• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Official SSB4 Discussion] --- Nintendo announces 2 new Smash games!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flame Hyenard

Smash Lord
Wolf's Specials, his B-Air (in appearence) and his Final Smash are the only similar things with Fox and Falco. His A combo finishes a la Mario, and not a la ATATATATATATATA like Fox and Falco do, and his throws are different.

On an off-topic note, I once believed Wolf's D-throw could be a chain-throw, which has been proven false by my opponent the few times I've tried. If Wolf is in SSB4 and his D-Throw get that property, that would be funny to see :laugh:

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
What Nintendo can do is return some clone characters, like Roy and revamp their moves to make them different in much the same way they did with Falco and Ganondorf. Also interesting would be DLC characters, which I'm sure will make the game even more appealing. Just my two cents.

camerino1

Smash Lord
They shouldn't be getting rid of anyone, and bringing Melee guys back. It doesn't make much business sense to cut characters, people play them and enjoy them. I would also like to see each characters break the targets back, with board the platforms. Pichu is really the only one I wouldn't bring back.

Smash Addict

Smash Cadet
What Nintendo can do is return some clone characters, like Roy and revamp their moves to make them different in much the same way they did with Falco and Ganondorf. Also interesting would be DLC characters, which I'm sure will make the game even more appealing. Just my two cents.
Can't say I care much about Falco or Roy, but I whole-heartedly agree about DLC. I think it would be a great way to include not only new characters, especially 3rd party, but new stages as well. Bringing one new fighter and one new stage out every 3 months for the first couple of years would be a great way to keep fans interested. I know I'd pay for it.

:phone:

majora_787

Smash Hero
Pics or it didn't happen. O:

Imagine that; a Smash Bros game with HD graphics and graphics that can rival or even best a PS3 game. I like the idea.
Haha. A teaser is more than enough. =P For sure.

And Retro Studios taking Smash Bros.? Oh my god, that idea is amazing. They've made three beautiful games for Metroid, and created a great revival of Donkey Kong. I'd trust them with Smash Bros., for sure.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Haha. A teaser is more than enough. =P For sure.

And Retro Studios taking Smash Bros.? Oh my god, that idea is amazing. They've made three beautiful games for Metroid, and created a great revival of Donkey Kong. I'd trust them with Smash Bros., for sure.
Be careful what you wish for.... if they did that, they might NOT add King K. Rool nor Dixie Kong in SSB4 since they didn't add them in DKCR. :(

vVv Rapture

Smash Lord
Writing Team
Be careful what you wish for.... if they did that, they might NOT add King K. Rool nor Dixie Kong in SSB4 since they didn't add them in DKCR. :(
I don't know, the two things are rather unrelated. Retro didn't add K. Rool and the Kremlings in DKCR because they were set on another evil force and didn't feel the need to bring them back just because.

But, if working with a franchise such as Smash, it seems extremely unrealistic that they'd go against any form of entry for characters based on other games they have made.

I'd completely trust Retro Studios with making SSB4. Hell, I'd trust them with making any game. They have done amazing things with the franchises they've been given, and I'm sure Nintendo sees them so much as a "go-to" developer that if Smash was in need, Retro would be put up there for the job. I've vouched for them to develop SSB4 for a long time.

This would also be extra awesome because Retro would most likely make Samus the most ridiculous character ever, and then add Ridley and make him the other amazing character...and then make DK an amazing character, and Diddy even more beastly, too.

Myself, Will, and ADHD would be really happy.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
No MU-ratios should go beyond 35 - 65
(*Wet dreams*)

>_>
As I've indirectly said before, this would probably require a revamp in the battle system as it currently favors certain characters.

Shadow Edge

Smash Rookie
Characters

Characters I think should be in SSB4 are:
Shadow The Hedgehog
Silver The Hedgehog
Megaman EXE
Deoxys (Down B=change form; Normal>Attack>Defense>Speed>repeat)

majora_787

Smash Hero
I'd trust Retro with anything from Smash Bros. to the revival of Star Fox, Yoshi's Island, and F-Zero. xD

Besides, new developer means new style. Smash 4 would have a slightly new flavor compared to Brawl, or 64, or Melee, or anything if RS made it instead of HAL Labs. Again. xD

mariorocks64

Smash Journeyman
In tIn terms of character roles, Nintendo seems to be focused on what is up to date.

Rosalina-awesome assist trophy She just doesn't have the moveset potential to be an original character.

Toad- playable character! I can't stress that enough! He was in NSMBWii and SMB2. Anyone could have replaced toad for NSMBWii.

King K. Rool-I can really see him as a character when I beat DKC. He's part of Nintendo as well and appeared in one mario game.

Link- He would get a different look. He'll look like his debut in Skyward Sword.

Little mac-From assist trophy to character? yeah!

Prince fluff- either and assist trophy, or a character.

Olimar- He would stay since he's one of a kind.

Wolf-SCREW YOU JACOB! But to be honest, It's him or falco.

Lucario-could be traded in for a Black and white pokemon.

Bomberman-Good character

Banjo & Kazooie- GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!!! SCREW YOU MICROSOFT!!!!!!! No joke. This dynamic duo would add great flavor to SSB4 with their wide variety of moves. But, this will only be a dream unless Rare got rescued by Nintendo

Mii- Playable character, and stage character. If anyone objects, I will hurt you with a wall of text.

As for new techniques, How about some aerial grabbing? Or better yet, some underwater fighting woud really spice things up with underwater stages.

Where can I find Nintendo to make these suggestions?

majora_787

Smash Hero
In tIn terms of character roles, Nintendo seems to be focused on what is up to date.

Rosalina-awesome assist trophy She just doesn't have the moveset potential to be an original character.

Toad- playable character! I can't stress that enough! He was in NSMBWii and SMB2. Anyone could have replaced toad for NSMBWii.

King K. Rool-I can really see him as a character when I beat DKC. He's part of Nintendo as well and appeared in one mario game.

Link- He would get a different look. He'll look like his debut in Skyward Sword.

Little mac-From assist trophy to character? yeah!

Prince fluff- either and assist trophy, or a character.

Olimar- He would stay since he's one of a kind.

Wolf-SCREW YOU JACOB! But to be honest, It's him or falco.

Lucario-could be traded in for a Black and white pokemon.

Bomberman-Good character

Banjo & Kazooie- GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!!! SCREW YOU MICROSOFT!!!!!!! No joke. This dynamic duo would add great flavor to SSB4 with their wide variety of moves. But, this will only be a dream unless Rare got rescued by Nintendo

Mii- Playable character, and stage character. If anyone objects, I will hurt you with a wall of text.

As for new techniques, How about some aerial grabbing? Or better yet, some underwater fighting woud really spice things up with underwater stages.

Where can I find Nintendo to make these suggestions?
They take suggestions seriously now? xD

Anyway, in all seriousness... If it belongs to Microsoft, I doubt it'll be ending up in any 3rd party anything.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
@ mariorocks64 about underwater combat

OMG... you just gave me some ideas why I think Starfy really should be in SSB4.

Starfy could be really unique by being the only Smasher to be immune from drowning and still be able to attack while underwater. Imagine how he would be in a stage like Pirate Ship. Starfy offers some moveset potential. I know this because I have actually played and beaten The Legendary Starfy.

- Duck & Slide (Running A; attack based on his Duck & Slide animation)
- Star Spin (A for a stationary version)
- Star Spin (Side A for a mobile version)
- Mighty Star Spin (Smash Side A for a weaker, short-distance version)
- Mighty Star Spin (B for a stronger, long-distance version; maybe similar to Jigglypuff's B)
- Ultra Star Spin (Smash Up A for a short-hop version)
- Ultra Star Spin (Side B; similar to Meta Knight's Side B)
- Ultra Star Spin (Up B; similar to Wolf's Up B; loosely based on the Surf Jump ability)
- Shooting Star (Aerial Down A for a quick, weaker version similar to Toon Link's Aerial Down A)
- Shooting Star (Down B; similar to Yoshi's Down B but scores multiple hits due to spinning)
- gliding (yes, he can actually do this and he doesn't even need wings; no multiple jumps, though, but he still can double jump like he does in his games)
- crawling (borrowed from Starly)
- wall jumps (borrowed from Starly)
- Low Spin (Down A for a weaker version; borrowed from Starly)
- Low Spin (Smash Down A for a stronger version; borrowed from Starly)

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Shortiecanbrawl's SSB4

I posted this half done and can't bare to look at it. I'll repost later.

Bazooka Joe

Smash Apprentice
I would like to see them give a Ness revamp on his move set. It would be nice if he had moves like he did in the game like:
B: PSI Flash
Up: Teleport
Side B: (Not too sure)
Down B: PSI Shield
Final Smash: PSI Rockin'

As for the Shadow debate, Tails or Knuckles have a better chance of getting in which I think because:
1. They were there from almost the beginning.
2. They are less of a clone.
3. With Sonic Generations coming out, it might be a good time to announce Knuckles or Tails in Smash.

These are only my opinions.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I don't get why people add Sheeda (Caeda was a horrible localization name) to their rosters. She is not a lord, a unit that only fights mounted, and less popular than other nonlords from FE1/FE3. Oguma, Nabarl, and Chiki are all more popular than Sheeda is. If there is one girl from Akaneia who will be made playable (and there won't be), it will be Chiki. Chiki has a large following in Japan. I think Sheeda is perhaps the worst example of the whole "it has boobs, therefore it deserves to be in" trope. Interestingly, enough both Oguma and Nabarl got more votes to be playable characters than any of the other lords in Fire Emblem that existed at the time (the second highest voted lord in Sakurai's Melee poll was actually Celice). Also, if we are going for "non-lord" girls in Fire Emblem, look into the girl in my sig. Perhaps, one of the most tragic characters in series.

knuckles213

Smash Ace
These may have or may have not been said, but I didn't bother to read all these comment on this thread cause it will take to long.

Well this may sound like a complaint list, but the suggestions I have for SSB4 is:

1) Obviously add more characters (go from having a total of 35 characters in brawl to about around 63 in the SSB4, but if not just make characters downloadable). If anyone wants me to make a “new character for SSB4” thread I will, just leave a comment.

2) ADD MORE THIRD PARTY CHARACTERS AND GOOD ONES (seriously when brawl was coming out I heard they added some third party characters, and I thought that’s cool, until I found out it was just sonic and snake, and I was like WHAT THE ****, there are way more characters out there that deserve to be in Super Smash Bros.)(Plus I wanna stop that tier list **** where other characters are just better than certain characters as far as tournament wise)

3) Leave out tripping! This is self-explained, seriously I’ve tripped 6 times in one match before and it sucked)(I would only agree to keep tripping in the game if it actually helped, like tripping in a chain grab, lock, in infinite of any sort, so it can stop people from over abusing it and somewhat creating a fair fight or chance against a better opponent)

4) Add more detail to the stage editor cause I want be able to create a really good design that people would actually want to brawl on. (But honestly I don’t know why I’m asking for this cause no one ever going to use this for friendlies nor tournaments)

5) Custom Music: you can finally listen to your favorite songs on whatever stage you play on (When I play Brawl I need songs can fight to, the original music they put in wasn’t cuttin it, I still have to give them props for trying cause I know it must have been a lot of work and time put in over 200 song in one disc)

6) A Brawl replay editor: this means longer replays saves with your tags in the match, you can name the video/comment on it so you’ll know which fight it was, you won't need a capture card now to record your matches/upload to youtube/to live stream (I want to be able to pull directly from SD card (or whatever the wii 2 will use) my replays saves to my computer and upload without a problem), plus may you get to remix your saves up like actually editing/slowing it down, speeding it up, chopping parts, combining and etc. also send it to all your friends or other people easier without hassle

7) More Levels that are made for Competitve players/tournys: Honestly people you don’t need more stages in the game cause you’re never going to use them. Example: Are you going to use flat zone or hannonbow in a tourney, for practing your skills, or friendlies. NO! your gonna use Neutrals like FD,SV,BF,YI,LC and Counter-picks like PS(B&M), HB, FO, CS to help the losing player, not stages that don't help anyone other than it's a good party level.

8) Adventure Mode: if there’s going to be another adventure mode it's going to need some voice acting. Stickers are useless cause I never use them.

9) CPUs: (Ohhh MAN THIS IS A BIG ONE) My opionion for CPUs is make them harder (keep the tags ex: lvl 9 nasty, lvl 10 deadly) and go up to level 18 because I would want any thing after level 9 to be more human-like(tougher to fight and create a challenge for the player) where this time you can now practice/hone your skills and get better instead of just relying on the availability of other people or tournys where you have to pay money all the time risk losing.
Even put on the game a “PLAYER AVERAGE MODE” – this is where you would have the cpu create and average of a person’s fighting style for a pacific character (like for ex: MK) base on an average of three matches. For example: let’s say you wanted to fight a metaknight user for practice, but there’s no one available at the moment you can play; well just have one really pro MK user or three different pro MK user save 3 matches of them using MK so the cpu can replicate it for the character MK’s slot in the “PAM”. So when ever you go to that mode let’s say M2K save his MK matches on your wii and you want to practice against a good MK user to get better at fighting against MK, an average of how M2K’ s MK fights will be save for just MK’s slot as well as if someone had did the same for another character. Also three different people can put together a fighting style for one character ex: falco; just have three different falco user save three falco match on a wii and then save it on falco’s slot (you can also have one person do two matches and another person do one just to mix it up bit).

Plus CPU taunting is annoying as HELL even if they didn’t kill you or someone else!!

9) Add a new versus: I don't know maybe king of the hill mode, tag, meotor mode (where attack is a meotor strike), and etc. I want to see something new other than stock, time, and coin even though people only use Stock mode

10) Add an Extra button (An effect Button): (I’m going to use a gamecube control for an example so picture one right now) when you go to setup your controls you have 11(really 10 cause of the start button) buttons you can choose from to change to fit your style. My thing is why not add a effect/reaction button, No not physically adding a button on the controllor, but a special button you can press for a different extra abilities in certain situations. For example if you played Kingdom Hearts you would know that they put in the 2nd game and reaction button for the triangle to give a sense of a new way to fight in the game; I suggest somewhat the same except its more like a “help me out button” (I’d say let the X button be the Reaction button). For example locks, chain grabs, and infinite of any sort. Let’s face it, it sucks to have this happen to you especially if your opponent is better than you, let’s say your fox and your stuck in pikachu’s Down grab, the climber’s chain grab, DDD’s chain grab, or sheik’s tilt. All you would have to do is press it and Fox will grab hold of the other character and either throw them, sock them or whatever to escape so you can level the fight (Cause seriously I don't have to have to button mash to DI out of an unescapable move). Or let’s say for for those ledge grabbers, if you get ledge grabbed by someone and if your near them just press the button so your character will grab hold of the other character’s legs and will either pull your opponent down with you so both of you will die, yank your opponent down and you grab the ledge, or your character will grab the other character and pull his self up to get back on the level. I cant think of anything for those stallers and plankers other than grabbing them when they’re off the stage and throwing them back on.

11) Online experience CHANGE EVERY THING. I’m not gonna lie brawl online is terrible, even though I understand what sakuri was trying to accomplish with brawl online experience so that you don't have a bad experience with other people.
- when you go to basic brawl we need the same freedom we get when play versus mode, that mean playing 8 min stock matches.
- I want to know who I’m playing so that I’m able to make friend with people.
- I want to be able to send message and voice chat with others (This is open for Debate, WHY? Because there are Pro and Cons with this idea)
-Experience ZERO lag for every character so that I’m able to fight without worrying am I going to survive when I get knock off
- I’m probably missing things to say about online SSB, but I’ll leave up to you guys for that

12) And for the melee fans put a change the physics ability in the game. For example you can switch between Melee Physics or the New Physics(Brawl Physics I they didn’t change anything) on the same game so you do have to just stay playing melee or go through the trouble of hacks. (Even though people are just going to use the melee mode only)

13) Have four taunts: Seriously!! They couldn’t add and extra taunt

Well if anyone can add to this list I would appreciate it because I can’t think of anything else right now. I’m probably forgetting a lot of things to.

I'll will try to make a what characters should be post later. oh and is there a way to make my suggestions/opionion matter so that is can be heard by Nintendo?

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
@ ChronoBound

Regarding Caeda, the only reason I would seriously consider her as a potential candidate is because Sakurai himself considers her the heroine of Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon in his Iwata Asks interview with one of the Fire Emblem developers.

Captain Falcon proved that characters who are always in vehicles can still fight. So, I think Caeda doesn't necessarily need to fight on her horse (or is it a pegasus?) but it would make a good Final Smash.

@ KumaOso

How do you think Starfy's gameplay would be like with these abilities I listed?

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
@ ChronoBound

Regarding Caeda, the only reason I would seriously consider her as a potential candidate is because Sakurai himself considers her the heroine of Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon in his Iwata Asks interview with one of the Fire Emblem developers

LINK NOW.

I remember years ago, people said that Sigurd was Sakurai's favorite Fire Emblem characters. Turns out when someone bothered to translate Sakurai's thoughts regarding Fire Emblem in Smash Bros that it was actually Nabarl. And for all his liking of Nabarl, he only appeared as a sticker in Brawl.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Thanks for at least providing a link.

As to the discussion where that is mentioned, Narahiro rebuts Sakura's statment and says that Sheeda actually lost her original importance to the game since other characters can now fulfill her role (which is convincing certain characters to join your army).

Still, I would not put much stock into it. Sakurai has said that his favorite character from Fire Emblem is Nabarl (also from FE1/FE3/FE11/FE12) and he got passed up even as a trophy.

Sonic Poke

Smash Lord
Lucario; well, he has a VERY Slight chance of retuning, namely due to him having a unique movestlye(his powe increases when hurt). but it's still like a glacier in Hell, overall.

Ike: either that or they replace him with Miciah, so they could have a new playstyle.

I don't really see any young incarnation of Link in the next game. it will probably be just Link by himself, sans mini clone this time. new Zelda charter slot for sure.

Wolf: pretty much agree here. if Falco is fox's Luigi, then Wolf is the Dr. Mario.

Snake. this pretty much depends on how they handle 3rd parties-whether they keep them or not is based on that. (this ai'n soul calibur, you know). at worst, they would just probably swap him for someone from castlevania.

sonic: same as above.

Lucas: in all honesty, i think Lucas has a BETTER chance of coming back then Ness. there has been not one but TWO cases of him nearly replacing the guy, and he took his slot as a default character in Brawl to boot. a lot of people say that he is safe since he's from the original, but Jigglypuff barely making it in Brawl proves otherwise. so yeah, this guy is actualy the safest of the bunch on this list.

ROB:if he was put in because of MK DS and not Gyromite, then he does actually have the Mario kart stage in his favor. i do agree he has a low chance of getting dropped.

PT: the pokes are debateable, but the Trainer himself is actually safe.

the only safe caharacters in the next game, going by the events and tradition, are:

the original 8(mario,link,Kirby,Samus,Fox,Pikachu,Yoshi, Donkey Kong)
the new 8(Diddy Kong, Pit, ZSS, Meta Knight, Lucas, Pokemon Trainer,Wario,Olimar)
-captain falcon
-Luigi
-(maybe) Falco
everyone else is suspect.
Toon Link is almost certain they will leave, the chance to Lucario is a little smaller but still very high! Sonic was the character most requested by fans to get into brawl then will hardly go out, but I can not say the same about Snake ... Lucas will not replace Ness, nor will leave, he will continue as a regular, and Ness as unlockable. Wolf is not Dr. Mario, he is the Character of Starfox's strongest game, and still tends to be a good time in ssb. Ike will continue until a new Fire Emblem game is released, but still, due to its popularity, it is possible that when this happens, he continues to play as Marth does, only hidden character. R.O.B. not leave, Pokemon Trainer will continue with the same team because Charizard and Squirtle are very popular, and Ivysaur (my favorite), though very popular (not as much as others earlier) serves as a courtesy.

Smash Addict

Smash Cadet
I still think Rayman would be an awesome addition.
Absolutely! Rayman is my #1 choice for 3rd party character in SSB4. I'm not holding my breath, but it might happen. The Rabbids games did well on wii, so maybe he'll make it in. Or, maybe we'll get a rabbid.

That would actually work. There are lots of crazy things that could be done with those guys.

Also, I want Toejam & Earl to be brought back from the gaming graveyard. Not counting on it though.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
@ KumaOso

How do you think Starfy's gameplay would be like with these abilities I listed?

My only true concern is balance. That underwater moveset would only apply to certain stages and that could potentially make him really good on those stages and/or really bad on stages without water.

It's unique, but it's not suitable for this kind of game.

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
I still think Rayman would be an awesome addition.
I agree. Rayman 3 and Rayman Origins show that he has a lot of fighting potential--from close combat to long range. Plus, Origins will be at this year's E3.

Pay attention to his fighting in Rayman Origins. They could literally copy and paste his moves into Smash like they did with Yoshi from SMW2: Yoshi's Island.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MvhwWXF-LfU

EDIT: These are all the 3rd party characters that I would love to see. Its a dream roster, most are highly unlikely, and I'd only choose one.
Rayman
Ratchet and Clank
Banjo and Kazooie
Megaman
Zero
Knuckles
Earthworm Jim

The list is smaller than I thought it'd be.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
My SSB4​

Okay, so I decided today is the day that I try to put down in writing my most recent ideas for an interesting smash. This will be long so, you've been warned upfront. Let us start with the beginning roster in no particular order:

Mario Bowser DK Samus/Zss

Peach Yoshi Falcon Pit

Link Wario Olimar Marth

Zelda Kirby K. DDD Ike

IC Pikachu Jigglypuff Ness

Fox Mii's

Starter Roster Reasoning: I choose twenty two characters to start with because I felt that it was at the right point between being ridiculously small, and leaving a small amount to be unlocked. Mii's are the only newcomers you start with and will go more in=depth with them later in the Newcomers section.

Modes: I decided to keep the single player modes like they have been in past games for the most part.

Classic will have ten rounds with each of them being represented by a certain game, or bunching. For example, you may fight two Mario characters and a single "Retro" character. There will also be four other rounds. The first would be Break the Targets. This would once more be individual to each character instead of having the "Easy" level "Medium" level ect. The second would be a new game that I haven't made up. The third would be the new version of vs. Polygon team. And lastly would be the hand battle. You would randomly either fight Master Hand, Crazy Hand, or Sister Hand. They all have unique moves. (Sister Hand got her name for being the opposite of Bros. in Smash Bros.) She would be feminine looking of course.

Adventure Will be similar to Melee in the sense that it isn't a freaking Subspace Emissary 2. That being said, each character would have a more individualized story, but generally all follow the same principal of going to different levels/battles and doing specific tasks ect. A few battles would be particular to the character. One of these being the "Rival Battle" which would be a specific character from the roster. The other would be a "Boss Battle". I will go more in-depth with these a little later on.

All Star will play like All Star.

Team-Classic: will be similar to classic mode, only that there could potentially be up to five characters on the battle field. Having a partner doesn't affect how many enemies would be fought. Ex: You and a friend would still fight three Mario characters if that was the challenge. There would be TWO Hands.

Challenge Mode: would be similar to Melee's. No "Easy" "Medium" or "Hard" until the Challenge has been finished once. These would get progressively harder. Some harder then any ever in Brawl/Melee. Getting Characters should be something you work at and this mode is just fun to play anyhow.

Gameplay: This will be relatively shorter then I would like, but I'm not well versed in the complexity of Smash's inner workings physics ect. So here is me giving a vague look at the game in that sense.

The game is more competitively oriented then ever and has Balance in mind. This isn't to the level of Street Fighter, but still it isn't Brawl. It would be more competitive than Melee. The Gamecube controller is dead. So we will not only have a new controller, but new controls. I liked Kuma's Idea with how there would be a Light, Medium, Heavy ect. With a smash button as well. Talk to him about that theory. I just liked it. Since this game is going to be more complex then any other smash it will be easy to get OK at, not good. And Hard to be great at. I feel like it's time to step smash up to another level.

Assist Trophies will be revamped. They will play like an "Assist attack" like many have suggested here. The trophy would be grabbed and the character would be shown briefly so everyone knows what to expect. This is where the familiar AT feel ends. The character disappears and the wielder will now use a specific button to release a strong attack. The attack will of course use the AT character. No more Pokeball on steroids.

Boss Battles: I decided that I would keep the boss battles. There would be probably ten bosses available for battle, and depending on the “path” you take in adventure mode you could fight a different one. This is my list:
• Mario: Petey Piranha
• Samus: Metroid
• Fire Emblem: Black Knight
• Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword Villain
• Pokemon: Lucario
• Earthbound: Masked Man
• Megaman: Bass
• Star Fox: Andross
• F-Zero: Black Shadow
• Sonic: Shadow
• SMRPG: Smithy
• Snake: *insert Solid Snake Character*
• Pikmin: Bulbax
• Pit: Eggplant Wizard
• Little Mac: King Hippo (Or Whatever the fat guy’s name is)

Final Roster:Okay, like I said, all characters will be harder to get then before. I actually have compiled a list of who is easier vs. the hardest. The list of characters will go easiest to get to hardest to get. The following is a list of all the characters, costumes, and how to get them. Also I will post a reasoning why they were added in.
Meta Knight – Beat Classic Mode as Kirby and Adventure Mode as King Dedede/ Play 75 Brawls
Diddy & Dixie – Beat Classic Mode on Hard/ Play 150 Brawls
Toon Link – Beat the first five Challenges(The Fifth involving him in some way)/ Play 250 Brawls
Bowser Jr – Play as Bowser 100 times / Brawl 300 times
Caeda – Play Adventure mode as Ike or Marth and Battle her as you “Rival Battle/ Play 400 Brawls
Wolf – Play at x stage for 1 hour(total)/ Brawl 450 times
Ganondorf – Beat Link, Toon Link, Zelda, and Sheik’s Adventure mode/ Play 450 Brawls
Luigi – Beat the first 15 challenges/ Play 500 Brawls
Krystal – Play TeamClassic and defeat the three StarFox characters in under 1:30/ Play 550 brawls
Pokemon Trainer 2nd Gen (Fer/Bay/Cyn) – Beat Classic Mode as Pikachu and Jigglypuff AND Beat the first 20 Challenges/ Play 600 brawls
R.O.B. - Defeat 25 Opponents in Cruel Smash/ Brawl 700 times
Medusa – Defeat the “Villains” Challenge/ Play 750 Brawls
Vaati – Play as Ganondorf for 2 hours/ Play 800 Brawls
Snake- Beat 200 Man Brawl/ Play 850 times
Sonic - Beat 10 Minute Brawl/ Play 900 rounds of brawl
Isaac – Beat 40 Challenges / Play 950 rounds of Brawl
Little Mac – Finish the 50 Challenges/ Play as Isaac 100 times
Deoxys – Defeat Challenge 51 “Battle of the Legendaries”/ 1000 times
Sabure Prince – Beat Challenge 52 “Battle of the Royalty”/ Play 1050 times
Ridley – Beat Classic with all starting characters/ Play as ZSS for 3 hours
Victini – finish 55 Challenges (The last five are extremely hard)/ Brawl 1100 times
Mr. G&W - (After unlocking everyone below you unlock All Star Mode) Beat All-Star Mode
Megaman – Defeat every boss on Hard/ Brawl 1200 times
Geno – Beat Classic/Adventure with all characters/ Brawl 1500 times

Alt. "Costumes" - All are unlocked after playing 100 times with their original character
Doc Costume - Play as Mario
Daisy Costume - Play as Peach
Original Wario Costume - Play as Wario
Pichu costume - Play as Pikachu
Falco costume - Play as Fox
Lucas Costume - Play as Ness
Prince Fluff costume - Play as Kirby

Comments? Questions?
Any Questions?

Edit: I almost forgot, Mii's play with different moveset's depending on your weight/height.

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
Samus: Metroid
• Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword Villain
• Pokemon: Lucario
• Earthbound: Masked Man
• Megaman: Bass
Star Fox: Andross
I think it's weird to fight a metroid as a boss. Metroid Prime on the other hand...

EDIT: Andross as well. If you mean the "modern" version, we already have Master and Crazy Hand. If you mean the original aka Assist Trophy version, how can you hit him? Will there be a special Arwing (fox's plane) feature where you're in first person looking through the cockpit as you fire lasers?

ToiseOfChoice

Smash Ace
And for all his liking of Nabarl, he only appeared as a sticker in Brawl.
While not Nabarl-specific, his love for Myrmidons in general pops up a lot. More of a neat tidbit than anything though.

Really surprised some people still think anyone other than Roy or a new guy has a chance in FE business.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I'll do Shortie a favor and repost my gameplay ideas with some edits and new stuff.

As it is right now, and in Melee, traditional combos don't really exist. Almost all of the Smash combos are predominantly juggles and are nothing like most combos in a 2D fighter. Not only that, but combos tend to consist of SHFFLing (or something like that) aerials so anyone without these would potentially run into difficulty.As such, I'm suggesting this:

1. Increase the number of attack buttons from one to three, light, medium, heavy. This lets you have a Guilty Gear/Marvel/BlazBlue combo system where you basically dial your combos in. This allows ground combos that don't involve jumping for a change.
2. Keep specials as they are, but now include three versions of specials. For example, you'll get different versions of Samus' missles with B+A, B+X and B+Y.
3. Most of the normals in previous Smash games are now moved to the different buttons. Here's a basic format:

The control stick format is this with 5 being the neutral position. This is done to save time writing this stuff up.

5A - A
6A - FTilt
2A - DTilt
5X - Utilt
6X - FSmash
2X - DSmash
5Y - New Attack
6Y - USmash
2Y - New Tripping Attack

For in the air:
j.A - NAir
j.X - Fair
j.Y - UAir
j.2Y - Dair

Again, this is to bring more of a ground game, and this under the idea the series gets a revamp. So for a quick recap on controls:

A, X, Y - Light, Medium, and Heavy attacks.
B - Specials
L - Shield
L+B - Final Smash, must be pressed at the same time, so you can't hold shield and then press B.
R - Jump, and assuming tiggers are pressure sensitive like with the GC and other controllers, the time to learn how to do short and regular jumps is cut drastically.

This would be the default controls so change them as you please.

Other mechanics:

Air Dodge - Back the way it was in Melee but with some new changes. By holding the shield button while dodging, you will have old school invincibility and will enter a helpless state, but doing just a quick tap with do an air dash in the corresponding direction. Each air dash takes up one jump per character.

Super Meter - This is to build up for your final smash. However, the smash ball will still exist as an automatic meter filler. You build this up through different ways such as dealing and taking damage.

Tech grabs - If one player tries to grab another, the grabee will have seven frames (three before, four after) to get out of the grab. This kills chain grabs off for good.

Wavedash - Because of the return of 9-way air dodging, this is possible once again.

L-Canceling - Still gone, but all aerial attack landing lag is now cut to 3 frames, the same as landing from a jump.

Canceling - This is basically how the dial a combo system works. You press the next attack as the first attack hits. This can also apply from canceling from normals into special attacks. However, not all attacks will cancel into the same specials, or any at all, and just because something cancels into a special doesn't mean it will connect. That last one though depends mostly on frame data and spacing.

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
@ Birthnote Ratchet and Clank are FIRST party characters for Sony. so they liteally can never get in. ever.

anyway....

My SSB4​

Okay, so I decided today is the day that I try to put down in writing my most recent ideas for an interesting smash. This will be long so, you've been warned upfront. Let us start with the beginning roster in no particular order:

Mario Bowser DK Samus/Zss

Peach Yoshi Falcon Pit

Link Wario Olimar Marth

Zelda Kirby K. DDD Ike

IC Pikachu Jigglypuff Ness

Fox Mii's

Starter Roster Reasoning: I choose twenty two characters to start with because I felt that it was at the right point between being ridiculously small, and leaving a small amount to be unlocked. Mii's are the only newcomers you start with and will go more in=depth with them later in the Newcomers section.
Marth as a starter? hmmmmm.......

Modes: I decided to keep the single player modes like they have been in past games for the most part.just bring back board the platforms and the old target test and I'm cool.

Classic will have ten rounds with each of them being represented by a certain game, or bunching. For example, you may fight two Mario characters and a single "Retro" character. There will also be four other rounds. The first would be Break the Targets. This would once more be individual to each character instead of having the "Easy" level "Medium" level ect. YESZ!The second would be a new game that I haven't made up. The third would be the new version of vs. Polygon team. And lastly would be the hand battle. You would randomly either fight Master Hand, Crazy Hand, or Sister Hand. They all have unique moves. (Sister Hand got her name for being the opposite of Bros. in Smash Bros.) She would be feminine looking of course.actually I think it would be Madame hand, thogh what does she represent(since Master is Creation and Crazy is Destruction?)

Adventure Will be similar to Melee in the sense that it isn't a freaking Subspace Emissary 2. That being said, each character would have a more individualized story, but generally all follow the same principal of going to different levels/battles and doing specific tasks ect. A few battles would be particular to the character. One of these being the "Rival Battle" which would be a specific character from the roster. The other would be a "Boss Battle". I will go more in-depth with these a little later on.

All Star will play like All Star.

Team-Classic: will be similar to classic mode, only that there could potentially be up to five characters on the battle field. Having a partner doesn't affect how many enemies would be fought. Ex: You and a friend would still fight three Mario characters if that was the challenge. There would be TWO Hands.

Challenge Mode: would be similar to Melee's. No "Easy" "Medium" or "Hard" until the Challenge has been finished once. These would get progressively harder. Some harder then any ever in Brawl/Melee. Getting Characters should be something you work at and this mode is just fun to play anyhow.

Gameplay: This will be relatively shorter then I would like, but I'm not well versed in the complexity of Smash's inner workings physics ect. So here is me giving a vague look at the game in that sense.

The game is more competitively oriented then ever and has Balance in mind. This isn't to the level of Street Fighter, but still it isn't Brawl. It would be more competitive than Melee. The Gamecube controller is dead. <<<Agree.So we will not only have a new controller, but new controls. I liked Kuma's Idea with how there would be a Light, Medium, Heavy ect. With a smash button as well.If the Cafe controller doesin fact have a touch screen, how would you incorporate it? taunt maybe? :p Talk to him about that theory. I just liked it. Since this game is going to be more complex then any other smash it will be easy to get OK at, not good. And Hard to be great at. I feel like it's time to step smash up to another level. probably best not to make a huge learning curve-make a pefect balance, don't rack it up to Master levels beyond melee, but not to super easy like brawl(though I have diifficulty with B sometimes...) make a modrate Smash 64 level. so uhh, more like Pokemon and less like Fire Emblem.

Assist Trophies will be revamped. They will play like an "Assist attack" like many have suggested here. The trophy would be grabbed and the character would be shown briefly so everyone knows what to expect. This is where the familiar AT feel ends. The character disappears and the wielder will now use a specific button to release a strong attack. The attack will of course use the AT character. No more Pokeball on steroids.so kinda like the old assist attacks from MVC1? hmmmmm...

Boss Battles: I decided that I would keep the boss battles. There would be probably ten bosses available for battle, and depending on the “path” you take in adventure mode you could fight a different one. This is my list:
• Mario: Petey Piranha
• Samus: MetroidDark samus or Kraid could work better (unless it's metroid prime)
• Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword Villainthe villain might be ganon-_-....
• Pokemon: Lucarioor M2
• Earthbound: Masked ManOr porky
• Megaman: BassDr. Wily would be WAY better
• Star Fox: Andross
• F-Zero: Black Shadow
• Sonic: ShadowEggman?
• SMRPG: Smithy
• Snake: *insert Solid Snake Character*Psycho Mantis. You're welcome.
• Pikmin: Bulbax
• Pit: Eggplant WizardMedusa is better as a boss
• Little Mac: King Hippo (Or Whatever the fat guy’s name is)Correct.

Final Roster:Okay, like I said, all characters will be harder to get then before. I actually have compiled a list of who is easier vs. the hardest. The list of characters will go easiest to get to hardest to get. The following is a list of all the characters, costumes, and how to get them. Also I will post a reasoning why they were added in.
Meta Knight – Beat Classic Mode as Kirby and Adventure Mode as King Dedede/ Play 75 Brawls
Diddy & Dixie – Beat Classic Mode on Hard/ Play 150 Brawls
Toon Link – Beat the first five Challenges(The Fifth involving him in some way)/ Play 250 Brawls
Bowser Jr – Play as Bowser 100 times / Brawl 300 times
Caeda – Play Adventure mode as Ike or Marth and Battle her as you “Rival Battle/ Play 400 Brawls
Wolf – Play at x stage for 1 hour(total)/ Brawl 450 times
Ganondorf – Beat Link, Toon Link, Zelda, and Sheik’s Adventure mode/ Play 450 Brawls
Luigi – Beat the first 15 challenges/ Play 500 Brawls
Krystal – Play TeamClassic and defeat the three StarFox characters in under 1:30/ Play 550 brawls
Pokemon Trainer 2nd Gen (Fer/Bay/Cyn) – Beat Classic Mode as Pikachu and Jigglypuff AND Beat the first 20 Challenges/ Play 600 brawls
R.O.B. - Defeat 25 Opponents in Cruel Smash/ Brawl 700 timesHoly freaking crap! you got this from egm, DID YOU?
Medusa – Defeat the “Villains” Challenge/ Play 750 Brawls
Vaati – Play as Ganondorf for 2 hours/ Play 800 Brawls
Snake- Beat 200 Man Brawl/ Play 850 times
Sonic - Beat 10 Minute Brawl/ Play 900 rounds of brawl
Isaac – Beat 40 Challenges / Play 950 rounds of Brawl
Little Mac – Finish the 50 Challenges/ Play as Isaac 100 times
Deoxys – Defeat Challenge 51 “Battle of the Legendaries”/ 1000 times
Sabure Prince – Beat Challenge 52 “Battle of the Royalty”/ Play 1050 times
Ridley – Beat Classic with all starting characters/ Play as ZSS for 3 hours
Victini – finish 55 Challenges (The last five are extremely hard)/ Brawl 1100 times
Mr. G&W - (After unlocking everyone below you unlock All Star Mode) Beat All-Star Mode
Megaman – Defeat every boss on Hard/ Brawl 1200 times
Geno – Beat Classic/Adventure with all characters/ Brawl 1500 times

Alt. "Costumes" - All are unlocked after playing 100 times with their original character
Doc Costume - Play as Mario
Daisy Costume - Play as Peach
Original Wario Costume - Play as Wario
Pichu costume - Play as Pikachu
Falco costume - Play as Fox
Lucas Costume - Play as Ness
Prince Fluff costume - Play as Kirby
this is a cool concept, but most of these guys(Fluff) work better as actual characters. and how many times must I beat it in someone's skull that the reason why Pichu isn't in Brawl is because it evolved? and why no PT alts?

Comments? Questions?
Any Questions?see in bold.

Edit: I almost forgot, Mii's play with different moveset's depending on your weight/height.that meansyou would need a balance board. do we even know if thee is going to be one with Cafe?

Jaklub

Smash Journeyman
Since this game is going to be more complex then any other smash it will be easy to get OK at, not good. And Hard to be great at. I feel like it's time to step smash up to another level.
To game is already too tough for some people (and that's not me, if someone asks. Believe me. Those people DO exist.).
The closer Smash gets to other fighting games, the bigger the risk that's it goes out of mainstream is (and sales are the main goal of Nintendo, obviously. It's Nintendo after all).
I wouldn't count on something as radical as 3 normal attack buttons. When GC came in, we got a new controller. But Smash didn't change.

@up: The height and weight of Mii, I believe.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
The biggest problems fighting games have had are these:

1. The execution barrier. How do you have the execution not as intimidating at the lower level while still providing the options need for higher level play.
2.Players cannot visibly see the strategy behind fighting game matches.

For number one, the setup I suggested gets rid of a number of problems, including the ones Smash already has. Those being short and regular jumps and how to do Smash attacks.

The second one is something that is incredibly hard to send out. IIRC, Capcom's trying to work that one out.

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
@Vaati

I know that Ratchet and Clank are strictly Sony's. That was a dream roster, I admiited that they were highly unlikely, and as a fantasy roster I don't expect ANY of them to be in. Why would anyone take a dream roster like that seriously?

EDIT: @Everyone who played Mario Galaxy 1 and 2

Who do you think is the most popular boss? Petey Piranha got that spot in Sunshine, but who do you think would get that title in the Galaxy games? Dino Piranha? Kamella?

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
@Vaati

I know that Ratchet and Clank are strictly Sony's. That was a dream roster, I admiited that they were highly unlikely, and as a fantasy roster I don't expect ANY of them to be in. Why would anyone take a dream roster like that seriously?
I'm not taking it THAT seriously, the major reason i said that was that you are not the first person to actually post that duo. since Spyro(insomiac's original character) went third party, there are many people that think R & C fall under the same category. i needed to make sure you didn't think that as well. no offense, man.

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
I'm not taking it THAT seriously, the major reason i said that was that you are not the first person to actually post that duo. since Spyro(insomiac's original character) went third party, there are many people that think R & C fall under the same category. i needed to make sure you didn't think that as well. no offense, man.

Ah, I see. Thanks for clearing that up.

EDIT: I also apologize for putting Ratchet and Clank with mostly 3rd Party characters. If I had made a distinction in that post, this wouldn't have happened. Once again I apologize.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom