• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Official SSB4 Discussion] --- Nintendo announces 2 new Smash games!

Status
Not open for further replies.

majora_787

Smash Hero
I honestly wish they would use the other more-suggested ones. =P Just once, if need be.

:laugh: But enough of that.

sandslash

Smash Apprentice
sorry im a bit late but i saw you posted on the pokemon slots in the possible upcomming game. And i wanted to know why everyone likes Pokmemon trainer so much? I feel like yeah you get more characters for one slot but i hate the down b move being change character. It takes away from the moveset. Also i realize they have to pick popular pokemon but at the same time why does it always have to be legendary or starter. I would personally want to see sandslash and marawak i think some great moves could be made with these two characters. Whoever smash uses the characters will become more popular so why not use a regular pokemon. i know most of you will disagree but i think if they go with pickachu, mewtwo, jiggly, fifth generation and then a first generation it would be great(sandslash or marowak. But i think it will be pickachu, jiggly, trainer, mewtwo, and fifth generation.

SMAAAASH!

Smash Cadet
Pretty sure what they will do for a "smash 4" is remake brawl but instead add a handful of characters and put it on the 3DS. Since you know, Nintendo just looooves remaking their stuff for newer systems. Seems like it would be the best route to go; although that eliminates console play. Would make tourneys interesting though lmao.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Thank you so much for posting that link, Toise, although I'm curious why your link goes to one of SmashChu's posts there. If SP actually visited this thread, then we could put this on the OP.

Another thing that ticked me off earlier but didn't bother to deal with is everyone saying "X replaced Y". Based on the scrapped data, no one got replaced except for maybe Young Link. Roy and Mewtwo, who were supposedly replaced by Ike and Lucario were planned to be in as well.

Then there's the whole flavor of the month thing everyone's been claiming for the Pokemon. I see no evidence that say that.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Well Kuma, the whole flavor of the month makes sense to me.

I mean, Pichu was a second gen and he repped the latest generation in melee.
Lucario is a forth gen, and we could expect the same. I mean I think he'll be replaced by Zoroark!

Off note, i would be honored if any of you would take a look at my blog :)

http://ssb4project.blogspot.com/

Rychu

Thane of Smashville
3DS FC
1908-0105-4965
sorry im a bit late but i saw you posted on the pokemon slots in the possible upcomming game. And i wanted to know why everyone likes Pokmemon trainer so much? I feel like yeah you get more characters for one slot but i hate the down b move being change character. It takes away from the moveset. Also i realize they have to pick popular pokemon but at the same time why does it always have to be legendary or starter. I would personally want to see sandslash and marawak i think some great moves could be made with these two characters. Whoever smash uses the characters will become more popular so why not use a regular pokemon. i know most of you will disagree but i think if they go with pickachu, mewtwo, jiggly, fifth generation and then a first generation it would be great(sandslash or marowak. But i think it will be pickachu, jiggly, trainer, mewtwo, and fifth generation.
First, people (i've heard) enjoy PT because of the unique moveset with the 3 different pokemon(i personally just play Squirtle).
Second, there are NO legendary playable pokemon in Brawl. Lucario isnt Legendary (as far as I know.)
3rd, I doubt Mewtwos coming back, really, i am. The smash games use the "Cool Guy" pokemon in the games, followed by Pikachu, Jiggly, and a 4th(maybe 5th as well) representetive. Personally, i think it'll be Pika, Jiggs, PT(old or new gen) and Zorroark(new "Cool Guy"). possibly Meowth?
4th, Im guessing the pokemon you named aren't popular enough to be a Smash representetive
5th, the Characters you suggested are probably right, sans Mewtwo

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
@Coolaid

You say, Pikachu, Jigglypuff, PT, Zoroark, and meowth is more likely?

This is most likely thing we will see, in my opinion.

Most Likely:
Pikachu
Jigglypuff
PT
Lucario
Zoroark

Fan Pleaser:
Pikachu
Jigglypuff
PT
Mewtwo
Zoroark

Sakurai probably will trick us all and add in someone like female 2nd gen PT and Zoroark or something crazy like that.

Really this is what we all are speculating,

Offical Character:
Pikachu
Jigglypuff
PT
(Interesting character that doesnt have the "veteran" tie down, or the "WE NEED 5th gen" tie down)
Zoroark.

I assume the forth character will be either Lucario, Mewtwo or some form of different pt. maybe a female or rival?

Rychu

Thane of Smashville
3DS FC
1908-0105-4965
@Coolaid

You say, Pikachu, Jigglypuff, PT, Zoroark, and meowth is more likely?

This is most likely thing we will see, in my opinion.

Most Likely:
Pikachu
Jigglypuff
PT
Lucario
Zoroark

Fan Pleaser:
Pikachu
Jigglypuff
PT
Mewtwo
Zoroark

Sakurai probably will trick us all and add in someone like female 2nd gen PT and Zoroark or something crazy like that.

Really this is what we all are speculating,

Offical Character:
Pikachu
Jigglypuff
PT
(Interesting character that doesnt have the "veteran" tie down, or the "WE NEED 5th gen" tie down)
Zoroark.

I assume the forth character will be either Lucario, Mewtwo or some form of different pt. maybe a female or rival?
Im just saying, Meowth was a planned (scrapped for time) character in the original SSB, the only scrapped SSB64 char not used yet, and has appeared in all 3 games as a Pokeball. Not to menrion hes (as far as i know) popular overseas, but im not so sure of his popularity in the USA

Edit: Also, nice work on that blog, i'll definetly be checking it out regularly

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Well Kuma, the whole flavor of the month makes sense to me.

I mean, Pichu was a second gen and he repped the latest generation in melee.
Lucario is a forth gen, and we could expect the same. I mean I think he'll be replaced by Zoroark!

Off note, i would be honored if any of you would take a look at my blog :)

http://ssb4project.blogspot.com/
All we know about Pichu's inclusion was that he was the joke character for Melee. Unless you show me something that says so from an official source, Pichu wasn't included because he represents the second gen.

Lucario's inclusion and him being from the fourth generation are likely very coincidental as he was a popular character in his own right.

NOmoreTAS

Smash Rookie
I hope that they kept the trdicion of just nintendo characters because thats smash, and if they are going to put character from another company that they were just from 2 to 4 chars.
Tripping should die
Better online play (and more modes)
More modes like: crew battle or sets
Combos
Characters of F-zero just becaue C.falcon has been alone in the 3 games
To be more like melee and 64 or even better like project M.
Also I hope they would b more intelligent because If the game requires more Tech skill, it will be more balanced.
Thats all

Clownbot

Smash Lord
All we know about Pichu's inclusion was that he was the joke character for Melee. Unless you show me something that says so from an official source, Pichu wasn't included because he represents the second gen.
Give me an official source stating that he was a joke character, please.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Give me an official source stating that he was a joke character, please.
Why it's that Starmen.net link Toise posted earlier.

-Pichu (Sakurai says that he wanted a character who was bad on purpose, which is why Pichu was brought in. He also says that he had considered Jigglypuff the joke character of the first game, but now Jigglypuff was seen as more of a serious character because of Pichu’s inclusion. Also of note – one fan suggests that Raichu should have been used for Pikachu’s model swap instead of Pichu. Sakurai says that Pichu did more to differentiate himself, and that he added more by being a joke character.)
http://forum.starmen.net/forum/Stor...mprehensive-list-of-unused-characters/page/1/

The Google translation says something to that extent. The translation not that great considering it renders Jigglypuff's Japanese name, Purin, as Pudding.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704

Lucario's inclusion and him being from the fourth generation are likely very coincidental as he was a popular character in his own right.
Doesnt the fact that he is included, and a second gen, make him a second gen rep? Anyways, I really dislike "joke" characters considering i try to take every stance i have on each character with thought and care.

Lucario was Not only popular, but a forth gen. If he was a third generation im sure another popular forth generation would have gotten in. If i do recall Gardeviour and Blaziken were popular, but Lucario made it in over them. And remember, Gardeviour actually had a major role in a game. Unlike Lucario. Shouldnt that have made Sakurai happy if he was picking characters strictly for fan-base/importance in games? I still think he was picked because he was a 4th gen.

I just hope Mewtwo returns, while keeping Pika, Jiggs, and PT. And adding a new fifth gen. That just equals lucario leaving. Im not the only one who thinks of it this way im sure.

ToiseOfChoice

Smash Ace
Thank you so much for posting that link, Toise, although I'm curious why your link goes to one of SmashChu's posts there. If SP actually visited this thread, then we could put this on the OP.
Which one? I just checked all of my links and none of them sent me anywhere strange.

@toise, so explain to me what are going on in these things im reading? And yea, im interested in reading these. But it only lets you read the first page. And only Clause and Megaman have been discussed!
This is Sakurai's blog, the thing everyone thought was the full Brawl polls results. To get the rest of it, you just have to change the URL around a little before accessing Wayback.

I'm rather interested in most of these so I'm going to go through as many of them as I can and post links plus a quick summary for each post. That way you guys can just get to the meat without having to understand Google Engrish. I'll highlight any posts that mention characters in yellow. Probably gonna do 20 posts per day since it's quick enough to do while I eat.

Remember that these are my attempts to make sense of bad translations. I'm not perfect and there's a good chance I'll misinterpret something now and then. I encourage you guys to take a glance at these yourselves for a better chance at perfect accuracy. Or better yet, go get a friend who knows Japanese.

Posts 1-10

1. General excitement from the trailer and for Snake
2. Guessing it's about the audience noises (in-game), single line though so meh
3. Likes the main theme, hopes for MK64 Rainbow Road song and music from FE4 and DKC2, excited for Snake
4. Really happy to see the trailer
5. Likes ZSS, likes Jiggs, mentions crows and herons so it's either bird laguz (FE9/10) or a bad translation
6. Wants Mega Man, MM1 was one of their first games
7. Talks about Claus and how Smash is the only place he'll ever come back, guessing they're also lamenting the possibility of characters not returning, Jiggs specifically
8. Two big paragraphs about why he loves Bowser and Roy, mentions Wario and Meta Knight as good opponents to them I think
9. More excitement from the trailer and for the game in general
10. This is referenced in SamuraiPanda's translations; this guy met his wife because of a Melee tournament and they had a kid, Sakurai congratulates them and I think he makes a joke about naming their second child Melee or something

Posts 11-20

11. Talks about growing up with Smash and how things change over the years
12. More excitement, likes Dr. Pepper
13. Mentions watching the trailer with his friends after school, growing up with Smash, asks for Mother 3 music
14. Rather long Geno post, I'm pretty sure Fatman has a complete translation for this (or I could just search the thread for it)
15. Excited for Meta Knight, asks for K. Rool, liked Doc in Melee
16. Likes the new Pit, general excitement for the game
17. Talks about Ken Nishikiori (male voice from the main Brawl theme, check the credits son)
18. Rambles about Kirby for a while and laments the 1000 character limit on these emails, also a crazy person
19. Suggests playable Tetris blocks, I like this guy's style
20. Also mentioned in the SamuraiPanda thread; just some guy hoping the game makes people happy, Sakurai responds saying he'll do his best, etc.

For the record, SamuraiPanda's translations are here. His stuff is more accurate but only covers the Sakurai responses (which happen every 10 posts). I'll still reference them and probably keep posting the link each time I do one of these.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
@Toise, Awesome. I really enjoy reading these for some crazy reason. Im also saving them in a word document, because i know in a year or so someone will bring it up and we'll be doing this all over again! When i first read the few about jiggly, i didnt rememeber that purin mean pudding so... I was VERY confused.

12. More excitement, likes Dr. Pepper
Me too, buddy, Me too.

So Far we have:
Megaman
Claus
Geno
Tetris Block

a lot of Jiggly dislike, and some doc love!?

majora_787

Smash Hero
I can see jiggs dislike. Not because they're BAD, but because it's Jiggs. I don't know a single person personally who likes Jigglypuff for the character.

I don't know why people love Doc Mario, I mean... He's a clone in the LITERAL sense of the word.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I can see jiggs dislike. Not because they're BAD, but because it's Jiggs. I don't know a single person personally who likes Jigglypuff for the character.

I don't know why people love Doc Mario, I mean... He's a clone in the LITERAL sense of the word.
.......I like Jiggs, but I have to agree. Im the only person I know who mains Jiggs on any of the ssb instalments. But i think people have grow to like/expect her in ssb so I dont see her going anywhere. I only can see Lucario, Pokemon Trainer, Toon Link, and maybe Ike leaving.

Batman93

Smash Rookie
Hi guys my name's Eric and I'm new here. I'm 17 if anyone is wondering.

Okay. I was very disappointed by what Nintendo did to Brawl. After playing an outstanding game like melee I had very high expectations that were not reached. Most of the new characters are stupid. The story line is alright. For the next super smash bros. I'm hoping for some better out comes. The characters I want out are as follows. Sonic, Snake, Wolf, Captain Olimar, Ice Climbers, R.O.B, one of the Links, Lucas, King Dedede, Pit (if he wasn't so cheap I'd be fine with him). Characters I want in are as follows. Mewtwo, Raichu, Hitmonchan or Hitmonlee, Banjo and Kazooie (it will never happen :/) , Chunky Kong, Roy, some of Bowser's siblings and Baby Bowser. The stages were pretty good so I think Nintendo has good enough judgment for me not to say what I want as far as that. I was disappointed that they didn't have Tabuu's battlefield as a stage though. A better story line would be nice. I would like the old all star mode back. That's really all I can think of right now.

Batman93

Smash Rookie
I can see jiggs dislike. Not because they're BAD, but because it's Jiggs. I don't know a single person personally who likes Jigglypuff for the character
You can't take away the characters from the original, that just isn't right. I don't like him/her that much either, but I want the originals in the game always.

Life

Smash Hero
Hi guys my name's Eric and I'm new here. I'm 17 if anyone is wondering.

Okay. I was very disappointed by what Nintendo did to Brawl. After playing an outstanding game like melee I had very high expectations that were not reached. Most of the new characters are stupid. The story line is alright. For the next super smash bros. I'm hoping for some better out comes. The characters I want out are as follows. Sonic, Snake, Wolf, Captain Olimar, Ice Climbers, R.O.B, one of the Links, Lucas, King Dedede, Pit (if he wasn't so cheap I'd be fine with him). Characters I want in are as follows. Mewtwo, Raichu, Hitmonchan or Hitmonlee, Banjo and Kazooie (it will never happen :/) , Chunky Kong, Roy, some of Bowser's siblings and Baby Bowser. The stages were pretty good so I think Nintendo has good enough judgment for me not to say what I want as far as that. I was disappointed that they didn't have Tabuu's battlefield as a stage though. A better story line would be nice. I would like the old all star mode back. That's really all I can think of right now.
Way to discredit your whole post. If you think Pit is cheap you are doing it wrong.

Also, welcome to SWF and sorry for the harsh intro. I'd also like to hear the reasoning behind wanting any of those characters out (except I could understand Sonic/Snake on the basis that they aren't Nintendo characters).

And BTW: Kojima actually wanted Snake to be in Melee, he just didn't bring it up to Sakurai early enough in Melee's development so Nintendo didn't have time to implement him.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
@InferiorityComplex, Obviously he's a casual gamer, playing against a character whos attacks virtually are both inficting damage AND deflecting projectiles is cheap. If you dont know how to defeat a good pit player, hes about ten times harder than a simple mario character who has regular amount of jumps, and only two ways to block things.

As a casual gamer, i too say Pit is dificult to beat. In a sense he is cheap. Not unbeatable though.

Batman93

Smash Rookie
Way to discredit your whole post. If you think Pit is cheap you are doing it wrong.

Also, welcome to SWF and sorry for the harsh intro. I'd also like to hear the reasoning behind wanting any of those characters out (except I could understand Sonic/Snake on the basis that they aren't Nintendo characters).

And BTW: Kojima actually wanted Snake to be in Melee, he just didn't bring it up to Sakurai early enough in Melee's development so Nintendo didn't have time to implement him.
I know why snake is in it. I feel pit is cheap because he has 2 or 3 counters, 2 or 3 different ways of flying, he's extremely fast, he has 2 or 3 shields. It's self explanatory. Ice Climbers I just don't like I don't have a reason. Wolf is a clone. Kind Dedede I just don;t think he belongs. Captain Olimar is cool but he's boring. Lucas is another clone. We don't need 2 earthbound characters. umm sonic just plain pisses me off. the whole toon link young link thing is just an excuse for "we cant think of another good zelda series character to use so we'll use this". R.O.B is eh.

sandslash

Smash Apprentice
characters i would want would consist of these guys no particular order. I know most have 0% chance but this would be my wishlist.

Megaman
Earthworm Jim
HammerBro
Tails
Marawok
Donatello
Mojojojo
Goku
Aang
and of course Sandslash again i think the only real possiblity is megaman but i can dream right.

Also pit isnt cheap he's just defense oriented i feel like the character i wouldnt want back would be lucario whatever i do i suck with him. He just doesnt work with me i want mewtwo back.

Batman93

Smash Rookie
characters i would want would consist of these guys no particular order. I know most have 0% chance but this would be my wishlist.

Megaman
Earthworm Jim
HammerBro
Tails
Marawok
Donatello
Mojojojo
Goku
Aang
and of course Sandslash again i think the only real possiblity is megaman but i can dream right.

Also pit isnt cheap he's just defense oriented i feel like the character i wouldnt want back would be lucario whatever i do i suck with him. He just doesnt work with me i want mewtwo back.
seeing as lucario is my best character in brawl i have to defend him. Lucario is all about dodging. If you can't dodge you'll suck with him. All i have to say. Anyone can be good with any character though.

Rychu

Thane of Smashville
3DS FC
1908-0105-4965

Megaman
Earthworm Jim
HammerBro
Tails
Marawok
Donatello
Mojojojo
Goku
Aang

Wait, you want a Ninja Turtle, a Powerpuff Girls Villian, a DBZ character, AND the Avatar?
I like your style, kid :)

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Hehe well, Im just going to tell you this before any of the serious posters get back!
Dont mention anime characters to them!

Spydr Enzo

Smash Ace
Hehe well, Im just going to tell you this before any of the serious posters get back!
Dont mention anime characters to them!
Who are considered the "serious posters?" I'm assuming I'm one of them... :laugh:

I don't mind that anime characters were suggested because the poster acknowledged that the majority of the choices have no chance of happening and that Megaman was the only likely character on the list, which is true. I have actually encountered some people who think DBZ or Naruto will get a character because they've had games on Nintendo consoles. THOSE are the people that need help... poor souls.

On another subject, why do people think Toon Link will get cut? The only characters that I see with a potential of getting cut are Lucario, Ike, Sonic, and Snake (with Lucario being the only one I expect to see cut). Anyway, I don't think Toon Link will get cut. Many people tend to think he will get cut because he is a clone or because Young Link was cut from Brawl so it seems right that Toon Link will get cut. I'm going to provide my thoughts on Ike and Toon Link and why they have a potential of getting cut (or not getting cut).

TOON LINK

1) If Toon Link got cut because he is a clone then wouldn't characters like Falco and Lucas have a good reason to get cut too? Sure they are more diffrentiated from their character unlike Toon Link, but they are still clones. Also, unlike Falco and maybe Lucas a little bit, Toon Link actually has potential for an improved moveset which Sakurai may want to take advantage of in the next game. If he doesn't, then Toon Link is an easy throw-in character anyway.

2) Young Link was cut from Brawl so it seems right that Toon Link will be cut from SSB4? I don't think so. See, by the time Brawl came out, Young Link's time was up. His days were on the N64 with Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask. Then Windwaker came, Toon Link was introduced, and has been the star in several other well-known and popular Zelda games, most recently on handheld systems. I don't think his games will die anytime soon or anytime before SSB4, like Young Link died out before Brawl.

IKE

1) I really don't expect Ike to be cut. Fire Emblem seems to have the same deal as Pokemon but to a lesser extent. Representation for the original characters (Pikachu, Jigglypuff, Mewtwo, Pokemon Trainer, Marth) and "flavor of the month" representation (Pichu, Roy, Lucario, Ike). I think it is pretty likely that Ike's time is up. If we see another generation of Fire Emblem games that introduces a new Lord, the new Lord could replace Ike or appear alongside Ike and Marth. However, fans have clamored for Roy's return, so if Roy returns than he may appear alongside Ike and Marth, or if Roy returns and a new Lord os introduced, Ike is a goner. Four Fire Emblem reps is a bit much.

Fire Emblem is tricky... Anything could happen with the series.

Batman93

Smash Rookie
Who are considered the "serious posters?" I'm assuming I'm one of them... :laugh:

I don't mind that anime characters were suggested because the poster acknowledged that the majority of the choices have no chance of happening and that Megaman was the only likely character on the list, which is true. I have actually encountered some people who think DBZ or Naruto will get a character because they've had games on Nintendo consoles. THOSE are the people that need help... poor souls.

On another subject, why do people think Toon Link will get cut? The only characters that I see with a potential of getting cut are Lucario, Ike, Sonic, and Snake (with Lucario being the only one I expect to see cut). Anyway, I don't think Toon Link will get cut. Many people tend to think he will get cut because he is a clone or because Young Link was cut from Brawl so it seems right that Toon Link will get cut. I'm going to provide my thoughts on Ike and Toon Link and why they have a potential of getting cut (or not getting cut).

TOON LINK

1) If Toon Link got cut because he is a clone then wouldn't characters like Falco and Lucas have a good reason to get cut too? Sure they are more diffrentiated from their character unlike Toon Link, but they are still clones. Also, unlike Falco and maybe Lucas a little bit, Toon Link actually has potential for an improved moveset which Sakurai may want to take advantage of in the next game. If he doesn't, then Toon Link is an easy throw-in character anyway.

2) Young Link was cut from Brawl so it seems right that Toon Link will be cut from SSB4? I don't think so. See, by the time Brawl came out, Young Link's time was up. His days were on the N64 with Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask. Then Windwaker came, Toon Link was introduced, and has been the star in several other well-known and popular Zelda games, most recently on handheld systems. I don't think his games will die anytime soon or anytime before SSB4, like Young Link died out before Brawl.
nd a new Lord os introduced, Ike is a goner. Four Fire Emblem reps is a bit much.
I don't like your logic.

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
Hey everybody.

I've had so many thoughts on this subject ever since Brawl came out, and similar situation with Melee. I'm not gonna use different font sizes or colors to differentiate my subjects, but here are all of my thoughts character wise:

Those who I believe are leaving.

1) Lucario

Ahh. Lucario. He's an alright character. But he's moreorless in as a Mewtwoish gimmick. As the Pokemon series develops, and as we dwell into the 5th gen, there will be another pokemon that comes in and takes his place.

2) Toon Link (either that, or a major update)

Toon Link is nothing but a basic duplicate of Link. Yea, their moves do different s***, but you have two people on the roster named Link. The can try to fill that space in a different way. Either that, or give the other Link a completely revamped moveset. I never played a full Zelda game through, but I know he has a bunch of weapons that he can use, like maybe the fairy thing, or the wand in windwaker. You get me?

R.O.B

R.O.B's only appearence by Nintendo was as a little friend to play two player games with. He wasn't in any video games before brawl. He has moreorless NO derivity from his moves. Nintendo doesn't even manufacture any Robot Operating Buddies anymore. So get this loser off of the roster.

(I would've said Pit, if the new game wasn't coming out. Well played Pit. Well played.)

Those who I believe should join, and their ideal moveset.
*I'm not gonna do hitboxes or precentages or stuff like that. Too lazy*
Bowser Jr.

Bowser Jr. is an ideal character for the game. He couldn't possibly be a clone of Bowser, being much smaller and faster. And he has a paintbrush. That can make him much more different of a moveset than Bowser.

Jab:
Bowser Jr can headbutt the opponent twice, similarly to Olimar.
F Tilt:
Bowser Jr can smack the opponent with the stick of his brush.
U Tilt:
He can do something similar to DK's u tilt with his brush.
D Tilt
He can sweep with the back of his brush. Can go under shields.
F Smash
He can stab with his paintbrush.
U Smash
Moreorless the same thing as Bowsers, except he spins in the air, causing multiple hits.
D Smash
He creates a splotch in the ground. If somebody steps into the splotch, they get poisoned. Poison sticks longer depending on how long held.
N Air
Sex Kick with the brush.
F Air
Fast spike, similar to DK's, swinging from top to bottom.
B Air
Powerfully thrusts brush back. Similar to Fox's back air.
U Air
Juggler. He can just brush the paintbrush back and forth for a while above him.
D Air
U air, except below him.
Special
Chargeable. He charges up sticky paint. The sticky paint sticks to the person and deals damage. Charge changes distance launched and duration of paint sticking onto person.
Foward Special
Throws paint to the side, physically hitting the opponent (with hitstun)
Down Special
Same as foward, but directly below.
Up Special.
Same as Bowsers, except higher, and less distance horizontally.
Grab
Just a basic grab.
Grab jab
Headbutts.
Foward Throw
Tosses opponent up a little, and whacks them with the paintbrush. Much knockback at around 110%.
Back Throw
Throws opponent on his spikes, sending them back.
Up Throw
Same as back throw, but upward.
Down Throw
Hits opponent like a golf ball.

I have more, and I'll update the post tomorrow. I have to catch some sleep.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
@SpydrEnzo

Toon Link probably wont get cut, its sad that such an awesome character will have to be a "throw in" character. That sucks, it sucks that any character is a throw in character.

Anyways, Lucario is the only one who will most likely be cut. R.O.B. has a possability i guess. But unlikely.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Just to sitr some controvesy, here are the characters who I think are "throw-in" characters...

- Dr. Mario (in Melee and possibly in Brawl if he was added)
- Falco (only in Melee)
- Ganondorf (only in Melee)
- Jigglypuff (possibly in Melee and Brawl)
- Mewtwo (possibly in Brawl)
- Mr. Game & Watch (possibly in Brawl)
- Ness (in Melee because Mother 3 was cancelled and possibly in Brawl)
- Pichu (in Melee)
- Roy (in Melee and possibly in Brawl if he was added)
- Sonic (in Brawl, he was most likely the reason why Brawl was delayed in the first place)
- Toon Link (in Brawl to replace Young Link)
- Toon Zelda / Toon Sheik (in Brawl if they were added)
- Wolf (in Brawl)
- Young Link (in Melee)

ToiseOfChoice

Smash Ace
@Toise, Awesome. I really enjoy reading these for some crazy reason. Im also saving them in a word document, because i know in a year or so someone will bring it up and we'll be doing this all over again! When i first read the few about jiggly, i didnt rememeber that purin mean pudding so... I was VERY confused.

Me too, buddy, Me too.

So Far we have:
Megaman
Claus
Geno
Tetris Block

It was actually Jiggs love, not hate. And you forgot K. Rool, plus it's always worthwhile to see what people were saying about the Melee/Brawl playable characters.

You should be able to save these just by keeping track of all the links to each individual post. If you're saving it to your computer though, I guess you could save the posts themselves too.

Anyway, Day 2:

Posts 21-30

21. Pretty sure he's asking for music from a GBC game called Card Hero (was JP only and made by Metroid's Yoshio Sakamoto)
22. Mentions excitement for Meta Knight, asks for Lucas, likes Roy Marth and Ness, was worried about a new game but relieved to hear Sakurai's in charge
23. Asking for the K. Rool fight theme and Bramble Blast, might also be asking for Gangplank Galleon itself, not sure
24. Digs the new characters from the trailer and generally excited for the game
25. Asks for King Dedede and Sigurd, think he wants Ridley as well but not as bad as the other two
26. Mentions the F-Zero anime and using the Captain Falcon VA from there (Hideyuki Tanaka) and sounds like he wants Black Shadow as well
27. Talks a lot about Meta Knight, loves exclamation marks
28. Excited for Meta Knight and I think he's saying that the trailer convinced him to buy a Wii in time for the game

29. Asks for more large stages like Hyrule Temple, mentions Tallon IV and Aether, and I think he's suggesting either Chozo Ruins (more likely) or Chozodia (which I only assume since he mentions ZSS, but it might just be in the context of more Metroid content in general)
30. Talks about how nuts the Nintendog is and some stuff about Snake in a box; Sakurai's response is about how the dog is frustrating but just too darn cute

Posts 31-40

31. Excited for the game, says they'll definitely be buying it
32. This is the guy who suggests Professor Kawashima (the Brain Age floating head), think he's suggesting it'd make a good joke/gimmick fighter
33. Just a big "thank you" to Sakurai for making the game
34. Think this person talks about how they used to play Kirby in SSB64, then had a hard time with him in Melee so they tried Marth and loved him, sounds like they got into Fire Emblem as a result
35. Talks a lot about how they love playing as Zelda, also mentions using Pikachu as well
36. "Favorite Drink: hot chocolate" (I'm assuming Sakurai had "what's your favorite drink?" somewhere on the form now)
37. More excitement for the game and appreciates Sakurai and his team for making it happen
38. A transcription of dialogue between two people about Kirby series stuff (stoked for Meta Knight, hopes for King Dedede, suggests a stage based off of Nova from Milky Way Wishes)
39. Really brief, sounds like they want the Marx fight song from KSS
40. Asks Sakurai if any anime characters will get in; Sakurai's response is no, he then talks about the requirements for 3rd-parties and suggests that there will probably be one or two more new ones

And here's the SamuraiPanda link again. Note that Sakurai's response to Post 40 is the source for the two standard 3rd-party requirements that we're all so familiar with ("must be a video game character originally," "must have appeared on a Nintendo console").

DekuBoy

Smash Lord
A stage based on Nova sounds too cool. Maybe he'll develop a new Smash on 3DS now that he's used to it? After all Nintendo would love a killer app like Smash Bros on their console.

Batman93

Smash Rookie
Hey everybody.

1) Lucario

Ahh. Lucario. He's an alright character. But he's moreorless in as a Mewtwoish gimmick. As the Pokemon series develops, and as we dwell into the 5th gen, there will be another pokemon that comes in and takes his place.
That doesn't make sense. Lucario is the perfect fighting Pokemon for the game. Yea he replaced Mewtwo, but he's not the same "gimmick" as him.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
ssb4: i dont care much for characters that get taken out or which new ones go in (providing ike stays, that is)
i reckon a cool gameplay changer to add would be the ability for characters with tether grabs to be able to have a normal grab aswell, no idea how they would *** it though, maybe making shieldgrab a non-tether for characters like samus and link, lets face it, samus and zss really want a non-tether grab because their grab's are so god-awful
also they need to remove autocancel aerial's, give them at least a little bit of landing lag, honestly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom