• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Official SSB4 Discussion] --- Nintendo announces 2 new Smash games!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crewx

Smash Rookie
Thinking of things... My top choices are likely Bowser Jr(perhaps with a Dark Mario transformation from Sunshine), Krystal and General Scales(Admit it, he would be cool), and a new P. Trainer with Johto Pokes. Oh, and bring back Mewtwo.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
When it comes to StarFox, its either Krystal or NO NEW STARFOX. Panther.... he doesn't even matter. At least Krystal has a realitivly important roll in StarFox..

Rychu

Thane of Smashville
3DS FC
1908-0105-4965
Smash needs moar Slippy Toad and (mario series) Toad

Moogi

Smash Apprentice
More info about Meowth:
Stuff

And Slowking:
Moar Stuff
Both sets are interesting! My only main problem is the 'similar to' parts, but even then, same could be said for many Brawl movesets. *thumbs up*

Ok, Krystal's doable but I still want to see Leon (from the original Star Wolf team).
HECK YES. As much as Krystal has potential for moves *cough*Palutena'sstaffisbetter*cough*, it'd be neat to see another ninja-like character. Although, wouldn't he be a clone? Or does he have set potential? *never played any Star Foxes excluding 64 and... Command *shudder**

ryuu seika

Smash Master
Command sucked and I've not played anything before 64 so I don't really know but as a Chameleon he'd surely get some invisibility move added at the very least. For the most part he would probably be a clone though.

I'm starting to see him as Fox + Mewtwo TBH.

hippochinfat!!

Smash Lord
why dont they put spiderman in? he would be sick, up B would be shootin a web to recover. and he cud use his web balls and final smash cud be spidey senses

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Because you can play as him in the Marvel vs. Capcom series.

Moogi

Smash Apprentice
why dont they put spiderman in? he would be sick, up B would be shootin a web to recover. and he cud use his web balls and final smash cud be spidey senses
lolwut
10whutisthis'

Command sucked and I've not played anything before 64 so I don't really know but as a Chameleon he'd surely get some invisibility move added at the very least. For the most part he would probably be a clone though.

I'm starting to see him as Fox + Mewtwo TBH.
Fox and Mewtwo hybrid... iiiiinnteresting.....

but 99% says Sakurai would make him a clone. /end rant

hippochinfat!!

Smash Lord
yeah but this is smash bros u ******, spiderman would be SICK as well if they put him w/ people like bowser. hed ****in web around the stage, its like if ivysaur had spiderwebs lmao. wud be sick tho.

Moogi

Smash Apprentice

Jaklub

Smash Journeyman
Fitting is not .
Before SSB64, would you say Mario, Link, Samus and Pikachu fit in one game? ;p

UberMario

Smash Master
So why do we need Mega Man in Smash if he is playable in the Marvel vs. Capcom games? :psycho:
To replace Samus.

Since Sonic got in Brawl, Megaman is BY FAR the most wanted 3rd party character, and easily in the top 4 most wanted newcomers, alongside King K. Rool, Krystal, and Ridley.

@Jaklub: Mario, Link, and Samus all appeared in Super Mario RPG. :p Pokemon wasn't popular enough yet to make a cameo back then.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Since Sonic got in Brawl, Megaman is BY FAR the most wanted 3rd party character, and easily in the top 4 most wanted newcomers, alongside King K. Rool, Krystal, and Ridley.
Top 4 most voted for on my poll:
1. Isaac (122 votes)
2. Megaman (114 votes)
3. Krystal (104 votes)
4. Mewtwo (103 votes)

I had 98 votes for K. Rool and 97 votes for Ridley :p

bro trust me, u REALLY dont wanna talk **** 2 me...seriously.

why dont u want spiderman in ssb4? he would be sick as hell u tard.
Seriously, this is a SSB4 forum, calm down >.>

He can't ever be in Brawl... Sakurai said it himself. The character must be originally from a video game.

Trust me "Bro" you aren't scaring anyone >.>

DekuBoy

Smash Lord
Poor shortie has never been beaten up over the internet. :)

But no offense shortie I think that your poll needs to be spread further before we can make any true assumptions from it.

UberMario

Smash Master
Two things, Mewtwo isn't a newcomer and I've yet to see a site where Isaac dominated the hype list like that. :p

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I can't believe I'm saying this, but I wish Toise was here.

UberMario

Smash Master
bro trust me, u REALLY dont wanna talk **** 2 me...seriously.

why dont u want spiderman in ssb4? he would be sick as hell u tard.

Seriously, isn't it obvious why Spiderman isn't getting in? Comic characters and "anime-first" series will NOT get into Super Smash Bros. Besides, you have to be realistic, there are only about FIVE truly 3rd party companies that are viable due to demand, monetary reasons, and corporate relations:

1. Konami
-Literally went out of their way to get into Brawl
-They have most of their Castlevania games on Nintendo systems
-They own Metal Gear, Bomberman, and Castlevania, three series that are viable in Smash.

2. Sega
-Has made more games exclusive to Nintendo systems than for Microsoft and Sony combined, it's actually more comparable to the amount of games Sega made for themselves. 0_o
-Owns Sonic [obviously] aswell as many other series that are viable in Smash (as music choices or otherwise).

3. Capcom
-Has the most wanted 3rd party newcomer (Megaman)
-Most of their games came out on Nintendo systems
-They own Megaman and Street Fighter, two viable Smash series, aswell as one of the largest song pools of any 3rd party brand.
-Most likely 3rd party company to JOIN the fray.

4. Square-Enix
-While a distant 4th, they have plenty of games series that could work in Smash, such as Final Fantasy and Chrono.
-Except for their more graphically intense games, the majority of Square games have come on Nintendo systems, including recently on the Game Boy Advance, DS, and Wii platforms, and apparently they are going to be bringing quite a few of their series to the 3DS aswell.
-Like Capcom, they ave a huge pool of music choices

5. Namco
-Pac-Man games have been on Nintendo systems more than on any other brand
-Mario and Pac-Man have already been in the same game series MORE than once, in Mario Kart Arcade GP, made by Namco
-Pac-Man is getting a new Wii-exclusive game
-Pac-Man is one of the most wanted 3rd party characters not made by the above four companies

Moogi

Smash Apprentice

lol so true

Seriously, isn't it obvious why Spiderman isn't getting in? Comic characters and "anime-first" series will NOT get into Super Smash Bros. Besides, you have to be realistic, there are only about FIVE truly 3rd party companies that are viable due to demand, monetary reasons, and corporate relations:

1. Konami
-Literally went out of their way to get into Brawl
-They have most of their Castlevania games on Nintendo systems -This is true, although most console games are on the 360/PS3 (unless you want to count Judgement)
-They own Metal Gear, Bomberman, and Castlevania, three series that are viable in Smash. -Also true, but Bomberman could almost be considered separate due to Hudson being a co-company to Konami

2. Sega
-Has made more games exclusive to Nintendo systems than for Microsoft and Sony combined, it's actually more comparable to the amount of games Sega made for themselves. 0_o -This is semi-debatable, seeing as the Wii missed out on Sonic 06 (oh wait...), Free Riders (only for Kinect for obvious reasons), and SA1 via download (but apparently it sucks). Okay, I just contradicted myself, but otherwise yes, most Sonic games are on the Wii/DS
-Owns Sonic [obviously] aswell as many other series that are viable in Smash (as music choices or otherwise). NiGHTS :D /shot'd

3. Capcom
-Has the most wanted 3rd party newcomer (Megaman)
-Most of their games came out on Nintendo systems Very, very true; only Legends 2 and Tron Bonne, The Wily Wars and most of the X games were never on Nintendo consoles IIRC (it's a good list otherwise)
-They own Megaman and Street Fighter, two viable Smash series, aswell as one of the largest song pools of any 3rd party series.
-Most likely 3rd party company to JOIN the fray. ORLY? /sarcasm

4. Square-Enix
-While a distant 4th, they have plenty of games series that could work in Smash, such as Final Fantasy and Chrono. Final Fantasy is a major iffy now, but Crono would work favourably
-Except for their more graphically intense games, the majority of Square games have come on Nintendo systems, including recently on the Game Boy Advance, DS, and Wii platforms, and apparently they are going to be bringing quite a few of their series to the 3DS aswell. Good point, since it isn't necessary to represent just Final Fantasy; although Kingdom Hearts probably wouldn't work at all
-Like Capcom, they ave a huge pool of music choices Not that it matters, but sure xD

5. Namco
-Pac-Man games have been on Nintendo systems more than on any other brand
-Mario and Pac-Man have already been in the same game series MORE than once, in Mario Kart Arcade GP, made by Namco I'm probably the only other person who knows this :p
-Pac-Man is getting a new Wii-exclusive game
-Pac-Man is one of the highest 3rd party characters not made by the above four companies Pac-Man's only big problem is being... slightly obscure, which is why many people consider Lloyd over him.
Comments in Purple

UberMario

Smash Master
[@Moogi]

-Sonic Adventure was actually [exclusively back then] ported to the Gamecube with Game Gear games, bonus features, and artwork, so Nintendo actually got Sonic Adventure before PS3/360 did, and neither of those two got the bonuses. :p

-I was referring to the "Mage days" of Final Fantasy, like on the NES/SNES.

-Megaman X1-3 were all on the SNES, and X4-6 were ported to the Gamecube (and PS2). However, X7 and X8 still haven't been shown on a Nintendo system.
-Wily Wars was a NES-to-Genesis port of several of the early games, however it did have a "Wily Tower game", so I guess I that counts.
-While Legends 2 was not on a Nintendo system, Legends 3 seems like it will be an EXCLUSIVE, possibly meaning Capcom has plans to add the first two [and the Misadventures of Tron Bonne] to the 3DS aswell.

Moogi

Smash Apprentice
[@Moogi]

-Sonic Adventure was actually [exclusively back then] ported to the Gamecube with Game Gear games, bonus features, and artwork, so Nintendo actually got Sonic Adventure before PS3/360 did, and neither of those two got the bonuses. :p

-I was referring to the "Mage days" of Final Fantasy, like on the NES/SNES.

-Megaman X1-3 were all on the SNES, and X4-6 were ported to the Gamecube (and PS2). However, X7 and X8 still haven't been shown on a Nintendo system.
-Wily Wars was a NES-to-Genesis port of several of the early games, however it did have a "Wily Tower game", so I guess I that counts.
-While Legends 2 was not on a Nintendo system, Legends 3 seems like it will be an EXCLUSIVE, possibly meaning Capcom has plans to add the first two [and the Misadventures of Tron Bonne] to the 3DS aswell.
-I knew about the port but... oh well, I guess I was just fixated on Current Gen consoles. :p

-I also knew this, but... I have no excuses. I only consider Chrono better because it is more Nintendo exclusive than Final Fantasy (even if we don't think about Chrono Cross)

-Fair enough
-^
-That would be epic. Just, epic.

UberMario

Smash Master
I also forgot to mention, Square-Enix has already had TWO different Nintendo crossovers, and so did Namco, Capcom made several aswell:

Square-Enix:

Itadaki Street DS (Mario vs. Dragon Quest)
Mario Hoops 3-on-3 (Mario vs. Final Fantasy)

Namco:
Mario Kart Arcade GP 1 & 2 (Mario vs. Pacman)
Soul Caliber II ([Legend of Zelda] Link vs. Soul Caliber)

Capcom:
Megamn Battle Network 1-3 (A Pikachu-skin rug can be found in a room . . . . . supposedly. I'm guessing they are referring to the striping and colors)
Megaman Battle Network 3 (Mario's outfit is hanging in a room)

EDIT:

Also:

Konami:

Wario Blast Featuring Bomberman! (Guess)

Moogi

Smash Apprentice
I also forgot to mention, Square-Enix has already had TWO different Nintendo crossovers, and so did Namco:

Square-Enix:

Itadaki Street DS (Mario vs. Dragon Quest) Almost forgot about it; as much as Slime would be a good representative, he wouldn't work in Smash (Sakurai sez: charactorz must has armz pl0x) /fail impression
Mario Hoops 3-on-3 (Mario vs. Final Fantasy) Black Mage, anyone?

Namco:
Mario Kart Arcade GP 1 & 2 (Mario vs. Pacman) Too bad it didn't get an American release... :p
Soul Caliber II ([Legend of Zelda] Link vs. Soul Caliber)Yup, not much to say here. Speaking of crossovers, Link was apparently supposed to be in Marvel: Ultimate Alliances but was removed... not that it proves the chances of Marvel characters in Smash, but I can see why Ninty wouldn't want him in xP
Comments in Purple once again. Also never knew about the Nintendo references in Battle Network. /PIKAMURDERERS D:

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Sorry I can't be a walking advertisement D:

I've done it once, and I'll do it again. I don't see why Sakurai doesn't take advantage of this whole third party thing? I mean adding third party characters brings in more new fans right? I mean he has to have tons of companies knocking at his door. I hope to see at least two more thid parties. Preferable Megaman and someone else that's worthy.

Personally I love Bomberman :3 But he has the whole Konami thing that could pose as a potential road block..

So if this is true, I would hope the fourth company would be Square Enix. However I have no clue who would rep it. Hopefully Blackmage or....dare I say it.... Sora :p

Moogi

Smash Apprentice
Sorry I can't be a walking advertisement D:

I've done it once, and I'll do it again. I don't see why Sakurai doesn't take advantage of this whole third party thing? I mean adding third party characters brings in more new fans right? I mean he has to have tons of companies knocking at his door. I hope to see at least two more thid parties. Preferable Megaman and someone else that's worthy.

Personally I love Bomberman :3 But he has the whole Konami thing that could pose as a potential road block..

So if this is true, I would hope the fourth company would be Square Enix. However I have no clue who would rep it. Hopefully Blackmage or....dare I say it.... Sora :p
The main problem is that Smash is also known as 'Nintendo All-Stars'. Many people wouldn't want there being so many 3rd Parties they practically overshadow the 1st/2nd party. I have no problem with them, but it also seems Sakurai only adds 3rd parties not only for the requirements needed, but it's either:

1. HUGE fan demand (Sonic)
OR
2. Confronted by the maker of a series and requests them to be in Brawl (Snake)

I'd rather Sakurai actually asked the makers himself, as opposed to vice versa, but... meh. Also, he never mentioned any other companies requesting characters at all. (for example, Megaman's creator (who's name slips my mind), claimed he wanted to see Megaman in Brawl, but it seemed as if he was waiting for Sakurai to ask.)

TBH, if companies got more than one character in, I'd be fine, as long as they're from separate series. So, instead of Tails or Knuckles, we might get NiGHTS, and instead of... Gray Fox(?), we might get Simon Belmont. Seeing how Hudson is only a sub-domain of Konami, I don't think he'd count as Konami's, but as Hudson's.

WHAT THE FU-BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM........

Sorry, I overreacted. He'd be okay, especially with his 3DS KH remake, but then there's Disney...

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
The main problem is that Smash is also known as 'Nintendo All-Stars'. Many people wouldn't want there being so many 3rd Parties they practically overshadow the 1st/2nd party. I have no problem with them, but it also seems Sakurai only adds 3rd parties not only for the requirements needed, but it's either:

1. HUGE fan demand (Sonic)
OR
2. Confronted by the maker of a series and requests them to be in Brawl (Snake)

I'd rather Sakurai actually asked the makers himself, as opposed to vice versa, but... meh. Also, he never mentioned any other companies requesting characters at all. (for example, Megaman's creator (who's name slips my mind), claimed he wanted to see Megaman in Brawl, but it seemed as if he was waiting for Sakurai to ask.)

I don't think he'd count as Konami's, but as Hudson's.
I feel like it's Sakurai's duty more so to ask rather than wait for someone to ask... I mean you don't plan a party and just wait for people to ask to come. :p Plus Bomberman's cocept came from Hudson not Konami.

As for Sora, does disney even have any of its hands on his rights? We know square loves there precious creations! *points to Geno*

>.> Don't even get me started on Geno :p And here is where I stand on everyone's favorite Konami character... Simon Belmont... I guess I am THE ONLY person here who hasnt played Castlevania...

So long as we get the recent version of Simon Belmont (The Redhead) then I will try my best to keep my mouth closed. The other one that looks like Zangeifs overweight brother can stay out of smash...

Moogi

Smash Apprentice
I feel like it's Sakurai's duty more so to ask rather than wait for someone to ask... I mean you don't plan a party and just wait for people to ask to come. :p Plus Bomberman's cocept came from Hudson not Konami.

As for Sora, does disney even have any of its hands on his rights? We know square loves there precious creations! *points to Geno*

>.> Don't even get me started on Geno :p And here is where I stand on everyone's favorite Konami character... Simon Belmont... I guess I am THE ONLY person here who hasnt played Castlevania...

So long as we get the recent version of Simon Belmont (The Redhead) then I will try my best to keep my mouth closed. The other one that looks like Zangeifs overweight brother can stay out of smash...
I agree, especially when Sakurai is losing character potential due to the fact he's waiting for everyone to ask him about everything. Lazy bum... xD

Sora... well, I think Disney does have rights to him. I mean, look at all the Disney characters appearing in the games! Even if he got in Smash, it'd either be plenty of copyright issues, or they'd have to remove any mentions of Disney characters... >.<

I hate Geno. He's so freaking overrated it's stupid. How'd Mario RPG get popular again? /opinionsopinions

I guess so. :p
Alucard is also a popular choice, but he spends more time on PS/Xbox as opposed to Ninty consoles. Besides, I may be wrong, but Simon Belmont hasn't been on consoles other than Ninty's at all. (even if, it was only once or twice) Also, there's so many different versions of Simon, they'd may as well all be Alt. Costumes. :p

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I agree, especially when Sakurai is losing character potential due to the fact he's waiting for everyone to ask him about everything. Lazy bum... xD

Sora... well, I think Disney does have rights to him. I mean, look at all the Disney characters appearing in the games! Even if he got in Smash, it'd either be plenty of copyright issues, or they'd have to remove any mentions of Disney characters... >.<

I hate Geno. He's so freaking overrated it's stupid. How'd Mario RPG get popular again? /opinionsopinions
Well that wouldnt work well! I mean Sora would have to have trophies, which would revolve around many Disney characters. Final Fantasy is probably a better bet I suppose.

As for geno, I like him. I played Super Mario RPG because of his hype on Nsider. He is interesting, and has that sort of mysterious appeal. But at the same time I feel like there is a sort of "Line" I guess you could call it that third party characters must wait in. And characters like Megaman are ahead of him. Don't get me wrong I like super mario rpg and all but, its pretty outdated, and at least Megaman/Bomberman/Black Mage ect have been updated as the years pass. Where the last we saw of Geno was a cameo in Mario and Luigi Super Star Saga.

Not that all character updates are good coughcoughBombermanactzerocoughcough

Moogi

Smash Apprentice
Well that wouldnt work well! I mean Sora would have to have trophies, which would revolve around many Disney characters. Final Fantasy is probably a better bet I suppose.

As for geno, I like him. I played Super Mario RPG because of his hype on Nsider. He is interesting, and has that sort of mysterious appeal. But at the same time I feel like there is a sort of "Line" I guess you could call it that third party characters must wait in. And characters like Megaman are ahead of him. Don't get me wrong I like super mario rpg and all but, its pretty outdated, and at least Megaman/Bomberman/Black Mage ect have been updated as the years pass. Where the last we saw of Geno was a cameo in Mario and Luigi Super Star Saga.

Not that all character updates are good coughcoughBombermanactzerocoughcough
True that. Unless we want Disney's logo on the front of the cover, FF it is. :p

Okay, I once again over-exaggerated again. I mean, Geno's alright; he's 'mysterious' and all, but, as you said, he isn't really 'important.' There's plenty of Squeenix characters that have priority over him nowadays. If Smash 4 had DLC, I wouldn't actually mind seeing Geno, but as a character with less priority than even the ICs that could easily have been used for a highly important character? No.

EDIT: Holy smokes ._. What the heck happened to Act Zero Bomberman? HE'S... CREEPY. JUST. CREEPY.

UberMario

Smash Master
[collapse=Collapsed due to the size]
I decided to see how some of the most wanted 3rd party characters stack up in their "Nintendocity levels", or basically how many of their games have come on Nintendo systems:

=========================
METAL GEAR
Original:
-Metal Gear: Snake's Revenge (NES exclusive, but that's because it's the "Black Sheep" of the series)
-Metal Gear Solid (GBC exclusive, closer to the original MSX games in style)
Ported:
-Metal Gear (MSX-to-NES)
-Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake (MSX-to-NES)
-Metal Gear Solid (Playstation-to-Gamecube)
-Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater (Playstation 2-to-3DS)
Never released on a Nintendo system:
-Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty
-Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots (special note, a song in this game was "leaked" in Brawl, a game that came out 6 months earlier)
-Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops [PSP]
-Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker [PSP]
-Metal Gear Solid: Mobile [Mobile/N-Gage]
-Metal Gear Solid: Touch [iPhone]
-Metal Gear Acid [PSP]
-Metal Gear Acid 2 [PSP]
-Metal Gear Online

Games exclusively released on Nintendo systems: 2
Games released on a Nintendo system FIRST: 0 . . . . .
Games ported to a Nintendo system: 4
Games that have yet to be on a Nintendo system: 9

It's fair to say the only reason he got in was due to their own companies demand to do so, rather than the amount of games made for Nintendo systems.

Sonic the Hedgehog

Original:
GBA:
-Sonic Advance (Only "Sonic Advance" game not exclusive, it came out for the N-Gage too)
-Sonic Advance 2
-Sonic Advance 3
-Sonic Battle
-Sonic Pinball Party
Gamecube:
-Sonic Heroes
-Shadow the Hedgehog
-Sonic Riders
DS:
-Sonic Rush
-Sonic Rush: Adventure
-Sonic Chronicles: The Dark Brotherhood
Wii:
-Sonic & The Secret Rings
-Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games (obviously, these two are exclusive, as is the one above)
-Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Winter Games
-Sonic Riders: Zero Gravity
-Sonic and the Black Knight (exclusive)
-Sonic Unleashed
-Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing
-Sonic Colos (exclusive, coming soon)

Ported:
-Sonic the Hedgehog [Genesis-to-Gamecube, Wii, GBA, and DS]
-Sonic the Hedgehog [Game Gear-to-Gamecube, Master-to-Wii]
-Sonic the Hedgehog 2 [Genesis-to-Gamecube, Wii, and DS]
-Sonic the Hedgehog 2 [Game Gear-to-Gamecube, Master-to-Wii]
-Sonic the Hedgehog CD [Sega CD-to-Gamecube]
-Sonic the Hedgehog 3 [Genesis-to-Gamecube and Wii]
-Sonic & Knuckles [Genesis-to-Gamecube and Wii]
-Sonic Spinball [Genesis-to-Gamecube and Wii]
-Sonic Chaos [Game Gear-to-Gamecube, Master-to-Wii]
-Sonic Triple Trouble [Game Gear-to-Gamecube]
-Sonic Blast [Game Gear-to-Gamecube]
-Sonic Spinball [Game Gear-to-Gamecube]
-Sonic Drift [Game Gear-to-Gamecube]
-Sonic Drift 2 [Game Gear-to-Gamecube]
-Sonic Labyrinth [Game Gear-to-Gamecube]
-Tails Adventure [Game Gear-to-Gamecube]
-Tails' Skypatrol [Game Gear-to-Gamecube]
-Sonic 3D Blast [Sega Genesis-to-Gamecube and Wii]
-Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine [Genesis-to-Gamecube and Wii]
-Sonic R [Saturn-to-Gamecube]
-Sonic Adventure [Saturn-to-Gamecube]
-Sonic Adventure 2 [Saturn-to-Gamecube]
-Sonic the Fighters [Arcade-to-Gamecube]

NOT ported to a Nintendo system:
-Sonic Eraser [Japan-Only]
-Sonic the Hedgehog's Gameworld [kids game]
-Tails and the Music Maker [kids game]
-Knuckles' Chaotix [Sega 32X]
-Sonic Jam [Saturn, ports of the originals, plus a 3D hub]
-Sonic Shuffle [Dreamcast, card game]
-Sonic's Schoolhouse [kids game, PC]
-Sonic the Hedgehog: Pocket Adventure [Neo Geo Pocket Color, sounded like a good game TBH]
-Sonic Rivals [PSP]
-Sonic Rivals 2 [PSP]
-Sonic '06 [PS3/360]
-Sonic the Cosmo Galaxy Fighter Patrol (Japan-only, Arcade-only, and with a name like that I'm not surprised why it never came over. >_>)
-Sonic's Space Tours (Japan-only, Arcade-only)
-Sonic: UFO Mini (Jo, Ao, don't ask)
-Sonic the Hedgehog Arcade (Jo, Ao)
-Sonic's Popcorn Shop (Jo, Ao, WTF?)
-Sonic CR (Jo, Ao)
-Sonic & Tails Spinner (Jo, Ao)
*bunch of obscure, flash-based mobile games*

Games exclusively released on Nintendo systems: 12
Games released on a Nintendo system FIRST: 7
Games ported to a Nintendo system: 24
Games that have yet to be on a Nintendo system: 18 (only 29%, including arcade-only games)

With the fall of Sega's consoles, I think Nintendo is an ironic, but fitting console to be considered a "new home turf".

MEGAMAN (Capcom)
Original:
NES:
-Mega Man
-Mega Man 2
-Mega Man 3
-Mega Man 4
-Mega Man 5
-Mega Man 6
-Wily & Light MegaBoard: That's Paradise [Itadaki Clone, Japan only]
Game Boy (These are TOTALLY different games from the NES, only sharing bosses and mechanics)
-Mega Man in Dr. Wily's Revenge
-Mega Man II
-Mega Man III
-Mega Man IV
-Mega Man V
Game Boy Color:
-Mega Man Xtreme
-Mega Man Xtreme 2
SNES:
-Mega Man 7
-Mega Man & Bass
-Mega Man Soccer
-Mega Man X
-Mega Man X2
-Mega Man X3
Game Boy Advance:
-Mega Man Battle Network
-Mega Man Battle Network 2
-Mega Man Battle Network 3: Blue
-Mega Man Battle Network 3: White
-Mega Man Battle Network 4: Red Sun
-Mega Man Battle Network 4: Blue Moon (I guess they tried to go Pokemon with this series)
-Mega Man Battle Network 4.5: Real Operation (lol @ 4.5, supposedly a Japan-exlusive side story)
-Mega Man Battle Network 5: Team Protoman
-Mega Man Battle Network 5: Team Colonel
-Mega Man Battle Network 5: Double Team
-Mega Man Battle Network 6: Cybeast Falzar
-Mega Man Battle Network 6: Cybeast Gregar (WTF is up with all these freaking MMBN titles? MM collectors are pretty much ****ed up because of all these freaking low-supply, frequently Japan-only games in this ENTIRE franchise_
-Mega Man Battle Chip Challenge (this is the only GBA game NOT exclusive to Nintendo, there was a Wonderswan version)
-Mega Man Zero
-Mega Man Zero 2
-Mega Man Zero 3
-Mega Man Zero 4
Gamecube:
-Mega Man: Network Transmission (Gamecube exclusive)
DS:
-Mega Man ZX
-Mega Man ZX: Advent
-Mega Man Star Force: Pegasus
-Mega Man Star Force: Leo
-Mega Man Star Force: Dragon
-Mega Man Star Force 2: Zerker x Saurian
-Mega Man Star Force 2: Zerker x Ninja
-Mega Man Star Force 3: Black Ace
-Mega Man Star Force 3: Red Joker (I swear, Capcom is bent on making it's fans broke)
Wii:
-Mega Man 9
-Mega Man 10

Ported:
-Mega Man Legends [from Playstation-to-Nintendo 64, released as Megaman 64]
-Mega Man 8 [from Playstation-to-Gamecube]
-Mega Man X4 [from Playstation-to-Gamecube]
-Mega Man X5 [from Playstation-to-Gamecube]
-Mega Man X6 [from Playstation-to-Gamecube]
-Mega Man: Battle & Chase [from Playstation-to-Gamecube]
-Mega Man: The Power Battle [from Arcade-to-Gamecube]
-Mega Man 2: The Power Fighters [from Arcade-to-Gamecube]

NOT on a Nintendo system:
-Mega Man X7 [Playstation 2-only]
-Mega Man X8 [Playstation 2-only]
-Mega Man [Game Gear, never re-released . . . . . . (oddly, US exclusive)]
-Mega Man Battle Network: Wonderswan [Wonderswan, never re-released, Japan-only . . . . . . ]
-Mega Man & Bass: Challenger from the Future [Wonderswan, never re-released, Japan-only . . . . .]
-Mega Man: Battle & Fighters [Neo Geo Pocket Color, never re-released, Japan-only *hopes for GG, WS, and NGPC to come to the 3DS VC*]
-Mega Man: Wily Tower [Genesis]
-Mega Man: Super Adventure [Playstation/Saturn exclusive, one of those "all cutscenes" games, so bad it was not released internationaly)
-Mega Man: Powered Up [Chibi PSP revamp of the original game]
-Mega Man Legends 2 [Playstation-only, unless you count the PSP, Japan-only remake]
-Mega Man Legends: 5-Island Adventure [Mobile-only, probably could be best described as a Japanese-exclusive Mega Man Legends 1.5]
-The Misadventures of Tron Bonne [basically, Mega Man Legends 0]
-Mega Man Battle Network: The Medal Operation [Japan-only, Mobile-only]
-Mega Man Battle Network: Legend of Network [Japan-only Mobile-only]
-Mega Man Battle Network: Battle Chip Stadium [Japan-only, Arcade-only]
*huge load of quirky minigames for the Mobile phone*

Games exclusively released on Nintendo systems: 36 (roughly 50% of all the Megaman games, not counting several of the minor Mobile minigames)
Games released on a Nintendo system FIRST: 13
Games ported to a Nintendo system: 8
Games that have yet to be on a Nintendo system: 16

I think it's safe to say Megaman can be considered to be MOSTLY a Nintendo [3rd party] character. lol

Castlevania (Konami)

Probably not genuinely considered a Nintendo-y series now by some, but the company's systems still hold the majority of the series:

Original:
NES:
-Castlevania
-Castlevania II: Simon's Quest [Nintendo-exclusive]
-Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse [Nintendo-exclusive]
-Kid Dracula [Nintendo-exclusive]
SNES:
-"Super" Castlevania IV [Nintendo-exclusive]
-Castlevania: Dracula X [Nintendo-exclusive]
N64:
-Castlevania [Nintendo-exclusive, not the original game]
-Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness [Nintendo-exclusive]
GB:
-Castlevania: The Adventure [exclusive, remade on the Wii]
-Castlevania: Legends [Nintendo-exclusive]
GBA:
-Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance [Nintendo-exclusive]
-Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow [Nintendo-exclusive]
DS:
-Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow [Nintendo-exclusive]
-Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin [Nintendo-exclusive]
-Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia [Nintendo-exclusive]
Ported:
-Castlevania: Rondo of Blood [Turbografx-to-Wii]
NOT Ported:
-Vampire Killer [MSX2]
-Haunted Castle [Arcade]
-Castlevania: Bloodlines [Genesis]
-Castlevania: Chronicles [Playstation]
-Castlevania: Symphony of the Night [Playstation/Saturn]
-Castlevania: Lament of Innocence [Playstation 2]
-Castlevania: Curse of Darkness [PS2/XBox]
-Castlevania: Order of Shadows [Mobile]
-Castlevania: The Arcade [Arcade]
-Castlevania: Lords of Shadow [PS3/360]
-Castlevania: Harmony of Despair [360, not released yet]

Games exclusively released on Nintendo systems: 14
Games released on a Nintendo system FIRST: 1
Games ported to a Nintendo system: 1
Games that have yet to be on a Nintendo system: 11

As you can see, the amount of Castlevania games that are EXCLUSIVE to Nintendo systems outnumber all the others, even ones that were multi-platformed and included Nintendo, combined. Not really related, but another Konami series, Survival Kids/Lost in Blue, is 100% Nintendo exclusive, with all 7 games coming out only on Nintendo systems.

Bomberman (Konami/Hudson)
Original:
NES:
-Bomberman II (exclusive)
SNES:
-Bomberman B-Daman (exclusive, Japan-only)
-Super Bomberman (exclusive, as are the following)
-Super Bomberman 2
-Super Bomberman 3
-Super Bomberman 4
-Super Bomberman 5
N64:
-Bomberman 64 (exclusive)
-Bomberman: Hero (exclusive)
-Bomberman 64: The Second Attack (exclusive)
Gamecube:
-Bomberman Generation (exclusive)
-Bomberman Land 2 (not exclusive)
Wii:
-Bomberman Blast (exclusive)
GB:
-Atomic Punk (exclusive)
-Pocket Bomberman (exclusive)
-Wario Blast: Featuring Bomberman! (exclusive)
-Bomerman GB 2(exclusive)
-Bomberman GB 3 (exclusive)
Virtual Boy:
-Panic Bomber (also on the Neo-Geo)
GBC:
-Bomberman Quest (exclusive)
-Bomberman Max (exclusive)
GBA:
-Bomberman Tournament (exclusive)
-Bomberman Max 2 (exclusive)
-Bomberman Jetters (not exclusive)
-BoBomberman (exclusive)
DS:
-Bomberman DS-Bomberman Jetters (not exclusive)
-Bomberman Land: Touch! (exclusive)
-Bomberman Land: Touch! 2 (exclusive)
-Bomberman 2: Custom (exclusive)
-Bomerman Blitz (DSi-exclusive)
Ported:
-Bomerman (MSX-to-NES)
-Bomberman '93 (Turbografx-to-Wii)
-Dyna Blaster (Turbografx-to-Game Boy)
-Bomberman '94 (Turbografx-to-Wii)
-Bomberman Land (Playstation-to-Wii)
NOT Ported:
-Saturn Bomberman (Sega Saturn)
-Atomic Bomberman (PC)
-Neo Bomberman (Neo-Geo)
-Bomberman World (Playstation)
-Bomberman Party Edition (Playstation)
-Bomberman Online (Dreamcast)
-Online Bomberman (PC)
-Bomberman Land 3 (Playstation 2)
-Bomberman Live (X360)
-Bomberman Live: Battlefest (X360)
-Bomberman Ultra (PS3)
-Bomberman Special (Mobile)
-Bomberman Touch: The Legend of Mystic Bomb (iPhone)
-Bomberman Touch 2: Volcano Party (iPhone)
-Bomberman Wars (Playstation)
-Bomberman Fantasy Race (Playstation)
-Bomberman Kart (Playsation 2)
-Bomberman Hardball (Playstation 2)
-Bomberman: Panic Bomber (PSP)

Games exclusively released on Nintendo systems: 27 (49% of all Bomberman games)
Games released on a Nintendo system FIRST: 3
Games ported to a Nintendo system: 5
Games that have yet to be on a Nintendo system: 20

I'd say that's enough to consider Bomberman SSB material.

Pac-Man (Namco)

What? You say he's not been on enough Nintendo games? Well . . . .

Original:
SNES:
-Pac-Attack
-Pac-Man 2: The New Adventures (not exclusive, but it comes with a port of the original game and Ms. Pac-Man)
-Pac-in-Time (Nintendo-exclusive)
N64:
-Ms. Pac-Man: Maze Madness
Gamecube:
-Pac-Man World 2
-Pac-Man World 3
-Pac-Man Fever
-Pac-Man World Rally
-Pac-Man Vs. (Nintendo-exclusive)
-Pac-Mania (included in Namco Museum)
GBA:
-Pac-Man World (Playstation-to-GBA, obviously, it lost some of it's . . . three-dimensionality along the way, but a "port" nonetheless)
-Pac-Man Pinball Advance (Nintendo-exclusive)
DS:
-Pac-Pix (Nintendo-exclusive)
-Pac 'n Roll (Nintendo-exclusive)
Wii:
-Pac-Man Party (Nintendo-exclusvive, coming soon)

Arcade (Namco + Nintendo):
-Mario Kart Arcade GP
-Mario Kart Arcade GP 2

NOT Ported:
-Pac-Man: Adventures in Time (PC)
-Ms. Pac-Man: Quest for the Golden Maze (PC)
-Pac-Man Pizza Parlor (PC)
-Pac-man Championship Edition (X360/PS3)
-Super Pac-Man (Arcade)
-Pac & Pal
-Pac-Man Plus
-Jr. Pac-Man
-Pac-Land
-Pac-Man Battle Royale

Games exclusively released on Nintendo systems: 8
Games that have yet to be on a Nintendo system: 4 (Three of which were for the PC, 6 for the arcade, and just one home game, a enhanced remake of the original game)

I think this says a lot about his SSB potential. Except for some obscure PC games you can purchase from Pac-Man's site and a few arcade games, every unique, official home game has come onto a Nintendo system.

Final Fantasy (Square)

This one is kind of mixed, Nintendo and Square seem to ebb and flow toward-and-away from each other, but luckily, we're at a point where they've become interested in Nintendo again.

Original:
NES:
-Final Fantasy
-Final Fantasy IIJ
-Final Fantasy IIIJ (Nintendo-exclusive)
SNES:
-Final Fantasy IVJ/II
-Final Fantasy VJ
-Final Fantasy VIJ/IV
-Final Fantasy: Mystic Quest (Nintendo-exclusive)
Gamecube:
-Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles (Nintendo-exclusive)
Wii:
-Final Fantasy Fables: Chocobo's Dungeon (Nintendo-exclusive)
-Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: My Life as a King (Nintendo-exclusive)
-Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: My Life as a Darklord (Nintendo-exclusive)
-Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Echoes of Time (Nintendo-exclusive)
-Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: The Crystal Bearers (Nintendo-exclusive)
GB:
-The Final Fantasy Legend (Nintendo-exclusive)
-Final Fantasy Legend II (Nintendo-exclusive)
-Final Fantasy Legend III (Nintendo-exclusive)
-Final Fantasy Adventure (Nintendo-exclusive)
GBA:
-Final Fantasy Tactics Advance (Nintendo-exclusive)
-Chocobo Land: A Game of Dice (Nintendo-exclusive)
DS:
-Final Fantasy: The 4 Heroes of Light (Nintendo-exclusive, new)
-Final Fantasy Tactics A2: Grimoire of the Rift (Nintendo-exclusive)
-Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings (Nintendo-exclusive)
-Final Fantasy Fables: Chocobo Tales (Nintendo-exclusive)
-Final Fantasy Fables: Cid and Chocobo (Nintendo-exclusive)
-Chocobo and the Magic Picture BooK: The Witch, The Girl, and the Five Heroes (Nintendo-exclusive, Japan-Only)
3DS:
-Chocobo Racing (either a port of the original, or Nintendo-exclusive, coming soon)

Ported:
-Final Fantasy IV: The After Years (Mobile-to-Wii)

NOT Ported:
-Final Fantasy VII
-Final Fantasy VII: Before Crisis (Mobile)
-Final Fantasy VII: Dirge of Cerberus (PS2/Mobile)
-Final Fantasy VII: Crisis Core (PSP)
-Final Fantasy VII: Snowboarding (Mobile)
-Final Fantasy VIII
-Final Fantasy IX
-Final Fantasy X
-Final Fantasy X-2
-Final Fantasy XI
-Final Fantasy XII
-Final Fantasy XIII
-Final Fantasy XIV
-Final Fantasy Tactics
-Final Fantasy: Unlimited (PC)
-Final Fantasy: Unlimtited with U (Mobile)
-Final Fantasy: Dissidia
-Chocobo's Mysterious Dungeon
-Chocobo's Dungeon
-Chocobo Racing
-Chocobo on the Job (Wonderswan)
-Choco-Mate (Mobile)
-Chocobo Mobile (Mobile)
-Crystal Guardians (Mobile)
-Crystal Defenders (XBox360/PS3)
-Crystal Defenders: Vanguard Storm (PSP)

Games exclusively released on Nintendo systems: 21
Games released on a Nintendo system FIRST: 5
Games that have yet to be on a Nintendo system: 26

In short, the only ones with chances are Mages, Chocobos, or a character from Crystal Chronicles or Fantasy Fables.

Discuss? Yes I know it's ironic that out of all of these, Metal Gear, the first 3rd party character officially announced, has the lowest percentage of games on a Nintendo system, while everyone else here has 50%+ of their games on them. XD[/collapse]

Moogi

Smash Apprentice
[collapse=Collapsed due to the size]
I decided to see how some of the most wanted 3rd party characters stack up in their "Nintendocity levels", or basically how many of their games have come on Nintendo systems:

METAL GEAR
Original:
-Metal Gear: Snake's Revenge (NES exclusive, but that's because it's the "Black Sheep" of the series)
-Metal Gear Solid (GBC exclusive, closer to the original MSX games in style)
Ported:
-Metal Gear (MSX-to-NES)
-Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake (MSX-to-NES)
-Metal Gear Solid (Playstation-to-Gamecube)
-Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater (Playstation 2-to-3DS)
Never released on a Nintendo system:
-Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty
-Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots (special note, a song in this game was "leaked" in Brawl, a game that came out 6 months earlier)
-Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops [PSP]
-Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker [PSP]
-Metal Gear Solid: Mobile [Mobile/N-Gage]
-Metal Gear Solid: Touch [iPhone]
-Metal Gear Acid [PSP]
-Metal Gear Acid 2 [PSP]
-Metal Gear Online

Games exclusively released on Nintendo systems: 2
Games released on a Nintendo system FIRST: 0 . . . . .
Games that have yet to be on a Nintendo system: 9

It's fair to say the only reason he got in was due to their own companies demand to do so, rather than the amount of games made for Nintendo systems.

Sonic the Hedgehog

Original:
GBA:
-Sonic Advance (Only "Sonic Advance" game not exclusive, it came out for the N-Gage too)
-Sonic Advance 2
-Sonic Advance 3
-Sonic Battle
-Sonic Pinball Party
Gamecube:
-Sonic Heroes
-Shadow the Hedgehog
-Sonic Riders
DS:
-Sonic Rush
-Sonic Rush: Adventure
-Sonic Chronicles: The Dark Brotherhood
Wii:
-Sonic & The Secret Rings
-Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games (obviously, these two are exclusive, as is the one above)
-Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Winter Games
-Sonic Riders: Zero Gravity
-Sonic and the Black Knight (exclusive)
-Sonic Unleashed
-Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing
-Sonic Colos (exclusive, coming soon)

Ported:
-Sonic the Hedgehog [Genesis-to-Gamecube, Wii, GBA, and DS]
-Sonic the Hedgehog [Game Gear-to-Gamecube, Master-to-Wii]
-Sonic the Hedgehog 2 [Genesis-to-Gamecube, Wii, and DS]
-Sonic the Hedgehog 2 [Game Gear-to-Gamecube, Master-to-Wii]
-Sonic the Hedgehog CD [Sega CD-to-Gamecube]
-Sonic the Hedgehog 3 [Genesis-to-Gamecube and Wii]
-Sonic & Knuckles [Genesis-to-Gamecube and Wii]
-Sonic Spinball [Genesis-to-Gamecube and Wii]
-Sonic Chaos [Game Gear-to-Gamecube, Master-to-Wii]
-Sonic Triple Trouble [Game Gear-to-Gamecube]
-Sonic Blast [Game Gear-to-Gamecube]
-Sonic Spinball [Game Gear-to-Gamecube]
-Sonic Drift [Game Gear-to-Gamecube]
-Sonic Drift 2 [Game Gear-to-Gamecube]
-Sonic Labyrinth [Game Gear-to-Gamecube]
-Tails Adventure [Game Gear-to-Gamecube]
-Tails' Skypatrol [Game Gear-to-Gamecube]
-Sonic 3D Blast [Sega Genesis-to-Gamecube and Wii]
-Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine [Genesis-to-Gamecube and Wii]
-Sonic R [Saturn-to-Gamecube]
-Sonic Adventure [Saturn-to-Gamecube]
-Sonic Adventure 2 [Saturn-to-Gamecube]
-Sonic the Fighters [Arcade-to-Gamecube]

NOT ported to a Nintendo system:
-Sonic Eraser [Japan-Only]
-Sonic the Hedgehog's Gameworld [kids game]
-Tails and the Music Maker [kids game]
-Knuckles' Chaotix [Sega 32X]
-Sonic Jam [Saturn, ports of the originals, plus a 3D hub]
-Sonic Shuffle [Dreamcast, card game]
-Sonic's Schoolhouse [kids game, PC]
-Sonic the Hedgehog: Pocket Adventure [Neo Geo Pocket Color, sounded like a good game TBH]
-Sonic Rivals [PSP]
-Sonic Rivals 2 [PSP]
-Sonic '06 [PS3/360]
-Sonic the Cosmo Galaxy Fighter Patrol (Japan-only, Arcade-only, and with a name like that I'm not surprised why it never came over. >_>)
-Sonic's Space Tours (Japan-only, Arcade-only)
-Sonic: UFO Mini (Jo, Ao, don't ask)
-Sonic the Hedgehog Arcade (Jo, Ao)
-Sonic's Popcorn Shop (Jo, Ao, WTF?)
-Sonic CR (Jo, Ao)
-Sonic & Tails Spinner (Jo, Ao)
*bunch of obscure, flash-based mobile games*

Games exclusively released on Nintendo systems: 12
Games ported to a Nintendo system: 24
Games that have yet to be on a Nintendo system: 18 (only 29%, including arcade-only games)

With the fall of Sega's consoles, I think Nintendo is an ironic, but fitting console to be considered a "new home turf".

MEGAMAN (Capcom)
Original:
NES:
-Mega Man
-Mega Man 2
-Mega Man 3
-Mega Man 4
-Mega Man 5
-Mega Man 6
-Wily & Light MegaBoard: That's Paradise [Itadaki Clone, Japan only]
Game Boy (These are TOTALLY different games from the NES, only sharing bosses and mechanics)
-Mega Man in Dr. Wily's Revenge
-Mega Man II
-Mega Man III
-Mega Man IV
-Mega Man V
Game Boy Color:
-Mega Man Xtreme
-Mega Man Xtreme 2
SNES:
-Mega Man 7
-Mega Man & Bass
-Mega Man Soccer
-Mega Man X
-Mega Man X2
-Mega Man X3
Game Boy Advance:
-Mega Man Battle Network
-Mega Man Battle Network 2
-Mega Man Battle Network 3: Blue
-Mega Man Battle Network 3: White
-Mega Man Battle Network 4: Red Sun
-Mega Man Battle Network 4: Blue Moon (I guess they tried to go Pokemon with this series)
-Mega Man Battle Network 4.5: Real Operation (lol @ 4.5, supposedly a Japan-exlusive side story)
-Mega Man Battle Network 5: Team Protoman
-Mega Man Battle Network 5: Team Colonel
-Mega Man Battle Network 5: Double Team
-Mega Man Battle Network 6: Cybeast Falzar
-Mega Man Battle Network 6: Cybeast Gregar (WTF is up with all these freaking MMBN titles? MM collectors are pretty much ****ed up because of all these freaking low-supply, frequently Japan-only games in this ENTIRE franchise_
-Mega Man Battle Chip Challenge (this is the only GBA game NOT exclusive to Nintendo, there was a Wonderswan version)
-Mega Man Zero
-Mega Man Zero 2
-Mega Man Zero 3
-Mega Man Zero 4
Gamecube:
-Mega Man: Network Transmission (Gamecube exclusive)
DS:
-Mega Man ZX
-Mega Man ZX: Advent
-Mega Man Star Force: Pegasus
-Mega Man Star Force: Leo
-Mega Man Star Force: Dragon
-Mega Man Star Force 2: Zerker x Saurian
-Mega Man Star Force 2: Zerker x Ninja
-Mega Man Star Force 3: Black Ace
-Mega Man Star Force 3: Red Joker (I swear, Capcom is bent on making it's fans broke)
Wii:
-Mega Man 9
-Mega Man 10

Ported:
-Mega Man Legends [from Playstation-to-Nintendo 64, released as Megaman 64]
-Mega Man 8 [from Playstation-to-Gamecube]
-Mega Man X4 [from Playstation-to-Gamecube]
-Mega Man X5 [from Playstation-to-Gamecube]
-Mega Man X6 [from Playstation-to-Gamecube]
-Mega Man: Battle & Chase [from Playstation-to-Gamecube]
-Mega Man: The Power Battle [from Arcade-to-Gamecube]
-Mega Man 2: The Power Fighters [from Arcade-to-Gamecube]

NOT on a Nintendo system:
-Mega Man X7 [Playstation 2-only]
-Mega Man X8 [Playstation 2-only]
-Mega Man [Game Gear, never re-released . . . . . . (oddly, US exclusive)]
-Mega Man Battle Network: Wonderswan [Wonderswan, never re-released, Japan-only . . . . . . ]
-Mega Man & Bass: Challenger from the Future [Wonderswan, never re-released, Japan-only . . . . .]
-Mega Man: Battle & Fighters [Neo Geo Pocket Color, never re-released, Japan-only *hopes for GG, WS, and NGPC to come to the 3DS VC*]
-Mega Man: Wily Tower [Genesis]
-Mega Man: Super Adventure [Playstation/Saturn exclusive, one of those "all cutscenes" games, so bad it was not released internationaly)
-Mega Man: Powered Up [Chibi PSP revamp of the original game]
-Mega Man Legends 2 [Playstation-only, unless you count the PSP, Japan-only remake]
-Mega Man Legends: 5-Island Adventure [Mobile-only, probably could be best described as a Japanese-exclusive Mega Man Legends 1.5]
-The Misadventures of Tron Bonne [basically, Mega Man Legends 0]
-Mega Man Battle Network: The Medal Operation [Japan-only, Mobile-only]
-Mega Man Battle Network: Legend of Network [Japan-only Mobile-only]
-Mega Man Battle Network: Battle Chip Stadium [Japan-only, Arcade-only]
*huge load of quirky minigames for the Mobile phone*

Games exclusively released on Nintendo systems: 36 (roughly 50% of all the Megaman games, not counting several of the minor Mobile minigames)
Games released on a Nintendo system FIRST: 13
Games ported to a Nintendo system: 8
Games that have yet to be on a Nintendo system: 16

I think it's safe to say Megaman can be considered to be MOSTLY a Nintendo [3rd party] character. lol

Castlevania (Konami)

Probably not genuinely considered a Nintendo-y series now by some, but the company's systems still hold the majority of the series:

Original:
NES:
-Castlevania
-Castlevania II: Simon's Quest [Nintendo-exclusive]
-Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse [Nintendo-exclusive]
-Kid Dracula [Nintendo-exclusive]
SNES:
-"Super" Castlevania IV [Nintendo-exclusive]
-Castlevania: Dracula X [Nintendo-exclusive]
N64:
-Castlevania [Nintendo-exclusive, not the original game]
-Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness [Nintendo-exclusive]
GB:
-Castlevania: The Adventure [exclusive, remade on the Wii]
-Castlevania: Legends [Nintendo-exclusive]
GBA:
-Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance [Nintendo-exclusive]
-Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow [Nintendo-exclusive]
DS:
-Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow [Nintendo-exclusive]
-Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin [Nintendo-exclusive]
-Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia [Nintendo-exclusive]
Ported:
-Castlevania: Rondo of Blood [Turbografx-to-Wii]
NOT Ported:
-Vampire Killer [MSX2]
-Haunted Castle [Arcade]
-Castlevania: Bloodlines [Genesis]
-Castlevania: Chronicles [Playstation]
-Castlevania: Symphony of the Night [Playstation/Saturn]
-Castlevania: Lament of Innocence [Playstation 2]
-Castlevania: Curse of Darkness [PS2/XBox]
-Castlevania: Order of Shadows [Mobile]
-Castlevania: The Arcade [Arcade]
-Castlevania: Lords of Shadow [PS3/360]
-Castlevania: Harmony of Despair [360, not released yet]

Games exclusively released on Nintendo systems: 14
Games released on a Nintendo system FIRST: 1
Games that have yet to be on a Nintendo system: 11

As you can see, the amount of Castlevania games that are EXCLUSIVE to Nintendo systems outnumber all the others, even ones that were multi-platformed and included Nintendo, combined. Not really related, but another Konami series, Survival Kids/Lost in Blue, is 100% Nintendo exclusive, with all 7 games coming out only on Nintendo systems.

Bomberman (Konami/Hudson)
Original:
NES:
-Bomberman II (exclusive)
SNES:
-Bomberman B-Daman (exclusive, Japan-only)
-Super Bomberman (exclusive, as are the following)
-Super Bomberman 2
-Super Bomberman 3
-Super Bomberman 4
-Super Bomberman 5
N64:
-Bomberman 64 (exclusive)
-Bomberman: Hero (exclusive)
-Bomberman 64: The Second Attack (exclusive)
Gamecube:
-Bomberman Generation (exclusive)
-Bomberman Land 2 (not exclusive)
Wii:
-Bomberman Blast (exclusive)
GB:
-Atomic Punk (exclusive)
-Pocket Bomberman (exclusive)
-Wario Blast: Featuring Bomberman! (exclusive)
-Bomerman GB 2(exclusive)
-Bomberman GB 3 (exclusive)
Virtual Boy:
-Panic Bomber (also on the Neo-Geo)
GBC:
-Bomberman Quest (exclusive)
-Bomberman Max (exclusive)
GBA:
-Bomberman Tournament (exclusive)
-Bomberman Max 2 (exclusive)
-Bomberman Jetters (not exclusive)
-BoBomberman (exclusive)
DS:
-Bomberman DS-Bomberman Jetters (not exclusive)
-Bomberman Land: Touch! (exclusive)
-Bomberman Land: Touch! 2 (exclusive)
-Bomberman 2: Custom (exclusive)
-Bomerman Blitz (DSi-exclusive)
Ported:
-Bomerman (MSX-to-NES)
-Bomberman '93 (Turbografx-to-Wii)
-Dyna Blaster (Turbografx-to-Game Boy)
-Bomberman '94 (Turbografx-to-Wii)
-Bomberman Land (Playstation-to-Wii)
NOT Ported:
-Saturn Bomberman (Sega Saturn)
-Atomic Bomberman (PC)
-Neo Bomberman (Neo-Geo)
-Bomberman World (Playstation)
-Bomberman Online (Dreamcast)
-Online Bomberman (PC)
-Bomberman Land 3 (Playstation 2)
-Bomberman Live (X360)
-Bomberman Live: Battlefest (X360)
-Bomberman Ultra (PS3)
-Bomberman Special (Mobile)
-Bomberman Touch: The Legend of Mystic Bomb (iPhone)
-Bomberman Touch 2: Volcano Party (iPhone)
-Bomberman Wars (Playstation)
-Bomberman Fantasy Race (Playstation)
-Bomberman Kart (Playsation 2)
-Bomberman Hardball (Playstation 2)
-Bomberman: Panic Bomber (PSP)

Games exclusively released on Nintendo systems: 27 (49% of all Bomberman games)
Games released on a Nintendo system FIRST: 3
Games ported to a Nintendo system: 5
Games that have yet to be on a Nintendo system: 20

I'd say that's enough to consider Bomberman SSB material.

Pac-Man (Namco)

What? You say he's not been on enough Nintendo games? Well . . . .

Original:
SNES:
-Pac-Attack
-Pac-Man 2: The New Adventures (not exclusive, but it comes with a port of the original game and Ms. Pac-Man)
-Pac-in-Time (Nintendo-exclusive)
N64:
-Ms. Pac-Man: Maze Madness
Gamecube:
-Pac-Man World 2
-Pac-Man World 3
-Pac-Man Fever
-Pac-Man World Rally
-Pac-Man Vs. (Nintendo-exclusive)
-Pac-Mania (included in Namco Museum)
GBA:
-Pac-Man World (Playstation-to-GBA, obviously, it lost some of it's . . . three-dimensionality along the way, but a "port" nonetheless)
-Pac-Man Pinball Advance (Nintendo-exclusive)
DS:
-Pac-Pix (Nintendo-exclusive)
-Pac 'n Roll (Nintendo-exclusive)
Wii:
-Pac-Man Party (Nintendo-exclusvive, coming soon)

Arcade (Namco + Nintendo):
-Mario Kart Arcade GP
-Mario Kart Arcade GP 2

NOT Ported:
-Pac-Man: Adventures in Time (PC)
-Ms. Pac-Man: Quest for the Golden Maze (PC)
-Pac-Man Pizza Parlor (PC)
-Pac-man Championship Edition (X360/PS3)
-Super Pac-Man (Arcade)
-Pac & Pal
-Pac-Man Plus
-Jr. Pac-Man
-Pac-Land
-Pac-Man Battle Royale

Games exclusively released on Nintendo systems: 8
Games that have yet to be on a Nintendo system: 4 (Three of which were for the PC, 6 for the arcade, and just one home game, a enhanced remake of the original game)

I think this says a lot about his SSB potential. Except for some obscure PC games you can purchase from Pac-Man's site and a few arcade games, every unique, official home game has come onto a Nintendo system.

Final Fantasy (Square)

This one is kind of mixed, Nintendo and Square seem to ebb and flow toward-and-away from each other, but luckily, we're at a point where they've become interested in Nintendo again.

Original:
NES:
-Final Fantasy
-Final Fantasy IIJ
-Final Fantasy IIIJ (Nintendo-exclusive)
SNES:
-Final Fantasy IVJ/II
-Final Fantasy VJ
-Final Fantasy VIJ/IV
-Final Fantasy: Mystic Quest (Nintendo-exclusive)
Gamecube:
-Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles (Nintendo-exclusive)
Wii:
-Final Fantasy Fables: Chocobo's Dungeon (Nintendo-exclusive)
-Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: My Life as a King (Nintendo-exclusive)
-Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: My Life as a Darklord (Nintendo-exclusive)
-Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Echoes of Time (Nintendo-exclusive)
-Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: The Crystal Bearers (Nintendo-exclusive)
GB:
-The Final Fantasy Legend (Nintendo-exclusive)
-Final Fantasy Legend II (Nintendo-exclusive)
-Final Fantasy Legend III (Nintendo-exclusive)
-Final Fantasy Adventure (Nintendo-exclusive)
GBA:
-Final Fantasy Tactics Advance (Nintendo-exclusive)
-Chocobo Land: A Game of Dice (Nintendo-exclusive)
DS:
-Final Fantasy: The 4 Heroes of Light (Nintendo-exclusive, new)
-Final Fantasy Tactics A2: Grimoire of the Rift (Nintendo-exclusive)
-Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings (Nintendo-exclusive)
-Final Fantasy Fables: Chocobo Tales (Nintendo-exclusive)
-Final Fantasy Fables: Cid and Chocobo (Nintendo-exclusive)
-Chocobo and the Magic Picture BooK: The Witch, The Girl, and the Five Heroes (Nintendo-exclusive, Japan-Only)
3DS:
-Chocobo Racing (either a port of the original, or Nintendo-exclusive, coming soon)

Ported:
-Final Fantasy IV: The After Years (Mobile-to-Wii)

NOT Ported:
-Final Fantasy VII
-Final Fantasy VII: Before Crisis (Mobile)
-Final Fantasy VII: Dirge of Cerberus (PS2/Mobile)
-Final Fantasy VII: Crisis Core (PSP)
-Final Fantasy VII: Snowboarding (Mobile)
-Final Fantasy VIII
-Final Fantasy IX
-Final Fantasy X
-Final Fantasy X-2
-Final Fantasy XI
-Final Fantasy XII
-Final Fantasy XIII
-Final Fantasy XIV
-Final Fantasy Tactics
-Final Fantasy: Unlimited (PC)
-Final Fantasy: Unlimtited with U (Mobile)
-Final Fantasy: Dissidia
-Chocobo's Mysterious Dungeon
-Chocobo's Dungeon
-Chocobo Racing
-Chocobo on the Job (Wonderswan)
-Choco-Mate (Mobile)
-Chocobo Mobile (Mobile)
-Crystal Guardians (Mobile)
-Crystal Defenders (XBox360/PS3)
-Crystal Defenders: Vanguard Storm (PSP)

Games exclusively released on Nintendo systems: 21
Games released on a Nintendo system FIRST: 5
Games that have yet to be on a Nintendo system: 26

In short, the only ones with chances are Mages, Chocobos, or a character from Crystal Chronicles or Fantasy Fables.

Discuss? Yes I know it's ironic that out of all of these, Metal Gear, the first 3rd party character officially announced, has the lowest percentage of games on a Nintendo system, while everyone else here has 50%+ of their games on them. XD[/collapse]
I can't believe you went out of your way to type that entire list! ._. I salute you.

First things first, the Metal Gear thing = SAD. And then Snake manages sneaks his way into Brawl because of Kojima. xD

Regarding Bomberman, I'm not too too sure about 3rd Party status anymore. Yes, he has almost 50% of his games on Ninty consoles, but I never realized how many games weren't on a Nintendo console. Meh, I guess that doesn't matter.

And... you've just proved that Megaman should just be considered a 2.5 party character. :bee:

/I wish

I'm not good with 3rd party character discussion, even after you spent possibly over an hour setting up the entire list. Me wishes I had the guts to do that :p

Besides, I like talking about obscure Nintendo characters better.
Shadow Queen

If you've lurked a heavy amount of pages on this topic, you would know what I'm talking about.

UberMario

Smash Master
I can't believe you went out of your way to type that entire list! ._. I salute you.

First things first, the Metal Gear thing = SAD. And then Snake manages sneaks his way into Brawl because of Kojima. xD

Regarding Bomberman, I'm not too too sure about 3rd Party status anymore. Yes, he has almost 50% of his games on Ninty consoles, but I never realized how many games weren't on a Nintendo console. Meh, I guess that doesn't matter
Thanks. :) Also, keep in mind that Bomberman is now owned by the people that created Metal Gear, so if Snake can do it, I'm sure either they or Nintendo will try to push Bomberman and Belmont [from Castlevania, another Konami series] in too. lol

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Wario Blast: Featuring Bomberman!
In bomberman's defense, sure he hasn't exactly been nintendo "exclusive" but it seems Wario didn't mind! If you like obscure characters, ever since I was about..... like nine I've always wanted Plum from Mario Golf in smash ^.^

DekuBoy

Smash Lord
Say his name 3 times and he'll appear.

No Sora though. Though with Epic Mickey I don't think I would rage that hard if the mouse got in... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom