof before you go off saying there outright won't be one.

Jakandsig

Smash Apprentice
See? You mean say? And the real reason is your to lazy to look it up. They said it around when it came out, their saying it now. There's not even a link to an accurate rumor of SSB4. And you know I can't post links on a Wii, so your trying to stall till you find something.

n88

Smash Lord
@Jakandsig

Purple unicorns are going to eat Jupiter!

Prove me WRONG!

BBQTV

Smash Master
See? You mean say? And the real reason is your to lazy to look it up. They said it around when it came out, their saying it now. There's not even a link to an accurate rumor of SSB4. And you know I can't post links on a Wii, so your trying to stall till you find something.
i know how that is im using the wii too

Jakandsig

Smash Apprentice
@ jakandsig:As I've said earlier.......

Link, Please.
i know how that is im using the wii too
At this point only an idiot could think I can post a link.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
What trophy descriptions seem lacking? I'm not disagreeing with you, I'm just curious. Did Sakurai write all the trophy descriptions? Also, how would it cause major trouble? I'm pretty sure that all of the developers are friends with each other and could get along quite well.
I don't think anyone knows for certain if he did all the trophy descriptions, but it's plausible since I think he did them for Melee which had some minor inaccuracies.

Anyway, the trophies aren't so much lacking as inaccurate or stupid. Lucas learning moves he never knew in MOTHER 3 was 'justified' as Kumatora teaching him when he learned he'd be in Brawl. When you take the Subpar Emissary into account, this confuses things even further.

There are some other inaccuracies that question if any research was put in. For example, Dark Samus' trophy states her origins are unknown and that she's identical to Samus in every way, both of these were debunked in Metroid Prime 3, and the latter moreso in Metroid Prime 2.

Another example may or may not be inaccurate. Wolf's trophy mentions that Wolf knew Fox's father, but nothing ingame supports this. This may be something from a future Starfox game though.

Neo Exdeath

Smash Ace
You're doing the internet equivalent of sticking your fingers in your ears and going, "Lalalalala! I'm not listening!". Plus, I asked for evidence twice and you just said I was too lazy to look it up.

Edit: I love same-time posts.

n88

Smash Lord
@Jakandsig

You're being kind of presumptuous and illogical. You refuse to provide any information about where you came across your information, you're saying things that don't make sense (Smash has over 21 million in sales. That is a gigantic for a series w/three games. Nintendo exists to make money. Making a fourth seems like a no-brainer), and you're very stubborn. Not the kind of thing most people want to deal with.

Paper Mario Master

Smash Ace
They said it's scrapped! Their "Wii series" of games make more money then brawl.
So what? Brawl isn't the only one, take ONE game out of the "Wii series" and compare it to Brawl or compare "Wii series" to "Smash Series" and plus put Smash 4 in there and see which one sells more.

Neo Exdeath

Smash Ace
About the trophy debate: I honestly think the trophies were a bit lacking. I mean, Zelda gets every Twillight Princess NPC, but Earthbound doesn't even get a Paula trophy? WTF?

Edit: BBQTV, how are we "Big fat meanies"?

Clownbot

Smash Lord
At this point only an idiot could think I can post a link.
I apologize. I haven't typed on a Wii in a while, I forgot about that.

Do you have a computer somewhere? You can take all the time in the world you want to to post a link, I just refuse to believe something with no proof given to it. It's an annyoing tendency, I know.

BBQTV

Smash Master
about The Trophy Debate: I Honestly Think The Trophies Were A Bit Lacking. I Mean, Zelda Gets Every Twillight Princess Npc, But Earthbound Doesn't Even Get A Paula Trophy? Wtf?

Edit: Bbqtv, How Are We "big Fat Meanies"?
Cut!!!! That!!!!!! Guy!!!!! Soooooome Slllllaaaacccckkkkkk!!!!!!!!!!!

Neo Exdeath

Smash Ace
@Jakandsig: Oh. Oopsies. I have never typed on a Wii, so I didn't know that. You have also been removed from my ignore list.

Edit: I just did. Oh, and by the way, Please Do Not Type Posts Like This!

Clownbot

Smash Lord
Cut!!!! That!!!!!! Guy!!!!! Soooooome Slllllaaaacccckkkkkk!!!!!!!!!!!
Wow. Who would've thought that after going so long without using punctuation, you would use so much in one post?

We're not trying to be mean, we're just skeptical. :p

Wizzerd

Smash Ace
n88_2004 said:
Purple unicorns are going to eat Jupiter!

Prove me WRONG!
I'm sorely tempted to sig this, but I don't want it to clash with my MYM links. Curse you, MYM!
I'm sorry, MYM, you know I love you.

Anyway, Jakandsig, just because one series (The Mii series) sells better than another series (The Smash series) doesn't mean that the first series will get a bunch of games where the second gets close to or none. Going by this logic Nintendo would only release Mario and Pokemon games and maybe a couple of Zeldas.

Paper Mario Master

Smash Ace
So what if he doesn't have a link? Even if we weren't "lazy" and looked it up I doubt we'd find anything but more threads like this. And he still can't go around sayin things like that when I bet most of us here haven't heard anything official about SSB4, they might have said they weren't going to make one but if he did his homework I'm pretty sure he'd find that Melee was supposed to be the last.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Edit: Dang, I have to fight two people at once. The dog won't be in because all he does it pick up ducks and laugh. As I said in one of my earlier posts, I may be forced to eat my words if Sakurai does something like what he did to R.O.B. But until then, I honestly don't care if he's duck hunt's mascot, he probably won't get in. Note how I say "probably".
He probably won't get in. He probably will get in. Either way, we are still going to buy and enjoy SSB4 all the same.

EDIT 2: I found your argument's Achilles Heel. If Sakurai said it would be wrong havig a Nintendog being in smash and it would weird for a dog to fight in smash, then why would the Duck Hunt dog get in?
That is not a good argument. The only thing they have in common is that they are both dogs. The difference between a Nintendog and the Duck Hunt dog is that the Nintendog is a realistic puppy and the Duck Hunt dog is a bipedal cartoon dog. The Duck Hunt dog could be comparable to the funny animals from Looney Tunes. It would be like Sakurai not wanting to have real life weapons like guns and knives in Smash but is fine with fantastic weapons like lasers and swords in Smash.

Edit 3: Okay, I have seen movesets made out of Bubbles and Baloon Fighter in MYM, but I still can't see the dog's potential.
I can see the potential. Considering the fact the Duck Hunt dog is a waterfowl dog who was likely trained to point and fetch ducks, this could be translated in Smash as his smashes and specials. The dog points at a direction and the unseen hunter (the Duck Hunt player) shoots at the spot just beyond the dog's paw from the foreground (the fourth wall). The dog sends out a duck from the bush, then you control the duck like how you control Ness's PK Thunder, and let go of the button to have the hunter shoot it down. The dog might even throw a clay pigeon like a frisbee and you control the direction like you do with Link's boomerang. The dog's recovery is, of course, grabbing two ducks and flying away. The Final Smash could be something like Snake's Final Smash... the NES Zapper appears in the foreground and crosshairs appears on the screen, many ducks fly around the stage and you get to shoot them and the characters. The dog laughs whenever you KO a character during the Final Smash.

Changing subjects.... so we are talking about bosses, eh?

Mario: maybe Petey Piranha again or someone new from New Super Mario Bros. Wii or Super Mario Galaxy, maybe the Koopalings?
Donkey Kong: maybe KAOS from DKC3
Zelda: Vaati (eye monster form) or Ganon (pig monster form, I prefer ALTTP's version)
Metroid: Ridley (Other M version) or Mother Brain
Kirby: Marx, Dyna Blade, or Nightmare
Star Fox: who else is there besides Andross?
Pokemon: maybe Giratina or a legendary Pokemon from HG/SS
Mother: Giygas (original Mother 1 version)
Fire Emblem: Medeus (dragon form)
Kid Icarus: Medusa or Orcos (from Of Myths & Monsters but that game never came out in Japan)
Wario: Shake King, Captain Syrup's Genie from the first Wario Land game, or even Rudy the Clown from Wario Land 3
Pikmin: maybe Emperor Bulblax from Pikmin 1 or Creeping Chrysanthemum from Pikmin 2
Punch-Out: maybe a giant King Hippo, turned into a giant by Kamek's magic
Starfy: maybe Mashtooth
Nazo no Murasamejou: the Murasame statue

Personally, I think Diskun could work better as a Tabuu-like boss than a playable character.

And yet another subject change... Sakurai designed Melee as if it was the last game in the series.... and Sakurai designed Brawl as if it was the last game in the series. Big difference there, I think. I'm not sure about SSB64 though.

Jakandsig

Smash Apprentice
Guys. I have been with Nintendo,sega, sony, and Microsoft since each company existed as a game company. Nintendo and Segas mindset still to this day are the same. If there really is going to be a SSB4 then it most likely wont be named SSB. But, since the day rumors said brawl would be the last game when it first came out till 2months ago I did massive research. Like reading about how upset CAPCOM was when Megaman was not in Brawl and how it was to late. Also, PSP's can't post links. has a charcter lImit.

Neo Exdeath

Smash Ace
@ Arcadenik: Fine. You've convinced me that the dog has moveset potential. Can we please just bury the hatchet on this one?

@Jakandsig: If there is a SSB4, it will be called a SSB game. Also, Capcom said they were okay if Sakurai wanted Mega Man to be in Brawl. That's all Capcom said of the idea of Mega being in Smash Bros.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom